Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

If the US fails as a nation, Texas should declare independence and become their own country.

They could rival European superpowers like the UK and France in pretty much every aspect.

Gun ownership would probably be made mandatory as well
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If the US fails as a nation, Texas should declare independence and become their own country.

They could rival European superpowers like the UK and France in pretty much every aspect.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There actually is a bill waiting to be heard that is about seceding.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Pathetic...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:53:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, if you do, I’ll be the first in line for a Texan citizenship
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard about that.  Made me smile.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:58:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, that doesn't happen.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

There has been a huge uptick in stabbing crimes in the UK.  They have responded by banning all sorts of knives, giving more 'search for no reason' power to police, and are requiring 'anti-stab' knives.  They've been making these things for over 10 years now

https://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/knife.jpg
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3603/3630027936_caffc95f7d_o.jpg

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

No such thing as “search for no reason”.

Stop making shit up.

Compare the requirements for a Terry frisk in the US, identifying a specific suspect and suspicion of a crime, vs various UK PDs searching everyone in the street that crosses a certain block and boasting about it.

Kharn

Hmm?

The stop and search process

A police officer or a police community support officer (PCSO) in uniform can stop you but only police officers can search you. A police officer does not have to be in uniform but they must show you their warrant (ID) card. They can search you, anything you are carrying and a vehicle.
What you should be told

The police officer or police community support officer must explain why you're being stopped and why you're being asked to account for your actions or presence in an area.

In almost all cases, you should be offered a record of the stop and account or stop and search at the time it happens.

The police use these powers to help make the local community safer by preventing and detecting crime. Naturally, public cooperation is an essential part of that.
Where you can be searched

Stop and search most often happens in public places. However, there are some powers, such as searching for firearms or drugs, which allow police to search people anywhere.

If you're in a public place, you may be required to remove your coat or jacket and your gloves, unless you've been stopped in relation to terrorism or where the officer believes you are using clothes to hide your identity.

The search is not voluntary. If you don’t cooperate the officer can use reasonable force to conduct the search.

Section 60
Orders under section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act allow officers to stop and search people with no grounds for suspicion. Police are only supposed to authorise the use of section 60 when there has been serious violence or where there is a risk it may occur in a particular area.

Section 60 – ‘without suspicion searches’
Sometimes ordinary stop and search powers aren't enough to keep communities safe as people can only be stopped and searched if the officer has reasonable grounds. A Section 60 allows police officers to stop and search people even if they don't have suspicions about them.

If a senior officer believes incidents of serious violence will take place in a specific area, or that people will be carrying weapons, and it is necessary to use these powers then they may put a Section 60 in place.

It doesn't even take a judge to suspend a community's rights.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:03:12 AM EDT
[#7]
But on the plus side the British police don't usually shoot your dog or do no knock warrants shoot you and your dog.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Seriously people no, no they havnt. I've never sever seen one of those knives it was a idea by some left wing nutter.

Just like your left wing nutters have it never took off.

But yes our police are fucking useless and we have shit laws that they "can" use.

I have leathermans and sogs all over the place. If I'm pulled up they won't search me. If they raid a house of a drug dealer and they find that yes they will take it.

I honestly don't remember the last time I saw a cop and I've never been searched or questioned for anything
View Quote

Quoted:

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

No such thing as "search for no reason".

Stop making shit up.
View Quote

Well, there it is. lol...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:05:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bring it on. The more guns the merrier.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're in the states now?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Thumbs down ya wanker.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:09:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Pretty sure it is a Leatherman wave.
I can't imagine trying to use one as a "deadly weapon".

How the hell do tradespeople there get by without knives and other sharp objects?
They would probably call the SWAT team if they saw what I had in the back of my work truck. Have an axe and a machete in my offroad truck too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorta looks like the Leatherman Wave I've stuffed into a kitchen drawer, if it is I agree withe the thumbs down gesture the mighty police woman is giving.

Pretty sure it is a Leatherman wave.
I can't imagine trying to use one as a "deadly weapon".

How the hell do tradespeople there get by without knives and other sharp objects?
They would probably call the SWAT team if they saw what I had in the back of my work truck. Have an axe and a machete in my offroad truck too.

It is a perfect example of where "spirit of the law" was ruined by "letter of the law".

A law was passed to essentially prohibit dagger type knives being possessed in public. At the time lots of stabbings were happening.

When writing the legislation, they exempted "pocket knives with NON-LOCKING blades under 3" - basically your little swiss army type knife - as it was argued it was not likely to be used for stabbing.

Multi tools were not around when the lesislation was drafted. And it was never written to cover tools - it was written to cover knives used in stabbing.

However, in most multi tools the blade locks so it TECHNICALLY falls into the wrong category.

There is an EXEMPTION for possession in public if you have GOOD REASON. On your way fishing or hunting. Carried as part of your work etc.

HOWEVER, it is SUBJECTIVE - The cop decides whether your reason is good enough. And sends you to court for the magistrate to decide on your guilt or innocence.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

There has been a huge uptick in stabbing crimes in the UK.  They have responded by banning all sorts of knives, giving more 'search for no reason' power to police, and are requiring 'anti-stab' knives.  They've been making these things for over 10 years now

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

Yes - generally speaking there has to be acreason for a search.

BUT.......it is a condition of entry to certain venues.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They’d stroke out if they saw that I carried just to go the store.
View Quote

This.

And by their logic I my tools should've killed at least 3-5 of the people I come into contact with while there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hmm?

Section 60

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

Compare the requirements for a Terry frisk in the US, identifying a specific suspect and suspicion of a crime, vs various UK PDs searching everyone in the street that crosses a certain block and boasting about it.

Kharn

Hmm?

A police officer or a police community support officer (PCSO) in uniform can stop you but only police officers can search you. A police officer does not have to be in uniform but they must show you their warrant (ID) card. They can search you, anything you are carrying and a vehicle.
What you should be told

The police officer or police community support officer must explain why you're being stopped and why you're being asked to account for your actions or presence in an area.

In almost all cases, you should be offered a record of the stop and account or stop and search at the time it happens.

The police use these powers to help make the local community safer by preventing and detecting crime. Naturally, public cooperation is an essential part of that.

Stop and search most often happens in public places. However, there are some powers, such as searching for firearms or drugs, which allow police to search people anywhere.

If you're in a public place, you may be required to remove your coat or jacket and your gloves, unless you've been stopped in relation to terrorism or where the officer believes you are using clothes to hide your identity.

The search is not voluntary. If you don’t cooperate the officer can use reasonable force to conduct the search.

Section 60
Orders under section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act allow officers to stop and search people with no grounds for suspicion. Police are only supposed to authorise the use of section 60 when there has been serious violence or where there is a risk it may occur in a particular area.

Sometimes ordinary stop and search powers aren't enough to keep communities safe as people can only be stopped and searched if the officer has reasonable grounds. A Section 60 allows police officers to stop and search people even if they don't have suspicions about them.

If a senior officer believes incidents of serious violence will take place in a specific area, or that people will be carrying weapons, and it is necessary to use these powers then they may put a Section 60 in place.

Kharn

Thats not the same as what you claimed, and I quote you:  "various UK PDs searching everyone in the street that crosses a certain block and boasting about it"

It has happened occasionally for limited durations for targeted, specific groups where there is a specific threat in very specific (often rich and vibrant) areas associated with gang violence.  Even that is a stretch on policing sources.

For everyone else in the UK they have never, and will never be anywhere near such measures, let alone be affected by them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah - Just a bit of an experimental change - the Britbong flag seems to trigger some folks, so though I'd try something different.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can Florida come too?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Make up your minds

Are you a Constable or are you a Police Officer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nah - Just a bit of an experimental change - the Britbong flag seems to trigger some folks, so though I'd try something different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Can Florida come too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can Florida come too?

I'd prolly be ok for the majority of the southern states to join.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:22:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

location.

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

Kharn

Edit - already covered by Agent Funky.

It does.

But is VERY RARELY done.

Has to be authorised for a set period and set location by Ch Supt.

Gives power to stop and seaech anybody you want in that
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

Yep.  Court buildings, Airports and the like.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#23]
The Germans should invade and take over the country to prove a point...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:25:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Make up your minds

Are you a Constable or are you a Police Officer.
View Quote

I suspect nost prefer Police Officer.  

Constable morphed into "Cunt-Stubble" is now somewhat frowned upon in an informal setting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Cite? Never heard that happening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

Kharn

Cite? Never heard that happening.

I did it 3 times over 20 years.

Usually intel driven. Last time was Harrow Bus Station. Somali teens had called out West Indian teens to a gang fight ( after school - I kid you not ) at the bus station.

We were authorised to search anybody for an hour in that area. Shit load of machetes recovered.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thats not the same as what you claimed, and I quote you:  "various UK PDs searching everyone in the street that crosses a certain block and boasting about it"

It has happened occasionally for limited durations for targeted, specific groups where there is a specific threat in very specific (often rich and vibrant) areas associated with gang violence.  Even that is a stretch on policing sources.

For everyone else in the UK they have never, and will never be anywhere near such measures, let alone be affected by them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

Kharn

Hmm?

What you should be told

Section 60

Kharn

So because someone is in a minority-majority shitty neighborhood they have less rights than white people, and they're able to be searched whenever the sergeant on duty feels like rounding up some Arabs or Africans to fill the jail?

I've seen several come up in my Facebook feed over the years of the PD bragging about the shitty weapons they recovered, and videos of them harassing people on the street while carrying out their searches while all the comments from the US roasted them. Yes, they typically did harass minorities.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#27]
A leatherman?

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So because someone is in a minority-majority shitty neighborhood they have less rights than white people, and they're able to be searched whenever the sergeant on duty feels like rounding up some Arabs or Africans to fill the jail?

I've seen several come up in my Facebook feed over the years of the PD bragging about the shitty weapons they recovered, and videos of them harassing people on the street while carrying out their searches while all the comments from the US roasted them. Yes, they typically did harass minorities.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

Kharn

Hmm?

What you should be told

Section 60

Kharn

Kharn

As I stated - last time I saw it authorised ( and I used it ) was a bus station in a respectable town centre ( which happened to fall between two rival gang turfs )

And not by a Sergeant. Has to be Ch Superintendent ( think Police Captain or higher maybe in USA ) who has to submit a report to the Commissioner or Ch Constable ( your Chief of Police )

Yes, I saw racism when I worked in London. Was worse ( more blatant ) in 1991 ( especially in the officers who joined in 1970's or 80s and still serving ) and has improved a lot since. Still not perfect.

US police has a racism issue too.

I could offer an opinion on whose police are more racist - you would not like it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:39:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Im so glad our founders stuffed that “make the world England” policy right up their ass.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

Kharn

Hmm?

What you should be told

Section 60

Kharn

Kharn

That's not what is says ether.

You keep grasping at straws with your weak strawman though, yeah?

Also, try not getting your news through Facebook.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm so glad my parents left England when they did.
View Quote

Me too.  My birth country is an embarrassment.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I made the move earlier.

Better late than never.

And I certainly picked an interesting time to arrive. ( Jan 2020 )

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#33]
morons....

all of them....

hated my fucken time at Hull...

garbage keystone cops at Humberside....

most stupidest cops in the entire history of the civilized world.

They arrested me for practicing being a mechanic without a license for simply changing a car battery.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
morons....

all of them....

They arrested me for practicing being a mechanic without a license for simply changing a car battery.

View Quote

My knowledge is somewhat obsolete but I do not remember any offence of "practicing being a mechanic without a license" nor any power of arrest associated with it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The Germans should invade and take over the country to prove a point...
View Quote

With what army?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
how do they cut food?
View Quote

Have you seen their teeth?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:54:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Better late than never.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better late than never.

You an ex cop from Britain? How did you get to the US, if you don’t mind me asking? I would like to make the move myself one day.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#38]
What the living F?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
morons....

all of them....

View Quote

You're either bullshitting or there is a LOT more to that story than you are letting on.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What an embarrassment to humanity.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You an ex cop from Britain? How did you get to the US, if you don’t mind me asking? I would like to make the move myself one day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better late than never.

I had intended taking my house proceeds and pension lump sum and going down the investor route to green card in a few years.

I was over here frequently, shooting matches, vacations and shotshow - met a girl.........

That altered my schedule somewhat.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#42]
I just don't even know what to say. They are like 3 steps away from "we have to arrest you because you might commit a crime."
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Level 6 pussy unlocked.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

A long way below the country that just voted Joe Biden as President.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those are some derpy looking constables.  If we ranked the most pussified countries in the world, I wonder where the Britain formerly known as Great Britain would rank?

Close it down. He owns the thread with that one.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I had intended taking my house proceeds and pension lump sum and going down the investor route to green card in a few years.

I was over here frequently, shooting matches, vacations and shotshow - met a girl.........

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better late than never.

Congrats on the move then, happy it worked out for you

Everyone has always told me the fiancé route was the best way to eventually get a GC. That, or having loads of cash to invest in a company.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#46]
pathetic
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Seriously is that illegal there?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those are some derpy looking constables.  If we ranked the most pussified countries in the world, I wonder where the Britain formerly known as Great Britain would rank?

Touche.  You're not wrong.  Looks like they plan to put us all in the global gulag this time, mates.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:24:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm ready to make the move.  TX is the only other state I would want to call home.  My wife and I will cancel out 2 Californian imported votes, with 2 kids for the next generation as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Once the greatest empire on Earth
View Quote

An empire of which the sun never set.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top