Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:38:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Does Trump like olives?  Has Trump ever driven a Dodge?  Can Trump drive a manual shift?

Who gives a fuck?

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mayhap some sort of cheating device in the tube of his gun...to choke off the shot. A...choke...tube of some sort maybe...
View Quote

Lmao
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know, but he has screwed a super model!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#4]
In the 90s his security team would use our range after hours. The kids and the then Marla Maples would come somewhat often. The boys loved shooting. Donald never went. He just wasnt into it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Wayne LaPierre never uses the NRA HQ range.

Don't ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes...
I chatted for a long long time with Don Trump Jr..... at SHOT show years ago and his dad has a massive SIG collection and carries the SIG 230 or whatever.. that sig that looks like a PPK.

also some extremely limited and rare 220s and 226s and various other SIGS.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am not making a political statement of any kind.

However, I was thinking back on Trump’s presidency today, and for some reason it occurred to me...I’ve never seen a pic of Trump shooting. I mean, even Obama has that photo of him shooting a break action shotgun.

I think it’s fairly clear he’s not, at the very least, a huge “gun guy”. But does anyone know if he’s ever even pulled the trigger on a firearm?
View Quote

No.  Only assumptions he shoots his carry piece...unlike so many people who never do.

His permit was a vanity thing; he has security, he doesn't need it, but NYC leaders give them out as a recognition of influence.

The Fudd guns he was given at NRA functions were non-firing replicas, which is reasonable since NYC is a bitch to bring guns into under any circumstance.

He's never been seen holding a real gun, let alone firing one.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Do you need to display competency with a handgun to get a carry permit in NY?
Carrying a pistol and actually training with one are two very different things.
Eta: for spelling and to clarify that I'm not a Trump hater.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His NY carry permit leaked years back.
I want to say he had a PPk and a J frame?

No.   NYC permit system is simply to put obstacles to average people getting a pistol.  The rich can get pistol permits without ever knowing how to shoot a pistol.  Completely un-American.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does Trump like olives?  Has Trump ever driven a Dodge?  Can Trump drive a manual shift?

Who gives a fuck?

View Quote

People sure gave a shit Obama was never seen shooting.  Enough Democrats even, that Biden let him borrow his Beretta for a photo op.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He's been known to carry a pistol so yes, I imagine (or at least hope) so.
View Quote

I doubt he has ever carried even once.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes...
I chatted for a long long time with Don Trump Jr..... at SHOT show years ago and his dad has a massive SIG collection and carries the SIG 230 or whatever.. that sig that looks like a PPK.

also some extremely limited and rare 220s and 226s and various other SIGS.

View Quote

At this point I'd trust that guy's claims about his father as far as I can throw him.  He bold-faced lied about pretty much everything to do with his father's administration and gun policy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am not making a political statement of any kind.

However, I was thinking back on Trump’s presidency today, and for some reason it occurred to me...I’ve never seen a pic of Trump shooting. I mean, even Obama has that photo of him shooting a break action shotgun.

I think it’s fairly clear he’s not, at the very least, a huge “gun guy”. But does anyone know if he’s ever even pulled the trigger on a firearm?
View Quote

Obama shot like a chump. It was for show.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
NYC carry permits are I guess, that's different than the rest of the state. My permit states it's no good in the city.

Non residents can sort of get permits now I think you need to own property
View Quote

Let's say someone living in NYC goes to an upstate gun shop and says "I want to buy this shotgun".

Can he/she do that or are they automatically told to fuck off because they live in NYC and need another license?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Who gives a fuck?

View Quote

The way I see it, there’s two possibilities:

1) he’s never actually shot a gun, which - quite possibly - might make him one of very few, if not the first president in US history to not have done so. That would be an interesting historical quirk to me.

2) we can establish that he has, which would be equally interesting to me to know what he’s into. We have one poster in here saying he has a big SIG collection and carries a P232...to me, that’s equally interesting.

I put it in bold letters at the very top that I was not making a political statement of any kind. This is purely out of benign curiosity. I didn’t ask about olives or driving habits because, last I checked, this isn’t primarily a cooking or car forum.

Feel free to go crap in any of the other 10,000 pointless threads GD produces each day.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Obama shot like a chump. It was for show.
View Quote

Well obviously; it was a pure cheap photo op with the most fudd-type gun in existence. But it still counts as having discharged a firearm, if even only in the purely technical sense.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

NYS carry permits are as rare as hens teeth.
Non residents need not apply.
View Quote

NYS permits are common. Non-resident is possible if you OWN a residence. NY CITY carry permits are indeed rare.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
According with this video "he said that he often, if not always, carries a firearm":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW8R5gxuPtk

View Quote

According to one of his former bodyguards, not true. I smoke cigars with him a few times a year and he told me he never witnessed Trump carry a gun. I don't doubt he maintains his permit, no idea what the Secret Service's opinion on a protectee carrying.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

According to one of his former bodyguards, not true. I smoke cigars with him a few times a year and he told me he never witnessed Trump carry a gun. I don't doubt he maintains his permit, no idea what the Secret Service's opinion on a protectee carrying.
View Quote
(for smoking cigars with the bodyguard)
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
His NY carry permit leaked years back.
I want to say he had a PPk and a J frame?
View Quote

I bet that it's a Pearl Handled Gold Plated .45.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#21]
There was a thread on this site some years ago about DJT visiting some sheriffs or LEOs, I think in NC, and shooting an AR15 at their range with them, but he asked that no photos be taken. The deputies commented that he was a good shot.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

To my knowledge it varies by county.  I don't believe my county has any type of course to get a ccw but the judge doesn't give them out easily, and you have to show legitimate reason for having it.   Neighboring County does have a qualification standard you must pass, and if you can pass,  you can get it.    

NYC is whole different animal

For what it's worth my permit says "type:sportsman"  on the front but on the back says i am "authorized to possess and carry the following pistols..."  but I was also told when I got my permit you can't carry.. so wtfk?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's been known to carry a pistol so yes, I imagine (or at least hope) so.

I’ll bet he has.   He is an aggressive person, not afraid of things.

Remember when someone went after him on stage when he was running in 2016?   He was ready to fight.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#25]
So was this not real?

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
(for smoking cigars with the bodyguard)
View Quote

Actually two of them, both retired NYPD with family in the Albany area. I see them when they come up to visit their family. Not my friends, friends of friends, but the lounge I hang out at a few times a week is where the government insiders hang out and network. Haven't seen them as much with COVID, but typically around the bigger holidays.

This topic came up a few days ago in another thread, and I was reading the thread while at the lounge with one of my buddies who knows one of the former bodyguards. We got him on the phone and I asked, that's why I'm comfortable in stating that - just asked him within the past few days.

They are actually pretty cool guys, very down to Earth in a rough New York City kind of way... but they have nothing but positive things to say about Trump and his generosity, and they shared a few stories about how when Trump caught wind of problems they were having in their lives the problems just seemed to go away. Usually revolved around an illness of a family member, that kind of thing.

I'm not Trump's biggest fan, but hardly a Never Trumper. Voted for him twice. Met him once but he wouldn't remember me from Adam. But I am close to several people that are/were in his immediate circle from former Members of Congress, to real estate attorneys who worked for him going back to the 90s, to some of his former bodyguards. ALL fiercely loyal to this day.

I don't think I've ever seen somebody so maligned and who was able to withstand so much.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I know a guy who knows a guy, let me tell you, you can trust me on this.  After getting elected President, Trump got into building AR15s big time.  He enjoys cruising the "Build it Yourself" forum on here.  He made the Secret Service install a Harbor Freight vise in the basement down by the swimming pool for doing barrel swaps.  Rumor is Melania's been frustrated for a while now with him ignoring her and constantly changing configurations on his "builds."  Hence the rumors for the classic ARFCOM curse-style divorce that's impending.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I doubt he's fired more than 10 rounds his entire life.

Never put a worm on a hook.

Never ridden a Harley.

Never had a can of Bud with hunting buddies.

Never eaten pizza with his hands.

Never hung out with anyone that attended any of his rallies.

He was all smoke and mirrors.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I know a guy who knows a guy, let me tell you, you can trust me on this.  After getting elected President, Trump got into building AR15s big time.  He enjoys cruising the "Build it Yourself" forum on here.  He made the Secret Service install a Harbor Freight vise in the basement down by the swimming pool for doing barrel swaps.  Rumor is Melania's been frustrated for a while now with him ignoring her and constantly changing configurations on his "builds."  Hence the rumors for the classic ARFCOM curse-style divorce that's impending.
View Quote

If that's directed at me there are more than a few people here who know what I do for a living and my personal circle and professional network... And when I say a few people, I'm referring to staff, mods and the people who are responsible for this site being here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There is no photo of FBHO firing a shotgun. There exists a shitty photoshop of FBHO firing a shotgun.

Trump has a New York carry permit, so it's pretty much a given that he's fired one or more of his handguns.

ETA: I just remembered an interview somebody did with an NG commander whose unit Trump visited back in the early days of his admin. The commander claimed Trump knew his way around an AR, and was a decent shot.  
View Quote

Trump went to military school in the 1960s during his high school years.  Very likely that he qualified with some sort of service rifle during that time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes; hence the word "real" directly above it.

Is literally everything a conspiracy here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You saying he was actually firing the shotgun in that second pic?

Yes; hence the word "real" directly above it.

Is literally everything a conspiracy here?

You're wrong. Look at his stance. He may be holding it, but he ain't firing is. And shove your "conspiracy theory" up your ass. That phrase lives with "racist" now in the bin of meaningless counters.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He could have qualed with a .22LR for all we know. He's not a gun guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump went to military school in the 1960s during his high school years.  Very likely that he qualified with some sort of service rifle during that time.
He could have qualed with a .22LR for all we know. He's not a gun guy.

Uhm... Miami? You trying to tell us a .22LR isn't a firearm? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I heard from some industry guys it's a firearm. Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yes...

View Quote

P239 ?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
There was a thread on this site some years ago about DJT visiting some sheriffs or LEOs, I think in NC, and shooting an AR15 at their range with them, but he asked that no photos be taken. The deputies commented that he was a good shot.
View Quote

I have a pictureof this. Just haven't found it yet.
DJT holding/aiming a short barreled AR and wearing earmuffs.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#37]
"your" second amendment.

But keep beleiving he is was a paragon of the 2A.

Better than his opposition, but he was no Cruz or Paul
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You're wrong. Look at his stance. He may be holding it, but he ain't firing is. And shove your "conspiracy theory" up your ass. That phrase lives with "racist" now in the bin of meaningless counters.
View Quote

That picture was posted directly on the white house website. But you’re certain it was faked by the CIA or NSA or something, because it’s CLEARLY physically impossible to shoot birdshot from that stance. Even after Miami_JBT showed us the trap range at Camp David.

This place...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#42]
To quote Hitlery, "at this point what difference does it make?"

He pandered to gun guys, much like many other politicians. I remember all the hope about nationwide concealed carry and the hearing protection act. He could have pressed that early on when the GOP had both houses. But that never happened.

So, I am willing to bet he was never into shooting or even collecting guns. He may have owned a couple, but even my libtard friends have an old revolver collecting dust in a sock drawer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:28:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Spending a day at the range with a .22LR for a class introduction isn't making someone a "gun guy".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uhm... Miami? You trying to tell us a .22LR isn't a firearm? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I heard from some industry guys it's a firearm. Just sayin'.
Spending a day at the range with a .22LR for a class introduction isn't making someone a "gun guy".

OP didn't ask us if we thought he was a gun guy. He asked if we thought Trump had ever fired a gun. Jeez, man, You read better than this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:31:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That picture was posted directly on the white house website. But you're certain it was faked by the CIA or NSA or something, because it's CLEARLY physically impossible to shoot birdshot from that stance. Even after Miami_JBT showed us the trap range at Camp David.

This place...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That picture was posted directly on the white house website. But you're certain it was faked by the CIA or NSA or something, because it's CLEARLY physically impossible to shoot birdshot from that stance. Even after Miami_JBT showed us the trap range at Camp David.

This place...

Keep playing your stupid games, Homer. I, OTOH, think it's hylarious that you apparently believe that the White House website posting the pic means it's legit. How old were you when your mom first started dropping you on your head? Man, they'll let anybody post here, won't they?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:18:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Keep playing your stupid games, Homer. I, OTOH, think it's hylarious that you apparently believe that the White House website posting the pic means it's legit. How old were you when your mom first started dropping you on your head? Man, they'll let anybody post here, won't they?
View Quote

So was it the CIA or NSA?

Circle the pixels that prove it was photoshopped...you sure do seem 100% certain don’t you? Or did “they” do too good a job so it’s indistinguishable? You said it was a “shitty photoshop”; should be easy to prove the world wrong.

Were they faking them in the 60’s already? I mean look at how JFK is holding that shotgun....you can CLEARLY tell he’s not shooting it; the smoke is fake, right?

Attachment Attached File

I guess the really will “let anyone post here”
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:31:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Two pages of purse-swinging and not a single real photo of Trump firing a weapon (or even posing with one).

That says a tremendous amount, even if many here don't want to listen.

Anyone who's ever been to a domestic should know exactly what this sounds like, and how stupid the inevitable reconciliation always is. "But he loves me!"
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:48:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

What would even be the point of faking it? How hard is it to get the guy to hold a gun and pull the trigger while some dude takes a picture? This isn't faking the moon landing.

Also, what does it matter? Nobody is seriously claiming Obama is more pro-gun than Trump because he fired an over-under once. Just that Trump isn't really a gun guy and cared about guns only to the extent that he had to to win our votes (which is still more than Obama or Biden did, mind you). See also, all the times he opened his mouth and said something dumb like the infamous "take the guns first" quote, then walked it back after meeting with the NRA who informed him just how fucked he would be if he betrayed half of the guns + abortion Republican voting foundation.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:18:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If that's directed at me there are more than a few people here who know what I do for a living and my personal circle and professional network... And when I say a few people, I'm referring to staff, mods and the people who are responsible for this site being here.
View Quote
I wasn't trying to give you a hard time.  I was just playing around.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:22:35 AM EDT
[#49]
I would assume there was some sort of marksmanship course in military acadamy in the 1960s when he attended.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:22:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top