Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're going to imprison Assange, might as well imprison every single journalist who reports on classified information - which would be most of them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're going to imprison Assange, might as well imprison every single journalist who reports on classified information - which would be most of them.
View Quote

Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Boomers seem to hate both of them, I believe both to be modern day heroes. Why do you feel the government's dirty laundry should stay hidden? I would much rather live in Russia then be put in prison in the US, I also don't think Russia is a huge threat to the US. That is more of that boomer mentality.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does every single journalist who reports on classified information offers to provide technical assistance so their source can access encrypted files?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Had Snowden limited his revelations to domestic violations, his crimes may have deserved some limited sympathy and mitigation.  But, providing our enemies with our intelligence secrets, was not merely a betrayal, but simple treason and espionage.
View Quote

Completely agree.

Given your first scenario, I personally wouldn't characterize it as "limited sympathy". I would characterize it as extremely patriotic.

The rest of what he did, as it relates to sources and methods on foreign soil, was absolutely treason. Can't separate the two, so though he illuminated aspects of government that are Stasi in nature and things American citizens should absolutely be made aware of, lives (among other assets) were lost as a result of the rest.

The fleeing to China and then Russia while on the lamb speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By @StampCollector87:
Boomers seem to hate both of them, I believe both to be modern day heroes. Why do you feel the government's dirty laundry should stay hidden? I would much rather live in Russia then be put in prison in the US, I also don't think Russia is a huge threat to the US. That is more of that boomer mentality.
View Quote

What do you find heroic about editing gun camera footage to make it look like Americans are murderers and releasing info on US spying targets in China?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Snowden = wrong thing for the right reasons.

Assange = right thing for the right reasons.  The charges against him are nothing less than fake.  If you got a problem with someone sharing information that he didn't initially obtain, you got a brain problem. Ideas and information are not illegal.

Neither of them are evil, UNLIKE SOME PARDONED RECENTLY.  Snowden is fine where he is. He did the American public a service ultimately I think, but he's fine where he is.
View Quote
I tend to agree with this overall.  Hard to be 100% sure because who knows the full truths.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What do you find heroic about editing gun camera footage to make it look like Americans are murderers and releasing info on US spying targets in China?
View Quote

You mean where the reporters got blown up because they had  RPGs that were  video cameras? You act like the military didn't murder/kill 100's of thousands of people in the middle east. Many where terrorist but we were on their land and many women and children died.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You mean where the reporters got blown up because they had  RPGs that were  video cameras? You act like the military didn't murders 100's of thousands of people in the middle east. Many where terrorist but we were on their land and many women and children died.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean where the reporters got blown up because they had  RPGs that were  video cameras? You act like the military didn't murders 100's of thousands of people in the middle east. Many where terrorist but we were on their land and many women and children died.

Holy shit. I had a low opinion of Snowden lovers, but this takes the cake.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The "military murdered 100's of thousands of people in the middle east"?

Murdered, huh?

Now I see where you are coming from, and why you are such a big fan of Snowden and Assange.
View Quote

How many of the 911 hijackers were from Iraq and Afghanistan? Would you sit around and do nothing if you had a foreign military bombing the hell out of your country? If a country occupies another country for unjust reasons then those lives taken would be murder vs justified. Just because Bush wanted to try and finish what his bitch of a father started  a decade earlier does not make it justified. How did the search for WMD's go?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I tend to agree with this overall.  Hard to be 100% sure because who knows the full truths.
View Quote

One truth I do know is that anything and everything the IC tells you publicly is spun to paint them in the best possible light, even if they have to outright lie, they won't hesitate at all.  They have a shit load of reasons to lie about these incidents.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Assange is a Russian agent. Snowden is a spy for a foreign power. Neither of these guys are heroes.
View Quote

I trust Assange and Snowden more than Brennan, Clapper or Comey.  Change my mind.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So how long have you been a Code Pink activist?

View Quote

Not a clue what that is. But I am anti war, I guess that makes me a piece of shit. Are you saying with what you know today that the war/conflicts in the middle east were justified?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If personal privacy was of such concern to him then why did he go to China?If personal privacy was of such a concern to him then why did he go to Russia?
But he didn't.
But he didn't.
But he didn't.
View Quote

Monday morning quarterbacking a guy who was making decisions under unimaginable stress just to try and stay alive. I'll give him a huge level of benefit of doubt here, if needed - but I really don't even see much need for that. His book explains a great deal of his actions and the vast majority of his detractors have a priori mental commitments that would never allow them to support him anyway. Why would he bother trying to convince you? Why would I?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not a clue what that is. But I am anti war, I guess that makes me a piece of shit. Are you saying with what you know today that the war/conflicts on the middle east were justified?
View Quote

You have to understand that there's a subset of this forum that loves war and death and you'll never convince them otherwise. Mark them, avoid them, but never think you'll change them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You have to understand that there's a subset of this forum that loves war and death and you'll never convince them otherwise. Mark them, avoid them, but never think you'll change them.
View Quote

Really seems that way. They act like they wouldn't do the same thing that the terrorist did  if another country invaded the US.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You mean where the reporters got blown up because they had  RPGs that were  video cameras? You act like the military didn't murder/kill 100's of thousands of people in the middle east. Many where terrorist but we were on their land and many women and children died.
View Quote

I mean where reporters got killed because they were embedded with armed insurgents.

If you think that telling lies about the actions of the American military is heroic then we're just never going to agree.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Really seems that way. They act like they wouldn't do the same thing that the terrorist did  if another country invaded the US.
View Quote

Notice in their replies how if you criticize our government's wars, they clutch their pearls and pretend you're blaming it on the ground troops.

Classic leftist propaganda technique.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thank god the smartest person in the room showed up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Assange is a Russian agent. Snowden is a spy for a foreign power. Neither of these guys are heroes.

Because a lot of arfcommers are fucktarded potheads without a braincell left to their name. And they're gullible as fuck.

Thank god the smartest person in the room showed up.

Don't worry, scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You parrot the talking points of the FAR Left anti-war activists, and you denigrate our military, accusing them of "murdering hundreds of thousands" of people.

That's who you are.
View Quote

So the war was just? Answer that question. If the war was unjust and we were there for one man to prove to his daddy that he was not a giant piece of shit and could finish what his daddy started the war was unjust and all the people that died did so unjustly. No WMD's and the countries are no better now then they were 20 years ago. Don't act like the soldiers were fighting for our freedom over there, they were fighting to serve the industrial military complex. They were pawns of the elite to make billions/trillions in contracts.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Accusing the military of "murdering hundreds of thousands" in the middle east, but no troops did any of the "murdering"?

How exactly does that work?
View Quote

Murdering, killing, drone striking hospitals. You are getting wrapped up over one word I chose to use and not the fact that we should have never been there in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You lie and accuse the military of murdering hundreds of thousands of people.

Then you blather on, defending your lie by parroting the tired talking points of the FAR, FAR Left.
View Quote

So if you don't support wars you are the far left? I am sure the war was worth the thousands of American death's, suicides, life changing injuries, and the trillion plus dollars.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sounds good to me.
View Quote

Truly a frightening viewpoint. Just a cursory run through history shows us that some of the most heinous shit our government has ever done to its own citizens, or to other nations, was classified.

As much as I hate the left, the nut-sucking statism of the right and blind worship of the government to do what is right (and be above board about it) is as revolting. Ironically, when the really awful leftists get ahold of our seats of power (as they have in recent years), people on the right want to know what they're doing behind closed doors.

Do you ever just stop and think about this stuff? I mean, at all?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Truly a frightening viewpoint. Just a cursory run through history shows us that some of the most heinous shit our government has ever done to its own citizens, or to other nations, was classified.

As much as I hate the left, the nut-sucking statism of the right and blind worship of the government to do what is right (and be above board about it) is as revolting. Ironically, when the really awful leftists get ahold of our seats of power (as they have in recent years), people on the right want to know what they're doing behind closed doors.

View Quote

^^This is of life-and-death importance to our nation^^

Extremely well said.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's a lot of useful idiots around.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good to me.

Agreed.

Snowden should be held accountable for anything released that could put Americans in danger, and if he gave to foreign entities he should be held accountable for that too.

BUT, showing proof of government wrongdoing should not be punishable.

ETA- just look at operation Northwoods if you think it's always wrong to whistleblow against the government.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I love all the shills thinking they were agents for anyone but the bankers, if anybody. These are the kind of people who think they know what is going on because they have clearances.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:47:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Assange is perhaps the world’s greatest advocate for free speech and freedom of the press.

Snowden exposed unbelievable criminality and abuse of citizens’ rights at the hands of their own government. Whatever else you might say of him, that outweighs it IMO.

Stop blaming everything on Russia, you sound like a goddamn democrat.

INB4 Josh yells at us to read the HPSCI report in Snowden? Because I have, it’s garbage, just like every disgusting swamp creature in Washington.
View Quote

Agree.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Agreed.

Snowden should be held accountable for anything released that could put Americans in danger, and if he gave to foreign entities he should be held accountable for that too.

ETA- just look at operation Northwoods if you think it's always wrong to whistleblow against the government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good to me.

Agreed.

Sure would have been nice to see some IC and FBI folks whistle-blow on the coup those cunts were attempting for 4 straight goddamn years.

Alas, those "patriots" kept their mouths shut just like the ones in this thread advocate.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Nope.

If you parrot the Far Left talking points and accuse the military of "murdering" hundreds of thousands of people, in all likelihood, you are Far Left -or a useful idiot to the Far Left.  Six of one, half-dozen of another.
View Quote

So your saying the people that died in the Kunduz hospital airstrike were justified? I would call that murder but you may be warped in the head and feel like it's just the cost of war. It's amazing how blindly people follow our government as long as there is a bogyman. They authorized the military to use deadly force in DC if needed against US citizens. Those same soldiers will be the ones that take part in gun confiscation if it ever happens. I am sure they will treat US citizens better then they did people of the middle east.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

There you go again...
View Quote

There you go again not answering any questions. In your mind I guess we should not speak of any of the bad things the US military did. That must be why you dislike Assange so much, he uncovered the crimes committed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That's because I have no respect for your "questions."

Anyone who CONSTANTLY uses the phrase "so you're saying..." -and then goes on to say something OTHER than what that person is ACTUALLY saying, deserves very little respect in any conversation.
View Quote

Well all you have said is I am a far left wing nut job and that I used the word murder. Got it good argument, I hope you love your new commander in chief as much as you have loved the past. Look on the bright side we are about guaranteed to be in multiple wars so that should make you happy. Seeing our soldiers sent off to die while policing the world for unjust causes. But think how much money will be made by the elites of the backs of these soldiers. Totally worth it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

See?  You did it again.

View Quote

No I really don't see, but I am sure you won't educate me on what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Of course not. You just keep on keeping on.
View Quote

Likewise homie you do you and keep on being vague. So hip so edgy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don’t really see a problem there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No I really don't see, but I am sure you won't educate me on what you are talking about.
View Quote

I'll help you out, because you are clearly in need of help. When you said that Cincinattus called you a far left nut job, that was an example of you putting words in his mouth. While he has (accurately) said that you parrot far left talking points, he has never called you a far left nut job.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'll help you out, because you are clearly in need of help. When you said that Cincinattus called you a far left nut job, that was an example of you putting words in his mouth. While he has (accurately) said that you parrot far left talking points, he has never called you a far left nut job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh so adding the nut job is throwing him off? Thanks for the input. I guess I added nut job because most people on the far left are in fact nut jobs.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Oh so adding the nut job is throwing him off? Thanks for the input. I guess I added nut job because most people on the far left are in fact nut jobs.
View Quote

See, there you go doing it again. He did not say that you are on the far left. He said you repeat far left talking points. Do you not understand the distinction?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top