Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:16:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What good are mags with no ammo to put in them?
View Quote
I was gonna say
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:21:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen allot of first time gun buyers with worried faces at the gun counter. Those folks are at the beginning of the learning curve. This PSA is for them, not for the seasoned ARFCOM member who has been through the AWB, Sandy Hook, etc.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:24:50 AM EDT
[#3]
will not comply

fjb
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:55:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Because the vast majority of AR owners have bought enough to last a lifetime already.
View Quote

eh, if arfcom lore of '10 mags per weapon' rings true, then i bet the majority of AR owners do not have enough mags to last a lifetime. i'd bet at least 50% of AR owners just own the mag their gun came with.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:59:49 AM EDT
[#5]
just a FYI, when the mag ban was lifted in CA and we had 'freedom week' out here, this state alone bought out every retailer of every standard capacity magazine.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:00:41 AM EDT
[#6]
As soon as a high cap ban is passed in the House, the prices will skyrocket because of the 50/50 Senate split.  Just like in 1994.
I feel confident a bill will get to the House, and be voted on and passed, even though republicans made gains there.  What will happen in the Senate?  Who knows, but we know what will happen if it gets to 50/50, or if it passes the Senate.  Game over.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:31:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
just a FYI, when the mag ban was lifted in CA and we had 'freedom week' out here, this state alone bought out every retailer of every standard capacity magazine.
View Quote

I have a buddy that bought an AK at Academy. It came with 1 Magpul mag for it. I told him he needed to get more mags for it. He looked at me like I was stupid.

He also has a Glock 22. I've sent him links to crazy deals on the mags over the last few years. You think he bought any? He probably only has one box of ammo for each too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:36:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have a buddy that bought an AK at Academy. It came with 1 Magpul mag for it. I told him he needed to get more mags for it. He looked at me like I was stupid.

He also has a Glock 22. I've sent him links to crazy deals on the mags over the last few years. You think he bought any? He probably only has one box of ammo for each too.
View Quote

us being on arfcom and probably hanging with a lot of like minded people have similar mind sets. most of us buy many guns, buy many mags and stock up on ammo.

but especially how things have been going this past year, i don't see us as the majority gun owners. your average joe gun owner probably only has the mags his gun came with and like you said a box or two of ammo for that gun.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#9]
ive bought a couple. thinking im going for ar10 mags now. gonna need more than 1 that comes with the gun lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ive bought a couple. thinking im going for ar10 mags now. gonna need more than 1 that comes with the gun lol
View Quote

I ummm know a guy with about 30 ar-10 pmags, and no ar10
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:34:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I ummm know a guy with about 30 ar-10 pmags, and no ar10
View Quote

Yep, same. Think I’ll stop by PSA today and get a few more.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How do you figure?  Both Pmags and D&H are still in stock at PSA.  Granted, I can't say how many.
View Quote

At the time of my post, pmags in 5.56 were oos. It took a few hours of looking before the post was made.

I wasn’t looking for D&H at any store either. Tried keeping it simple.

I see they are back in at PSA.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you train regularly, 10 mags will not last 50 years.
View Quote

Nobody can do that now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nobody can do that now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you train regularly, 10 mags will not last 50 years.

Nobody can do that now.

Why not?  Didn't you stack it deep?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Who generally has the best price on 10 Pmags?

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Everyone I know already has 20+ AR mags. Most people dont need or want 100 of them. Shit I would bet 5-10 is enough for most AR owners.

Plus the Dems are getting trickier, if they do a mag ban there either wont be grandfathering and/or they will ban all sales of them, new, used, private, etc.
View Quote
the dems can go dryfuck each other, I won't turn in or register anything, Not my president, Pedo thief Bidet can go lick Hunter's ass
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Because the vast majority of AR owners have bought enough to last a lifetime already.
View Quote

this....if you have lived through the last few scares you probably have enough for 3 lifetimes at this point.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Most people have 3-4 magazines for each gun they own and thats more than enough.

I understand why they are sitting on the shelves

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Most people have 3-4 magazines for each gun they own and thats more than enough.

View Quote

LOL....He said 3 to 4 mags.......
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I am looking forward to selling overpriced magazines in the future, to people with the same mindset as a lot of you.

This place has changed a lot over the years.
View Quote
Yep. Then they'll be complaining that people are "gouging" them for $75+ per pmag.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, now is probably the time to get that D-60 PMAG you’ve been eyeing.

I need to get some 10 round mags still, but everything else is covered.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don’t have a few boxes of pmags still in the wrapper you’re probably doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Don't need magazines if you don't have ammo to put in them.

Jay
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gun owner vs shooters

"It came with a mag, why would I need to buy more?"

I hate loading mags at the range, so I always bring enough loaded mags for the trip.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#25]
To the people talking about stacking it deep. What about the people barely coming into age that can buy guns now? There is no way for everyone to stack it deep.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm still waiting for magpul to make mags that will fit the sig p320 guns. Sig wants $50 each or something crazy like that, and they can fuck off for that price.
View Quote

Yet instead they’ll make Glock and AK mags that are only slightly cheaper than OEMs, but noticeably inferior.

Also they can start slowing production of M2 pmags for more M3s.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
To the people talking about stacking it deep. What about the people barely coming into age that can buy guns now? There is no way for everyone to stack it deep.
View Quote

Stack deep the next round....but you wont.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#28]
They can pay market prices for ammo, or have none.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Because OP, no one wants to buy your overpriced mags op
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Correct. That’s why buck19delta keeps preaching about buying for children and grandchildren.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Stack deep the next round....but you wont.
View Quote

In all likelihood there won’t be a next round.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I’ll probably get a few more 10 packs and hold them for the people I told to do so.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Jay
View Quote

This. Why would anyone want to purchase something that is expected to become in short supply soon, and thus, more expensive in the future? That’s crazy talk.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gross. It's probably one of the shitty ones without steel locking lugs too
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

It appears MagPul is OOS on D-60s.
Is $110 a good price for 7.62 D-50s?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm gonna ask a technical question in GD: what's the actual risk here?  How many insertions can a user expect out of these polymer mags?  A few hundred?  A few thousand?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I hate loading mags at the range, so I always bring enough loaded mags for the trip.
View Quote

Especially at $10 per half hour.  

I've always said the 2 second rule is to pad their range clock and not about safety.  But if I take my can, they cannot hear how fast I shoot with all the racket going on in the lanes next to me.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Priorities.

I could eat out a lot more, hit the bar, movies, etc.... Instead i only occasionally do those things, and use the saved money to buy gun shit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Correct. That’s why buck19delta keeps preaching about buying for children and grandchildren.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This too..  Im planning on gifting 3/4 of my shit in the near future to kids / grandkids.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The guys with 40 ars and 500 mags with no armor, comms, NV etc. Also crack me up.
View Quote

I just can't get myself to spend money again on a PVS-14.  I had a Gen 3 but live in town so it was never used and I wound up selling it.

I have everything else covered though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
They have the perfect opportunity to stack mags deep, right now. Ammo will be back. Who knows if magazines will.

I'm done trying to convince anyone else. Actually, please don't buy anything else while it's available.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm gonna ask a technical question in GD: what's the actual risk here?  How many insertions can a user expect out of these polymer mags?  A few hundred?  A few thousand?
View Quote

General range use, probably a few years. If he does a prone transition or drops the rifle it's pretty much done.

I don't have a lot of experience with plastic lug mags because I loaded up on surplus combloc steelies at $7-$8.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I just can't get myself to spend money again on a PVS-14.  I had a Gen 3 but live in town so it was never used and I wound up selling it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guys with 40 ars and 500 mags with no armor, comms, NV etc. Also crack me up.

I was that way
Postage stamp lot in suburbia. Finally convinced myself $4k wasn’t that bad and I have about $4k into a MP5 clone which doesn’t get used either so whatever
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were in stock this morning, so I’d look in a few days. I’m not sure on price, I don't have a 7.62.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Scheels mag inventory is but a fraction of what it was. People must be reading this thread.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This. Why would anyone want to purchase something that is expected to become in short supply soon, and thus, more expensive in the future? That’s crazy talk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jay

AND it's the obvious lowhanging fruit for bans.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Lol. at one point I had more mags than bullets.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

as soon as biden does a potus speech screeching about banning assault rifles and high cap mags... they will vanish lickity split.

i ordered 30 glock 9mm magazines yesterday alone.
View Quote

Got 15 of the factory Glock long stick mags for the QC10 AR9

edit.. That's a 496 round load out
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

as soon as biden does a potus speech screeching about banning assault rifles and high cap mags... they will vanish lickity split.

i ordered 30 glock 9mm magazines yesterday alone.

I grabbed 15 more 20rd Metalform's for my new Colt mag AR9.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I grabbed 15 more 20rd Metalform's for my new Colt mag AR9.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top