Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
biden told his drones to buy shotguns.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you train regularly, 10 mags will not last 50 years.
View Quote

i have several pmags that are somewhere between 5k+ rounds each with nothing but cleaning. figure a 10k is the shelf life and 12 mags is good for 2k rounds a year rounds over 50 years. double that number of mags and you're talking about ammo cost numbers that are in the range of buying an house in cash. the real reason to stock 20+ mags per gun is to sell or trade them.

the reason you need spare mags you'll probably dumping them in combat. how long do you expect to survive in firefights to need have dumped 20 mags for a rifle, let alone 50?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Asked my buddy a few weeks ago.

Me: Hey, you stocked up on mags? Gonna get crazy.
Him: I’m good, I’ve got 5 or 6 already.
View Quote

Literally had this conversation with my cousin yesterday.

He only has 1 AR and has 4 or 5 mags I think. By the time we were done he ordered 5 more.

Not great, but at least he's in the 10 per/rifle range.

In a few months he'll probably wish he bought more.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Most people don’t stock up on them. I didn’t until I found this place. We used a single ruger 10/22 mag my entire life squirrel hunting. My stepdad still uses it. We shout more rounds then I could count. In my youth 1 is enough 2 is pure convenience. Now of course I have 18 mags per rifle and 10 per handgun.
View Quote

My fil is like that.  I said I needed more mags for a pistol once and he was like, why?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
5 years into the clinton mag ban, i never encountered anyone who said " man, im glad i didnt buy more mags when they were cheap and easy to get " / " im totally happy with my 10 ar mags and 3 glock mags..

i wonder why?

i did encounter tons of new shooters who cried hard that they could not afford $100 buck 15 rd glock mags to use in their shiny new 10 rd g-17 / g-19 etc. and many wished their dad etc had bought some extra to hand down to them. though.

https://i.imgur.com/Zeh1a3E.gif
View Quote

You seem to have the assumption that any future bans will allow grandfathering.

Why would that mistake be made a second time?

That said - if they're illegal to possess then there's no particular reason to not simply make more. It's not somehow potentially more illegal.

Unlike 1994-2004 3D printed bodies/followers/baseplates/spring jigs are now an option.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

i have several pmags that are somewhere between 5k+ rounds each with nothing but cleaning. figure a 10k is the shelf life and 12 mags is good for 2k rounds a year rounds over 50 years. double that number of mags and you're talking about ammo cost numbers that are in the range of buying an house in cash. the real reason to stock 20+ mags per gun is to sell or trade them.

the reason you need spare mags you'll probably dumping them in combat. how long do you expect to survive in firefights to need have dumped 20 mags for a rifle, let alone 50?
View Quote

Yes and no.

I have 1 rifle setup for each of my kids, myself and my wife.

Its not about selling or trading, but having a supply of mags for each one. Eventually the kids will move out and take their stuff with them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most people have 3-4 magazines for each gun they own and thats more than enough.

I understand why they are sitting on the shelves

You do realize, for most people he's actually right.  Standard Chinese Vietnam kit was a chest pouch with 3 mags, and one in the gun.  For  most people who aren't burning 3,000 rounds a year, those mags will last a lifetime.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ammo will come back, might be a little more expensive, but it will come back.. banned mags not so much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What good are mags with no ammo to put in them?

ammo will come back, might be a little more expensive, but it will come back.. banned mags not so much.

Who says they can't ban certain (or all) types of ammo?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The ammo that was widely available and cheap for YEARS.

At least, that’s what the ants will fill them with.

The grasshoppers...not so much.

ETA: In 2019 I remember getting, like, two marketing emails per week from SG Ammo. Each email started with something like this: “Folks, ammo is now widely available and the cheapest it has been in years! You had better stock up because we can promise you this will not last. We’ve ‘been there, done that’. Buy it now or regret not buying it later.”  

In other words...it’s not as if people weren’t warned. But just as we saw with toilet paper last March - and are seeing with ammo now - a majority of Americans simply aren’t prepared for the proverbial lights to go out tomorrow
View Quote

And you think the people doing that weren't also stocking up on magazines?

Hell, half the bulk ammo deals came with 10 packs of Pmags or aluminum 30s
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#10]
WTF good is a bunch of empty magazines?

People want AMMUNITION.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I did a mag count last night; something I had been planning on doing for months simply because it’s been years since I last took inventory.

My big surprise? Apparently I’m sitting on about $5,000 worth of AK-74 magazines! All those minty Russian Plums and East German Bakelites I bought for under $10/each back between 2003 - 2006 are now...not under $10 anymore. The Russian Plums look new and most are still in the sealed plastic bag. I looked up the price and holy cow...people are now paying $60-$80/each for these “M”-marked Russian mags in excellent condition. Almost the same for the EG Bakelites, too.

Buying the right “gun stuff” can be a good investment!
View Quote

Surplus always pays off.

Look at what those sub-$100 SKS and Mosins are going for. Nagant revolvers, Enfields, Webleys, CZ 52s. Any AK. What did a Chinese bakelite folder or double underfolder go for when they were new?

FWIW I bought a bunch of surplus Russian plums several years ago for about $30/ea, but they weren't new.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That said - if they're illegal to possess then there's no particular reason to not simply make more. It's not somehow potentially more illegal.

Unlike 1994-2004 3D printed bodies/followers/baseplates/spring jigs are now an option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 years into the clinton mag ban, i never encountered anyone who said " man, im glad i didnt buy more mags when they were cheap and easy to get " / " im totally happy with my 10 ar mags and 3 glock mags..

i wonder why?

i did encounter tons of new shooters who cried hard that they could not afford $100 buck 15 rd glock mags to use in their shiny new 10 rd g-17 / g-19 etc. and many wished their dad etc had bought some extra to hand down to them. though.

while its possible they wont... every single ban iv ever seen, passed, or proposed, from clinton, to even that gun hating bitch feinstein, and her latest updated 2020 ban,  to new york to california's bans, all grandfathered.  they can always come back and change it later, but they tend to ALWAYS grandfather.... to appease the selfish " i gots mine" fucks, who only care about themselves, and make a ban easier to slide up the citizens asses..

feinsteins ban bans new manufacture assault rifles, 10+ mags and spare parts for banned weapons, stripped lowers etc.... but grandfathers all of it, and allows all of it to be sold to other people.. just mandatory background checks IIRC for semi auto rifles.   10+ mags cannot be sold / transferred to other people and your required by law to store your semi auto rifle in a gun safe.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/66

The bill permits continued possession, sale, or transfer of a grandfathered SAW, ( SEMI AUTO WEAPON )which must be securely stored. A licensed gun dealer must conduct a background check prior to the sale or transfer of a grandfathered SAW between private parties.

The bill permits continued possession of, but prohibits sale or transfer of, a grandfathered LCAFD.  ( LCAFD = large capacity ammo feeding device )

Newly manufactured LCAFDs must display serial number identification. Newly manufactured SAWs and LCAFDs must display the date of manufacture.

feinsteins ban will be the least of the infringements we have coming in the next few years IMHO...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i think the democrats can basically do what ever the fuck they want. so, sure, its possible. i have to have some basis to operate on though. if i had lottery money, id have options to avoid anything, even if it meant buying my own island in international waters, and buying weapons via iran / russia to my hearts content by the metric ton / cargo ship.....

i cant though... so i have to assume ill be able to buy ammo in the future.. or at least " obtain" some from a depot / armory as at that point were probably syria.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

while its possible they wont... every single ban iv ever seen, passed, or proposed, from clinton, to feinstein, to new york to california, all grandfathered.  they can always come back and change uit later, but they tend to ALWAYS grandfather.... to appease the selfish " i gots mine" fucks, who only care about themselves.
View Quote

Good point.

Its often about restricting others after the power hungry have already 'got theirs'. Its the only way they know how to keep an advantage.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This.   There are probably more than a billion AR mags out there now.

There will be an archeologist 10,000 years from now digging up Pmag after Pmag and thinking "What the fuck are all these things for?  Most are still in this plastic wrap."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because the vast majority of AR owners have bought enough to last a lifetime already.

There will be an archeologist 10,000 years from now digging up Pmag after Pmag and thinking "What the fuck are all these things for?  Most are still in this plastic wrap."

Winner for reply of the day ??
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Because the vast majority of AR owners have bought enough to last a lifetime already.
View Quote

Not me
Bought some pmags during the freedom weeks, but not enough.. maybe have 20 and 10 Glock mags
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Good point.

Its often about restricting others after the power hungry have already 'got theirs'. Its the only way they know how to keep an advantage.
View Quote

if feinsteins ban passed / looked to pass.. the day before it went into law i would IMMEDIATELY " gift ", each kid and grandkid a ar15 rifle with 20  thirty round mags,  glock 19 pistol, with 10 fifteen round mags, and various other shit so they would be " grandfathered, as owning them on the implementation date .
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

while that sounds cute and funny.

more likely it will be more like russians on youtube digging up rusted weapons from WWII... except these will be know to be leftovers from americas dark age of violence and civil conflict / communist war against the citizens of the greatest country to ever exist, where millions perished fighting for freedom.. the size of the crash from most free country on earth into brutal communist rule will have no comparison to anything history has ever before seen IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought 20.

Will probably buy 20 more here next month.

Kinda want to get to the 300 mag point.  I think I’m at 150 now.

Next I have to stomach buying a few more mags for my m82a1.

I have 2. Sorta want 3 to 5.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i wonder why?

if its illegal, its fucking as illegal to own 1000 mags buried in a pickle barrel as it will be to own a 3d printer and files for weapons, much less printing them out into usable mags..  3d printers will be banned next, and everything involved with them heavily regulated as well.. they wont miss that " loophole", and just like drones, they will regulate them to death or outright ban them. also.. fuck 3d printing anything , especially 20 years from now.. i wont have time for that shit, instead of wasting the cash on a 3d printer and questionable quality home built shit,  just buy the better quality, high grade  shit ( weapons, ammo, spare parts, mags, etc ) cheaply today in bulk  and store it for future uses.  bcg's were $50 bucks a year ago, police trade in glock 17's $300 bucks, 1000 rds of 5.56mm $250 bucks.. aluminum mags $6.00...

fuck, why make shit fucking complicated like this?  just fucking plan ahead!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I bought 20.

View Quote

They're what - $100 or so each? How can you not justify a few hundred bucks for your $8000 rifle and however much you spent on the scope? The mags are cheap.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I bought 20.

View Quote

if you already have 150 ar mags, id buy the 50 bmg mags now...  as 50 bmg is at the top of the dems ban list. second would be pistol mags, with ar mags last..

in regards to ar15 mags, they are LITERALLY the easiest magazine in the usa to obtain, easy to get even during bans or panics.  you can EASILY score mags by the case at $10 bucks each at anytime you want if you put adds up in military towns, iv seen it done during the clinton mag ban all the time, and by a few buddies even during the height of the sandy hook panic, they were hauling home case after case of new unopened mags, new loose mags, lightly used mags, etc.. everyone and their brother has mags in military towns, every flea market, pawn shop, yard sale and closet has them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:19:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

if its illegal, its fucking as illegal to own 1000 mags buried in a pickle barrel as it will be to own a 3d printer and files for weapons..  3d printers will be banned next, and everything involved with them heavily regulated as well.. they wont miss that " loophole", and just like drones, they will regulate them to death or outright ban them. also.. fuck 3d printing anything , especially 20 years from now.. i wont have time for that shit, instead of wasting the cash on a 3d printer and questionable quality home built shit,  just buy the better quality, high grade  shit ( weapons, ammo, spare parts, mags, etc ) cheaply today in bulk  and store it for future uses.  bcg's were $50 bucks a year ago, police trade in glock 17's $300 bucks, 1000 rds of 5.56mm $250 bucks.. aluminum mags $6.00...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/caching_jpg-1788190.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i wonder why?

if its illegal, its fucking as illegal to own 1000 mags buried in a pickle barrel as it will be to own a 3d printer and files for weapons..  3d printers will be banned next, and everything involved with them heavily regulated as well.. they wont miss that " loophole", and just like drones, they will regulate them to death or outright ban them. also.. fuck 3d printing anything , especially 20 years from now.. i wont have time for that shit, instead of wasting the cash on a 3d printer and questionable quality home built shit,  just buy the better quality, high grade  shit ( weapons, ammo, spare parts, mags, etc ) cheaply today in bulk  and store it for future uses.  bcg's were $50 bucks a year ago, police trade in glock 17's $300 bucks, 1000 rds of 5.56mm $250 bucks.. aluminum mags $6.00...

You're on arfcom.

Do both. Learn how to use a 3D printer and own one - and supplies. Learn how to make springs and own plenty of music wire.

Also have a mountain of mags. They're cheap and available same as spare parts - for now.

"Get both!"
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They're what - $100 or so each? How can you not justify a few hundred bucks for your $8000 rifle and however much you spent on the scope? The mags are cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought 20.

about $200+ each actually.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#26]
140 made up of 3 gens and two colors of PMAG, 30 aluminum with Magpul followers, and two gens of Lancer.  Exactly 1 10 round AR mag.

These days, putting ammo in them is the problem for most.  Less ammo available means they will last longer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You're on arfcom.

Do both. Learn how to use a 3D printer and own one - and supplies. Learn how to make springs and own plenty of music wire.

Also have a mountain of mags. They're cheap and available same as spare parts - for now.

"Get both!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i wonder why?

You're on arfcom.

"Get both!"

true... while i dont really care about 3d printers, i REALLY want to get a mini mill and a mini lathe for various projects.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I already own like five p mags and they all work fine.

Plus, mags are made for holding ammo. If you cannot buy ammo to fill the ones you have, why buy more?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Because there's nothing to put in them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I bought 20.

Kinda want to get to the 300 mag point.  I think I'm at 150 now.

View Quote
Oddly, the regular Barrett 10rd mag isn't likely to get banned.  Two seems a little light though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought 20.

First link on a search - $160. With a bit of looking around I bet he can find them closer to $100 maybe $120.

ETA: $143.75 from EuroOptic.

My point stands. A few hundred bucks worth of mags isn't worth worrying about when you're using them in a $8000 rifle!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:32:39 PM EDT
[#32]
People currently panic buying don't think they need dozens or hundred of mags.

The market is saturated and they don't need replacement often enough to eclipse supply.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

This right here.

I have so much crap piled up that I don't need....why do I need more mags?  So that when they are outlawed I can just sit and gaze at them remembering the days when they were legal?

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Because there's nothing to put in them.
View Quote

once again.... ammo will return, and you will be able to buy it locally.... however..  if they ban new mags you wont be able to walk into the local gun shop and replace lost / damaged / stolen mags, or mags for your new gun, or your kids / grandkids guns.. or to replace mags that were stolen, or confiscated via red flag / trump hate etc.. and seizures will sky rocket IMHO... and no you wont get it back even if its decided its all bullshit, they will keep the ammo, and probably the mags if they were already banned, quite possible the guns as well.  mags get banned, they instantly become valuable, and people will look to steal them, especially at ranges, out of vehicles, your house, etc. someone grabs your range bag with all your mags in it, your basically fucked instantly. you NEED to have backups stashed here and there. its not hard, fill a ammo can with mags and throw it under the house in the crawl space, probably be safe under there forever in most cases.

jeez people.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Oddly, the regular Barrett 10rd mag isn't likely to get banned.  Two seems a little light though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought 20.

Kinda want to get to the 300 mag point.  I think I'm at 150 now.

barrett 50 bmg rifles are on the ban list as are all parts / mags for them.  pay attention.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

First link on a search - $160. With a bit of looking around I bet he can find them closer to $100 maybe $120.

My point stands. A few hundred bucks worth of mags isn't worth worrying about when you're using them in a $8000 rifle!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought 20.

true
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ammo that was widely available and cheap for YEARS.

At least, that’s what the ants will fill them with.

The grasshoppers...not so much.

ETA: In 2019 I remember getting, like, two marketing emails per week from SG Ammo. Each email started with something like this: “Folks, ammo is now widely available and the cheapest it has been in years! You had better stock up because we can promise you this will not last. We’ve ‘been there, done that’. Buy it now or regret not buying it later.”  

In other words...it’s not as if people weren’t warned. But just as we saw with toilet paper last March - and are seeing with ammo now - a majority of Americans simply aren’t prepared for the proverbial lights to go out tomorrow

I’m honestly not sure what you’re arguing/trying to say. Although it sounds like a straw man argument in any regard because in that post I didn’t say a word about magazines
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Most people have 30-40 magazines for each gun they own and thats more than enough.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Gen X'ers who lived through the 1990's were ready for this.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Because we have what we need.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Those who understand are already tripping over bins of magazines whenever they walk around.
Those who don't, don't have any ammo to put in them, and wouldn't realize the need for anything beyond what came with the firearm at time of purchase.
They're too busy trying to find brass case anything for less than $1.00 to see what's next, and when they figure that out, it'll already be too late.
Thanks to DJT for giving us a little more time to prepare.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The people that know, already have mags.

The newbies haven't seen the flag go up yet.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This, and they're easy as shit to make. A magazine is essentially just a small plastic or metal box with a spring and another piece of plastic inside. The manufacturers all ramped up capacity in 2013 and can keep cranking them out by the truckload. Ammo is a lot more complicated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, and they're easy as shit to make. A magazine is essentially just a small plastic or metal box with a spring and another piece of plastic inside. The manufacturers all ramped up capacity in 2013 and can keep cranking them out by the truckload. Ammo is a lot more complicated.

Plus no regulated materials. Anyone with a decent injection molding machine can cut dies and make a magazine. If you picked up a used camdex today you'd still need 4 suppliers for powder, primers, brass, bullets. Magazine is just plastic pellets and a spring.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm anxiously awaiting the next freak out so I can cash out my stash of $75+ pmags.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bingo......

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

The last thing I need is more mags. Literally bottom of the list.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Those who understand are already tripping over bins of magazines whenever they walk around.
Those who don't, don't have any ammo to put in them, and wouldn't realize the need for anything beyond what came with the firearm at time of purchase.
They're too busy trying to find brass case anything for less than $1.00 to see what's next, and when they figure that out, it'll already be too late.
Thanks to DJT for giving us a little more time to prepare.
View Quote

this is similar to the machine gun deal.. people back in the day had the opportunity to buy them cheap and easy and didnt..  and down the road their kids wished to hell dad had sacrificed a few dinners out with the family and bought a m16 / mac 10 as now they cost as much as a new 4x4 truck...many guys here wished to hell their own dad had done such a thing, as now they would be sitting pretty with a machine gun.. but that ship has sailed.  but down the road the exact same thing can happen again in regards to magazines, guns, etc, with normal shit like ar-15's, 30 rd mags, glock mags etc. if they take advantage of it, they can have their kids / grandkids sitting pretty.

when they walk into a gun shop a few years from now to buy themselves or their kid / grandkid their first self defense gun, and their new glock comes with only a 10 rd mag, and any high cap mags you find for sale in ftf deals are $150 bucks each... and their kid / grandkid gasps when you said those used to cost $10-$20 bucks a few years ago. " why didnt you buy more when you could dad?  you should have loaded up !

yeah, its too late then, and they will be kicking themselves for the rest of their lives when remembering all those cheap and plentiful  $20 buck glock mags, $7,99 aluminum mags they passed over and when warned years earlier, giggled in response " what ammo would i put in them? "  
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Most people have 3-4 magazines for each gun they own and thats more than enough.

View Quote

I'd like to say that I have ten mags for every gun.....  I don't.....   But I have dozens of AK and AR mags....  To the degree that I kinda started collecting AK mags from different countries....    When you do that, you have more AK mags than you actually need.....  

Now ammo, that is different...

Even still, without shooting, I have enough ammo to, in a literal sense, get through a war.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#50]
After Sandy Hook, 30rd pmags were selling like hotcakes for $40 each

But I never had a hard time finding ammo during that time.  5.56 went from .25cpr to .50cpr, but it was still plentiful and easy to find.  9mm was still everywhere for $8-$9 for a 50rd box.  .22lr was the only thing that was *hard* to find, and it was only hard because I never wanted to pay more than regular Walmart price.  It was still available from the neckbeards for 2x regular Walmart price.

This year's ammo unavailability is something entirely new
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top