Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey OP, they’re not.  I was at PSA Monday.  They usually have 3-55 gallon drums in the check out line full of P Mags at $10 ea.  None, zero, nada in the store.  I had to mail order them off their website.  Will be here today.   But they did have HK MP5 mags and GLock 17 gen 5 mags.  Grabbed one of each.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.   There are probably more than a billion AR mags out there now.

There will be an archeologist 10,000 years from now digging up Pmag after Pmag and thinking "What the fuck are all these things for?  Most are still in this plastic wrap."
View Quote

I LOL'ED at this..
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#3]
It's good to have a few extra mags stored away.  I have a couple dedicated just for shooting,  3 for carry (function check one in a while), 3 for storage.

My 1911 mags seemed to go to shit or break.  Glock, Beretta,  and Hk never had a problem long term with them, but I don't do mag dumps on concrete or gravel.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The ammo that was widely available and cheap for YEARS.

At least, that’s what the ants will fill them with.

The grasshoppers...not so much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are people supposed to fill them with?

The ammo that was widely available and cheap for YEARS.

At least, that’s what the ants will fill them with.

The grasshoppers...not so much.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Most people don’t stock up on them. I didn’t until I found this place. We used a single ruger 10/22 mag my entire life squirrel hunting. My stepdad still uses it. We shout more rounds then I could count. In my youth 1 is enough 2 is pure convenience. Now of course I have 18 mags per rifle and 10 per handgun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#6]
MSM isn’t talking about banning them yet
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

You should always be ready to rebuild your own magazines.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Because the vast majority of AR owners have bought enough to last a lifetime already.
View Quote

This. Anyone who was worried already had mags stacked deep. Most "new owners" I have been talking to only keep a few on hand. Had a buddy get his first gun and it was hard to convince him he needed more than the 2x mags it came with. I think he settled on 1x more lol.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Most people live outside of this bubble and don't feel the need to spend money on hundreds of mags and ammo forts.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Do you believe the run of the mill AR owner trains regularly?
View Quote

This.

In my experience the casual gun owner thinks 2-4 magazines (basically what comes with the gun when you buy it) is enough.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Most people have 3-4 magazines for each gun they own and thats more than enough.

I understand why they are sitting on the shelves
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Most people have 3-4 magazines for each gun they own and thats more than enough.

Quoted:
The people that know, already have mags.

The newbies haven't seen the flag go up yet.

This.

The mag panic has started yet but will.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#12]
wait two weeks.

what good are 200 pmags when the ammo to fill them costs a year or two of house payments?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Nothing to put in them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And the new AR owners think one is enough!
View Quote

Quote from my coworker this morning.  But he just bought a suppressor and wants a PC
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#15]
OP, try finding Aluminum magazines.  I wanted to order five to ten more "just because I can" and I probably visited a dozen sites before I found any in stock.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Asked my buddy a few weeks ago.

Me: Hey, you stocked up on mags? Gonna get crazy.
Him: I’m good, I’ve got 5 or 6 already.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#17]
I found that interesting as well.

At the local sportsman's warehouse this weakened, everything was gone, guns, ammo, etc.  But there was still a huge amount of PMAG's.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OP, try finding Aluminum magazines.  I wanted to order five to ten more "just because I can" and I probably visited a dozen sites before I found any in stock.
View Quote

Do you even PSA bro? They have D&H for days.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's where I finally got them.

I know Primary Arms' inventory is up and down like a roller coaster, so they could have gotten some more by now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I will buy all the cases at $999.....send links!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#22]
I have enough.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This.

You don't consume magazines.
View Quote

I just throw them away when empty.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Mags are the good deal in guns right now. I think people are still trying to buy guns and ammo. Some people still think you only need a few rounds and extra magazines are not really required. This is of course not the case and people should stack them deep.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Some of us upgraded to Lancers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Because the vast majority of AR owners have bought enough to last a lifetime already.
View Quote

Ive added mags to a shopping cart multiple times in the last few weeks and ever time Ive stop myself as I still have stacks of them in their original plastic.

I literally use the same 3 mags every time I go to the range and have been for 12 years. Unless you are throwing them onto concrete as hard as you can I dont know if it makes sense to really be stacking mags hundreds deep.

I think a lot of people assume that the next AWB will be like the last were it was just a manufacturing ban. But if you look at what is being proposed they plan to treat any 10 round mag as if it were an firearm and require it to be registered with the ATF and pay $200. And there is no word on if they will even be transferable or not, if not they will literally have no dollar value.

For the avg joe gun owner I would save a dozen mags for each firearm is more than sufficient and will last a life time, if you shoot a lot or want to bury some in the back yard maybe 2 dozen.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I count my Magazines by totes after the Sandy Hook days.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Does it matter if you have no ammo to put in them ? I also sold all of mine I don’t want to pay a $200 tax per mag......
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What good are mags with no ammo to put in them?
View Quote

If you ask the right question, you get the right answer.  That is the right question.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

Arriving today. Hopefully these GO mags are GTG?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. occasionally, I'll go get ready to buy a few more, then realize I probably have over a 100.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Or is this short lived?
View Quote

Dunno, is PSA asking $99 per mag like Cheaper Than Dirt? Or is their shipping rate outrageous as always.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I have heard people say they have 10 mags and are good. Then you find out the idiots have 8 ARs and 10 mags total between them.
Get 25 mags for each AR.
Or 87 if you are a true disciple.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
And yet once news of a proposed federal ban on “high capacity” magazines starts making the rounds, they’ll be gone in 3 days
View Quote

This!

As soon as anything is uddered by this new administration about banning "large capacity" magazines,  poof. Watch what happens.

It will be impressive.

Then will come all the "where did all the magazines go" threads.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I have 20 mags per lower at this point.

25 or 30 would be better, but if that's where I end up, then so be it.

Gen 2s are $12.30 with free shipping on 5+ at PSA. D&H mags are up to $11 or so at PSA.

Locally I can grab Gen 2s for $12.99 at Cabela's, or the local shop down the road has Gen 3s for a buck more.

I'll probably start loading up on more Gen 3s and GI style mags 1 or 2 at a time until the prices start running up.

Once that happens I'll start loading up springs and followers to keep the ones I have running as long as possible.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Another $200/mag?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This. occasionally, I'll go get ready to buy a few more, then realize I probably have over a 100.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did a mag count last night; something I had been planning on doing for months simply because it’s been years since I last took inventory.

My big surprise? Apparently I’m sitting on about $5,000 worth of AK-74 magazines! All those minty Russian Plums and East German Bakelites I bought for under $10/each back between 2003 - 2006 are now...not under $10 anymore. The Russian Plums look new and most are still in the sealed plastic bag. I looked up the price and holy cow...people are now paying $60-$80/each for these “M”-marked Russian mags in excellent condition. Almost the same for the EG Bakelites, too.

Buying the right “gun stuff” can be a good investment!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#38]
No need to buy magazines if there is no ammo to put in them
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What good are mags with no ammo to put in them?
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Most people live outside of this bubble and don't feel the need to spend money on hundreds of mags and ammo forts.
View Quote

Yup.

To most normal people its like telling them "You need to buy enough tv's to last the rest of your life right now. Today."

I'm guilty of buying more shit than I'll ever use because I lived through Brady. I can see it both ways.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Prices have already been creeping up and availability for certain kinds getting spottier at the online retailers. Just wait till something sets off a panic - with mags being the only thing still in stock at reasonable-ish prices, we'll be off to the races.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If you train regularly, 10 mags will not last 50 years.
View Quote

Neither will most people.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No need to buy magazines if there is no ammo to put in them
View Quote

If only someone had once invented a phrase and then encouraged people to “Buy it cheap and stack it deep.”
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Even though I've got plenty, I plan to buy more right up until the time I can't.  I may only buy five or so at a time, but it has nothing to do with "need" or "didn't buy during the salad days."  It's about running out the clock and procuring right up until the end.

If FJB and the Gun Ban gang don't get anything done by summer I might slow down, but until then:  BANZAI!

Remember:  This ban will probably be forever.  BUY YOUR STUFF NOW.  Even if you think you don't need it  you can always sell it later.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#47]
They are injected molded plastic that has been vastly over-produced for over a decade.  Everyone and their brother hoarded magazines, in part due to the lessons of the '94 AWB.  So in a world where you really need 3 or 4 mags per gun and you're set for life, people have dozens.  Some people have hundreds of magazines.  It's a market so over-saturated and over-produced, I'm not super alarmed to see that they are still available.

That said, in today's climate, I sort of expected people with cases of hundreds of magazines, to just keep going and buy cases more.  I guess most people who over-stock magazines, finally realize they have more magazines than ammunition to actually fill them now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
because despite the blah blah i lived through the first AWB bullshit from boomers that first go around, magazines dont get lost or broken anywhere NEAR as much as the fudds say they do.

10 PMAGs will last your run of the mill AR owner 50 fuckin years.

That's why he said run of the mill.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This.   There are probably more than a billion AR mags out there now.

There will be an archeologist 10,000 years from now digging up Pmag after Pmag and thinking "What the fuck are all these things for?  Most are still in this plastic wrap."
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I've picked up another 10 pack off PSA but I figure 30 will last me.  Not much to put in them these days in any event.
View Quote

You guys with 30 make willy feel like a pimp!

It's not about you, it's about the war with the machines.  Imma go buy 10 more.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top