BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There isn't. If you have the money, set it in a separate account with an automatic withdrawal, and forget about it. If you suddenly need that money for an emergency, you have it. If not, it sits, automatically pays off your car, and builds your credit.

The only real reason I could think of is that if you're willing to buy it outright, you might get a better deal.
View Quote

Only if that separate account is a brokerage account.

Finance is always about alternatives. Paying 0% while earning 0% is pointless. Paying 0% while leaving that money invested to earn makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes, postpone all purchases until 2024. Of course inflation may have driven the price up 4x by then.

Come on man! Resist! Save!
View Quote
When I scroll by your avatar too fast, I keep thinking I'm seeing @hk45user

Damn imposters.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, in 4 years, a dollar now may be worth $.38 then.  So, there's that.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Because it's a scam....
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No reason not to unless you're forgoing other significant incentives to obtain the 0% rate.
View Quote

This.  Example would be to take cash back/lower price and quickly pay it off instead of a 0% loan.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I passed on 0% to get $5500 in rebates/ discounts.
I took 3% instead on $5500 less borrowed.

I couldn't pay cash
And wouldn't if i could.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top