BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:44:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess I'll be that asshole.  This was someone's kid., I fail to see any humor in a young girl dying.

RIP kid.
View Quote

Me too Hoss.
As far as we know, smart enough to finish college and get into a grad program.

I hope no one in her family is a member here. If she had been trying to beat the system I could understand the chuckles.

Imagine the uproar if someone called "Darwin" on anyone dumb enough to illegally enter a federal government building with a mob, climb thru a broken window, and got shot in the neck for her troubles?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:23:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Sweet Jesus, that poor child.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Darwinning usu. refers to dumb fucks acting dumb. This is more of a shorted OODA loop situation.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is Darwinish but I don't believe it's far fetched that it couldn't have happened to many others attempting the same thing. Kind of just some terrible luck.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Absolutely terrible.  I sent my daughter a link to this article
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:53:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That is Darwinish but I don't believe it's far fetched that it couldn't have happened to many others attempting the same thing. Kind of just some terrible luck.
View Quote
This. People do that shit all the time - parking garages, drive up ATMs, mail boxes.
They try to open the door and do things without putting the car in park.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Me too Hoss.

I hope no one in her family is a member here. If she had been trying to beat the system I could understand the chuckles.

Imagine the uproar if someone called "Darwin" on anyone dumb enough to illegally enter a federal government building with a mob, climb thru a broken window, and got shot in the neck for her troubles?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I'll be that asshole.  This was someone's kid., I fail to see any humor in a young girl dying.

RIP kid.

Me too Hoss.

Yeah, granted she was probably a young lib, but sorry, I can't laugh at this one, fellas.

C'mon guys.  We are better than this.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#9]
That’s not really a Darwin Award though.  Only thing she did wrong was try to toe-brake instead of putting the car in park.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#10]
That is some straight up final destination scenario.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#11]
It be like that sometimes
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Personally, I wouldn't ever open my door or try to exit (partially or completely) my vehicle without putting it in park first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally, I wouldn't ever open my door or try to exit (partially or completely) my vehicle without putting it in park first.

Well, it's probably physically impossible for you - you're probably large.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Common sense would say so. But people get flustered when things don't go they way they expect. Breaks routine and maybe a simple step (like park) gets skipped.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#14]
that is pretty fucked up
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#15]
damn that sucks....but I am not surprised. Most people are so comfortable around cars they forget that it's weight two tons and can kill you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Should have put the car in park.
Oh well.
Next
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Earlier this summer I was mowing around one of my apple trees on my zero turn...Done this thousands of times, however for some odd reason this time, when I ducked to miss a huge low hanging branch, and leaned slightly to the left, must have pushed the left handle back just enough that the zero turn actually spun me into the tree, and pinned my neck to my shoulder on the low hanging branch making what sounded like a 4-5 .22 shots going off.. Scared the fuck out of me... My neck was stiff for a few weeks, but she's all good now.. To be fair, These trees are at the back of my property, so I average about 2-3 beers per acre when mowing, so I was the better part of a 12 pack deep when this happened.. Now I just do all the trees, and obstacles first, and than start to drink my beers and make pretty lines...
View Quote

yeah that sounds brilliant
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Pinch points and rotating machinery are insidious.  They injure and kill experienced workmen as well, you often don’t get a second chance.  Lock out, tag out, put it in park, turn it off, relieve hydraulic pressure, use a stick instead of your hand - always take that extra step to be safe.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh my god! Hiw can you monstets laugh?
That PRETTY girl died.
That PRETTY girl was someone's daughter!
Do you think the PRETTY girls body is still warm?

Life is fragile and the simplest mistake can get you killed. Laughing about it is one way to cope with that reality.

Even you boring Office workers face the potential for death every day.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Pinch points and rotating machinery are insidious.  They injure and kill experienced workmen as well, you often don’t get a second chance.  Lock out, tag out, put it in park, turn it off, relieve hydraulic pressure, use a stick instead of your hand - always take that extra step to be safe.
View Quote

I've yelled at many guys for putting themselves in stupid spots... I've also put myself in a bad spot once or twice
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope to be 500 lbs by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Oh my god! Hiw can you monstets laugh?
That PRETTY girl died.
That PRETTY girl was someone's daughter!
Do you think the PRETTY girls body is still warm?

Life is fragile and the simplest mistake can get you killed. Laughing about it is one way to cope with that reality.

View Quote

Fatties and uglies don't have families. Duh.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Well played, sir. That was some great Kids in the Hall
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I personally know the family. The dad died from cancer a few years ago. The girl that died is an Ohio native that moved to Florida for undergrad, then came back for a grad degree from Ohio State, just like her father. Nice people, this is terrible. And doom on you fuckers laughing about it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Salvatore Ganacci - Horse (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#26]
May she rest in peace. Prayers sent
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
https://amp.dispatch.com/amp/4210482001?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&__twitter_impression=true

According to police, the incident was captured on security cameras in the garage and happened around 11:30 p.m. Monday.

The video showed Strauss dropping her credit card while attempting to pay for her parking as she was leaving the garage. Strauss is seen on the video reaching down to pick up the credit card and apparently accidentally stepping on the accelerator in her vehicle.

The vehicle moved forward, causing her head to become trapped between the car and the toll booth.

Strauss was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.

According to records, Strauss is a native of Florida and was a graduate student at THE Ohio State, studying social work.
View Quote

Victim:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/269116/1_JPG-1786828.JPG
View Quote

Corrected so no one from tOSU is triggered.

Sad story, tho.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Could have been something as simple as her foot coming off the brake and the car idling forward.  She never would have even needed to press on the accelerator.

Nobody on Arfcom has ever had their car move forward unintentionally.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
damn that sucks....but I am not surprised. Most people are so comfortable around cars they forget that it's weight two tons and can kill you.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

??? Stop for any reason: left foot -clutch in, shift to neutral, Right foot - brake

For you haters: It is called Black Humor and it helps cope with death an our own mortality.  That is why in the Army we just to joke about:
Friend got hit with napalm bomb - gonna burn all night, gonna burn all day....
If I die on the old drop zone.......
If I die on the Russian front, burry me in a Russian cunt....
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I personally know the family. The dad died from cancer a few years ago. The girl that died is an Ohio native that moved to Florida for undergrad, then came back for a grad degree from Ohio State, just like her father. Nice people, this is terrible. And doom on you fuckers laughing about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope no one in her family is a member here.

Mike, you can ask the mods to lock the thread. I've read here in the past they will not allow these types of mocking threads if the victim is close to or known to someone here.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
very true
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

??? Stop for any reason: left foot -clutch in, shift to neutral, Right foot - brake

View Quote

You think that girl didn't know that too? Do you really think that makes you look smart to point that out? I mean, I ain't that sensitive to people making edgy posts or anything but people are acting like they've never put themselves in a stupid situation where the end result could have been the same. Most of us are lucky as hell to have made it to adulthood.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:07:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On newer vehicles it sometimes does this automatically, tried to back up my truck once with the door open and it slammed on the brakes and put it in park.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#36]
The girl who passed was a young girl who was a trainer at Orange Theory and was loved by all, the humor in this post is disgusting and i hope those of you who poke fun at her horrible death look in the mirror and really think about what youre saying.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:46:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
One should always use their head when they get into a tight spot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Bunch of crass slack jawed mother fuckers on here, what if that was your daughter ? wouldn't be so fucking funny then would it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:54:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The girl who passed was a young girl who was a trainer at Orange Theory and was loved by all, the humor in this post is disgusting and i hope those of you who poke fun at her horrible death look in the mirror and really think about what youre saying.
View Quote

Absolutely.. all of you that made fun of the poor girls death should be banned !  
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:56:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Ohio State plus Florida? The chick never had a chance.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#41]
The grim reaper wanted her that day.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Absolutely.. all of you that made fun of the poor girls death should be banned !  
View Quote

You know where the "report" button is. Or did you just want to vent?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Because some people are assholes?

That was someone's daughter, and some of the jackasses here are hee hawing over it.

I almost ran over myself once.

Jumped out of the truck to open a gate, and I forgot to put it in park, I turned around right before my own truck hit me in slow motion.

Even smart people can get careless, forgetful... or do stupid stuff, especially when in a hurry.

My truck could have killed me easily.

I was a 2 seconds from getting hit/run over/pinned/dragged (gods knows what could have happened).

I was able to jump out of the way and put the truck in park.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is this funny??

Because some people are assholes?

That was someone's daughter, and some of the jackasses here are hee hawing over it.

I almost ran over myself once.

Jumped out of the truck to open a gate, and I forgot to put it in park, I turned around right before my own truck hit me in slow motion.

Even smart people can get careless, forgetful... or do stupid stuff, especially when in a hurry.

My truck could have killed me easily.

I was a 2 seconds from getting hit/run over/pinned/dragged (gods knows what could have happened).

I was able to jump out of the way and put the truck in park.

I wish I had a dollar for every "smart" female who I stopped -

With seat belt under armpit instead of over shoulder because reasons.
With stilletto heels and barely able to operate foot pedals.
With no shoes at all and ploughed into another car because they were unable to apply enough brake pedal pressure.
Who was meandering across lanes while applying makeup.
Who had their pocket sized dog on their lap while driving.

I wish I had 2 dollars for each one who completely refused to accept a verbal warning, insisted on a court case.........and losing.

Sad story. Not funny IMHO - though there is a school of thought that humour can be found anywhere and if you find it funny, I am not going to judge.

In a previous career, we had a saying " If you did not laugh, you would spend a lot of time crying".

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Sad story.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#45]
That sucks.

I had a somewhat similar experience.

Parked my car on a hill (facing uphill). My hands were full but I managed to get the door open and went to kinda flop down into the seat.

Shut my damn head in the door. Hurt like a bitch. I felt pretty dumb but freak shit happens all the time.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Damn, that sucks.

It's a shame about these people laughing at this young women.

We all know that the same people laughing about this accident will be posting fundraiser threads about their aunt's dog that has allergic rhinitis and how they could really use some "prayers" right now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#47]
That's awful.  Terrible for that young lady and family.

I've had some close calls myself. It only takes a small mistake before it's over, things you do over and over are always the most dangerous, because you get complacent.

Almost dropped a car on myself from an overhead lift, got the throttle pinned by a rope parking a 400hp jet ski, and many more.

You don't have to be an idiot to have an accident.  They happen every day in every career field and all walks of life.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Earlier this summer I was mowing around one of my apple trees on my zero turn...Done this thousands of times, however for some odd reason this time, when I ducked to miss a huge low hanging branch, and leaned slightly to the left, must have pushed the left handle back just enough that the zero turn actually spun me into the tree, and pinned my neck to my shoulder on the low hanging branch making what sounded like a 4-5 .22 shots going off.. Scared the fuck out of me... My neck was stiff for a few weeks, but she's all good now.. To be fair, These trees are at the back of my property, so I average about 2-3 beers per acre when mowing, so I was the better part of a 12 pack deep when this happened.. Now I just do all the trees, and obstacles first, and than start to drink my beers and make pretty lines...
View Quote

Damn.
Good operational plan change.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#49]
There but for the grace of God go I. My daughter is 23.
RIP young lady.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not bad looking.

I've dropped my card and been pissed enough to crash over the toll booth. If I took off my own head because of that I would be even more pissed.
View Quote

Not as pissed as your pants.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top