Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:16:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's limp dick shit to me. So are most of the African safari hunts. I hunt hard every year, but for things that are already overpopulated and that I'm going to eat. I love hunting, but I hate killing for sport.
View Quote

Hunt hard...in Wisconsin?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:16:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This. Not opposed to it but could hunt a lot of cape’s for the price of one ele. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123343/A2B2EC52-33BC-4BDC-A4C1-C06A54FB805F-1055154.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sooner do the Cape Buffalo.

This. Not opposed to it but could hunt a lot of cape’s for the price of one ele. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123343/A2B2EC52-33BC-4BDC-A4C1-C06A54FB805F-1055154.jpg

Mighty fine
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:17:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Hunt hard...in Wisconsin?
View Quote
hey now. Sitting in a tree stand browsing the internet all day is hard!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:22:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope,

I no longer hunt because I just lost interest in that and many other things after so many animals and many many years.   It got to where I'd take friends and I'd read a book while I let them hunt based on my instructions, then teach them to field dress the animal, process the meat, etc..  then I got tired of taking friends.

But an elephant, dog, or orangutan nope.
To me elephants are like dogs to me.  I guess having been around them enough I couldn't see ever killing one except to put it out of its misery.

any type of cat (including domestic) or any other animal that isn't truly endangered is fair game in my book.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:23:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't want any part of this!

My last elephant hunting safari was TOTAL disaster.

I never thought the zoo keepers would be there after dark!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:21:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Would love it.
But only if I could bring home the ivory.

I have looked for mammoth tusks but no luck.
Need to get with coastal relatives and friends to hunt walrus.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:25:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Would love it.

View Quote

It's easier than that.  Just hit up your local walmart on a saturday afternoon and you'll be able to harpoon all the walrus and blubber you want.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:29:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
hey now. Sitting in a tree stand browsing the internet all day is hard!
View Quote

I don't use tree strands and I hunt out west every year. I hunt river bottoms, spot and stalk. I've taken many mule deer in Colorado that were a long way and a couple of creek crossings from the road. I do hunt hard, sorry ladies.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:30:03 AM EDT
[#9]
It would be like shooting the neighbor’s golden retriever. And it would never all fit in my freezer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:30:43 AM EDT
[#10]
If you would do it to control the population, why not shoot cow elephants? That would do more to reduce the population than killing a bull.
If you want to help reduce animals that are overpopulated and doing damage, why not hunt hogs here in the US? or nutria or coyotes or snow geese or help the state of FL clean up all those pythons, or prairie dogs - those fuckers carry and spread the Bubonic Plague?
If you want a challenging hunt, try a canoe hunt for a hippo - they kill more people than all the other big animals. If I recall, Columbia has a problem population of them.
I feel sad for anyone who would feel better about themselves for shooting an elephant.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:31:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Easily the most ignorant, limp dick statement I will read this month and with the Biden inauguration coming, that says a lot.
If you don’t know anything about the subject just STFU.
View Quote

1) Take an ativan and sit down for a moment. Take some deep breaths.
2) What don't I know about the subject? Specifically, what makes me "ignorant"?
3) If you like killing shit just for the fun of killing shit, just say so. I don't. I kill shit to eat it or if it's fucking my property up.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:33:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm not a fan of hurting/killing intelligent animals. It isn't for me.

I am aware of how much money goes into conservation, but I couldn't pull the trigger.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:44:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
so you'll kill beneficial animals all day but won't shoot a highly destructive and dangerous animal?
View Quote

I thought you said no whiny bitches?  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:51:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's easier than that.  Just hit up your local walmart on a saturday afternoon and you'll be able to harpoon all the walrus and blubber you want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would love it.

Nearest Walmart is 400 air miles from me.

Walrus and seals are wild game I have not caught yet.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I’ve hunted elephants.

It’s an incredible experience.

I’ve killed 18. Five bulls and 13 tuskless cows.

Tuskless cow hunting can be very dangerous, more so than bull hunting.

I’ve also hunted Cape buffalo, lion, leopard and stalked within 30 yards of black rhino, which are illegal to hunt (with a few very rare and expensive exceptions.)

I’ve killed four cape buffalo but never had the opportunity for the right lion or leopard.

Buffalo hunting is fun, but nowhere near as exciting or dangerous as elephant hunting.

ETA: Cow elephant eat pretty good. Similar to grass fed beef. Bulls taste musty, but they’re edible.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I used to think I wanted to but not anymore.  

Seems like alot of stress.  

I'd rather stay in NA, drive around, fish and hunt small game & birds. Maybe a pig or two.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:46:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm not going to say I hope an elephant sticks both tusks, simultaneously btw, up your ass and out your mouth then jumps on your head, but I'm not going to not say it either. Man up, then join the military. You'll fit right in.
View Quote

I’d say I always wondered why or how most of these kill for fun type of guys manage to stay away from the 2 way firing ranges around the world the way they do, but then I already know the answer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I can't imagine a bigger rush, it's a bucket list hunt that I'll likely never get to do.

If you're going to be a whinny bitch about shooting Elephants than leave now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdxMTB5NHH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDCsv6aZywQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jtNyTk5NZg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9EW4dmzOjw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWya0K-KIMI

View Quote

So you ask if we want to hunt elephants and if we say no we are whiny little bitches?   Why bother asking the question?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#19]
That would be one hell of a rush, not something I would want to do.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:49:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Elephants, big cats, giraffes, and zebras hold no appeal to me, but Cape Buffalo is on my bucket list.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That's limp dick shit to me. So are most of the African safari hunts. I hunt hard every year, but for things that are already overpopulated and that I'm going to eat. I love hunting, but I hate killing for sport.
View Quote

You need your own Outdoor Channel Show:

Tracks Across Wisconsin

E1S1:  Natty Light, Public Land and Deer Camp....Hunting Hard in the Kickapoo.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
... sport hunting is the only reason these animals still  exist in the wild.
View Quote

I don't understand this.
Not being a smart ass; I actually don't know why hunting helps population.
How does that work?

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#23]
There is no part of me that would take any joy in shooting an elephant.

I spent 3.5 months hiking all over E. Africa and to me, they're far more interesting to watch doing their thing in the African plains than laying dead for a photo
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It would be like shooting the neighbor’s golden retriever. And it would never all fit in my freezer.
View Quote

Unless you live in an RV or hotel room, your freezer should fit a golden retriever
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't understand this.
How does that work?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand this.
How does that work?

The permits to hunt that game go towards the conservation of the larger populations.

Then again, it is Africa, so that theory is as valid as their governments integrity.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't understand this.
How does that work?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand this.
How does that work?

Hunters’ $ paying for anti-poaching patrols is just one example.

Here in the US hunters’ $ pay for state game wardens, our version of anti-poaching patrols.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don't understand this.
How does that work?

View Quote

Because there is an economic value tied to the animal for the hunter, hunting concern and the local population.  The animal will be managed to provide the best possible outcome for all parties.  The animal’s population is strengthened and increased to a sustainable leval.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I’d have to build a warehouse to house all my African trophies if I hit the lottery. I’d have a herd of full body mount elephants with lions swarming them. I’d be the number one enemy of animal rights groups all over the world. I might even blast some baboons and have them perched on the backs of the elephants wearing life vests with AK’s posed like they were shooting the attacking lions.
View Quote

My man.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#29]
neat animal. I couldn't go uncle Jimbo on one ... Unless it had Patrick Duffy as a leg. Yes I love South Park

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#30]
No elephant ever called me a honkie.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I consider myself a fairly avid hunter. I cannot grasp the appeal of this. Seems to me its more of killing exotic animals just for the bragging rights.  To each their own tho. I understand the money goes to conservation of the species
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I’d say I always wondered why or how most of these kill for fun type of guys manage to stay away from the 2 way firing ranges around the world the way they do, but then I already know the answer.
View Quote

Man, you wasted post #20 on that.  Heads up, #25 will be hear before you know it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#33]
I would in a hart beat if I were able to afford it. I want  lion, and Umbogo too!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#35]
balls of steel.

MAN HALTS CHARGING ELEPHANT

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#36]
I'd be more interested in cape buffalo and lion.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah because vets don’t hunt.  Seriously do you think before you type.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Seems like a lot of work. I already own ivory.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
so you'll kill beneficial animals all day but won't shoot a highly destructive and dangerous animal?
View Quote

What do you live in Africa and you are an expert on the behavior of elephants?  Maybe they're pissed off because tourists like you come out to their country just to kill them for a trophy.

It's not some honorable adventurous hunt, that animal that is huge, has nowhere to hide, and you track it down riding in a truck driven by local guides.  The only thing you actually do is pull a trigger.  Go hunt wolves or wild pigs or something I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Little to no interest in killing my own elephant but I'd love to be involved in an elephant hunt-like if I was there for a Cape buffalo and the guy I was with wanted an elephant.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Things might change after Wednesday. Systemic racism and all that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
can't bring the Trophies home tho.

Things might change after Wednesday. Systemic racism and all that.

Even deer have white privilege. You can't shoot albinos in most areas.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#43]
no desire.  

now, brown bear hunting with a bow...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#44]
not cool
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

There were two people in my little bitty hometown in AR that had male baboons back in the day. I had an encounter with one and he was a huge asshole.

I walked by the owner's car to get in my Jeep and the fucking baboon was trying roll the crank window down to eat me alive. Luckily, he wasn't adept at it and I got away without having to try and not get my face eaten. Scared the shit out of me.

The old lady that owned the other baboon called Game & Fish to help her get her baby back after he ran off into the woods behind her house. That baboon jumped the officer and proceeded to whip his ass all the way back to the truck and then tore the antennas and aux lights off the truck. There was dash cam video that disappeared. That officer caught shit over that for years because he was supposedly a black belt in some kind of karate and always bragged about it.
View Quote
You know baboons can speak right? But they don't speak in front of people because they know they'll have to pay taxes if they are caught...
Re: Elephants. I grew up around them. The bulls are straight up assholes. Push trees over for no damn reason. I've seen lush areas turned into deserts in no time. If you want to hunt them, go to SA...huge over population there.
As far as high fences are concerned...good luck hunting anywhere in Africa without those. Our old 2800 acre was chopped into 5 camps and is now a game farm. The fences are there as much to keep poachers out as game in. You can hunt all day and not run into a fence. If you traverse that camp in a day, you are hiking, not hunting. It's some rough bush. Biggest problem I have with professional hunters are the ones that ride everywhere on the back of a landcruiser.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#46]
I would love to spend tens of thousands of dollars helping poor but hard working Africans support their wildlife conservation and preservation efforts but the political and social ramifications I might face from a liberal controlled media and social networking infrastructure have discouraged me from doing so.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#47]
These threads always get the PETA types riled up.  And  the “my choice of hunting is better than yours!”.

Hunting is hunting.  If it’s legal and either population control or not wanton waste, it’s all good to me.

Personally, if I had the cash, I’d be far more interested in Cape Buffalo and a host of plains game, but to each his own.  I’ve never been to Africa, so maybe if I did my thoughts would change.

I’m also not ignorant on the subject nor an idiot, so I understand that habitat loss, poaching for ivory and killing due to crop destruction are all the real threats to elephant population three days and not the tiny number of legitimate, paid for safari harvests occurring each year.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What do you live in Africa and you are an expert on the behavior of elephants?  Maybe they're pissed off because tourists like you come out to their country just to kill them for a trophy.

It's not some honorable adventurous hunt, that animal that is huge, has nowhere to hide, and you track it down riding in a truck driven by local guides.  The only thing you actually do is pull a trigger.  Go hunt wolves or wild pigs or something I don't know.
View Quote

Jesus man this is a really bad post.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I don't understand this.
How does that work?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand this.
How does that work?

Most of the proper conservation is done on private land. By paying big money for a hunt, you help keep that private enterprise running. Public game parks are a shit show with massive salaries for executive folks and government officials...workers get paid peanuts and many of them know enough to help poachers sneak in. I've cleaned up quite a number of snares in Kruger.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'd love to hunt an elephant.

If I could hunt four of the big five, I'd die a happy man.
View Quote

Hunting is the main reason the big five are still around in africa. After whitey left the contient the natives went apeshit killing everything thst moved.  Hunting places value on game, management practices ensued.  Theres more wild game now in africa than at any point in the last 70 years. Look it up.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top