BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:24:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Disney brainwashing little girls into defying their fathers and running away from home . What’s not to like !?
View Quote

Spoiler alert:

Little girls leave their fathers anyway.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:27:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
She has the best animal companion of all the Disney princesses.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/ae1facdce623ec81a971b5cc69c923dc/tumblr_on8aenuSSM1qzjnjpo1_500.gifv
View Quote

Alan Tudyk's Heihei Recording Session - #MoanaMondays
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:28:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably my favorite disney movie.  They nailed everything in that one.  Just a really well done movie and the songs are top notch.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Disney brainwashing little girls into defying their fathers and running away from home . What’s not to like !?
View Quote

A man's wife who was brutally murdered by a serial killer and his son is left physically disabled. In a twisted turn of events, his son is kidnapped and the dad has to track and chase the kidnapper thousands of miles with the help of a mentally disabled woman.

#ExplainAFilmPlotBadly
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:34:05 AM EDT
[#5]
My daughter is almost 2 1/2 and it’s her favorite movie. I think it was done very well and it’s actually very funny.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:39:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
She has the best animal companion of all the Disney princesses.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/ae1facdce623ec81a971b5cc69c923dc/tumblr_on8aenuSSM1qzjnjpo1_500.gifv
View Quote

false.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:43:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It really is a good film.

Great score and soundtrack.

No SJW messaging.  Just a girl that overcomes her circumstances to save her people while finding herself.
View Quote

Agreed. Watched at my daughter's house with my grandson.  That dipshit rooster still cracks me up, so did big fish hook dude and actually got a rush when her clan finally freed themselves and sailed again. I have to admit that the Polynesian travellers have always fascinated me. Was a badass scene, cartoon or not.

The only SJW i sensed were the omission of just how brutal folks often were and maybe a "girl power" angle, but from what i understand is that south seas women could be pretty hardcore on their own.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:46:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

i specially like the rock when he sings

true talent as actor and singer - the best, Oscar worthy - much like his performance in Baywatch
View Quote

"'Cuz Maui can do everything but float..."

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:24:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Moana has some dope music. We listen to it in the car, frequently. I'll take it over Frozen any day of the week.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:38:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Moana has some dope music. We listen to it in the car, frequently. I'll take it over Frozen any day of the week.

View Quote
Lin-Manuel Miranda did the music for it which is why it sounds a bit "rappy" and Hamilton esque.

My kids love the movie and I don't mind it either. I always wondered why the "Ocean" just didn't take the heart back to Te Fiti and avoid all of the drama but I guess that wouldn't yield $690M box office and a shit ton of merch.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:41:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Frozen 2 is about the Sami people in Finland and surrounding areas.
View Quote

Klaus did it better.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#12]
We love Moana. The Decapod song jams on the home theater.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top