Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure. I will sell anyone my m&p shield for 750 dollars right now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.  Needed to pay bills.  I’m here for the entertainment.
View Quote

Where is it?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes,getting older with no one to leave them to.
Getting ready to sell most of them.
View Quote
Yeah have not shot a match in a few years , and moved into town from the farm

Sold off the vast majority of my Glock collection this summer

Probably gonna unload most of the longguns and ammunition as well

It's just so tiresome anymore

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No but I'm thinking of packaging up a kit with rifle, mags, mag carrier and ammo to get enough to buy a thermal.

People paying these retarded prices I'm going to cash in on some of it.
View Quote

I’m still on the fence about selling some ammo .

Now if we get to the 4-5 a round for 7.62 , I’m selling everything  and paying off the house and boat
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Thinking of selling my CZ Scorpion and 5K of 9mm and 2 of my AR's
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have a Barrett .50  bolt action that hasn't seen the light of day in 8 years

I just don't know what the market is for these now, does anyone still buy these things

View Quote

Ammo is readily available for 50BMG right now.  Under $4/round which is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I sold all my guns, now I shop for whatever woke people buy.

im looking for memorabilia from the Ghostbusters remake, and I go to Starbucks twice a day for my $7 frapachino.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I sold off my collection to pay for my Joe Biden back tatoo
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ammo is readily available for 50BMG right now.  Under $4/round which is awesome.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a Barrett .50  bolt action that hasn't seen the light of day in 8 years

I just don't know what the market is for these now, does anyone still buy these things

Never thought I'd see the day where 50BMG is cheaper to shoot than .30-30!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll tell you after the 20th what I'm gonna do ...
View Quote
Waiting to see how much you have left?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m selling/sold stuff that I don’t use or don’t like since November.  Every week I average 2-3 items or batches of stuff. .Reloading stuff that I didn’t use plus a bunch of primers, powders and some ammo.  Converted it to more guns that I never would have bought because they were too pricey.  The higher end stuff was just slightly more pricey but not as drastic as the lower tiered items.   However, everything took a big jump 1-2 weeks ago making me look at my stash and see what I could possibly sell. That X95 I bought 2 months ago is now at least $2000 more based on auctions ending these last few days. It’s sad and crazy
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I’ve thought about selling everything but a couple ARs and an AK or two and a few pistols.

I’ve got a good collection of imported oddball rifles and I don’t really shoot them that often. I’ve been collecting ever since I was 18 and have never sold a gun.  Sometimes I look at my collection and just think damn that’s a big chunk of money that just sits there most of the time. It’s been really tempting seeing what many of my guns are bringing these days....
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hope I'm wrong as well ,but I believe an outright ban is looming on the horizon. No grandfathering. You own it and are caught with it then it's club fed.
View Quote

Look at all the criminals who get a slap on the wrist for gun violations. Will be no different.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#14]
If a few hundred bucks is worth it to you to sell off your bulk ammo I guess go for it..  I am debt free and can’t replace my ammo right now and probably can’t get much more for a while so I’m not selling shit! To me it’s silly to take a few hundred bucks profit for something I can’t really replace.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yes,getting older with no one to leave them to.
Getting ready to sell most of them.
View Quote

You could adopt me.  I’m pretty low maintenance as far as kids go.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm selling off guns from a friends estate for his 78 year old wife. They didn't have kids together and none of the other kids could care less about guns. She asked me to sell his collection and I agreed. I had no idea it was a 10x10 storage unit full of guns and some ammo. I wish he had done better prep for long term storage. He wrapped everything in trashbags and packing tape and put them in a non climate controlled storage unit. Luckily nothing is pitted yet, just surface rust on a few things.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If a few hundred bucks is worth it to you to sell off your bulk ammo I guess go for it..  I am debt free and can’t replace my ammo right now and probably can’t get much more for a while so I’m not selling shit! To me it’s silly to take a few hundred bucks profit for something I can’t really replace.
View Quote

Dillon 650 loaded many many rounds for me to shoot for years. Plus I got components to shoot for more years after that. If I get desperate enough 10 years from now I’ll just shoot my 22 stash. If in 15 years prices don’t stabilize than I’ll get a new hobby in retirement.  If you only have 5k or less in centerfire ammo I wouldn’t dare sell anything. All perspective don’t assume.  I ammo flush but I don’t think I’ll be doing any classes for a while.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to give it a few more months, for people to really get panicked, to start selling off the stuff I don't want or need. I also bought a ton of Russian 556 to flip a few years ago. Since I just got laid off, I hope my gamble will pay off.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Yep, I’m selling of a bunch of .22 and anything I can reload for. Got a couple of years of components, and I don’t really shoot .22.

I just sold a brick of CCI standard velocity for $175 I paid $35 a few years ago. I’m trying to turn this .22 into a 1301 competition.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

The guys I know selling ammo now are paying off houses and vehicles.

They are not selling a couple cases here and there but literal forts they spent years acquiring. They won't be able to replace it anytime soon and may never be able to but they have decided to cash in.

I hope they end up being the smart ones because if not we are all permafucked.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What happened to all the patriots here?  You all can comply with unconstitutional laws and give your freedoms up!  

Now is the time to band together and declare we will not comply with unconstitutional laws any longer.  Not one more inch!
View Quote

Buddy from California days had about 80 guns. .22 rifle and pistol to .50-110 BFRs. Told me recently is trimming down to a couple of fun guns (SASS) and rolling gear for the end of days. “You can not carry it all.”
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep
Been selling for two months now
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I say that every year. And yet, here I am again, not selling anything.

I'm considering what it would be like cutting down to single digit firearms... and whether it would be nice to just have more free capital, and less shit weighing me down.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Not guns/ammo, but if we hit those $40-$50 each PMAGS again, I'm selling something to pay for those that I keep.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#25]
If I sold a 100, I’d still have over a 100.

Thinking about selling some and putting it into more vintage triumph motorcycles
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I had a bunch I did not shoot. So I've sold them off. Probably have some more I'll be letting go. I really only shoot a handful of them to be honest.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#27]
My Arsenal may have to fund a PVS-14 or thermal
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I’m waiting for the buy backs. I’ll get more money for them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm tempted to dump shit I never shoot.
View Quote

Dumping shit for gucci stuff, ran out of room in the safe long ago.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I sold them all. Keeping a shotgun for pheasant, and a deer rifle.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I’ve sold more ammo this year than I’ve shot in the last 10.

I have components to reload more ammo than I’ve shot in the last 10 years.

I have more loaded ammo than I’ve shot in the last 10 years.

Not sure if I’m selling any more. Have two boys that may want to take up the hobby.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Yup 96 acres 3 bed, 2 baths.

Oh you meant guns? ??

Nope... I'm not that stupid. ??
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What guns? They are icky and evil!
View Quote

Yep I’m only here for GD. Turned all mine in during the last buy-back.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I sold all of my firearm stuff and used that money for Funko-Pops.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#35]
I got an ar10 at a local auction with the mags. I never shot it and don’t want to buy the ammo for it. Going to pay for our new pup in 9 weeks so I’ll still get a lot of enjoyment from selling it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I sold a bunch of crap.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd say 90% of you guys selling stuff , sold that stuff to the enemy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'd say 90% of you guys selling stuff , sold that stuff to the enemy.
View Quote

You're welcome to buy it.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not that I TRUST what's going on with politics, however I'm hard pressed to come up with ideas/methods that the government could institute laws easily that would increase prices FAR beyond where they were 2 years ago.
View Quote

I think you're not thinking all that hard, then.

More restrictive rules for shipping and storing ammo.  CA-style ammo sale restrictions.  Mail order ban.  That's just on the government side - if things get really spicy, take whatever prices we have now and double/triple them at a minimum.

If you have more than enough of a given thing to meet your long term goals - whether that's practice (a lot of which when done at high volumes is honestly just a combination of wishful thinking, jerking off, and wasting ammo), riding out supply problems, having enough to have a good depth of caches, supplying your kids/grandkids...  whatever - then sure, you can sell some to take a profit.

There wasn't anything wrong with buying extra to speculate in the first place.

However, if you are betting that "things can't get that much worse" or "things will go back to normal in time for me to resupply", make no mistake, you ARE making a bet.   You need to weight the gain now vs. the consequences of choosing poorly.

Prices on a lot of arms, tools, and various related accessories are not nuts right now.  The one profit-taking activity I really approve of is taking a bunch of random crap you've "collected" and turning it into serious capability.  Thermal, NV, spare parts, commo, etc.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:01:35 PM EDT
[#40]
if I could get $1000 for 3 1400rd buckets of bullets I would sell. I don't think it's quite that bad yet.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Never thought I'd see the day where 50BMG is cheaper to shoot than .30-30!
View Quote

There's alot more 30-30 shooters than 50cal shooters
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:10:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Serious question: should I sell my primers? I think I have a shitload laying around somewhere from when I thought I was gonna do a bunch of reloading.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have no intention of selling anything.
View Quote

+1

Yeah, you don’t sell guns/mags/ammo just before a civil war.  That’s like selling your life jacket before the Titanic is sinking.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you have stuff you don’t shoot and don’t really like all that much with no sentimental value, now is the time to sell.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd like to but have no idea how to go about doing it.  Like to thin it way down so my wife doesn't have to deal with it in case of my demise.  Have about 80 that never see the light of day.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:56:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'd like to but have no idea how to go about doing it.  Like to thin it way down so my wife doesn't have to deal with it in case of my demise.  Have about 80 that never see the light of day.
View Quote

Make an account on Gunbroker and sell them there.  You'll pay selling fees, but you'll also get the most money there.

We like to make fun of the ATF, and I'm sure some won't like me saying this, but I'd call them up and let them know what you're doing ahead of time if you are actually going to sell that many guns at once.  That is a lot of guns.  There is nothing wrong with selling guns from your collection that you no longer want.  If you don't give them a heads up and they somehow catch on to you selling that many guns at once they're probably going to wonder why you're selling so many without an FFL.  Again, selling them for the purpose of downsizing your collection or upgrading to another gun is completely fine, but if you don't have an FFL and they see you getting rid of that many they will get curious if they somehow take notice of it.  I know of someone who sold most of a massive collection off and they called the ATF before hand and told them what was going on and they never got hassled about it at all.

Again, some people will be against doing what I said.  Doing it keeps them from hassling you if they do take notice of you selling that many guns at once without having an FFL.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Yes. Have only kept a single barrel 12ga for fowl and single shot .22 for rabbits.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:40:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Look at all the criminals who get a slap on the wrist for gun violations. Will be no different.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope I'm wrong as well ,but I believe an outright ban is looming on the horizon. No grandfathering. You own it and are caught with it then it's club fed.

Sort of.

You probably won't get ten years hard time, but you'll still have a felony conviction and all that entails. To a deadbeat criminal they don't care. To most of us, it would ruin your life.

I don't think a no grandfather ban is likely though. I really don't think they have the votes for it.

If they do, I hope some of the states will stand up and do the right thing for their people and stop it.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:41:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not guns/ammo, but if we hit those $40-$50 each PMAGS again, I'm selling something to pay for those that I keep.
View Quote

That doesn't seem to be happening this time. I guess there is just too many mags hoarded.

Its all ammo this time.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top