BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are your distributors raising their prices that much, or are your higher prices more due to having to shop the secondary markets?
View Quote

Mostly secondary markets are causing this, ammo especially.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Do they all wear black t shirts?
View Quote

I tried to get them to wear plate carriers, all complained about it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you given up on Black Rifle Coffee?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you have shitty lighting inside your gun displays and tiny little writing or flipped over price tags on your guns?

If so, a pox be upon your house.
View Quote

Led lighting through out, large tags. I really don’t want to get a gun out so we can both find out the price.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Man, I got nothing for you. I’m glad you know what I am paying for my products and can dictate what I should make off of it. I have a lot of 15+ year customers. I don’t know why you would find me rude, I put customer service first.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
25+ years of being a gun owner has taught me a couple of things but one thing sticks out for the purposes of this thread:

Gun Stores Aren't My Friend. I classify them right next to used car dealerships; they are just necessary evils I have to deal with if I want to go shooting.

So go ahead and be rude, profiteering and self-serving, OP... I think that's pretty much expected from you.

Man, I got nothing for you. I’m glad you know what I am paying for my products and can dictate what I should make off of it. I have a lot of 15+ year customers. I don’t know why you would find me rude, I put customer service first.

My only issue is trade ins.  I've done it exactly once.  I dont like how the guy has to look in the computer to tell me $250 for a $600 gun.  I know its business, but let's say I want to trade for another used gun that is approximate value, than what's the issue?  I'll pay something, but I ain't taking a bath on a gun, cause overhead.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That doesn't seem too bad at all....I figured any new AR would be hovering around $1K
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Entry level ARs are starting in the mid to high $600

That doesn't seem too bad at all....I figured any new AR would be hovering around $1K

It is on the secondary market here.  Dont seem to move though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I’m out in LA.... Lubbock Area ??
View Quote

Ouch, sorry about that. My dad's side is from the area.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You have any .45 long Colt?

Do all gun shops beg customers to bring in guns for trade/buy and then insult the customer with stupid low ball offers?
View Quote

No Long Colt in stock, I get a few boxes, always gone the same day.
I am happy to look at trades, I don’t lowball . Why did you buy your gun down the street at an inflated price and expect me to buy it from you inflated? Take it back where you bought it and see what they offer, I’m sorry you already have?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What an asshole thing to say. My LGS takes extremely good care of me and will bend over backwards to make sure their customers are treated well and well taken care of
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
25+ years of being a gun owner has taught me a couple of things but one thing sticks out for the purposes of this thread:

Gun Stores Aren't My Friend. I classify them right next to used car dealerships; they are just necessary evils I have to deal with if I want to go shooting.

So go ahead and be rude, profiteering and self-serving, OP... I think that's pretty much expected from you.

What an asshole thing to say. My LGS takes extremely good care of me and will bend over backwards to make sure their customers are treated well and well taken care of

Not all hero’s wear capes.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I won’t perpetuate the gun customer myth either, but I will invite you to sit behind a gunshow table for a weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you have training programs for employees to teach them how to assist in perpetuating stupid gun myths?  Or does that just happen all on its own?

I won’t perpetuate the gun customer myth either, but I will invite you to sit behind a gunshow table for a weekend.

Do you shoot?

Double taps all in this bitch.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have you given up on Black Rifle Coffee?
View Quote

Still pimpin that shit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My only issue is trade ins.  I've done it exactly once.  I dont like how the guy has to look in the computer to tell me $250 for a $600 gun.  I know its business, but let's say I want to trade for another used gun that is approximate value, than what's the issue?  I'll pay something, but I ain't taking a bath on a gun, cause overhead.
View Quote

I get that, imma look at ok they are both worth the same, is one a lot quicker seller? If all things are even on that $600 gun, I’m going to tell you let me make $50. Your trade will negate the taxes by that much. I’m happy are you?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Do you shoot?

Double taps all in this bitch.
View Quote

Not as much as I would like to, have you seen the price of ammo lately? Lol
Riding in the back of a car with crappy cell reception. Making me doubt that I hit reply. But really, that was worth repeating. ??
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I get that, imma look at ok they are both worth the same, is one a lot quicker seller? If all things are even on that $600 gun, I’m going to tell you let me make $50. Your trade will negate the taxes by that much. I’m happy are you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a Taurus judge for that g19.

Pretty much how I would handle it.  $75 -100 isnt unreasonable.   Obviously how the client handles the interaction helps.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

OP runs a fantastic and well managed range. Surprisingly affordable for how nice it is.

You increasingly seem like a militant commie.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

OP runs a fantastic and well managed range. Surprisingly affordable for how nice it is.

You increasingly seem like a militant commie.
View Quote

Thank you, that really is much appreciated. We do care about our customers. I personally hate the time that we are in.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Can you/will you buy factory ammo from private parties for resale in your store?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can you/will you buy factory ammo from private parties for resale in your store?
View Quote

If I know you, I probably would right now, usually no. I am taking on a lot of liability by doing so. I won’t say that I haven’t, but I try not to support the neck beards that camp out and buy up all of the cheap local ammo, I really don’t want to compete against my customers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm probably going too far insinuating ALL gun stores are a PITA to deal with, especially since I only have to deal with Utah gun stores and know nothing about your store.

If you are what you say you are then hats off to ya... wish my LGS' would do the same.

As it stands I dread dealing with them and have done all my shopping that didn't require an FFL online.

It's... left a bad taste in my mouth for the industry side of shooting. Sorry for being an ass.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Still pimpin that shit.
View Quote
This is going to lose some fans. BRCC does not really want the customers to own black rifles and they donate there money to anti gun democrats. You should reconsider that. We have a viable replacement.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you have training programs for employees to teach them how to assist in perpetuating stupid gun myths?  Or does that just happen all on its own?

Oh jeebus, we weren’t talking about going full retard!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Edit Never mind it was answered.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I’ll start off saying that I am a mid-size shop and enjoy most of my customers. I read on GD about price gouging and the current environment, I think you guys have little clue of what I pay and where I get stuff from right now. Do you think that I have special connections to buy pallets of ammo at 2019 pricing? Fire. Away.
View Quote

Rougeboss cries about everything. Who cares what he thinks is and isn’t price gouging. Got any 9mm? I’d like to buy it all at 2019 prices.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This is going to lose some fans. BRCC does not really want the customers to own black rifles and they donate there money to anti gun democrats. You should reconsider that. We have a viable replacement.
View Quote

I get it, I am as 2A as you will find. If I got rid of every brand that hates me, I would have no bank, no cc processor, no Ruger, the list is mind boggling. You would be surprised by how many non-gun customers have become gun customers for walking in our shop for Brcc coffee. I will give their team the benefit of the doubt, they have served our country and I owe them at least that much. This won’t be a popular reply, but I walk the walk.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

SCCY, they will sell, but I'll probably have to buy it back after you realize it's a brick.
View Quote
Related question; what's the most number of times you've sold/bought/resold the same gun?  

Also, where are you and do you have any 8mm Mauser ammo?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Rougeboss cries about everything. Who cares what he thinks is and isn’t price gouging. Got any 9mm? I’d like to buy it all at 2019 prices.
View Quote

I’d like to give refunds at retail to all of my 2019 customers at full retail + a 20% convenience fee
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Related question; what's the most number of times you've sold/bought/resold the same gun?  

Also, where are you and do you have any 8mm Mauser ammo?
View Quote

Probably 3 or 4 times.
Sorry 8mm doesn’t fall in my wheelhouse.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for doing this, I love these types of threads.

With the shorage of ammo and guns, have you had any outrageous customers? Any good stories to share?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks for doing this, I love these types of threads.

With the shorage of ammo and guns, have you had any outrageous customers? Any good stories to share?
View Quote

I have been riding in the back of a car with time to spare. I will be at the shop in about 10 min and will check back tonight.
   Really nothing out of the normal lately. I once paid a customer $60 not be my customer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#30]
How are “cowboy” guns (SAA’s, 66 and 73 Winchesters, Sharps buffler rifles, etc) selling?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How are “cowboy” guns (SAA’s, 66 and 73 Winchesters, Sharps buffler rifles, etc) selling?
View Quote

All things that I would acquire used. All sell decent as used guns.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Howdy from down south of you. Glad you’re still in business and hope all is well. I need to stop by sometime. I’ve bought and traded with this gentleman years ago. He always had cool stuff at very fair prices.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I’ll start off saying that I am a mid-size shop and enjoy most of my customers. I read on GD about price gouging and the current environment, I think you guys have little clue of what I pay and where I get stuff from right now. Do you think that I have special connections to buy pallets of ammo at 2019 pricing? Fire. Away.
View Quote

I’ve always defended the hometown LGS.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Howdy from down south of you. Glad you’re still in business and hope all is well. I need to stop by sometime. I’ve bought and traded with this gentleman years ago. He always had cool stuff at very fair prices.
View Quote

Stop by anytime and say “hi”. I appreciate the kind words, not sure who you are, but I look forward to seeing you again! Lol
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I’ve always defended the hometown LGS.
View Quote

It’s always nice to see customers respond to “ what is a good LGS” thread and suggest us.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Uh, I am on GD, right?
View Quote

IN! Yes which means that you are wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice, are 6 feet plus inches tall and a rock hard pillar of make dominant power. Oh, and you have at least 20 cars, multiple properties all over the world etc...like everybody here.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

IN! Yes which means that you are wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice, are 6 feet plus inches tall and a rock hard pillar of make dominant power. Oh, and you have at least 20 cars, multiple properties all over the world etc...like everybody here.
View Quote

Not going to lie, I am internationally known.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If I know you, I probably would right now, usually no. I am taking on a lot of liability by doing so. I won’t say that I haven’t, but I try not to support the neck beards that camp out and buy up all of the cheap local ammo, I really don’t want to compete against my customers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the response. Curious because I've got factory ammo for firearms I no longer own (7.62x39, .40 SW, .32 ACP, etc.) and wondered what the typical practice was. I would ordinarily get a table at a local show and sell it myself, but COVID.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Thanks for the response. Curious because I've got factory ammo for firearms I no longer own (7.62x39, .40 SW, .32 ACP, etc.) and wondered what the typical practice was. I would ordinarily get a table at a local show and sell it myself, but COVID.
View Quote

My current pricing, 7.62x39  $9.95
.40 $37.49 ouch
32acp $29.95
No quantity discount at this time.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#40]
OP is going to double his post count in this thread alone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OP is going to double his post count in this thread alone.
View Quote

Feeling a little frisky today.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Do you have free unlimited coffee?

Glock mags were $20 last summer, why are you trying to rip me off?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do you have free unlimited coffee?

Glock mags were $20 last summer, why are you trying to rip me off?
View Quote

No coffee, it’s like fudd glue.
I would normally not try to take it advantage of you, but you have that kind of face, if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#44]
I have quite a bit of retail and business experience and never understood why guys only marked up guns 10-12%. That margin is just too low to be sustainable and my guess as to why LGS often fail. A healthy retail margin to stay in business would need to be 30%+.

Do you buy all your guns through distributors? Is there no such thing as being factory direct in the gun world?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Where are the Sig Virtus MCXs?!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#46]
No questions. Neat thread and good luck through these hard times, op.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Is even 12 gauge birdshot unobtainable now?

Stopped by a local academy today, as a buddy wanted to shoot some clays.  I was expecting bare shelves for rifle and pistol ammo, but a couple boxes of 28 gauge birdshot was literally  the only ammo on the shelf.

If people are down to neckbearding birdshot this is going to be a long dryspell.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
No question, but thank you for being in the business, which IMO well serves the community.

Well, maybe one question - or thought. If I owned a shop, I'd prolly be disappointed in how some believe that with a transfer, I'd be expected to stop all my business activities and give the transfer my top priority attention asap (beyond meeting the requirement to log it in). I mean, I've had my share of interwebs bought transfers sent to my LGS, that I too was excited about getting, but honest to God, I kinda think the stores are saints to deal with the work and spend the time to make something like $25 or $30. But I'm not in the business, so I don't know what the profit margin is on firearms that the LGS traditionally stocks.
View Quote

$30 for a 5 minute phone call on an item the shop didn't need to pay to keep in inventory.  Sounds pretty good to me.  Even if they need to up their fee to $40 to make a little more.

Over $40 and I start looking for a new ffl.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#49]
How often do you get Sig MCX Virtus guns in 11.5?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How often do you get Sig MCX Virtus guns in 11.5?
View Quote
curios as well.

Just any MCX Virtus, even patrol models.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top