Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#1]
How many Navy Seals and Special Forces guys are running the counter?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What can't you sell...even in this market?
View Quote

SCCY, they will sell, but I’ll probably have to buy it back after you realize it’s a brick.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’ll start off saying that I am a mid-size shop and enjoy most of my customers. I read on GD about price gouging and the current environment, I think you guys have little clue of what I pay and where I get stuff from right now. Do you think that I have special connections to buy pallets of ammo at 2019 pricing? Fire. Away.
View Quote

Do you keep ammo out (visible to your customers) that you won't sell unless they buy a firearm?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Have prices of handguns gone up at the manufacturer or distributor level. I'm seeing $700+ Glock MOS models that were $600 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you have training programs for employees to teach them how to assist in perpetuating stupid gun myths?  Or does that just happen all on its own?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Yo I said Glock bullets
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why are you not playing the allocation game with your wholesalers to get at least some of your inventory?
View Quote

Oh. I get allocations, but it doesn’t come close to feeding the demand. If you have tips how to play that game better, I am all ears.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do I need a TX id to buy rifles?
View Quote

No sir, just handguns and receivers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Predictions for the upcoming year ?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
25+ years of being a gun owner has taught me a couple of things but one thing sticks out for the purposes of this thread:

Gun Stores Aren't My Friend. I classify them right next to used car dealerships; they are just necessary evils I have to deal with if I want to go shooting.

So go ahead and be rude, profiteering and self-serving, OP... I think that's pretty much expected from you.

View Quote

Man, I got nothing for you. I’m glad you know what I am paying for my products and can dictate what I should make off of it. I have a lot of 15+ year customers. I don’t know why you would find me rude, I put customer service first.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any opinion on the SIG cross rifles?
View Quote

I have a Fix and they seem to be very similar, I like the concept.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#12]
If i were a regular (once a year) customer and called up with 4k of fresh WWB 9mm to sell to LGS  how would it go as how much would you pay  per 1K., Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Has the nonsense over the last year changed which rifles / guns youre selling compared to years past?
View Quote

Not really.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can you find primers?
View Quote

Do I look like a magician?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Man, I got nothing for you. I’m glad you know what I am paying for my products and can dictate what I should make off of it. I have a lot of 15+ year customers. I don’t know why you would find me rude, I put customer service first.
View Quote

I bet you’ll do fine.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you made chili, what kind of beans go in it?
View Quote

Dark kidney
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#17]
How many phone calls a day do you get asking "do you have any 9mm?"?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Dark kidney
View Quote

Fuck all that..........i'm out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Is this a good time to sell excess ammo/rifles/pistols since the price is high?

Or is this a stupid time to sell because prices are going to go higher?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Entry level ARs are starting in the mid to high $600
View Quote

That doesn't seem too bad at all....I figured any new AR would be hovering around $1K
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That doesn't seem too bad at all....I figured any new AR would be hovering around $1K
View Quote

Firearms aren’t really the problem in most of the places I go, It’s the ammo.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#22]
It burns when I pee, but only after I’ve been with an unsavory woman. Will I need to have my transmission rebuilt, because it only happens when it rains. Thanks, I’ll take my answer off the air.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How much did a pallet of ammo cost you in 2019 and what does that same pallet cost you at our current date?
View Quote

9mm cost me $7.10 a box last year, I bought 2 pallets in November and paid $25 a box. I’m not sure where my next substantial amount comes from it what to expect to pay. I am prepared for $30
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#24]
What percentage of sales are to Antifa types?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How many Navy Seals and Special Forces guys are running the counter?
View Quote

We have mostly college students and retired guys working here. At one time about half veterans, no SF types currently.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Can you get me a Beretta 1301 Tactical LE? If so, how much?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you keep ammo out (visible to your customers) that you won't sell unless they buy a firearm?
View Quote

Dbl tap
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
I read your earlier post. So... we are an indoor range as well. Ammo behind the counter (visible) is for range use. We have ammo on the shelves that is for out the door sales. I will be very polite in trying to explain this to customers. Feeding the range is a real concern in these times.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I saw your earlier post....so. I also have an indoor range, ammo on the back counter is for range use. Ammo on the shelf is out the door ammo. Feeding the range is a huge concern.
View Quote

Ever had to shut down the range/rentals due to lack of ammo?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Have prices of handguns gone up at the manufacturer or distributor level. I'm seeing $700+ Glock MOS models that were $600 6 months ago.
View Quote

Glock has held their prices very well, any increase in retail price is the market. My prices have risen for sure. I used to get volume guns and sell them at low prices. I might see a Glock MOS once every couple of weeks now. My prices have crept up trying to keep up with my other expenses.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Do you have training programs for employees to teach them how to assist in perpetuating stupid gun myths?  Or does that just happen all on its own?
View Quote

I won’t perpetuate the gun customer myth either, but I will invite you to sit behind a gunshow table for a weekend.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I won’t perpetuate the gun customer myth either, but I will invite you to sit behind a gunshow table for a weekend.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We have mostly college students and retired guys working here. At one time about half veterans, no SF types currently.
View Quote

Do they all wear black t shirts?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yo I said Glock bullets
View Quote

My apologies sir, I heard Sig.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#36]
I dont think it has been said but, Thanks!

I appreciate these types of threads, it is nice to get some perspective of things as opposed to the constant "price gouging" screeching.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I read your earlier post. So... we are an indoor range as well. Ammo behind the counter (visible) is for range use. We have ammo on the shelves that is for out the door sales. I will be very polite in trying to explain this to customers. Feeding the range is a real concern in these times.
View Quote

This place doesn't have a range and yes I most certainly understand why you would want ammo for range use.  I'm sure you have signs stating as such as well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Do you have shitty lighting inside your gun displays and tiny little writing or flipped over price tags on your guns?

If so, a pox be upon your house.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Predictions for the upcoming year ?
View Quote

Worse before it gets better.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Oh. I get allocations, but it doesn’t come close to feeding the demand. If you have tips how to play that game better, I am all ears.
View Quote

At this point a year into the panic buying, I have well over a hundred thousand in back ordered  ammo at my primary wholesalers.
I've gone to dealer-direct accounts with some vendors and re-opened old ones elsewhere that have been formant since the last panic.
of course we've lost a few wholesalers since the last panic.
Its been enough to keep me going as a small FFL
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If i were a regular (once a year) customer and called up with 4k of fresh WWB 9mm to sell to LGS  how would it go as how much would you pay  per 1K., Thanks
View Quote

I’d pay $600right now, I’m selling at $700 per k.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How many phone calls a day do you get asking "do you have any 9mm?"?
View Quote

Literally half, half of that wants $15 pricing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#43]
You have any .45 long Colt?

Do all gun shops beg customers to bring in guns for trade/buy and then insult the customer with stupid low ball offers?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is this a good time to sell excess ammo/rifles/pistols since the price is high?

Or is this a stupid time to sell because prices are going to go higher?
View Quote

Who knows, I am holding most of my personal stash..
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
25+ years of being a gun owner has taught me a couple of things but one thing sticks out for the purposes of this thread:

Gun Stores Aren't My Friend. I classify them right next to used car dealerships; they are just necessary evils I have to deal with if I want to go shooting.

So go ahead and be rude, profiteering and self-serving, OP... I think that's pretty much expected from you.

View Quote

What an asshole thing to say. My LGS takes extremely good care of me and will bend over backwards to make sure their customers are treated well and well taken care of
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It burns when I pee, but only after I’ve been with an unsavory woman. Will I need to have my transmission rebuilt, because it only happens when it rains. Thanks, I’ll take my answer off the air.
View Quote

PM sent...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What percentage of sales are to Antifa types?
View Quote

I reckon that you haven’t been out to West Texas...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Can you get me a Beretta 1301 Tactical LE? If so, how much?
View Quote

I doubt it... and I hate shipping.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I reckon that you haven’t been out to West Texas...
View Quote

lol.  How’d you know?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Ever had to shut down the range/rentals due to lack of ammo?
View Quote

No, that will be a very hard day for me.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top