Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#1]
My heart would choose the lightsabre, just too cool. My head would take the phaser, it can heat, it can stun, it can vaporize and even julienne fries.

Imagine being an assasin with a phaser? You wouldn't even have to worry about hiding the bodies.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
get both you loser
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm depressed it's gotten so many reads......
I'm severely depressed it's gotten so many replies...
And I'm almost depressed enough to shoot my damn self for replying.

Better than the "Gun in Heat" threads tho...

Cheer up!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
phaser
can hit at range, has stun abilities, can cut at the right setting and beam width, can vaporize stuff leaving no evidence
yeah lightsabers are cool, but only really usable at 3 feet or less
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]
The lightsaber if I was a Jedi-Master.
Phaser if I wasn't

However, when armed with a lightsaber, what happens if you are against a guy with an Rem 870 or a Mossy 590A1?  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The lightsaber if I was a Jedi-Master.
Phaser if I wasn't

However, when armed with a lightsaber, what happens if you are against a guy with an Rem 870 or a Mossy 590A1?  

Pray they can't lead very well when you're running side to side like a duck in a shooting gallery.

or

shoot him with your AR!! I plan on getting an ARMS Lightsaber mount for mine... screw a bayonet.

Quoted:
I'm depressed it's gotten so many reads......
I'm severely depressed it's gotten so many replies...
And I'm almost depressed enough to shoot my damn self for replying.

You know you want one. Besides, for some people the guns in the picture thread are just as unattainable as a phaser/lightsaber. So it's not too much of a stretch from reality.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Estimate 50% efficiency (i.e. half the energy of the sabre is wasted).  This gives us a total energy release from the sabre of 300,000 BTU.  It looked like Qui-gon was cutting at a rate of around 0.5 inches per second, so it would have taken about 226 seconds to complete the circle.
300,000 BTU/226 seconds = 1327 BTU/second ~ 1.3 megawatts

A little beyond the capabilities of a couple of D batteries, but energy storage didn't seem to be a problem in the SW universe.

The books say that lightsabers are VERY power efficient, like 98%.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Lightsaber of course. Likely the coolest weapon ever faked up by the mind of man. It is the baddest sword ever imagined, a beam of pure focused energy. What more could one ever ask?

Oh yeah, Princess Leia in her slave outfit..... woot!!

Dram, saw the original SW as an 11yr old, out!!!

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:11:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Estimate 50% efficiency (i.e. half the energy of the sabre is wasted).  This gives us a total energy release from the sabre of 300,000 BTU.  It looked like Qui-gon was cutting at a rate of around 0.5 inches per second, so it would have taken about 226 seconds to complete the circle.
300,000 BTU/226 seconds = 1327 BTU/second ~ 1.3 megawatts

A little beyond the capabilities of a couple of D batteries, but energy storage didn't seem to be a problem in the SW universe.

The books say that lightsabers are VERY power efficient, like 98%.

I was referring to heat lost into the door, atmosphere, etc.  Sticking a white-hot light beam into a piece of metal will tend to heat everything up, and heat that isn't actually melting metal is wasted.

Sorry for the confusion.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top