Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Love me some CZ
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:36:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I dig it!

The CZ 75 is one of those guns that kind of triggers me a bit, but in the wrong way. It's like they built a pretty sweet looking hotrod, but put shitty rims on it. I think the philips head grip screw ruins the whole look of the gun, and it was the major reason that kept me from buying a CZ 75. I have a 27, had a 52, and had a CZ70. The 75 always remained one of those guns I'd look at, think about, and then ultimately pass over.

Last year I was in the shop picking up something else, and the dealer had a 75 D compact in the case. I paid 4 bills for it on the spot. Mine was made in 2018 and was sold as unfired. I'm not crazy about the grips, but at least there is no offending screw.  I like the gun enough that I'd probably buy a full-sized one should I run across one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:31:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since theres so many Cz fans in this thread right now, perhaps someone can help me.

What’s the best  magazines available  for a pcr ? And best available magazines for a rami bd?

I want to order some tonight.

Thank you in advance.

Not intended to hijack OP, forgive me.

View Quote

@savage_winchester

For the PCR, I would go with the 19-round mags for reloads.  Do a search for “CZ-75B Meg-Gar 19 round magazines”.  I did a search for all the reputable vendors and Sportsmansguide.com has the best price.  If you use “GUNSANDGEAR” coupon code you get $20 off.  Or search for your own coupon code.  They are $29.99 each or $26.99 each if you’re a club member which is only worth doing if you shop there a lot.  They actually have good prices on a lot of things.  I bought a tree stand for this past season.

Buy your mags soon because they will disappear once Biden starts talking magazine bans!

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/hi-cap-cz75b-mec-gar-9mm-caliber-magazine-19-rounds?a=1723037
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@savage_winchester

For the PCR, I would go with the 19-round mags for reloads.  Do a search for “CZ-75B Meg-Gar 19 round magazines”.  I did a search for all the reputable vendors and Sportsmansguide.com has the best price.  If you use “GUNSANDGEAR” coupon code you get $20 off.  Or search for your own coupon code.  They are $29.99 each or $26.99 each if you’re a club member which is only worth doing if you shop there a lot.  They actually have good prices on a lot of things.  I bought a tree stand for this past season.

Buy your mags soon because they will disappear once Biden starts talking magazine bans!

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/hi-cap-cz75b-mec-gar-9mm-caliber-magazine-19-rounds?a=1723037
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since theres so many Cz fans in this thread right now, perhaps someone can help me.

What’s the best  magazines available  for a pcr ? And best available magazines for a rami bd?

Thank you in advance.

@savage_winchester

@C-4

THANK YOU!!!

You saved me a bunch of money. I was getting ready to order some from cz. I already have some of these mecgar mags and can vouch they are gtg. That is a great price.

The code didn't work. But SG is offering a 3mo membership for 10 bucks. That more than pays for itself if you order 3 or more mags. (3 dollars per plus free shipping)
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I saw her there the other day but passed. I went back today and she was still there, much to my surprise.

She wasn't supposed to even be there. Evidently she was for another guy but he never showed. So she came home with me.

Luckily,  Czech broads don't get jealous.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206831/20210117_161832_jpg-1783838.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206831/20210117_161814_jpg-1783840.JPG

I've had the Omega for a while. I had already gotten some CGW parts for it before learning about the trigger bar spring potentially being an issue. I put them in anyway and deepened the notch on the "problem part".

Saw the B for less than they were on GB and figured I couldn't do without. Also have an SP01. I had a P07 but the mags being incompatible kind of put me off of it and my customer needed a pistol so that was a good one for him.

It is fun to learn a new gun. CZ 75 is quite a bit different than a 1911 that I'm so familiar with.  Totally new set of quirks and idiosyncrasies to learn. Need to see if Kunhausen has a book on these rascals.
View Quote

FYI CZ75 mags will function in the P07.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@C-4

THANK YOU!!!

You saved me a bunch of money. I was getting ready to order some from cz. I already have some of these mecgar mags and can vouch they are gtg. That is a great price.

The code didn't work. But SG is offering a 3mo membership for 10 bucks. That more than pays for itself if you order 3 or more mags. (3 dollars per plus free shipping)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you in advance.

@savage_winchester

@C-4

THANK YOU!!!

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I saw her there the other day but passed. I went back today and she was still there, much to my surprise.

She wasn't supposed to even be there. Evidently she was for another guy but he never showed. So she came home with me.

Luckily,  Czech broads don't get jealous.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206831/20210117_161832_jpg-1783838.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206831/20210117_161814_jpg-1783840.JPG

I've had the Omega for a while. I had already gotten some CGW parts for it before learning about the trigger bar spring potentially being an issue. I put them in anyway and deepened the notch on the "problem part".

Saw the B for less than they were on GB and figured I couldn't do without. Also have an SP01. I had a P07 but the mags being incompatible kind of put me off of it and my customer needed a pistol so that was a good one for him.

It is fun to learn a new gun. CZ 75 is quite a bit different than a 1911 that I'm so familiar with.  Totally new set of quirks and idiosyncrasies to learn. Need to see if Kunhausen has a book on these rascals.
View Quote

Nice score.

Damn fiddley small parts when you go past taking that sear cage out, or let it jump out at ya.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:36:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here's one of the rarest CZs.  It is a pre- B CZ-75 in .40 S&W. Almost every other CZ-75 in .40 S&W is a "B" model.

The CZ-75 in .40 cal was one of the very last of the pre-Bs ever made.  The .40 caliber pre-
B was an experimental model and the serial number ends in "X" for experimental.

The pre-B .40  cal differs in many significant respects from the B model.  The pre-B .40 has a stranded steel recoil spring like an AK.  The pre-B .40 also has a full length recoil spring guide like a Tanfoglio.

The frame is also thicker and heavier.  The pre-B .40 also had a very high polish blue, full length slide rails and no lightening scallops on the frame.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/234818/20200728_170734-1784412.jpg
View Quote

the polished blue looks nice!   It is still or was a catalog item but I never see them.  I kind of wanted a high polish SS 75 compact.   Might look like a Montreal Pimp gun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#9]
What's the appeal of that over a less expensive Gen 3 S&W?

Both are DA/SA
Equally reliable.

It it the decocker in the Gen 3 that makes it less desirable?  Why?
The fact that the CZ doesn't have a magazine disconnect is a big difference, but that's not hard to disable in the Smiths.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I heard those are almost as good as a Beretta 92.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#11]
If you think you're gonna putz around with the sear cage...buy spare firing pin block lifter springs. Actually, buy 2-3x spares for every spring in the cage. The tiny spring on the left side of the cage is really prone to breakage AFTER you've re-assembled it, and are trying to drive the main frame pin (I forget what it's actually called, but it's the one that pins it into the gun) home..I've broken 3, on one gun, all within 10 minutes of each other. Good thing I bought 5

Once you get it apart and learn how it works, it's "easy" to figure out, and there's a TON of spots in there to do some smoothing and tuning. You can really slick up both the DA and SA pulls if you're so inclined...it's one of the reasons a lot of competition people love shooting CZs. And once you get it set up the way you like it, there's very very little maintenance involved. The biggest wear items are the trigger return springs and slide stops IIRC. The TRS can break, and so can slide stops (on high usage guns), so have spares of each...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#12]
OP needs a DWX

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Both are DA/SA
Equally reliable.

The fact that the CZ doesn't have a magazine disconnect is a big difference, but that's not hard to disable in the Smiths.
View Quote

Slide mounted anything is a no go.

Can be carried condition 3.

I'm on the hunt for SA version. The DA is one thing I dont like.

Parts are more robust.

Trigger can be made exponentially better.

Better ergonomics.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Yes. Yes I do. Would like one with no rail, too. Would settle for a 75 SA.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you think you're gonna putz around with the sear cage...buy spare firing pin block lifter springs. Actually, buy 2-3x spares for every spring in the cage. The tiny spring on the left side of the cage is really prone to breakage AFTER you've re-assembled it, and are trying to drive the main frame pin (I forget what it's actually called, but it's the one that pins it into the gun) home..I've broken 3, on one gun, all within 10 minutes of each other. Good thing I bought 5

Once you get it apart and learn how it works, it's "easy" to figure out, and there's a TON of spots in there to do some smoothing and tuning. You can really slick up both the DA and SA pulls if you're so inclined...it's one of the reasons a lot of competition people love shooting CZs. And once you get it set up the way you like it, there's very very little maintenance involved. The biggest wear items are the trigger return springs and slide stops IIRC. The TRS can break, and so can slide stops (on high usage guns), so have spares of each...
View Quote

These are assembled on fixtures, im pretty sure.

Use a slave pin when assembling and it goes much easier.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, you don't understand...it's not the slave pin that's the problem; assembling the sear cage is a snap.

It's putting it back in the frame that's the problem. That little lifter spring WILL insert itself between the slave pin and the main pin when trying to drive out the slave pin when it's in the frame. Unless you smack that main pin super super hard and try to do it all in one go..in which case good luck not bending that pin, or bending something else in the cage..

Like I said, I've gone through a bunch trying to get it to seat. The best way I've found is to drive the pin as far as it'll go, and then use a dental pick or similar to keep the spring down while nursing the pin in that little further just to get it seated with the spring in place...and then finish driving the pin home.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Parts are more robust.

Better ergonomics.
View Quote

Thanks.  But a Gen 3 can be carried in C3.  Not C1 though...
The 75B can be in C1, since it has no decocker, right?

Also, I've read that the trigger block spring in the CZ is weak, and prone to breakage during reassembly.  Not in normal use, though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Also, I've read that the trigger block spring in the CZ is weak, and prone to breakage during reassembly.  Not in normal use, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parts are more robust.

Better ergonomics.

Sorry. Brain fart. Too many irons in the fire this morning. C1, cooked and locked is what I intended to say.

Trying to arfcom and not trash these. Probably not a great idea.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, you don't understand...it's not the slave pin that's the problem; assembling the sear cage is a snap.

It's putting it back in the frame that's the problem. That little lifter spring WILL insert itself between the slave pin and the main pin when trying to drive out the slave pin when it's in the frame. Unless you smack that main pin super super hard and try to do it all in one go..in which case good luck not bending that pin, or bending something else in the cage..

Like I said, I've gone through a bunch trying to get it to seat. The best way I've found is to drive the pin as far as it'll go, and then use a dental pick or similar to keep the spring down while nursing the pin in that little further just to get it seated with the spring in place...and then finish driving the pin home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I do the pokey thing.   Haven’t had mine apart in a year.   That little sliver that holds the ambi safety in......I thought there was supposed to be two of them, one for each side.  I thought it got one the floor, spent about an hour on the dusty floor looking for a non existent errant part.  

I do need a PCR or a P01. Have a shadow 2 blue (the gun I was installing a short reach trigger in when I was looking for the non existent part) and a P07.

The P07 carries so well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I am so sick of the clickbait
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I have an EAA Tanfoglio Witness polymer clone. The grip angle is perfect and the fact that there are 19 round mags is a plus.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Both are DA/SA
Equally reliable.

View Quote

The early pre-B CZ-75s had the finest double action triggers that were ever seen on a semi auto pistol. Some of the early pre-B pistols also featured extremely beautiful high polished blueing. ( And by early, I mean pre 1985)

The modern CZ-75B is a nice gun, but to truly appreciate the CZ-75 design you have to find an early pistol.

Finally with custom parts from Cajun Gun Works you can still build a modern CZ-75 that feels like one of the older ones. The CZ-75 also has a beautiful feel about it. Hold one in your hand and you will see.

The reverse slide rails create a much fit between slide and frame and the CZ-75 can be just as accurate as its cousin the P-210.  ( I have a 1951 Swiss military P-210 and I have CZ-75s that will shoot just as well as the Swiss gun)

Once you hold one and shoot it, you may catch Uhersky Brod fever, which is just as contagious as paralytic garanditis.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yep, I do the pokey thing.   Haven’t had mine apart in a year.   That little sliver that holds the ambi safety in......I thought there was supposed to be two of them, one for each side.  I thought it got one the floor, spent about an hour on the dusty floor looking for a non existent errant part.  

I do need a PCR or a P01. Have a shadow 2 blue (the gun I was installing a short reach trigger in when I was looking for the non existent part) and a P07.

The P07 carries so well.
View Quote

The little sliver thing is one reason I prefer a decocker vs safety Plus, except for some comp gun safeties, the rounded nub that CZ uses for a thumb safety just turns me off of them. I live where it's freezing a lot of the year, and those little bumps/nubs just are not sure enough to be able for me to hit at speed and be sure I got the safety off. Especially if your hands are wet (like after fishing) or with gloves on (like from October to April ) Their decockers on the other hand...those are as positive as they can be.

I had an 07 but sold it after I had a very...interesting...parts failure that kind of turned me off of them. The decocker has this little paddle on it that the spring rides on. Well, that little paddle is glued on and it's a tiny part. That little tiny part broke in half around the shaft...ordered a new one and it went in easy enough, but that's a pretty high usage part for me.

Anyway, once I got a few parts replaced on my P01 with some CGW goodness, I went out, put about 100-150 rounds through it, realized it was just too small for my XL sized hands, and went back to using a HK P30.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am so sick of the clickbait
View Quote

Lol, you ain't been here long. How can you be tired?

Besides, that's exactly what happened. Got lucky with a Czech in the back of Rural King. I can't help if you have a dirty mind and inferred something other than a firearm purchase, on a GUN site.

You want Penthouse Forum,  you go someplace else.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The early pre-B CZ-75s had the finest double action triggers that were ever seen on a semi auto pistol. Some of the early pre-B pistols also featured extremely beautiful high polished blueing. ( And by early, I mean pre 1985)

The modern CZ-75B is a nice gun, but to truly appreciate the CZ-75 design you have to find an early pistol.

Finally with custom parts from Cajun Gun Works you can still build a modern CZ-75 that feels like one of the older ones. The CZ-75 also has a beautiful feel about it. Hold one in your hand and you will see.

The reverse slide rails create a much fit between slide and frame and the CZ-75 can be just as accurate as its cousin the P-210.  ( I have a 1951 Swiss military P-210 and I have CZ-75s that will shoot just as well as the Swiss gun)

Once you hold one and shoot it, you may catch Uhersky Brod fever, which is just as contagious as paralytic garanditis.
View Quote

I almost bought one at a gunshow.  I ended up with a 686 instead.  I sold the 686 after a few years, in favor of keeping my Dan Wesson as my only .357.  I suspect I'd still own the CZ.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lol, you ain't been here long. How can you be tired?

Besides, that's exactly what happened. Got lucky with a Czech in the back of Rural King. I can't help if you have a dirty mind and inferred something other than a firearm purchase, on a GUN site.

You want Penthouse Forum,  you go someplace else.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Ridgerunner:  Next on the list should be the 97B (the most accurate .45 I own and great for people with large hands).

Hard to find but some still available.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ridgerunner:  Next on the list should be the 97B (the most accurate .45 I own and great for people with large hands).

View Quote

Did someone say CZ-97? With slim grips it can easily be grasped by anyone.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Needs more CZ porn
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/234818/20200315_190054-1785047.jpg
View Quote

Not bad Fluffy!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/234818/20200315_190054-1785047.jpg
View Quote

It's also not a bad can host

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe if I got a deal.

I'm a 1911 guy at heart, so if I'm shooting acp, it is out of one of those.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate the advice.

While I'm new to CZs, I've been building similar stuff for a while. Medical instruments can be incredibly frustrating because they were never designed to be taken apart and put back together.  

One trick to alleviate the condition you describe is to have a small chamfer on the part and corresponding recess in the slave pin. It prevents the parts from slipping in between the two pins.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I appreciate the advice.

While I'm new to CZs, I've been building similar stuff for a while. Medical instruments can be incredibly frustrating because they were never designed to be taken apart and put back together.  

One trick to alleviate the condition you describe is to have a small chamfer on the part and corresponding recess in the slave pin. It prevents the parts from slipping in between the two pins.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206831/20210118_124724_jpg-1785120.JPG
View Quote

You're about to learn

Edit - don't take it the wrong way; you've forgotten more about machining than I'll ever know...I'm just saying, you're going in with the attitude of "I know all this shit" and you probably should be going in with the attitude of "This is gonna be expensive"
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Nice score.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You're about to learn

Edit - don't take it the wrong way; you've forgotten more about machining than I'll ever know...I'm just saying, you're going in with the attitude of "I know all this shit" and you probably should be going in with the attitude of "This is gonna be expensive"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate the advice.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206831/20210118_124724_jpg-1785120.JPG

You're about to learn

No offense taken at all. I do appreciate experienced advice, honestly.

I learned a little on this one.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No offense taken at all. I do appreciate experienced advice, honestly.

I learned a little on this one.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206831/20210118_135226_jpg-1785212.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#40]
I have been a diehard 1911 guy for decades. Liked the CZ's but hate DA guns. This year I purchased a shadow 2 SA, and love it. Recently purchased a czechmate..... I dont want to carry them, but love shooting them.

Does the CZ97 (45acp) have magazines larger then 10 rounds?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have been a diehard 1911 guy for decades. Liked the CZ's but hate DA guns. This year I purchased a shadow 2 SA, and love it. Recently purchased a czechmate..... I dont want to carry them, but love shooting them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Honestly the DA/SA thing is way overblown...yes it takes some practice but now I prefer DA first pulls, by a wide margin. I was a die hard 1911 or Glock fan for the longest time, specifically because 1 pull the same all the time...a DA pull, is just a longer first pull with a short reset. That's it.

Does the CZ97 (45acp) have magazines larger then 10 rounds?

Sadly no I mean it's an incredibly reliable 10 round mag...but it was designed and built in the late 90s, after the AWB passed, and it was designed as an American gun and not really for other markets...so the impetus to go for > 10 rounds just wasn't there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#42]
DA, I am not a fan but Decockers take it to the next level of dislike
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Any of you CZ wizards know how to decode the CZ "Production Number" from the sticker/barcode on the box?

It's of the format:
nnnnnnnnLLLLLLLn-nnnn

where n are digits (0-9) and L are letters

the final n-nnnn is the serial number, but I'm wondering if there's a date code buried in the rest?

No, the slide on this one is not marked with a proof date...as you can see
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Nice, I have one in .40, wish it was a 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Nice, I have one in .40, wish it was a 9mm.
View Quote

Every now and again I get tempted by a .40 BHP or CZ...how is it compared to...well, anything else nearly? USP, or Sig?

Some guns can deal with the heavier loads, others are clearly not up to the task..

Edit - my frame of reference would be a USP, a Sig 229, or a Glock 35 (which I kind of prefer out of those 3)
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Mine is cosmetically challenged. Commies do something right for once and they have to screw it up by giving it a shitty bake on paint job. Anyone who has a pre b with the paint finish, dont let Gun Scrubber or brake parts cleaner anywhere near it.

ETA. Still trying to figure out how to host images here.https://i.ibb.co/2hdrKZh/16110240954304516714387579586379.jpg

Want to get it refinished and hunt down a set of the 80's style waffel grips or a nice set of wood grips.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top