Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
SES
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not necessarily "issued".   Lots of agencies allow personally owned firearms to be carried on duty.  Generally speaking, they have to meet certain criteria, and the individual must pass the same qualifications with it.
View Quote

In the rocky mountain west or deep south?  Sure.  I could even see that in parts of Maine, perhaps into NH.  But DC?  Hell no.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Interesting shoulder holster for mag
View Quote

Looks like one of those eagle bandoliers.

SCOTUS PD are professional at their job. I don’t know any personally but they were good to go when I got a backstage tour.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Its supreme court police
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Did they lose an officer lately? I didn't think those were used in solidarity, but just for your department. Is that not accurate?

Obviously you've got a Supreme Court Police guy with the uniform and the gun, just curious about mourning bands.
View Quote

Mourning band solidarity is common, esp. in the same state or locality.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
With all the various agencies fed state and local... who is actually in charge? Like who are all the agencies reporting to? Nancy?
View Quote

Big events like this get designated as a "National Special Security Event" and Secret Service takes the lead.

Even on a regular day, there's a mind-numbing number of different agencies with armed personnel in DC. I can't imagine how tough it is to keep everything orderly with the way things are now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't hear much hate. Most people say the 16 just isn't worth the added cost over the AR platform. If uncle Sam was paying for it, I'd carry one too.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The SCAR has seen lots of use, even among .gov agencies here in the US...it's no surprise.

Don't believe all the SCAR hate you hear in gun forums.
I don't hear much hate. Most people say the 16 just isn't worth the added cost over the AR platform. If uncle Sam was paying for it, I'd carry one too.  

We are in the 2000s now. Reciprocating charging handles are gay and stupid. The fact that the bolt carrier cracks and breaks if you suppress the rifle means it’s fragile. FN says not to suppress it and that if you do it will void the warranty. It’s like a glock. It will work in factory configuration. Kinda. But you have to switch out lots of parts to get it to be a decent firearm. And there’s a lot better options out there for the money.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well that answers the archaic suppressor question above lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

supreme court police.

https://i.redd.it/ppaugr1uidk21.jpg

Well that answers the archaic suppressor question above lol.

Voided warranty and broken bolt is what I see.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah, BP had Mk16 hand-me-downs from SOCOM.  CBP may have sent some G19s the other way, IIRC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not for Federal Uniformed Agencies in the DC area. That SCAR is more than likely a DRMO gun.
Yeah, BP had Mk16 hand-me-downs from SOCOM.  CBP may have sent some G19s the other way, IIRC.

That is Supreme Court Police. They were given a small number of the SOCOM SCARs in 5.56mm that were transferred to ICE.  ICE was transferred the rifles after SOCOM determined to stick with the M4 since big Army foots the bill for those. I’m not aware of any CBP transfers of G19s to DoD, only the former USCS/HSI G19s that went to SOCOM.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not necessarily "issued".   Lots of agencies allow personally owned firearms to be carried on duty.  Generally speaking, they have to meet certain criteria, and the individual must pass the same qualifications with it.
View Quote

I guarantee you people aren’t taking personally owned SBRs to work as uniforms manning a post in DC.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The SCAR has seen lots of use, even among .gov agencies here in the US...it's no surprise.

She doesn't exactly look like a "high-speed, low-drag operator" though so it's probably just what the Capitol Police arms room handed her.
View Quote

Everything bad I know about the SCAR I learned from SOCOM personnel involved in its fielding. Cliff notes: don’t buy one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That is Supreme Court Police. They were given a small number of the SOCOM SCARs in 5.56mm that were transferred to ICE.  ICE was transferred the rifles after SOCOM determined to stick with the M4 since big Army foots the bill for those. I'm not aware of any CBP transfers of G19s to DoD, only the former USCS/HSI G19s that went to SOCOM.

View Quote
I wasn't referring to the picture... I was responding to JBT's DRMO comment.

I've seen and fired the Mk16s at ATC no more than 3 years ago.  They were BP's, not ICE/HSI.

As for the G19s, there's a poster on ARF that works at RRB that has posted about it a few times.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Feds do this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feds do this?

Of course they do not. The shit people say on here...my neighbor is a Fed door kicker agent. They do not carry "personal" arms, he carries a P2000 .357Sig and a beat to fuck UMP 45..he woukd  carry his 1911 if it was allowed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Why would CBP have G19s? Their last several firearms were various 40s that weren’t Glock.

Those guys can shoot IMO. Longest average OIS distance of any LE agency that has numbers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The badge looks very similar to Supreme Court Police. The lower portion where you can clearly read the word POLICE looks a like different than what I found but they could have some variations is design depending on positions (e.g. supervisors or investigators and such.).
View Quote

They have their own cops?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why would CBP have G19s? Their last several firearms were various 40s that weren't Glock.

Those guys can shoot IMO. Longest average OIS distance of any LE agency that has numbers.
View Quote
USCS inspectors and investigators had the G17 and G19 when the merger happened with INS. USCS + INS = CBP. The Glocks were replaced by the P2000 between FY06 and FY10 or so.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They recently purchased G47s and G19s to replace their P2000s in .40 S&W.
View Quote
And G26s.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes, along with the many other Federal Agencies. DoD has a uniformed police service for the Pentagon. As does the FBI, USSS, US Mint, US Park Service, CIA, NSA, etc...

Hell, the Library of Congress Police existed until 2004 when they were merged with the US Capitol Police.
View Quote

Yup even agencies you think wouldn’t do have their own police force.

National Zoo under Smithsonian
Government Printing Office

You can’t drive a few blocks in DC without seeing a law enforcement officer.

USSS UD is all over the place not just at the White House.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why would CBP have G19s? Their last several firearms were various 40s that weren’t Glock.

View Quote

They generally would not have a G19. Prior to the formation of CBP the US Customs Service issued the G17 for uniformed inspectors and the G19 for special agents, both in 9mm. It is possible but not probable that a very small number of G19s went to CBP when it was formed.  CBP and ICE went to .40 around 2006 after the formation of DHS.  CBP had the HK P2000 and ICE adopted the P229 at that time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#22]
All I see is Gestapo.   Just doing your job isn't going to cut it.   Pick a side ladies & gentlemen?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
All I see is Gestapo.   Just doing your job isn't going to cut it.   Pick a side ladies & gentlemen?
View Quote

That attitude is so 1942. You have to think in terms of grey not black and white, or you will lose.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Would much rather rock a MK18
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Probably uniformed Secret Service
View Quote

Negative.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The gun that breaks itself..... don’t worry about it boys
View Quote

I’d like to see you back that up with facts there chief.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Voided warranty and broken bolt is what I see.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Hell, the Small Business Administration has armed agents
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This may be a dupe, but this photo on DailyMail caught my eye.  Caption doesn't provide any info, and I can only make it out the word police on the badge. From a little googling, the fragment of a shoulder patch doesn't look like Capitol Police or DC Metro.

So which agency is issuing the gucci gear to uniformed officers?

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/01/16/20/38090328-9155005-image-a-123_1610830185663.jpg
View Quote

Looks like her badge says Capital Police
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Supreme Court Police
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is that an AAC 18T brake? They issued a Scar and MRO but can’t issue a silencer made in the last 20 years?
View Quote

That's how the government works
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Looks like her badge says Capital Police
View Quote

Top says “Supreme Court”

Bottom says:

“Officer
Police”

It’s Supreme Court Police.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The badge looks very similar to Supreme Court Police. The lower portion where you can clearly read the word POLICE looks a like different than what I found but they could have some variations is design depending on positions (e.g. supervisors or investigators and such.).

So does the FBI, Bureau of Engraving and Printing, US Mint, DLA Police, NSA Police, National Zoo Police, Pentagon (Police) Force Protection Agency, etc etc etc
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that an AAC 18T brake? They issued a Scar and MRO but can’t issue a silencer made in the last 20 years?

The SCARs and cans were interagency transfers at no additional cost to the taxpayer.  I’m very happy with no additional .gov cost passed back to me.  If it’s a lightly used but still fits the agency need, why not.  If they would have attempted a procurement I’m sure the testing and acquisition would have been $250k or more for a very small number of rifles.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Assuming it's not an inaugural badge, it looks like this:

to me.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Top says “Supreme Court”

Bottom says:

“Officer
Police”

It’s Supreme Court Police.
View Quote

The building in the background is the Supreme Court, so that makes sense.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.8911967,-77.0035559,3a,75y,226.65h,84.69t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1stlzuHLdqKQ4a1tpP9bTxyw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That attitude is so 1942. You have to think in terms of grey not black and white, or you will lose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's old is new again.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Its a fat bitch that probably takes 10 seconds to perform a speed reload.
View Quote

She's wearing a winter coat, I don't think she's fat. She's also the only person in the picture that even has a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the money I'd rather have an SR16 all day every day. I also have a huge dislike for the MRO.

That is a lot of money for a rifle that I seriously dislike.

I'm sure it works absolutely fine though, and the person shooting it probably would shoot either equally poorly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

We are in the 2000s now. Reciprocating charging handles are gay and stupid. The fact that the bolt carrier cracks and breaks if you suppress the rifle means it’s fragile. FN says not to suppress it and that if you do it will void the warranty. It’s like a glock. It will work in factory configuration. Kinda. But you have to switch out lots of parts to get it to be a decent firearm. And there’s a lot better options out there for the money.
View Quote

Lol. You have no idea what your talking about.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm going with that girl didn't bring her own sbr scar 16 to work.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's going off data from sites that have information like this.

Primarily seems to be within the realm of the SCAR 17 and silencers with higher backpressure but seems to be at least a handful of people that had to pay out of pocket to fix split carriers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dammit, I was trying to be polite!

And who in their right mind would bring a personal weapon to work with all this BLM hubaloo....

...wait, we hunting a different species now, so weapons free.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You can’t drive a few blocks in DC without seeing a law enforcement officer.

View Quote

Unless you are in Anacostia.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#46]
I know that the gayTF issues SCAR-L rifles to some agents, or at least, they used to. Don't know if they still do, nor how widely they issued them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Unless you are in Anacostia.
View Quote

I’ll give you that, they are more of a respond to calls mode in that area.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
USCS inspectors and investigators had the G17 and G19 when the merger happened with INS. USCS + INS = CBP. The Glocks were replaced by the P2000 between FY06 and FY10 or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would CBP have G19s? Their last several firearms were various 40s that weren't Glock.

Don't forget AMO has had Glocks for a decent amount of time and they're obviously part of CBP. I've seen pilots walking around with them since 2016 when I showed up to the RRB.  So long before the CBP wide transition
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Did they lose an officer lately? I didn't think those were used in solidarity, but just for your department. Is that not accurate?

Obviously you've got a Supreme Court Police guy with the uniform and the gun, just curious about mourning bands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's most likely Capital Police, note the mourning band over the badge in OP. That should've given it away.

supreme court police.

https://i.redd.it/ppaugr1uidk21.jpg

We use them for LODD state wide or anything high profile. I bet its for the Capitol officer who died
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have never heard of a Federal Agency doing this. Can you name one that does?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top