Page / 16
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#1]
ITT: boomers being boomers
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You do realize there's an actual problem a lot of people have that goes way beyond it being another modern convenience? An addiction of sorts.
View Quote

I literally cannot go more than a day or two without shitting on my toilet. Am I addicted?

You're sounding a lot like the "stop liking things I don't like" crowd. From there it's a short trip to "there outta be a law", which is commie territory. Not saying you are one though.

Anyway, people are addicted to all sorts of things, from booze to crack to those people who eat chalk. Sometimes addiction is a symptom of a medical disorder. Most of the time it starts as escapism. You still can't blame the what, otherwise we have to blame guns for people shooting each other. The real answer is to make the world a less shitty place, and then people wouldn't feel like they have to escape from it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Didn't stop me from retiring early.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When you can't argue the merits....

And covered in tattoos

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Because if i die tomorrow, my kids and my wife would be able to survive on our savings, or on low paying jobs, for a couple years without having to worry about losing or selling their home, giving them enough time to move past their dependence on me.

My home will always be a home, even after people are paying 1k usd for a loaf of bread.

My wife could also go to work tomorrow and make more than me, but we have made the sacrifice so she can be a homemaker and homeschool our kids.

Ultimately though, its because i dont want to be dependent on banks and lenders for my status in life.
View Quote

Props sir, proud homeowner at 33 cause I pounded down that mortgage to minimize risk.  Not as baller as you didn't pay cash but did pay it off in slightly under 9 years
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You can’t make an economy that rewards lazy, stupid people. If you want a high standard of living for everyone, you need a society that encourages hard work and education.

Our education system is a complete embarrassment, we don’t value saving, and people don’t think they should have to work hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My godson falls smack into this category. He went to college and got a degree in Electrical Engineering. He rents an expensive place, has the latest toys, but doesn't own a car using Ubers. In his three years out of college he's travelled the world. He wants experiences, not stuff. He owns no assets and doesn't have a two nickels to rub until this year during the pandemic. All of a sudden he's earning piles of cash with nothing to do. His dad who is a Treasurer for a F500 company convinces him to invest in the stock market.

Well guess who has finally seen the light when his Amazon and Netflix shares pop 3-5X cost basis.

The problem is not everyone in America can be an Electrical Engineer. You have to have an economy that supports people with an IQ under 100+.

You can’t make an economy that rewards lazy, stupid people. If you want a high standard of living for everyone, you need a society that encourages hard work and education.

Our education system is a complete embarrassment, we don’t value saving, and people don’t think they should have to work hard.

I agree that we dump far too much into those that contribute nothing.

But I don’t think that was the point being made.

The average IQ of an electrical or chemical engineer is about 1.5 sd above the mean.  Around the 95th percentile.  About the same as the average US MD school graduate.  And that’s done your bread and butter undergrad with an EE or ChemE degree.  The guys going on for their Ph.D. In Engineering, Materials Science, etc. - the ones that are driving, pushing, advancing, technology are an average of a little over two above.  Around the 98th percentile.  And these are not the brilliant leaders in their field.

What happened when someone with an average IQ enters an engineering program or MD school?  Generally, to even get in there is something going on besides objective selection criteria.  They typically wash out od the basic math progression and end up in a different major.  Or they repeat a year of med school, fail step one of the boards, etc.  So professions where the average is beyond the ability of the majority of the population are not the key to good jobs and economic success for the majority of the population.

I know in GD plenty will chime in, about how a guy with a great work ethic and IQ of 90 will win out everyday against a guy with an IQ that half asses it and doesn’t study as hard, etc.  But that is not how it plays out in real life.  Typically the 90 IQ guy that somehow ended up in an MD or engineering program will wash out or struggle to pass and not cut it no matter how hard they study and if they lose sleep and spend every waking moment trying.  The 130 guy is going to pass while Fing off half the time.  And excell and crush it if they put in serious effort.

So, let’s look at a skilled trade.  An electrician plots out pretty strongly to a range of about 90-110 and the average pretty much between 100-105.  That still leaves about 25% of the population who aren’t going to be electrician capable at best.  

Again, the whole “Anyone can do anything if they are motivated enough and work hard enough” is one of those lines repeated a ton but does not become true.  Learn to code?  Computer Science undergrad s getting their degree also average about 1.5 sd above the mean.

Back around the start of WWII about 5% of Americans had a four year degree.  Now it’s over a third. And the average college graduate now has an IQ about 1.5 sd lower than then. About 85% of kids graduate HS or get their GED.   About three million kids graduate HS each year.  About two million of them start college.  Only about half of them will get their degree in four years.  If you add another year or two about 60% will.  Keep in mind a ton of those degrees will not be in a program, of a level of difficulty, etc. that was considered a college degree decades ago.  

About ten million start trade school each year.  Welders, electricians, dental hygienists, etc.  And can make a good living.

But when all is said and done, the top ten percent intelligence wise dominate the high paying professions.  Being three or more sd above the mean equals being represented there at 8 times more likely.

And affluent, wealth accumulating people without a degree and without a skilled trade are...
You probably guessed,
Heavily weighted in the top 10% of intelligence.

Sure, there are plenty of dumbasses with a trust fund, and a high paying sinecure job at a family foundation,
Or inherited Dad’s construction business,
Or got lucky -

And there are some geniuses with other problems, or zero drive, or work a moderate paying night shit control panel gig to avoid people, etc.

But the trends are strong.

Brains are about a 75% inheritable factor, with the intelligent underproducing and the dumbasses over reproducing.
With the best job growth and affluent professions heavily requiring and driven by the highly intelligent.
And decent jobs for average and below average people declining.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The average IQ of an electrical or chemical engineer is about 1.5 sd above the mean.  Around the 95th percentile.  About the same as the average US MD school graduate.  And that’s done your bread and butter undergrad with an EE or ChemE degree.  The guys going on for their Ph.D. In Engineering, Materials Science, etc. - the ones that are driving, pushing, advancing, technology are an average of a little over two above.  Around the 98th percentile.  And these are not the brilliant leaders in their field.

What happened when someone with an average IQ enters an engineering program or MD school?  Generally, to even get in there is something going on besides objective selection criteria.  They typically wash out od the basic math progression and end up in a different major.  Or they repeat a year of med school, fail step one of the boards, etc.  So professions where the average is beyond the ability of the majority of the population are not the key to good jobs and economic success for the majority of the population.

I know in GD plenty will chime in, about how a guy with a great work ethic and IQ of 90 will win out everyday against a guy with an IQ that half asses it and doesn’t study as hard, etc.  But that is not how it plays out in real life.  Typically the 90 IQ guy that somehow ended up in an MD or engineering program will wash out or struggle to pass and not cut it no matter how hard they study and if they lose sleep and spend every waking moment trying.  The 130 guy is going to pass while Fing off half the time.  And excell and crush it if they put in serious effort.

So, let’s look at a skilled trade.  An electrician plots out pretty strongly to a range of about 90-110 and the average pretty much between 100-105.  That still leaves about 25% of the population who aren’t going to be electrician capable at best.  

Again, the whole “Anyone can do anything if they are motivated enough and work hard enough” is one of those lines repeated a ton but does not become true.  Learn to code?  Computer Science undergrad s getting their degree also average about 1.5 sd above the mean.

Back around the start of WWII about 5% of Americans had a four year degree.  Now it’s over a third. And the average college graduate now has an IQ about 1.5 sd lower than then. About 85% of kids graduate HS or get their GED.   About three million kids graduate HS each year.  About two million of them start college.  Only about half of them will get their degree in four years.  If you add another year or two about 60% will.  Keep in mind a ton of those degrees will not be in a program, of a level of difficulty, etc. that was considered a college degree decades ago.  

About ten million start trade school each year.  Welders, electricians, dental hygienists, etc.  And can make a good living.

But when all is said and done, the top ten percent intelligence wise dominate the high paying professions.  Being three or more sd above the mean equals being represented there at 8 times more likely.

And affluent, wealth accumulating people without a degree and without a skilled trade are...
You probably guessed,

Sure, there are plenty of dumbasses with a trust fund, and a high paying sinecure job at a family foundation,
Or got lucky -

And there are some geniuses with other problems, or zero drive, or work a moderate paying night shit control panel gig to avoid people, etc.

Brains are about a 75% inheritable factor, with the intelligent underproducing and the dumbasses over reproducing.
With the best job growth and affluent professions heavily requiring and driven by the highly intelligent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My godson falls smack into this category. He went to college and got a degree in Electrical Engineering. He rents an expensive place, has the latest toys, but doesn't own a car using Ubers. In his three years out of college he's travelled the world. He wants experiences, not stuff. He owns no assets and doesn't have a two nickels to rub until this year during the pandemic. All of a sudden he's earning piles of cash with nothing to do. His dad who is a Treasurer for a F500 company convinces him to invest in the stock market.

Well guess who has finally seen the light when his Amazon and Netflix shares pop 3-5X cost basis.

The problem is not everyone in America can be an Electrical Engineer. You have to have an economy that supports people with an IQ under 100+.

You probably guessed,

Or got lucky -

So, what you’re saying is... we should definitely allow the unchecked import of the bottom half of the curve from every country that shares an interconnected land border with us. That will surely improve our economic situation.

But seriously, yes, we’ve completely shot ourselves in the foot (whether unintentionally or intentionally is irrelevant now, it’s done and not getting fixed) by disallowing the whole of our native population to be gainfully employed at their capacity in a sustainable way by adding an outside option that upsets the normal flow and is aggressively financially beneficial for business.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I literally cannot go more than a day or two without shitting on my toilet. Am I addicted?

You're sounding a lot like the "stop liking things I don't like" crowd. From there it's a short trip to "there outta be a law", which is commie territory. Not saying you are one though.

Anyway, people are addicted to all sorts of things, from booze to crack to those people who eat chalk. Sometimes addiction is a symptom of a medical disorder. Most of the time it starts as escapism. You still can't blame the what, otherwise we have to blame guns for people shooting each other. The real answer is to make the world a less shitty place, and then people wouldn't feel like they have to escape from it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You do realize there's an actual problem a lot of people have that goes way beyond it being another modern convenience? An addiction of sorts.

What the hell are you talking about?

Are you dependent on a toilet? Do you think you could figure out what to do if you didn't have one?

In this thread I learned apparently a lot of industries rely on peoples' personal property to get business done. I understand I'm never going to change it but I still don't agree with it. It probably happened because no one really questioned it in the beginning so they passed that expense onto the employee.

But there is in fact a problem with cellphones when I can't remember the last time I've come to a stoplight looking around and didn't see at least one person start looking at their phone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Your input is needed in this thread. I believe this is your area he's recommending.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/What-state-to-live-in...

View Quote

@Extorris

I just went and left a bit of info.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@Extorris
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your input is needed in this thread. I believe this is your area he's recommending.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/What-state-to-live-in...

@Extorris

Damn, didn't see that you moved.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#10]
We should probably do like Europe and identify where a kids strengths are and slot them towards a meaningful job early on.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]
But did they have Generation 3 Binos coupled with a COTI to bring them fusion goodness?

Ha losers
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You probably guessed,

Or got lucky -

View Quote

Exactly, everyone simply isn't smart enough to become a doctor, engineer, scientist, or programmer.  We need high quality jobs for average people.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Haven't read through the entire thread yet but I will say both generations have their advantages and disadvantages.

While were on the older side of millennials we are doing really well for ourselves.  I bought a house at 24 while we were still dating and paid it off at 33.  No I don't have some high super high paying job I just hate debt and also bought at the right time (2011) which helped.

A lot of my peers waste a shit ton of money on cars, eating out/coffee everyday.  While I do still owe like $7k on one of our cars at 0% I don't waste money on going out to eat all the time.  My coffee comes from the coffee pot at home not some libtards hands at Starbucks.

My wife and I basically have shaken off all of the millennial stereotypes besides the not having kids...for many reasons we don't and aren't having kids.
View Quote

Sounds like me and my wife, except we do have 4 kids.

However, i find that MOST millennial stereotypes arn't really based on reality. But i may hang in a better crowd than others.

Every millenial i know and am closely associated with lives extremely frugal lives. The ones that dont are mostly single chicks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ok boomer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet they all have $1400 smart phones and $150 a month data plans.

Ok boomer

Dude was right over the target, it is obvious when this is your only retort.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was once a gen X. They seem to be always shifting that goal post on me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When you can't argue the merits....

And covered in tattoos

Wife is on my ass because i have been wanting to finish mine off by getting my neck done. She loves the tattoos, but is always worried about what issues they may cause in the future. Boomer mentalitiy. My great grandpa was in the Marines and did some serious shit in the pacific in WW2. He had alot of tattoos for a man of his time. He was a huge influence on me, and i guess that probably where my interest in tattoos comes from.

Self employed, and apparently im doing well better than most boomers according to the numbers in these threads.

No Ragrets!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Exactly, everyone simply isn't smart enough to become a doctor, engineer, scientist, or programmer.  We need high quality jobs for average people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But I don't think that was the point being made.

The average IQ of an electrical or chemical engineer is about 1.5 sd above the mean.  Around the 95th percentile.  About the same as the average US MD school graduate.  And that's done your bread and butter undergrad with an EE or ChemE degree.  The guys going on for their Ph.D. In Engineering, Materials Science, etc. - the ones that are driving, pushing, advancing, technology are an average of a little over two above.  Around the 98th percentile.  And these are not the brilliant leaders in their field.

I know in GD plenty will chime in, about how a guy with a great work ethic and IQ of 90 will win out everyday against a guy with an IQ that half asses it and doesn't study as hard, etc.  But that is not how it plays out in real life.  Typically the 90 IQ guy that somehow ended up in an MD or engineering program will wash out or struggle to pass and not cut it no matter how hard they study and if they lose sleep and spend every waking moment trying.  The 130 guy is going to pass while Fing off half the time.  And excell and crush it if they put in serious effort.

So, let's look at a skilled trade.  An electrician plots out pretty strongly to a range of about 90-110 and the average pretty much between 100-105.  That still leaves about 25% of the population who aren't going to be electrician capable at best.  

Again, the whole "Anyone can do anything if they are motivated enough and work hard enough" is one of those lines repeated a ton but does not become true.  Learn to code?  Computer Science undergrad s getting their degree also average about 1.5 sd above the mean.

Back around the start of WWII about 5% of Americans had a four year degree.  Now it's over a third. And the average college graduate now has an IQ about 1.5 sd lower than then. About 85% of kids graduate HS or get their GED.   About three million kids graduate HS each year.  About two million of them start college.  Only about half of them will get their degree in four years.  If you add another year or two about 60% will.  Keep in mind a ton of those degrees will not be in a program, of a level of difficulty, etc. that was considered a college degree decades ago.  

You probably guessed,

Or inherited Dad's construction business,
Or got lucky -

Pay should be based off from skills and ease of replacement, not feels and social justice.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Some people have endured catastrophic events like their child needing a heart transplant or their spouse having a chronic condition that isn't covered by insurance. Shit happens.

Life, despite our best efforts, doesn't always pan out they way we want.

If you don't find yourself among those you questioned in your post...you need to celebrate your good fortune - and realize unforeseen things can change your good fortune in a heartbeat.

View Quote

SOME is key here. Not MOST.

SOME of us had to take care of end of life costs for our boomer parents that didnt plan ahead as well.

So its not just boomers taking care of deadbeat kids.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Props sir, proud homeowner at 33 cause I pounded down that mortgage to minimize risk.  Not as baller as you didn't pay cash but did pay it off in slightly under 9 years
View Quote

Ill be honest, i did well in real estate, and had mortgages on our first three houses. Wouldn't have the cash if we didn't have loans prior. But we always bought low priced fixer uppers in up and coming areas, and never enjoyed the houses once they were renovated. We flipped them to someone who wanted a finished house, and then moved onto another fixer upper. I have never really made what most here would consider a good wage. Just pinched pennies everywhere i could. For a long time we were "house poor" because we saw the long term benefit of real estate. Our end goal was always to get away from all debt as soon as possible.

I grew up in a single parent household and saw how my mom struggled with debt her whole life. I never wanted that for my kids.

Now we do have a lot of our money tied up into real estate, and not a lot of investments outside of it, but i have way more disposable income than i did, and i dont have to dip into my savings to enjoy some of the extras that we all want to enjoy in life.

Good on you man for paying that down in 9 years! I dont think we would have been able to without the previous house flips.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Damn, didn't see that you moved.
View Quote

Temporary. On a 5 year plan. Ill be off grid again, just this time in a place where i can wear flip flops and tank tops year round.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You probably guessed,

Or got lucky -

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You probably guessed,

Or got lucky -

There are lots of decent jobs that pay well that don't require phenomenal intelligence. We have a huge shortage of trades people, and while more intelligence always helps, I don't think you need to be in the top 25% to be a plumber. Or, for that matter, to start up a lawn care business. Or manage a McDonalds. And if you're really on the low end, there are still plenty of jobs in retail, warehousing, etc that pay $15/hr, which is plenty to live and retire on if you make otherwise good financial choices. And there's no reason for even really stupid people not to make good financial choices.

But that comes back to parenting and good education, we don't prepare people well. There's no reason why every kid in America shouldn't have to go through the steps of starting their own business before graduating high school. There's also no reason why we shouldn't make it much, much easier to start your own business. There's no reason why we don't teach basic financial responsibility early.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This rabbit hole aside, the original point was lotsa people get bizarrely defensive about their smartphone use. And that point has been well demonstrated here.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What jobs?

What are you people doing? No job I have ever worked has required a personal cellphone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boomers be mad a 700 dollar smart phone is required for even a basic job and "sorry no high speed internet" is an auto disqualifier for any job. Fast food included.

Fun thread though.
What jobs?

What are you people doing? No job I have ever worked has required a personal cellphone.
What happens when if your car breaks down or traffic is blocked due to an accident, and you can't call in? Over an hour late with no notice is a no call/no show at my workplace. Good luck keeping your job after that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Just bought a Galaxy S21+ and it cost me nothing with discounts.

Suck it boomers

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:13:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just bought a Galaxy S21+ and it cost me nothing with discounts.

Suck it boomers

View Quote

I got a free iphone 12 this year. I hate it. Wish they were offering the same deal on galaxy.

Only my second smart phone. I had a galaxy 6 since they came out.

I dont now any millenials that upgrade every year unless they are just huge techies. Same type of guys that constantly upgrade their gaming PC's once a year, have the latest and greatest surround sound, collect every gaming console, etc.

Most people have hobbies that they dont need to have. Im not gonna fault anyone that chooses tech as their hobby.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What happens when if your car breaks down or traffic is blocked due to an accident, and you can't call in? Over an hour late with no notice is a no call/no show at my workplace. Good luck keeping your job after that.
View Quote
Not at all what I'm asking...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Good on you man for paying that down in 9 years! I dont think we would have been able to without the previous house flips.

View Quote

Thanks.  The only downside to it all was the last payment was made in April of last year when all the panic buying started.  I wish I could have picked up a few more pistols, lowers and a bunch more reloading supplies at salad day prices.  Granted I did indulge in the salad days a little bit I just wish I could have gotten a few more things even at normal prices...not like I'm hurting though.  Hopefully it goes back to presalad days atleast by the end of the year...hoping.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Thread #87

@Foxnews_FTW
@HappyLife_NoWife
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I got a free iphone 12 this year. I hate it. Wish they were offering the same deal on galaxy.

Only my second smart phone. I had a galaxy 6 since they came out.

I dont now any millenials that upgrade every year unless they are just huge techies. Same type of guys that constantly upgrade their gaming PC's once a year, have the latest and greatest surround sound, collect every gaming console, etc.

Most people have hobbies that they dont need to have. Im not gonna fault anyone that chooses tech as their hobby.
View Quote

I have to trade in and buy the next phone every time.  I get a discount that makes it either free or $100ish.  If I don't do it, then my trade in loses value and I have to shell out more later.  I'm just lucky and have a great situation.   I'd never buy these phones if I had to actually pay for them.  Fuck that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#30]
edit
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Why would anyone pay cash for a house when interest rates are at all time lows?

View Quote

No shit.   A paid for house is a suckers bet these days.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Not a good long term trend. Obviously some of it is due to the millennials' own problems like picking stupid degrees, but a lot of it is the rotten fruit of our leaders selling out to foreign lobbies, be it China or India or Mexico.

https://www.newsweek.com/millennials-control-just-42-percent-us-wealth-4-times-poorer-baby-boomers-were-age-34-1537638
View Quote

Or maybe its boomer business owners requiring degrees for menial positions that dont really need one so the millenial just picks a bullshit degree?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#33]
edit
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#34]
My millennial son and every single one of his friends are doing quite well, much better off than I was at that age.  Even the ones that did not go to college.  Sounds like more fake news to me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
ITT: boomers being boomers
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You could take that group out and you'd still have the same issue. Lot of Americans being put into seats they shouldn't be in. College was a lot easier than high school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, what you’re saying is... we should definitely allow the unchecked import of the bottom half of the curve from every country that shares an interconnected land border with us. That will surely improve our economic situation.

But seriously, yes, we’ve completely shot ourselves in the foot (whether unintentionally or intentionally is irrelevant now, it’s done and not getting fixed) by disallowing the whole of our native population to be gainfully employed at their capacity in a sustainable way by adding an outside option that upsets the normal flow and is aggressively financially beneficial for business.

You could take that group out and you'd still have the same issue. Lot of Americans being put into seats they shouldn't be in. College was a lot easier than high school.

No argument from me. I drifted a bit outside the strictly college scope that he was discussing to a more holistic view of the national population. We have systemic problems that are very multifaceted and interconnected. That makes the understanding of it much more difficult because it does not fit into the soundbite attention span for most of the population.

governmental problems
cultural problems
educational problems
industrial/commercial problems

All of these various pillars of the western world are patched together and intertwined with cause/effects that can reach back over a century now that are bringing us to our current situation.

And it's never going to be unwound.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No argument from me. I drifted a bit outside the strictly college scope that he was discussing to a more holistic view of the national population. We have systemic problems that are very multifaceted and interconnected. That makes the understanding of it much more difficult because it does not fit into the soundbite attention span for most of the population.

governmental problems
cultural problems
educational problems
industrial/commercial problems

All of these various pillars of the western world are patched together and intertwined with cause/effects that can reach back over a century now that are bringing us to our current situation.

And it's never going to be unwound.
View Quote

It can.

Rule number 1. Don't lend credibility to leftists at all. EVER.

That means-stop confusing inflation with equity.
Muh property valuez? Funds degeneracy. Short dick the tax man.

That means-Don't do heavy lifting for them.
Muh noise ordinancez? Covers muzzle blast which is far louder than the kids music/loud exhaust. Kills backyard ranges and hunting.

That means-Stop pushing college on the kids.
Muh degreez? Alot of leftist fluff packed into core classes.
Want to undo that one? Do what I do. Don't require a degree. Grow your own productive proficient employees.
That piece of paper is not a guarantee of anything beyond a debt which can't be defaulted.

Basically most of what boomers held sacred? Has to stop.

Rule number 2.-Listen to the kids.
Muh nose to the grind stone! Be obedient? Never make problems with your teachers?
That's what gave snowflakes. No. You don't know what's best. You know fuck all of the curriculum or how it's presented.
Then act surprised your efforts yielded a useful idiot for the left.
Naive much?

Took 15 years for hannity to make it a talking point. Now ya'll squawk public schools and colleges are leftist indoctrination centers?
Oh how convienent. Some of us tried like hell to warn what was coming years ago. But hey. What did we know...
Besides. Planned parenthood can't take the class skank to get an abortion without her parents knowledge or consent...you're making that one up.
until the beans were spilled on that one too.

Rule 3. Stop being complacent.
This covers their business their rules with no stipulations.
Their business, their rules works for them. And them only. Remember the bakery had to bake the Queers a cake...
AWS/GoDaddy ring a bell?
Now do you fuckers believe me when I say there's such a thing as corporate commies?
Surely principled conservatives don't hold a monopoly on employment... they wouldn't doxx, shit can, black list fellow conservatives now would they?
Muh jobz Muh familyz liberals/commies don't have jobs or families.
Good way to justify staying home getting fat far and away from their plotting planning and implementation of degeneracy.

You really think that line offends liberals? It doesnt. They laugh at that notion. Hell they use their kids as props with think of the childrenz! Muh environment and such.

They are thrilled you believe they don't have jobs or families. Keeps you on your dead lazy asses and away entirely from the political process from local town/city levels, on up the county, state and federal level.

What we have is an uphill battle that's damn near vertical. It absolutely can be stopped, even reversed, and peacefully so.
Our opposition claims to be of facts and science in one breath, and tells us gender is like Baskin Robin's in the next.
They claim the intellectual superiority and moral high ground too.
Such intellectuals that cheer when a nuclear reactor is decommissioned and tell us solar and wind is the future. Now does that sound fucking intellectual to you?
Moral high ground? From an ideology that praises abortion?
Get the fuck out

How many more examples do you need that these supercilious cunts are brainlets that have to use turbofaggotry media crafted buzzphrases and buzzwords to get you bend the knee or else you're a phobosisticismist bigot, now domestic terrorist with no fact or science to back their claim up.

That's what we are losing to. It's so sad and so fucking funny because these retards actually believe this shit and ya'll enable them by not challenging them or calling them out on their shit. Afterall. There's a politician to do that for you afterall... not like they'll throw you under the bus to further their political careers at the expense of our rights and taxes...

Time to do work. We can be the change we seek. If we want it. Or. We can keep doing the same stupid shit and expect different results...
Choice is ours. You want to put all of your eggs and futures eggs in a politicians basket? Don't cunt and cry when they've been compromised to appease shit heel authoritariand.
You want to believe they don't have jobs or families? Don't cunt and cry when they've transformed your AO into a leftist appeasing cesspool ripe in degeneracy, high taxes, and higher crime.
You want to believe they actually educate and produce proficient capable independent kids? Don't cunt and cry when they've become useless retarded hyper emotional snowflakes.
You want to believe their business their rules with no regard to employee and patrons rights? Don't cunt and cry when you've been arrested for exercising your rights to keep and bear arms on their property. Don't bitch when they've doxxed you and you got shit canned for having a contrarian opinion. Off the clock, and off company property.

Best start seeing the errors in our ways and start putting in work or mark my words.
It will be the United Socialist States of Amerika.

Start using your words and your balls. Or enjoy your liberal degenerate overlords.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He's not wrong. And boomers, when they were young, tended to drive used cars well into their late 30s or 40's. They didn't go out and buy a new car right after they graduated college and had debt.
View Quote

Have you seen the price for used cars? Boomer cash for clunkers policy...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The reality is the bottom half of this country is not doing well, relatively speaking.

And I'm guessing they're not strongly voting Republican.

It's an issue worth examining, at least.
View Quote

And the answer to that is restricting immigration to help create labor price pressure, and that’s never going to happen again because the guy who did was set upon by everyone’s corporate interests.

Funny, when it was tried for three years it seemed successful.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not wrong. And boomers, when they were young, tended to drive used cars well into their late 30s or 40's. They didn't go out and buy a new car right after they graduated college and had debt.

Right, cash for clunkers is a big fat nothing at this point due to how long ago it happened. For a couple years it skewed the market for cheaper well used vehicles but by now, it means nothing.

The price for new cars is what is skewing the used car market nowadays.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You probably guessed,

Or got lucky -

Unfortunately.
Yep,
Our legal immigration, illegal immigration, and refugees are heavily weighted towards the low performing scale and disproportionately limit import of high end, net producer immigrants.
This unskilled labor at a level an American family man can’t get by on.  So we have cheaper fruits, berries, lawn care, concrete pools, and roofs.  But it costs us far, far more in property taxes/schools, insurance,  un recoup able medical expenditures,  benefits to non citizens, etc.

Skilled, legal immigration is mainly aimed at STEM degree positions to keep down wages for US grads, or get doctors in areas that are undesirable and they don’t want to pay to get US grads there.

Then the government pays people not to work so essentially you need a 60K a year job to live like someone with housing and Medicaid, etc. on SSDI or welfare.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:07:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But it is. I don't need a phone to do my job. But every job I've had it's been expected you have the availability to call in. I work in manufacturing, if someone doesn't show up unexpectedly it fucks over everyone else.

If there's a lay off, guess who's at the top of the list? The guy who showed up an hour late with no notice because cell phones are for pussies!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Pay should be based off from skills and ease of replacement, not feels and social justice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The average IQ of an electrical or chemical engineer is about 1.5 sd above the mean.  Around the 95th percentile.  About the same as the average US MD school graduate.  And that's done your bread and butter undergrad with an EE or ChemE degree.  The guys going on for their Ph.D. In Engineering, Materials Science, etc. - the ones that are driving, pushing, advancing, technology are an average of a little over two above.  Around the 98th percentile.  And these are not the brilliant leaders in their field.

I know in GD plenty will chime in, about how a guy with a great work ethic and IQ of 90 will win out everyday against a guy with an IQ that half asses it and doesn't study as hard, etc.  But that is not how it plays out in real life.  Typically the 90 IQ guy that somehow ended up in an MD or engineering program will wash out or struggle to pass and not cut it no matter how hard they study and if they lose sleep and spend every waking moment trying.  The 130 guy is going to pass while Fing off half the time.  And excell and crush it if they put in serious effort.

So, let's look at a skilled trade.  An electrician plots out pretty strongly to a range of about 90-110 and the average pretty much between 100-105.  That still leaves about 25% of the population who aren't going to be electrician capable at best.  

Again, the whole "Anyone can do anything if they are motivated enough and work hard enough" is one of those lines repeated a ton but does not become true.  Learn to code?  Computer Science undergrad s getting their degree also average about 1.5 sd above the mean.

Back around the start of WWII about 5% of Americans had a four year degree.  Now it's over a third. And the average college graduate now has an IQ about 1.5 sd lower than then. About 85% of kids graduate HS or get their GED.   About three million kids graduate HS each year.  About two million of them start college.  Only about half of them will get their degree in four years.  If you add another year or two about 60% will.  Keep in mind a ton of those degrees will not be in a program, of a level of difficulty, etc. that was considered a college degree decades ago.  

You probably guessed,

Or got lucky -

I am not saying to pay a roofer the same as a civil engineer.
I am saying if we cracked down on illegal labor,
stopped letting baby mama not put baby daddy on the birth certificate, while she collects welfare, EBT, section 8, and Medicaid pumping out 87 IQ kids while baby sits in the couch drinking 40s and smoking weed all day,
and stopped letting 5% of Americans be on SSDI when about 1% are legit,
We would prevent under the table super low wages from driving down entry level, unskilled worker pay and stop hemorrhaging out benefits.  And cut our extra insurance bills for uninsured motorists.  And stop clogging up our ERs and medical system with non paying non citizens.  And keep 500 non citizen kids from overstuffed trailers and apartments with owners  paying a total of 20K in property taxes a year from ruining a school system with 500 citizen kids whose homeowners are paying a total 2 million in property taxes a year.

And I am not saying to pay a US engineer or MD twice as much just because.  I’m saying it’s better for America that the US ones get paid what they are worth on the US market, not less so the savings are split up for executive bonuses while the H1Bs fly every possible relative over with liver  failure,  kidney failure, heart failure, and cancer and dump them in the nearest ER to get in the medical system and never pay and clog everything up.

I want nothing to do with paying out a ton of benefits to illegal immigrants, legal immigrants, refugees, and non working citizens.

I can live with working, low end job citizens having some basic supplement to benefits.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
But it is. I don't need a phone to do my job. But every job I've had it's been expected you have the availability to call in. I work in manufacturing, if someone doesn't show up unexpectedly it fucks over everyone else.

If there's a lay off, guess who's at the top of the list? The guy who showed up an hour late with no notice because cell phones are for pussies!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it's not.

This part in red is what I was asking.

I'm not asking if you have a way to contact your boss if your car breaks down.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

stopped letting baby mama not put baby daddy on the birth certificate, while she collects welfare, EBT, section 8, and Medicaid pumping out 87 IQ kids while baby sits in the couch drinking 40s and smoking weed all day,
We would prevent under the table super low wages from driving down entry level, unskilled worker pay and stop hemorrhaging out benefits.  And cut our extra insurance bills for uninsured motorists.  And stop clogging up our ERs and medical system with non paying non citizens.  And keep 500 non citizen kids from overstuffed trailers and apartments with owners  paying a total of 20K in property taxes a year from ruining a school system with 500 citizen kids whose homeowners are paying a total 2 million in property taxes a year.

And I am not saying to pay a US engineer or MD twice as much just because.  I’m saying it’s better for America that the US ones get paid what they are worth on the US market, not less so the savings are split up for executive bonuses while the H1Bs fly every possible relative over with liver  failure,  kidney failure, heart failure, and cancer and dump them in the nearest ER to get in the medical system and never pay and clog everything up.

I want nothing to do with paying out a ton of benefits to illegal immigrants, legal immigrants, refugees, and non working citizens.

I can live with working, low end job citizens having some basic supplement to benefits.
View Quote

Explain UTI/Wyotech cranking out retards that can't fix a sandwich let alone a vehicle.

As far as medical? Left owns it and McCain died being a shit bird and not repealing it in its entirety.
The minute it was modeled after car insurance with deductibles having to be met? Arbitrary "out of network" declarations?
Was the moment they revealed they were true corporate commies that had enough retards willing to vote themselves into poverty based off of feelz.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Ok Oregon.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
LOL, the Boomers brought this country to her knees.....
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:05:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You probably guessed,

Or got lucky -

I could agree on the low skilled part. For highly skilled labor not so much. Companies go where there are talent. We need a lot more in the US. I’d be fine with raising the H1B salary limit, but the more smart, hard working people we import the better. If you want to keep those high paying industries in the US anyway.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Millenial here.  My ex-wife and I were doing great until she decided she wanted a divorce.  We made a combined $300k, although she was the main breadwinner (lawyer).  I didn't do so great in the divorce and now I live by myself, I'm barely getting by, and the credit card debt I inherited as part of the divorce is piling up fast.  I'm a very underpaid public school district IT employee.  Been trying to find a higher-paying job elsewhere in my specialty for over a year...lots of interviews, but no luck yet.  Hopefully something comes through soon.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
No it's not.

This part in red is what I was asking.

I'm not asking if you have a way to contact your boss if your car breaks down.
View Quote
What's the difference? Sure you don't need a phone for your job, but when you can't do your job and need a phone let them know? What then?
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top