BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just to piss of everyone talking about the car, LS SWAP!
View Quote

I was thinking more along the lines of this 2jz swap.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

SS will go up simply because it's a huge voter group and boomers don't tend to go out for burgers anyways. Plus, we can actually cook more then ramen noodles and hot water. [well, some of us can anyways]

However, means testing WILL be coming.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boomers are going to pay the most pretty soon. It’s gonna be hard to make that SS check stretch all month, when a cheeseburger costs $17.

$15/hr minimum wage ain’t no joke.

And lol at anyone who thinks SS payments will ever increase.

SS will go up simply because it's a huge voter group and boomers don't tend to go out for burgers anyways. Plus, we can actually cook more then ramen noodles and hot water. [well, some of us can anyways]

However, means testing WILL be coming.

Lol and this is the stubbornness that is doing boomers in.

Your whole take away from my post is that there’s nothing to worry about, because boomers don’t eat burgers or ramen noodles. Oh, and voting matters now!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

watch how the dummy in the old car flings all about compared to the dummy in the new car.  If that were a real person, he'd be all sorts of fucked up.

That is, if he survived the collapsing of the dashboard into him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've literally published the tests to try to convince people...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_r5UJrxcck

But muh real steel

watch how the dummy in the old car flings all about compared to the dummy in the new car.  If that were a real person, he'd be all sorts of fucked up.

That is, if he survived the collapsing of the dashboard into him.

I was in a pretty significant crash in a new, lightweight car.  The other car that hit me in an offset frontal was going so fast that my skid marks went *backwards* for 40 feet before I hit something that stopped me.

The crumple zone of my car crumpled.  The space-frame around the cabin kept ANY damage from entering the cabin space.  The airbag did its job marvelously.  Really my only injury was a very small cut on my arm that I have absolutely no idea where it came from.

New car design is cool.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Judging from the amount of ASS-HURT that has ensued from my comment on phones and data plans...it appears I was spot on correct.
View Quote

Yep, learned long ago that some folks get real defensive when you start criticizing their tech dependence. I can't decide if it's bizarre, comical or tragic.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:23:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bet they all have $1400 smart phones and $150 a month data plans.
View Quote

I did a little poking around, and if this source is correct, the costs of the top 5 selling phones in the U.S. are
$600, $400, $1000, $120, $500. Number 1 was 15% of the market, and total that is about 40% of the U.S. market

https://www.counterpointresearch.com/top-5-smartphone-model-share-8-countries/

Where are all these $1400 phones bought yearly? I know exactly one person who almost always buys the newest iphone model every year.
They're not rolling in dough, but they can afford it. There's no doubt that lots of people pay a premium to buy apple (for whatever reasons), but
apple's line isn't just these 1k+ phones

from 2015

for the overwhelming majority of people, it seems to be at least 2 years

So to make up a hypothetical, let's say average person has own any kind of smart phone for 12 years, and they upgrade every 2 years.
Using the $600 figure, they spent $3600 over those 12 years vs. $1800 if they averaged $300/phone.

That's a decent chunk of change, but it isn't the difference between owning a house and not. Am I going to have to go through stats for every muhllenial myth
and deboonk them? Does every boomer watch sex and the city on netflix and assume every young person lives like that?  
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Imagine being 65 and only having $18,000 in the bank lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boomers should be lecturing precisely nobody on financial responsibility, as only 25% of boomers are prepared to retire in spite of the government and Fed literally doing everything to prop boomers up. The median boomer has only $150k saved for retirement, and they are entirely dependent on unsustainable pensions and propped up asset values, hence why the Fed has to bail them out in the form of artificially low interest rates and QE to prop up their home and pension values as well as to enable the federal govt to continue running massive deficits to fund over $2 trillion in annual spending for Medicare and social security alone.

This does little to actually help their financial situation as it make the average financially imprudent boomers feel wealthier than they really are. They take advantage of the Fed's welfare by going out and taking on more liabilities like buying a new Mercedes or a HELOC to upgrade their home.

Because the Fed has artificially boosted asset prices, young people entering the market for assets right now have to work that much harder to afford assets that are at all time record highs while incomes haven't gone up in tandem. They also have to be wary of the fact that they are buying into a massive bubble.

If the Fed wasn't propping up the equity and real estate markets for the boomers, boomers would be even more broke than they are now.

Imagine living through the most prolonged period of economic expansion and only having $150k saved between all your assets. Pathetic.

Now everyone else has to suffer for boomer's failure to prepare for their retirement. But by all means, lecture people on owning smartphones and eating avocado toast.

https://i.imgur.com/Pto2FNh.png

Imagine being 65 and only having $18,000 in the bank lol.

That's what I was thinking and 50k in their homes? Are their houses really not paid off? How do you only have 50k in your house with the real estate inflation we've had and an entire lifetime to pay it off?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:34:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Boomers at 34 had a mortgage, utilities, car payment, and a phone bill. Maybe a newspaper or magazine subscription or two. A night out was once a week, lunch was brought to work. Minor home repairs were mostly handled by them.

Millenials have all that and credit cards, internet, cable tv, cell phone, pandora, netflix, disney+, Hulu, satellite radio, XYZ of the month club. Easily a couple hundred dollars a month in recurring debt when you are at a point in your life where you are trying to get your shit together career and family wise. Don't forget the $5/day for coffee,  $15/day for lunch and $30-40 a night dining out or Uber eats. Also, almost every Millenial I know has a new car every 5 years, latest tv, phone, gaming system and computer and they pay people off Craigslist to do the most minor of home repair tasks.
View Quote

Yep. Lotsa discretionary expenses that sensible budgeting would defer. YOLO and FOMO are expensive.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:39:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I did a little poking around, and if this source is correct, the costs of the top 5 selling phones in the U.S. are
$600, $400, $1000, $120, $500. Number 1 was 15% of the market, and total that is about 40% of the U.S. market

Where are all these $1400 phones bought yearly? I know exactly one person who almost always buys the newest iphone model every year.
They're not rolling in dough, but they can afford it. There's no doubt that lots of people pay a premium to buy apple (for whatever reasons), but

from 2015
https://i.imgur.com/pXFBT9q.jpg  

So to make up a hypothetical, let's say average person has own any kind of smart phone for 12 years, and they upgrade every 2 years.
Using the $600 figure, they spent $3600 over those 12 years vs. $1800 if they averaged $300/phone.

That's a decent chunk of change, but it isn't the difference between owning a house and not. Am I going to have to go through stats for every muhllenial myth
and deboonk them? Does every boomer watch sex and the city on netflix and assume every young person lives like that?  
View Quote

Not only that, but the best data plan in my area costs $55 a month.

"but muh cable tv"
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:40:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

More millennials save money than boomers at the same age points; and they save proportionally more of it.

But you don't want to hear that saving 10% or 30% more is not enough to make up for lower compensation or more costly large purchases.
View Quote

And at point nothing interest, that doesn't keep up with inflation, they should be rich by retirement...............
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:48:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

from 2015

View Quote

I'd be really surprised if it's that much.

Most people I know buy a year or two old model for $0-100 every other year. We pay $100 for four lines.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:58:52 AM EDT
[#11]
My godson falls smack into this category. He went to college and got a degree in Electrical Engineering. He rents an expensive place, has the latest toys, but doesn't own a car using Ubers. In his three years out of college he's travelled the world. He wants experiences, not stuff. He owns no assets and doesn't have a two nickels to rub until this year during the pandemic. All of a sudden he's earning piles of cash with nothing to do. His dad who is a Treasurer for a F500 company convinces him to invest in the stock market.

Well guess who has finally seen the light when his Amazon and Netflix shares pop 3-5X cost basis.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:59:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Cell phones are pretty much expected for employees now seems dumb to debate. I guess the best way to explain it to boomers would be to consider it like a lawn mower, everyone gets one at 12 and uses it to make money.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:04:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You do you. However i feel sorry for your family if you leave them to have to deal with your debt after your gone.

I haven't had a mortgage payment in over 5 years. And ill never have one again for the rest of my life. Im 38, so hopefully that's a long time. We have way more disposable income than we had when we had a mortgage.

Are you also pro student debt?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless you're uninsurable there are much better ways to take care of a family. No way I would want my liquidity tied up in a house. A 30 year mortgage makes a lot more sense for someone that knows how to manage their assets, so its not the horrible thing you keep making it out to be.

You do you. However i feel sorry for your family if you leave them to have to deal with your debt after your gone.

I haven't had a mortgage payment in over 5 years. And ill never have one again for the rest of my life. Im 38, so hopefully that's a long time. We have way more disposable income than we had when we had a mortgage.

Are you also pro student debt?

Yup wait until you have all your assets invested and an event like last March takes years to recover.    Oops
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:05:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Each generation seems to turn it's back on God more and more.

Also, without a father and mother who care for the children in the home, the outcomes will be less than previous generations who were raised by caring father and mother.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:07:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:19:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't care.

At all.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:24:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:25:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Pointless beat to death
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:26:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:27:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Edit: See chart below.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:28:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And here is a really great question for all the Boomers out there; if Millenials and Gen Z have it so "good" - why do they commit themselves to self-checkout at the highest rate in history?

Do you think it might have to do with being perpetually lied to, conned out of a life, and ground into misery? Mostly at the behest of corporatism and boomers who pad their savings account on the backs of their children and grandchildren?
View Quote

That is a good point. There are probably one hundred reasons, but three I will suggest that apply to men: they are more likely to be raised by single moms, so don't know how to live life as men, they are more likely to be spiritually empty, and they are more likely to be treated poorly by women than men were 50 years ago.

I don't think it's an economic issue, it's a moral and social issue.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:29:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

from 2015

View Quote

I know 1 guy that gets the newest phone as soon as it's available every 6-18 months, but that's his thing. He genuinely loves electronics, gadgets, and similar stuff. Not that much different than people sinking money into cars, boats, or guns

Everyone else I can think of is in the 2-4 year group, myself included. I think I ran my S6 pretty close to 4 years before it took a shit, but even then the battery was getting pretty bad.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:40:01 AM EDT
[#23]
19-24 year old average is $94,000? The average? What am I missing here? Trust funds kicking in or something?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:42:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
19-24 year old average is $94,000? The average? What am I missing here? Trust funds kicking in or something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Probably Zoomer BTC and TSLA investors. They're in control.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:46:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Cell phones are pretty much expected for employees now seems dumb to debate. I guess the best way to explain it to boomers would be to consider it like a lawn mower, everyone gets one at 12 and uses it to make money.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:48:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yup wait until you have all your assets invested and an event like last March takes years to recover.    Oops
View Quote

It's a mistake to have all your assets in one asset class, that is why you diversify.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:49:00 AM EDT
[#27]
The other thread says Boomers have no retirement savings Millennials must really be broke.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:51:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The other thread says Boomers have no retirement savings Millennials must really be broke.
View Quote

I like how there's three concurrent threads going. "Millennials are Poor", "Boomers are Poor", and "GenX played Nintendo". It really says it all without even having to read the threads.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:06:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So, your belief is adults have no free will and are incapable of learning anything that wasn't spoon fed to them in their formative years by their parents?

If I were a millennial that would probably offend me.
Of course you can't be the smartest person in the room, and a brainless lemming at the same time, so you're kind of putting folks in a box there.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/The_Rock_Applause-169.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boomers trying to blame millennials for their failing is funny.

When reality is boomers guided / marketed / told millennials what to do, what to buy, where to go, etc.

So, your belief is adults have no free will and are incapable of learning anything that wasn't spoon fed to them in their formative years by their parents?

If I were a millennial that would probably offend me.
Of course you can't be the smartest person in the room, and a brainless lemming at the same time, so you're kind of putting folks in a box there.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/The_Rock_Applause-169.gif

No boxes.

Just a realist.

If you take the average person you know, 50% of the people out there are dumber.

So yea, marketing works on them. Yeah, getting told “xyz is bad” works.  Yeah, going through an educational process for ~50% of their lives, that molds them in a certain way, is going to work.

Our teachers for the most part were boomers.

Our politicians are boomers.

We were taught to “listen to our elders.”

So, no. I’m not the smartest person in the room.  I’m just pointing out the obvious.  That the majority of what people learn, does come from the ~18+ years millennials spent in school. And the majority of them will listen to the marketing that is crafted for them.

Why? Again, see “average.”

But hey. Shove blame off to someone else if you want. Don’t mind the fact boomers have been in political power now for ~30 years or so... And we now have another in office.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:30:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

i got my first lawn mower job by walking into the local lawn mower factory, looking the lawn mower straight in the eye and giving it a firm handshake
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:35:44 AM EDT
[#31]
They are not willing to work
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:12:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I noticed that too...and didn't have a good explanation.  Now I think the chart creator jacked up some of the data from the source (The 2019 Federal Reserve's Survey of Consumer Finances).  

https://dqydj.com/net-worth-by-age-calculator-united-states/

Here's a chart from that data, albeit less easy to read with no fancy bars.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:16:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't care.

At all.

View Quote

The reality is the bottom half of this country is not doing well, relatively speaking.

And I'm guessing they're not strongly voting Republican.

It's an issue worth examining, at least.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:18:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Probably Zoomer BTC and TSLA investors. They're in control.
View Quote

That data was from late 2019 and early 2020.  Before either went for a major moon shot.

But those have definitely made a few millionaires.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:26:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There is extreme wealth concentrated in the top tenth of a percent of the population.
Half of the population has no income tax requirements and/or receives benefits.

So the median and the average are quite different.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:33:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I noticed that too...and didn't have a good explanation.  Now I think the chart creator jacked up some of the data from the source (The 2019 Federal Reserve's Survey of Consumer Finances).  

https://dqydj.com/net-worth-by-age-calculator-united-states/

Here's a chart from that data, albeit less easy to read with no fancy bars.

https://i.ibb.co/NjzfhDs/Net-Worth-Data.png

View Quote
Those numbers seem to make a little more sense. Not entirely sure what "25%, 75%, and 90% net worth by age breakpoints" are.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:39:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The reality is the bottom half of this country is not doing well, relatively speaking.

And I'm guessing they're not strongly voting Republican.

It's an issue worth examining, at least.
View Quote
Fucked up families with coddled kids being told they are the most special and they only need to go to college and everything will be ok with no concept of what interest means on a loan for some bullshit degree at a liberal indoctrination camp and now they're sad that they can't buy all the stuff they want?  

And democrats will buy the votes.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:43:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Those numbers seem to make a little more sense. Not entirely sure what "25%, 75%, and 90% net worth by age breakpoints" are.

View Quote

Percentiles.

So, at my age, 46, 25% of Americans are worth less than $20K, and 25% are worth more than $450K, and half are between those two numbers, with a median at $164K.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:13:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Percentiles.

So, at my age, 46, 25% of Americans are worth less than $20K, and 25% are worth more than $450K, and half are between those two numbers, with a median at $164K.
View Quote
Ok thanks. That's not so good.

According to that site I'm in the top 2%.

I can't say I've never had any help because I have. More than most I'm sure. From my boomer parents. I had college taken care of but I went to an in state school. But I also know what I've done. I got a degree that meant something and had a job before graduation. I know what I've spent and saved, gotten and gone without, the budget I have and what I've worked for. I've never had crazy high paying jobs but I've definitely done ok and been comfortable.

I don't feel like anyone ever lied to me or took anything from me or held me back (boomer or otherwise) if anything I've only held myself back with being content.

It's probably something I'll never really understand but there does seem to be a problem, though I'm not sure most of it isn't self inflicted.
I don't see how a lot of those numbers are so low among home owners with combined incomes.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:40:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

from 2015

View Quote
I run my phones until they break, and I don't mean "muh porn's loading too slow!", I  mean they won't turn on at all. On a $45/month plan used primarilly by, and marketed to illegals also. Cell providers offer enough upgrade incentives now that you can typically upgrade every generation and not pay nearly what the full retail price would be, provided you accept terms and conditions.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:55:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Most boomers wren't saddled with $50,000 college debt and had spent more time working and earning a living.  Boomers tended to start work earlier, work in less well paid jobs and have less money to spend. You can also blame the onset of the credit era, instant gratification, expensive tech fashion and a whole range of other spending patterns and economic factors that have seen a shift in relative wealth.

The differences can be discussed at length.

However, don't mistake this for genuine concern only.....it is a common constructed narrative aimed at furthering socialist causes.

The idea is well documented that you pitch the younger voters agains the rest by building a culture of blame whereby the younger generations blame the older generations for all that has gone wrong and then subscribe to policies aimed at stripping the boomers of their wealth.

"The old people did this to you but if you vote for us we will make it different with a new world order" - blame culture and a bent narrative.

Think of Obama's "you didn't build that" narrative - it was all about starting up the narrative that what you have you didn't earn.

Then there is the new nightmare utopian narrative of "you will have nothing and b happy"

It is a way of ushering in a sanctioned range of policies for higher taxation, asset stripping of the older generations, and stripping them of their wealth in the name of "fairness".

In effect it merely strips the boomers of what they have earned for themselves over decades of work, and giving it to the state.   A way of effectively allowing significant taxation of inheritance.

Someone is going to have to pay for all this free money the Govt is giving out and service that enormous national debt and they see the transfer of wealth.  It won't be the ones who spent it, that's for certain.

Classic politics of envy bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:04:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Most boomers wren't saddled with $50,000 college debt and had spent more time working and earning a living.  Boomers tended to start work earlier, work in less well paid jobs and have less money to spend. You can also blame the onset of the credit era, instant gratification, expensive tech fashion and a whole range of other spending patterns and economic factors that have seen a shift in relative wealth.

The differences can be discussed at length.

However, don't mistake this for genuine concern only.....it is a common constructed narrative aimed at furthering socialist causes.

The idea is well documented that you pitch the younger voters agains the rest by building a culture of blame whereby the younger generations blame the older generations for all that has gone wrong and then subscribe to policies aimed at stripping the boomers of their wealth.

"The old people did this to you but if you vote for us we will make it different with a new world order" - blame culture and a bent narrative.

Think of Obama's "you didn't build that" narrative - it was all about starting up the narrative that what you have you didn't earn.

Then there is the new nightmare utopian narrative of "you will have nothing and b happy"

It is a way of ushering in a sanctioned range of policies for higher taxation, asset stripping of the older generations, and stripping them of their wealth in the name of "fairness".

In effect it merely strips the boomers of what they have earned for themselves over decades of work, and giving it to the state.   A way of effectively allowing significant taxation of inheritance.

Someone is going to have to pay for all this free money the Govt is giving out and service that enormous national debt and they see the transfer of wealth.  It won't be the ones who spent it, that's for certain.

Classic politics of envy bullshit.
View Quote

Wait.  You've come to the USA just before we start our civil war?  

Brave soul

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:09:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Most boomers wren't saddled with $50,000 college debt...
View Quote

I'm on the border of Gen X and Millenial.  Graduated college with zero debt.  Between scholarships and working summers, it wasn't difficult at the time.

Now, just 15-20 years later?  That case appears to be very rare.  And I'm not sure how this trend changes.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:18:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ahh more like $50,000/year+ at some of these places.... That's what my sisters was at the time. It's gone up another 20% since then.

I was like 10-12K/year.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:23:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm on the border of Gen X and Millenial.  Graduated college with zero debt.  Between scholarships and working summers, it wasn't difficult at the time.

Now, just 15-20 years later?  That case appears to be very rare.  And I'm not sure how this trend changes.

https://www.lynalden.com/wp-content/uploads/student-loan-economic-bubble-2018.jpg
View Quote
It's the ease of loans. Colleges know kids can get this money so they keep increasing prices. It's absolutely insane. And I don't know if a lot of them really understand what they're signing. Hell a lot of adults don't understand compound interest And how much that will actually cost them.

That's more than my mortgage at a significantly higher rate. Maybe even with penalties for early payment.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yep, learned long ago that some folks get real defensive when you start criticizing their tech dependence. I can't decide if it's bizarre, comical or tragic.
View Quote

I really like shitting in an indoor flushing toilet. Is that tech dependence? I just got some nifty insulation for my house. Is that tech dependence? I used a chainsaw to cut down a dead tree this weekend. Is that tech dependence? I took antibiotics for a sinus infection last year. Was that tech dependence?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:48:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Are these complaints by young adults regarding their born-to-disadvantage status a call for reparations for white communists?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:56:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I really like shitting in an indoor flushing toilet. Is that tech dependence? I just got some nifty insulation for my house. Is that tech dependence? I used a chainsaw to cut down a dead tree this weekend. Is that tech dependence? I took antibiotics for a sinus infection last year. Was that tech dependence?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do realize there's an actual problem a lot of people have that goes way beyond it being another modern convenience? An addiction of sorts.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:20:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I lived off grid for the last 5 years in the middle of no where in Idaho. Building my own cabin out of raw timber from my own land.
View Quote

Your input is needed in this thread. I believe this is your area he's recommending.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/What-state-to-live-in...

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Options today are barely over minimum wage with no benefits or pension.
View Quote

You can still find jobs with benefits and pensions, they're just jobs a lot of people don't want.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top