Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
In a year this will mostly be over with esp with the end of COVID19.
Two years probably more salad days esp after midterms and a bunch of people in major CC debt or passed away in their scooters.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I just did an inventory of my ammo and I really wish I had more 9mm.

Not going to pay $1/rd for it though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fuck the Cali governor, AG, bulk of the state legislature & the majority of the voting populace that support(ed) them...
View Quote

I have sold ammo to people in California and I'll do it again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:18:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Never sell anything here, you will never get street value for it.
Guys on these sites are too cheap to pay.
Advertise local and do FTF cash; lots of buyers.
View Quote

I live in West Texas so very few FTF prospects.  Everyone is in DFW it seems.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

True for ammo in my experience. For accessories, parts and reloading components the EE works great.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Send me an IM, I have a set of Pacific Durachrome .44 Spl/Mag dies I'll send you for free...just pay shipping.
View Quote

Well played sir !
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:24:44 PM EDT
[#7]
You know that crossed my mind every time I've met someone to sell primers. I've sold nearly all 30k of my primer stash. I'm doing the bullets and brass next. I'll unlikely sell everything but my brass ammo.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:28:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope you are right bro  but this time the dems are coming guns blazing. They will throw everything from registrations, bans to taxes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:28:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I reconned a LGS thinking I might possibly sell some M193 ammo. They were selling 100 rd packs of Winchester M855 for $115+tax every few minutes.  They were also selling 9mm for $50/box.  The racks were full of ARs and the shelves were full of pistols which was surprising. They had a small sampling of almost every type of ammo but prices were very high as I expected.

I ran over to Cabela's to check their inventory levels.  No ammo except for 28 ga., a couple of boxes of 6.5C, .458, some other oddballs.  Only visible ebr was a $4k SCAR.  The pistol shelves were 90% bare.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I came across a guy selling 140 rounds of 556 for $75. I jumped on it. He was about 30 minutes from me. He said I’ll throw in an extra 20 rounds if you come to me.

I jumped in my company car with the paid-for gasoline and maintenance and hauled ass over there.

$.47/rd was a steal
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you have decent sporting goods stores you can definitely hustle and get it for less.   This week I got a 200 round pack of Fiocchi 9mm for $0.38/round which is the most I have paid for FMJ 9mm during gunpocalypse.
View Quote

Makes me wonder just what kind of profit the ammo companies/distributors are making if you could find it at .038 per round at a dealer.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I hope you are right bro  but this time the dems are coming guns blazing. They will throw everything from registrations, bans to taxes.
View Quote

Doubtful, there are at least two D senators who are highly (Manchin, Tester) unlikely to vote for any gun control (they didnt in 2013).  All you have to worry about is will the Rs hold the line.
Plus a 6-3 SCOTUS.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Only the Poors humble brag about selling ammo lol.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:34:32 PM EDT
[#14]
And I thought Eley Tenex was expensive.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#15]
WTF, my LGS has 9mm on the shelf for $0.60, and I don't see anybody lining up for it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Doubtful, there are at least two D senators who are highly (Manchin, Tester) unlikely to vote for any gun control (they didnt in 2013).  All you have to worry about is will the Rs hold the line.
Plus a 6-3 SCOTUS.
View Quote

Manchin will do what he is told to do by Schumer.  Don’t count on him.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:37:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I would offload 2k rounds of 9mm at a dollar per round.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Only the Poors humble brag about selling ammo lol.
View Quote
Maybe I'm poor, but selling ammo bought my M16, SCARs, Desert Tech, FS2000, Stribog and several others.

Maybe you're too rich to worry about that kind of money.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's amazing how much slower you shoot when you think about current replacement cost, ha
View Quote

Nope... machine gun n Dillon650 go bbbbrrrrrrrrrr.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:42:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I have the feeling the lead molds for .38/.357 I inherited are going to come in handy.  Manufacture some black powder.  Just need to figure out the primer situation.  

Was at Academy today.   The ammo has been long gone and the gun racks were bare..  Only bolt actions and a few Over and Under shotguns.  Still revolvers and a few 1911s.   The only glock was the P80 commemorative.

Armslist isn't accepting new accounts.  Where is everyone finding these suckers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:43:10 PM EDT
[#21]
People are scared. They are afraid that the government is coming for them. Coming for their family. Fear is the greatest motivator and stimuli. They will pay for security which is what ammo is. It's a security blanket.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Two years probably more salad days esp after midterms and a bunch of people in major CC debt or passed away in their scooters.
View Quote

Lol, I love the optimism.  

The next manufactured crisis is well on its way, things will only get worse....
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:56:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I JUST sold my last ~ 500 rounds of M193 IMI for $.65/round shipped on Gun Broker and sold all my Winchester 9mm for $.42/round in Aug and Sept on GB.

Maybe I'm missing something (other than more $$)???
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Waite till biden starts executive orders. You probly could of got double
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:58:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Report of $.20/round .22lr at gun show in Columbia SC
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:07:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Joke's on you OP.

This time next year the dollar won't be worth a square of toilet paper and that 9mm ammo is only going to be harder to find.
View Quote

For sure!

The shortsighted silly fucks that happen to stumble across a random (and rare) good deal, and then gloat with "just picked up some today at xxx price" or "just ordered some at xxx price," trying to make it seem like there are plenty of good deals to be had -- so why NOT sell some.... are in for an awakening.

My guess is that people selling off for a bit of profit in the short run don't do much shooting anyways.... so in that regard who cares if they have any ammo... but for anyone that see's things going south and is selling... thats just disarming yourself in the long run.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:07:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Salad days"....in two years.....'cause COVID will be over and the midterms will return things to normal!

Wow.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

"Salad days"....in two years.....'cause COVID will be over and the midterms will return things to normal!

Wow.
View Quote

Yea... most naive post of the year! But it did just start..... geez, wake the fuck up
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
9mm a dollar a round?!?!

Dude, im going to sell everything and learn to chuck a spear.
View Quote
pfft .38 special is $1/rnd if you can find it.

I don't need ammo because I don't own any firearms but if i did, current prices would be ridiculous
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:26:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Somewhere a guy with a Dillon 550 is laughing.  He picked up buckets of discarded brass for free at the range. Bought bulk powder in 2019 and projectiles.  He paid $320/10000 for primers........

He laughs himself to sleep.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:55:06 AM EDT
[#31]
I agree selling ammo now is pretty short sighted. I do think it will comeback in a few years but I doubt we will be able to buy in bulk/online. I have plenty of everything except 38 special. I am half tempted to try to trade some of my 9mm for 38/357 as lately I've shot my revolvers more.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#32]
I just quit my part time job at a gun store. Too much pressure - people standing in line outside in the cold then having to wait to get to a sales rep then have to pay the prices plus limits on what's there don't make the best customers to deal with. They are scared. Its really sad to see. Prices be damned. They aren't leaving without something that shoots and even if its 25 rounds for $40 they'll buy it. Not going to get any better.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Your new username will be Cheaper_Than_Dirt
View Quote

FPNI and all that!

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Check this guy out, im telling you guys... This ammo thing is too rich for my blood.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33050/hqdefault_jpg-1782683.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
9mm a dollar a round?!?!

Dude, im going to sell everything and learn to chuck a spear.
@Smashy

So we can call you a spear chucker w/out getting a time out?  Sweeeet

Check this guy out, im telling you guys... This ammo thing is too rich for my blood.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33050/hqdefault_jpg-1782683.JPG

I love this guy (no homo).

First Grizzly Ever Speared on Video . The throw!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do everything on a local board with FTF now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

800-900
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question: what can I sell 1k of pmc 55 grain for?

800-900

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I could easily pay off my house if it gets that price and there's buyers. I would do it too and still have plenty left to shoot.
View Quote

This guy gets it...more to the point, he got it when others were being lazy and thinking the salad days would last forever.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Guess I'd make over $4000 if it does
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is .22 LR 1$ a round yet?

I’m gonna be filthy rich when it is

Guess I'd make over $4000 if it does

add a 0 to that in both supers and subs
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:44:19 AM EDT
[#40]
If someone feels like beating their chest on how much "profit" (a few thousand dollars) they made off their "investment", so be it.  They think they are the smart ones who spent $2,000 on some ammo and made let's just say double their money.  Good for them.  Hope those people realize that there are people in this world who can afford to spend $20,000 a year on vacations, afford to loose $40,000 yr in depreciation on a vehicle, etc.  So what is to them that they paid "double" for the cost of ammunition?  To these people, it's just a hedge that would otherwise be spend speculating on the valuation of Tesla for that day.

Buying ammo is like the trading commodities, some will win, some will loose, some will break even.  No way to predict what is going to happen in the future.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:47:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I sold 2K of 9mm FMJ today for 2K. I told the guy that drove 90 miles for the purchase he was crazy, he laughed at me.

Rest my case.
View Quote

Something about a fool and his money.
I wouldn't worry about it, take the money and run.
I would not come on here and tell the world about it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:01:37 AM EDT
[#42]
I keep having to "thank" New York for passing the SAFE Act Forced me to order ammo before the ban on online orders kicked in Prices were a heck of a lot better than they are now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

@deanwormer

In normal times, I would completely agree with you, but, let’s face it, these aren’t normal times.

Now, Xiden may completely squander his opportunity, but he could:

1) Ban all ammo imports, or at the least all Russian commercial ammo due to their “interference in the 2016 election”.

2) Sign a bill banning all internet ammo sales.

That alone would dramatically increase ammo costs as gun stores would increase their prices as middle-men.

And there is a lot more he can do too such as banning the shipping of smokeless powder, making reloading much more difficult/expensive.

But I cannot predict the future either so you may be completely right that in 2 years we will be back to much more reasonable prices.  No one knows for sure.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There's no replacing those rounds. Y'all folks aren't focusing on the long game at all.
View Quote

Yep. A lot of people are going to feel stupid if we see a federal mail order ammo ban in the next year.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am not selling anything, no guns, no ammo.  It seems I can get cash easier than ammo so I am sitting fat and happy with what I have.
View Quote

Same, And I stopped shooting mostly.  I'll run 2 mags in my carry once a month & done.  Haven't shot my AR since September.
I have enough trigger time I should be able to wait this out for a while.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yea... most naive post of the year! But it did just start..... geez, wake the fuck up[/img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_angry.gif[/img]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

Yea... most naive post of the year! But it did just start..... geez, wake the fuck up[/img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_angry.gif[/img]

The truth is, no one knows.  He may be absolutely correct.  The Dems may trip over their own dicks trying to pass new legislation and then lose control of Congress in the mid-terms.  We simply don’t know.  In 2012/13, a lot of people couldn’t imagine prices dropping to historical lows.

However, personally, I don’t see that happening.  I think the Dems will get all their shit in one sock and pass some very restrictive legislation and we will be fucked.  That’s why I would not even contemplate selling ammo right now.  But none of us have a crystal ball.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Shit 9mm has gotten so bad you may see it transported with armed guards in the future.  I am honestly surprised we haven’t heard of trucks getting jacked after leaving the shipping facility.  

If you want real giggles though, check out 22 Mag.  I was able to find several boxes yesterday but I feel that was because of luck and standing at the right place at the right time.  It was only on my radar because I needed a box and went to ammo seek where everything listed was $1/round.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I just quit my part time job at a gun store. Too much pressure - people standing in line outside in the cold then having to wait to get to a sales rep then have to pay the prices plus limits on what's there don't make the best customers to deal with. They are scared. Its really sad to see. Prices be damned. They aren't leaving without something that shoots and even if its 25 rounds for $40 they'll buy it. Not going to get any better.
View Quote

@axl

I don’t blame you.  People are assholes when they panic.  

Just wait until the food riots, Lol.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I would offload 2k rounds of 9mm at a dollar per round.
View Quote

This is why I think the bubble pops at $1/rd (consistently $1/rd, not "I knew a guy...").  The math is easy to comprehend when a 20rd box is $20.  Market will be flooded but I won't be buying or selling.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Waite till biden starts executive orders. You probly could of got double
View Quote

Yep.  "Interstate Commerce."

We'll all be Walmart neckbeards when the mailorder ammo ban comes.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top