BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok..watched it twice...saw him pull the mag...then cycle the slide and put a loose round on the counter.....

View Quote

I thought the same but in hind sight I think he ejected two single rounds and did not actually remove the magazine..(i think- i pad screen isn’t all that big)
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yep, he jacked the slide back and jammed up the round that was in the mag into the back of the round that was in the chamber. Dropped the mag, took that round (which was in the mag, not in the chamber) and put it on the counter. That's why he was dicking around with it so long. When he initially racked the slide back he got that fresh round jammed up...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok..watched it twice...saw him pull the mag...then cycle the slide and put a loose round on the counter.....

Wait.... your right... wtf?

Yep, he jacked the slide back and jammed up the round that was in the mag into the back of the round that was in the chamber. Dropped the mag, took that round (which was in the mag, not in the chamber) and put it on the counter. That's why he was dicking around with it so long. When he initially racked the slide back he got that fresh round jammed up...

Ok that makes sense.   I was wondering how the F he got the mag out, a cartridge out and still had a round to negligently remove his buddy’s testicles.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The guy sitting on the high "barstool" immediately inside ( and facing ) the front door ?

Is he an employee ? Security ?
View Quote

If he is security they should hire an old lady, she would be more useful.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Just one rule to follow....
Always keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction. Follow that one rule and nothing bad happens
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your ability to unwind the stupid is amazing. I watched it twice and couldn't figure it out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#7]
2021'ers out shopping.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why can't people just not point their guns at people when they're fucking with firearms and simply keep the finger off...
View Quote

It's a glock.

he pulled the mag out, racked the slide twice, took the round that got ejected on the counter and then was trying to take the slide off and you have to pull the trigger.

i don't know how a round got chambered, but he never check that the gun was unloaded  before trying to take the slide off by pulling the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Double feed. One ended up being in the chamber the whole time.
View Quote

if it was a double feed the slide would have been open.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't see him pulling back the slide before he takes the mag out.

I see him draw from the holster
pull the mag, put it on the counter
rack the slide twice and put a round on the counter.

then he never checks it is clear and starts with taking the slide off.

Where did the round that went off come from?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Unrelated to the ND, but I wouldn't sell a fucking thing to the 4 in the flip flop crew standing over by the window.

Tan dress lady looks hot?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#12]
On a more positive note, the gun is no longer jammed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Must have been a taurus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Camboriú, Brazil

Must have been a taurus.

Had it been a Taurus his friend would never have been shot.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
gave the dude a sex change
View Quote

Half sack Hernando.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Why the hell is it so f'ing difficult to not point a gun at people. I don't understand it. It pisses me off whenever I see this at a LGS. I don't give a fuck if you know it's unloaded. You're too dumb to handle firearms. And this guy pointed at his friend and put his finger on the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Signage appears to be Portuguese.. Brazil?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:58:04 AM EDT
[#17]
We had a counter guy, shot by another counter guy here years back.   Customer brought in a contender rifle to have a scope mounted.  Yep, a single shot break action in .243.    How in the blue fuck do you not clear a break action?    Rifle got put in a gun vice on the counter pointed toward the showroom, cocked for some reason and trigger pulled.   Counter guy on the floor needed several feet of intestine put back together and never was the same again.    

Idiots.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:14:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Contender in .243?  Maybe a TCR87?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:20:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:53:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's a glock.

he pulled the mag out, racked the slide twice, took the round that got ejected on the counter and then was trying to take the slide off and you have to pull the trigger.

i don't know how a round got chambered, but he never check that the gun was unloaded  before trying to take the slide off by pulling the trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why can't people just not point their guns at people when they're fucking with firearms and simply keep the finger off...

It's a glock.

That’s what happened when a gun store customer nearly put one in my head. Ricocheted off the counter and embedded in the wooden ammo shelf next to my head.

Owner gave no fucks. Policy didn’t change.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:56:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I watched it several times. He takes the mag out, pulls back the slide, sets the bullet on the counter, then BANG!

WTF.

For a double feed the slide would have needed to be already open before he removed the mag.

Looks like gun shop employee doesn't notice the guy finger fucking his CCW.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:04:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I watched it several times. He takes the mag out, pulls back the slide, sets the bullet on the counter, then BANG!

WTF.

For a double feed the slide would have needed to be already open before he removed the mag.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF.

I think when he drew and pulled the mag that a round stripped off exiting the mag well into his hand. He set down the mag but retained the single round when first messing with the slide, then set down the loose round to better grab the slide. I don't think any round what ever cleared from the weapon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:14:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Signage appears to be Portuguese.. Brazil?
View Quote

Yes.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g680306-d13005920-Reviews-CCTC_Clube_de_Caca_e_Tiro_Camboriu-Balneario_Camboriu_State_of_Santa_Catarina.html

https://www.cctc-camboriu.com.br/

https://www.facebook.com/ClubedeTiroCamboriu

Edit:  News story on it- link

Translation from google-
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:16:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When I got hired as a cop, there was 12 of us in firearms training.  We were doing "dime drills" where the gun is loaded with dummy rounds and you balance a dime on the sight and try to pull the trigger without flinching and knocking off the dime.

Apparently, someone found a live round in the dummy rounds.  Immediately the instructors told everyone to empty their rounds and verify every round was a dummy round.  Guy directly next to me leaned over and told another guy "I'm not doing that, I checked mine already".

So now we had 6 "shooters" doing the drill, while the other 6 were standing next to them to rack the slide(ejecting the dummy round) and balance the coin.  6 total lanes. 3-4 instructors, all walking in front of the "shooters" watching them.  Nobody had ears on.

"click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Guy that was directly next to me, that already "checked" his dummy rounds, sent a live round down range.  The instructors went ape shit.  How one of them did not get shot that day still blows my mind.  Things obviously changed after that and they wear body armor and obviously don't walk in front of them any longer.

He still kept his job.

I may have jumped 4 feet that day.
View Quote

Every time I hear a story like this about cops, I always think of when liberals say "pOliCE arE ThE ONly onEs qUaLIFieD tO HaVe gUnS"
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:17:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think when he drew and pulled the mag that a round stripped off exiting the mag well into his hand. He set down the mag but retained the single round when first messing with the slide, then set down the loose round to better grab the slide. I don't think any round what ever cleared from the weapon.
View Quote

nice theory, but he (apparently) catches the round from the top of the gun, not from the magwell.

He jacks the slide twice and seems to get the round out the second time, and set it in the counter.

Obviously, (short of some video editing) there was as round still in the chamber.

He does seem a bit newbie in his handling.

IDK.

Definitely a weird video.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:38:46 AM EDT
[#26]
I’ve decided to stay out of gun shops until this panic shit dies off. There are some absolute functioning retards running around shops now. I was at a local shop a few weeks back to pick up a slide I had cerakoted. There was a dude who bought a Mossberg shockwave the day before but was having some sort of issues with it. He set it down next to the glass case to wait for some help and it slides and falls over. He picks it up puts the pistol grip down and holds it between his legs with the barrel pointed up. He continued fucking with his phone like it was no big deal. I paid and left. People also can’t seem to help but to play show and tell what they are carrying.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:46:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Jesus! The “friend” who was shot also didn’t have any situational awareness. I would have stepped the fuck back if my friend was messing around with a live round in the chamber.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I’ve head that that Counter Pop was a bad dude......
View Quote

Your thinking of that other guy corn pop. With the oily hair and rusty razor.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:07:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
He jacks the slide twice and seems to get the round out the second time, and set it in the counter.

Obviously, (short of some video editing) there was as round still in the chamber.
View Quote

The video supports the double feed theory very strongly. The moment he clears the pistol from the holster, it has a pronounced partially open action. After the removes the magazine and before touching the slide, he turns it just slightly obliguely towards the camera, and the slide being cracked open is visible. When he touches the slide but before manipulating it, he turns it even more towards his stomach and the slide extending to the rear beyond the frame is definitely visible even through the low resolution of the video:

So he removes the round that was jammed bullet up between the slide and the feedramp, which still leaves another round in the chamber. He then tries to extract it by holding the extractor down with his weak hand (right hand) thumb while trying to rack the slide. He also fiddles with the slide catch with the weak hand and repositions the weak hand thumb several times. He is clearly not familiar with the correct technique for removing a stuck round from a chamber. Also the video shows his finger being inside the trigger guard right after the discharge and just before putting the pistol down on the counter.

It really takes an awful lot of fail to have an ND to hit somebody nearby and this guy would also have been useless in any actual use of a firearm with his jammed holstered gun. It just goes to show that you don't become a musician by just buying a guitar.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:31:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
One time a range I went to made all 4 of us show them our ccw's before we could shoot there.

It felt very....

View Quote

I was once made to unholster, remove mag, but not clear the chamber.  In the middle of the store while I was looking at shit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:35:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just one rule to follow....
Always keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction. Follow that one rule and nothing bad happens
View Quote

There is very rarely a truly "safe" direction.  Which is why the other 3 rules exist.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There is very rarely a truly "safe" direction.  Which is why the other 3 rules exist.
View Quote

That's true in the literal sense, but in practise it should be understood as the “safest possible direction”. There is definitely going to be a practical difference between a shot in the floor and possible ricochet hitting legs and feet nearby, and gut shooting someone straight from the muzzle like in this case.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:55:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did, that's a trip.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:00:44 AM EDT
[#34]
The employee shirts say CCTC. Clube de Caca e Tiro Camboriu, in Balneario Camboriu, Brazil.

I'm also trying to figure out where that round came from.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What country are they in?  All of the signs and shirts are in another language.
View Quote
This is what I wanted to know
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What country are they in?  All of the signs and shirts are in another language.

Brazil.

https://www.cctc-camboriu.com.br/
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#38]
<---- Long time gun counter jockey

1.  Anyone pulls a gun out of anywhere and everything stops until the gun is proven to be unloaded by an employee.  
2.  Rules / etiquette can then be covered.

I don't know what it is but people love to pull loaded guns out of holsters, cases, purses, paper bags etc inside of a gun shop.  If you're coming in to holster shop just unload it outside in your car and then come in.  So many people think it's macho or something to show everyone you carry (unless it's just a NY thing - but I doubt it).

I once had a customer want to bring in a box of hand grenades he found in his deceased uncle's attic.  I knew the chances of them being inert was great but why take the chance?  During the call the guy kept insisting he wanted to bring them in because 'we would know what we were looking at.'
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#39]
First thing, I NEVER just pull my primary in a gunshop, I ask first and they usually want me to go back outside, sometimes there's a clearing barrel. If I want them to look at something on the gun, kit's not my CCW that day and it comes inside in a pistol rug, action open.

Second thing, I was always taught, and have taught my son, rack the slide at least 3 times after dropping the mag, then look at the chamber and stick a finger in there. Like I told my kid, if somebody says anything to you tell me or hand the gun back and walk away. Maybe it's overkill but nobody ever got shot by my pinky.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Damn dude took a gut shot.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top