User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Change of use of force guidelines would be nice to see more training and less shooting unarmed people.
View Quote

Except this actually happens really rarely. Don't be fooled by the news. The vast majority of people shot by cops are resisting, armed, running away, or some combination of the above.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You need to move across the river, brother.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We do this yet?

https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinois/illinois-house-passes-sweeping-police-reform-bill/article_6f4b2d40-55cc-11eb-bd26-d73cef0b493b.html

Our corpulent governor will almost certainly sign it. A 600 plus page bill passed in the middle of the night of course. May as well have called it the Criminal Protection Act.

You kidding?

With what will be effectively no policing we will be the most free state in the union. I'm gonna randomly fire MGs into the air while driving around with expired plates and nobody can stop me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good, now defund the entire government.

View Quote

Right, as part of the 2 trillion biden economic relief plan, 200 billion is going to Illlinois to bail out the democratic union & democratic government pension funds.     Who said there was no thing as a free lunch, and no consequences for decades of corrupt, behind the scenes deals between the Illinois state government and the unions to ensure future votes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#4]
"Everybody that we task to keep us safe says this makes you less safe.”

Good point.  Should have passed some patriot act shit instead.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
" If you want security, give up more of your liberty."  "Save us O Pricker your are only hope!"
View Quote

Nearly every part of this bill expands liberty. It does so at the likely expense of security.

That's a trade I'm mostly on board with.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there any gun control in there? Not that it matters anymore.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't care. Get rid of all cops and let me deal with those who wish to deprive my family or myself of our property or lives as I see fit. Everyone wins
View Quote
There will still be someone around to arrest you, never fear.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A national police force loyal to D.C. made up of recruits from across the land and assigned far from home so they have no local ties.
View Quote
Isn't that how that USSR did it?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is where you are wrong.  It would be laughable if it weren't so dangerous.

A select few departments in very liberal big cities chose... those areas are already lost and their departments are simply a reflection of the people they serve.

The rural, conservative areas are largely policed by rural, conservative police chiefs, sheriffs, cops, and deputies.  All shit like this does is guarantee those decent departments either go to shit or disappear entirely, only to be replaced by .gov fed boys.

So you're fine with something that does nothing to solve the issues in the big cities but only furthers the problem in rural America(...all because you can't see that policing in this country is a very, very broad spectrum)
View Quote

Like I said, you think anything has changed?

All those "Conservative" police chiefs in "conservative" land are just as culpable for allowing the shit that went on as those in larger cities whether you want to admit it or not, and will be replaced the moment the .FEDboys decided they were done whether they were defunded or not. I say defund them all now and shut them down. Let the .fedboys work in a vacuum. Worse for them, let the fedboys work in a vacuum where nobody has any loyalty to them whatsoever.

The thing you need to realize is that they're going to get replaced by fedboys NO MATTER WHAT. They have to. If they're not replaced, they could accidentally resist. This is literally right out of the Nazi Germany playbook, and they'll be replaced by brown shirts. I'm no fool, the writing is on the wall, Towely. Whether they're replaced by fedboys or just blessed as such makes no difference to the outcome because it is the same. I would expect them to prefer to just bless all the small towners as newly minted fedboys.

As for your last comment, I have worked as an LEO in both rural semi smalltown, big city, and county level sheriff's department for a large metro area. If anyone here understands the differences, I do.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good.

Defund ALL the police and get rid of them all.

I think we on the right are looking at this entirely incorrectly. Without the police to enforce liberal diktat, the laws are laughably toothless. Go ahead and defund every police department across the nation entirely and fire every fucking cop. Then go ahead and ban guns.

Consider: Speed Limits. If there were no police, would ANYONE go even remotely close to the speed limit? (Outside areas like on an icy curve, etc)

The sooner we realize collectively that the Police are absolutely, 100%, not on our side in the slightest bit, the better off we are.
View Quote

Lol... got it all figured out huh partner...
Red light and speeding cameras will keep that revenue covered for them, and the feds will enforce their new gun laws but dream on as you join the liberals in their brain diseased mindset...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Good...I hope they get what they deserve, just dont move to my state....!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have a desire for someone on standby to haul my ass out of a housefire or cut me out of a car wreck if need be. I have zero interest in subsidizing some random asswipe with a GED to sit in a left turn lane running radar. I do not require police services. Let people choose acceptable standards in their communities and let it be.
View Quote

Once again, It ALWAYS comes down to tickets.  It's an immutable law of GD. Sort of like that first post thing. Never mind that your regular patrol cop might write 2-3 tickets a quarter.

I sincerely hope you get the policing you crave.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Imagine doing a great job, yet getting fired because of any anonymous call that alleges you did wrong with no recourse.......
View Quote

This is going to get interesting all in itself.  A good sized dept gets thousands of anon complaints. Esp if it's internet based. A lot of them don't ID the officer/time/date/ location or even get the AGENCY right. Who is going to sort thru it all?

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:20:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Check back to this link regularly, it'll be worth some popcorn.

https://heyjackass.com/
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Then the crime wave
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and resignations and early retirements, followed by lots of vacant positions.

Then the crime wave

In 1988, the crime rate rises 400%.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't need the police when there is no longer the rule of law.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:07:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You kidding?

With what will be effectively no policing we will be the most free state in the union. I'm gonna randomly fire MGs into the air while driving around with expired plates and nobody can stop me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We do this yet?

https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinois/illinois-house-passes-sweeping-police-reform-bill/article_6f4b2d40-55cc-11eb-bd26-d73cef0b493b.html

Our corpulent governor will almost certainly sign it. A 600 plus page bill passed in the middle of the night of course. May as well have called it the Criminal Protection Act.

You kidding?

Fair point.
But do you want to live and raise a family there?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:10:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Change of use of force guidelines would be nice to see more training and less shooting unarmed people.
View Quote

You bought into the narrative too. Propaganda is a hell of a drug.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:13:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hopefully they just sit at the station until they're called instead of going around looking for stuff to get involved with. Firefighters don't run around looking for fires if they're not on a call.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't see why anybody would want a career in LE ever again.

Hopefully they just sit at the station until they're called instead of going around looking for stuff to get involved with. Firefighters don't run around looking for fires if they're not on a call.

They should instead of taking up oxygen doing fuck all. I've found plenty of fires while on nights rolling around.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:21:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This is going to get interesting all in itself.  A good sized dept gets thousands of anon complaints. Esp if it's internet based. A lot of them don't ID the officer/time/date/ location or even get the AGENCY right. Who is going to sort thru it all?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagine doing a great job, yet getting fired because of any anonymous call that alleges you did wrong with no recourse.......

One day of protests in Seattle netted the Seattle PD 19,000 complaints against officers. Protestors just gathered badge #s and generated complaints against those officers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:25:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Except this actually happens really rarely. Don't be fooled by the news. The vast majority of people shot by cops are resisting, armed, running away, or some combination of the above.
View Quote

If anything, police need more force on force training. They don't get enough stress inoculation and therefore don't keep their cool when shit goes down. The statistics I always hear about how much firearms training they get is laughable.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:44:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Didn't see anything about defunding.

Also, this part at least sounds good, "strip collective bargaining rights relating to discipline from police unions"
View Quote

Lol, no.

How about I file an anonymous complaint about your sexual harassment, and you have zero recourse to defend yourself?

That's what's about to happen.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Nope.

We do building inspections, hydrant testing/maintenance and a bunch of other frick and frack shit all day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't see why anybody would want a career in LE ever again.

Nope.

We do building inspections, hydrant testing/maintenance and a bunch of other frick and frack shit all day.

Went with a friend to recover his race car from a shop in IL. He had a court order for it to be released. Plainclothes cop told me that he and his squad did nothing but serve and enforce repos, evictions, child support, etc.. Showed me his clipboard with the stack of orders for the day and said "this is a typical day".
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

A good friend of mine is a deputy in a county north of Chicago.
He's been interviewing in counties in central Wiscomsin in case this passed.
He's listing his house next week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read the bill. I would hate to be a cop in Illinois.

That said, the libertarian in me really likes a lot of the provisions in it.

OK; as long as he leaves any "big city mentality" behind. I live in a rural township that has it own PD. The Chief is a retired Milwaukee cop. My one meeting with him did not leave a good impression.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#26]
The worst is yet to come.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Once the local/state LEOs are gone they'll be bringing in the federal police.

Those guys will not have the restrictions on them the government has placed on the smaller departments because they'll be tasked with getting the job done in anyway necessary.  The job is establish federal control over as much as possible.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#28]

We need to defund police cars. Put more cops on the street.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Red light and speeding cameras will keep that revenue covered for them, and the feds will enforce their new gun laws but dream on as you join the liberals in their brain diseased mindset...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

I think we on the right are looking at this entirely incorrectly. Without the police to enforce liberal diktat, the laws are laughably toothless. Go ahead and defund every police department across the nation entirely and fire every fucking cop. Then go ahead and ban guns.

Consider: Speed Limits. If there were no police, would ANYONE go even remotely close to the speed limit? (Outside areas like on an icy curve, etc)

The sooner we realize collectively that the Police are absolutely, 100%, not on our side in the slightest bit, the better off we are.

Go drive around in South Minneapolis and tell me how that's working out.

It is entirely lawless.

Protip: Red light and speed cameras can be easily vandalized so they don't work anymore. When Minneapolis tried that shit, so many cameras were vandalized it was ridiculous.

Then they were ruled unconstitutional and removed.

Your move.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Their goal is to have a Federal civilian force doing all the local policing, per Obama.
Kinda like how China and Russia do it.  (Except that the Chinese and Russian versions are part of their military apparatus).
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Didn't see anything about defunding.

Also, this part at least sounds good, "strip collective bargaining rights relating to discipline from police unions"
View Quote

How is that legal?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#32]
My son is a LEO in SW Illinois. He spent 11 years in a mid-size town in Lake County,Il and transferred to his wife's hometown. He said his prior town was a "job." His postion now is a career,little to no politics. He's a sergeant and SRO now also. He's totally pissed about the new bill passed,to say the least.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

How is that legal?
View Quote

I just find it odd for something like that to be included considering Illinois' ties to unions.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If anything, police need more force on force training. They don't get enough stress inoculation and therefore don't keep their cool when shit goes down. The statistics I always hear about how much firearms training they get is laughable.
View Quote
Sure.

All it takes it time and money to train, money to pay the officers while they train, money to pay the officers to cover shifts while other officers train, and money/officers to cover the lost time and expenses due to training-related injuries.

You get exactly as well-trained a police force as the taxpayer is willing to pay for.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Part of the plan.
Get lefties sick of their own shit so they move out
and infect other places with their own shit. Repeat.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#36]
This is very timely. We just took a trip to Texas to check out different areas. This might just push us over the edge to get out of the this shitty City and state and move to a free state.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If it ever kicked off none of these new laws would matter.

This is one step closer to the state, and eventually the fed running policing across the board in this country.

Edit: and your assumption is borderline retarded
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If "it" kicked off right now, it would be the cops and Antifa against the normal people. Anything that takes the teeth out of the police, right now is a good thing

If it ever kicked off none of these new laws would matter.

This is one step closer to the state, and eventually the fed running policing across the board in this country.

Edit: and your assumption is borderline retarded

State or maybe federal police are the obvious end goal.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We do this yet?

Good.

But there won't be "no police".  It's going to be a police force under direct control of the state government in liberal states. That's not a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
One major problem that Democrats have, is that they never ask the all important question:  "If I do this...  what happens next"?  

They are going to find themselves in trouble - very shortly.
View Quote

Liberal policies always result in the opposite of the intended result.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:15:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

But there won't be "no police".  It's going to be a police force under direct control of the state government in liberal states. That's not a good thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We do this yet?

Good.

How is that materially different from now?

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

OK; as long as he leaves any "big city mentality" behind. I live in a rural township that has it own PD. The Chief is a retired Milwaukee cop. My one meeting with him did not leave a good impression.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read the bill. I would hate to be a cop in Illinois.

That said, the libertarian in me really likes a lot of the provisions in it.

This is essential.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I thought democrats loved unions and collective bargaining?
View Quote

ACLU was all in favor of body cameras, until they weren't.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top