Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trump wasn't and isn't a Conservative Constitutionalist, he is a Populist. And Trump never would have supported actions to overthrow the governments of Mexico, Iran, and the PRC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump
By a country mile .
Had Trump not had SO MANY crooks, commies, cunts and cocksuckers actively destroying him and our Country, and got 4 more years, we'd be carving his face on Rushmore in 2030.

We , as Conservative Constitutionalists, could set aside our petty differences and were too afraid of getting muddy to get behind him enough to push this Country outa the muck of the swamp , so we just spun our tires . . . and are about to be covered in mud, just the same.
Had Trump been elected in 08' instead of FBHO, right now we would be fat cats on the world stage and probably supporting Chinese, Mexican and Iranian revolutions, as they neared their ends . Hundreds of old school politicians would have retired or been ousted and facing serious charges. The globalist puppet masters like Soros would have been taken off the board. The MSM-goons would have shamed themselves into obscurity .

But.....here we are.
Still playing in the mud
Trump wasn't and isn't a Conservative Constitutionalist, he is a Populist. And Trump never would have supported actions to overthrow the governments of Mexico, Iran, and the PRC.

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I know GD hates everything and everyone, but to the point of hating even Reagan?

Damn.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#3]
If Trump had the likability and the oral presentation of Reagan, he’d have won the election even with the fraud.

Edit to clarify I think Trump was the better President, he just had a huge achilles heal that only hurt him.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Trump accomplished more to help Americans in his term than any other President since I have been alive.

The list is tremendous.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If Trump had the likability and the oral presentation of Reagan, he’d have won the election even with the fraud.
View Quote

Yep.

I keep thinking on why Obama won two elections. It wasn't because he was black, it was because of the Democrats' PR and marketing machine. The guy won a Nobel Peace Prize while bombing weddings in the Middle East, for God's sake. Trump could've had more chances if he had a strong PR team behind him.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Trump has more people willing to battle for the constitution than Reagan could ever dream of.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Reagan was a progressive.  Open border.  Pro-amnesty.  Spoke of small government but it grew under his eight years of tenure.

Trump is a New York liberal that just happens to be a Nationalist who loves his country.  

Both hate freedom sticks.  Both we’re big spenders.

If I had to pick one, Trump.
View Quote

Lol, Reagan was not open border, he signed amnesty as a one time deal with Congress on the promise they would fix the immigration laws.. he was damn clear about his disdain for the deal too.

He grew military spending to destroy the commies, which he did...he was damn clear about that too, his deregulation brought the economy back from the shitty welfare 1970’s and made the prosperity of the late ‘80’s and 90’s possible.

People here are deluded by the revisionists view, some of us lived those times and heard the man speak. If you think Trump faced press and political opposition, Reagan had double..however he was an orator with a sharp wit and a sense of humor that could disarm his critics on his own. Wrote a lot of his own speeches. What’s sad is that the assassination attempt probably accelerated his physical decline so that by the end of his terms he was not mentally sharp anymore.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Trump accomplished more to help Americans in his term than any other President since I have been alive.

The list is tremendous.
View Quote

He probably did more good in a single term than any other President, for sure.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Reagan over trump, now always and forever.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep.

I keep thinking on why Obama won two elections. It wasn't because he was black, it was because of the Democrats' PR and marketing machine. The guy won a Nobel Peace Prize while bombing weddings in the Middle East, for God's sake. Trump could've had more chances if he had a strong PR team behind him.
View Quote

Yeah, people forget that Obama killed 28 people in his first 3 days as President.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I know GD hates everything and everyone, but to the point of hating even Reagan?

Damn.
View Quote

I bet 70% of the guys posting were born after 1990.

Both had major flaws.  Both were big spenders.  These youngsters don’t understand the political climate in the 1980’s and the effect living during the Cold War had on people.  Reagan did a damn good job working with what he was handed - and understanding the overarching goal was the defeat of communism.  Yes, back then calling someone a commie actually meant something.  It was a visceral insult.

In the end, Trump was a populist.  Not a conservative.  His presidency will leave little lasting impact on the nation and world - other than emboldening his enemies with weak leadership and allowing the Dems and weak Republicans to hasten the end of American supremacy on the world stage.  The things he did during his presidency will be undone within months, because he didn’t like to take time to work with Congress to make law.  

No, not all of this is his fault.  But he was not an effective leader, communicator, he made terrible decisions on who to place in important cabinet positions and was unable to understand and implement conservative ideals and laws.

I voted for him twice and supported him when arguing against liberals.  But I could see what was coming as early as 2018.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Trump
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#13]
They are both, at the very least, moderates. Neither is a true conservative. Not unlike most on here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Gee I dunno? Which fucktard gave away California to illegal immigrants?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep.

View Quote

The MSM and entertainment industry were Obama’s PR team.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congress, that’s who.  And they tried again in the 2000’s. I spent a good chunk of time on the phone with reps stopping votes, did you?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

So much stupidity here it burns.  

Are you merely ignorant or are you here to spread lies?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Reagan over trump, now always and forever.
View Quote

This

Reagan signed amnesty because the Dems promised to end illegal immigration. Fool me once...

Reagan signed the Firearm Owners Protection Act. It did many good things *including preventing anti-gunners from suing manufacturers (to bankrupt them) over the misuse of their products. The Dems threw in the Machine Gun Ban poison pill in hopes of deep-sixing the bill. The NRA promised to fight it on the back end if he signed it.....yet another broken NRA promise.

Unlike James Brady, who was shot in the same incident as Reagan and went on with his wife to found the Brady anti-gun campaign, Reagan did not use his injuries to further the cause of gun control. Not true of other politicians, like a certain Mrs. Potato Head.

Reagan saw the Soviet Union for the paper tigers that they were when everyone else was cowering over the Soviet Bear....instead, he bankrupted them and strengthened our military - that’s why spending increased.

Reagan popularized freedom again. He was ideologically pro-freedom even if—like many of his generation—not perfectly consistent. Search “Reagan freedom speeches” on YouTube.

No doubt Trump was a good president....but he did not start his presidency as an ideological freedom advocate. He did become more conservative as his presidency went on.

Yes, I voted for DJT twice and am very proud of it.

ETA: correction-it allowed sales of ammo through the post office among other things.

Thanks M_JBT!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

They worked harder than he ever did, too, lol...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Reagan was a progressive.  Open border.  Pro-amnesty.  Spoke of small government but it grew under his eight years of tenure.

Trump is a New York liberal that just happens to be a Nationalist who loves his country.  

Both hate freedom sticks.  Both we’re big spenders.

If I had to pick one, Trump.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Lol, Reagan was not open border, he signed amnesty as a one time deal with Congress on the promise they would fix the immigration laws.. he was damn clear about his disdain for the deal too.

He grew military spending to destroy the commies, which he did...he was damn clear about that too, his deregulation brought the economy back from the shitty welfare 1970’s and made the prosperity of the late ‘80’s and 90’s possible.

People here are deluded by the revisionists view, some of us lived those times and heard the man speak. If you think Trump faced press and political opposition, Reagan had double..however he was an orator with a sharp wit and a sense of humor that could disarm his critics on his own. Wrote a lot of his own speeches. What’s sad is that the assassination attempt probably accelerated his physical decline so that by the end of his terms he was not mentally sharp anymore.
View Quote

I was alive during the time of Reagan and if you think he faced the same sort of criticism and scrutiny as Trump you are deluded. The majority of press, Democrats, celebrities, talk show hosts, some captains of industry, even a few members of his own party have been openly hostile and have schemed against him. He was literally besieged on all sides by enemies with only a large portion of the American public cheering him on from afar. His presidency was akin to the Alamo except that in the Trump presidency, Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie were letting Mexicans into the Alamo and pretending to support Col. Travis.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

True enough, but Trump gave the media so much ammunition by coming across an ass, that they didn’t really need to work too hard.  

I love Trump and believe he was our best President when it came to doing what he said he would.  He just had a fatal flaw which was his narcissistic personality and inability able to win people over who weren’t already on his side.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I was barely alive for regan but the world is different
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#24]
DJT gives fewer fucks and got more shit done. He's not finished either.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#26]
They both kinda sucked.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Now that the dust has settled, while at times the man pissed me off, I'm ultimately proud to have called him president. I can't say that about any other president in recent history.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Neither, they were both owned by the bankers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Trump is breaking free of the deep state and we will not see the Dem or Reps as people break away from them.

Reagan did no such thing.  He even had a ex-CIA VP, mr. globalist GHW boosh.  Neu Welt Ordnung and 1,000 pts of lite sh*t.
View Quote

Agree with what you said. If memory serves me right Reagan didn't want Bush but was forced into taking him by the GOP establishment.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:10:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
@RickyRifle, FOPA has nothing to do with protecting manufacturers from lawsuits. That was the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, which was passed in 2005 under Bush.
View Quote

@Miami_JBT. Gracias hermano. Corrección aceptada
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#31]
We lost much less gun rights under Trump and there was no amnesty either.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Reagan's deficit spending put us on the path to where we are today. But, but, but, he broke the Soviet Union!  BFD! They were never the menance we made them out to be. Reagan was better than either of his opponents, but considering who they were that isn't saying much.
View Quote

This is often said about Reagan but the annual budget deficit was decreasing under Reagan. Ttip O'Neil and the democratic House did not follow through on their afmgreed to spending cuts and then Bush 1 worked with the dems to raise taxes, effectively killing Reagan's economy resulting in larger annual budget deficits.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Reagan was a much smoother talker.

Trump got way more done.

Trump.
View Quote

Very true!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#34]
The one who didn't fuck his party in the ass on his way out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Reagan was honestly a terrible president
Trump wasn't all that bad, but on the way out he may have destroyed the Republican party as we know it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Boomers have short, short, short, and terrible memory.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Damn.
View Quote

YES.  Because of him I cant buy a new machine gun.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#38]
My first Presidential vote was for Reagan. Second Presidential vote was for Reagan

I’d take Trump any day and twice on Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#39]
They both have good and bad points, but they are far and away the two best presidents of my lifetime.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Reagan was at least a good leader.

Donald Trump can't stop acting like a circus clown to save his life and he's fucked us for the next 4 years or longer as a result.  I don't care how "right" he was (and he was usually right), he did a piss poor job getting people on board with his agenda and committed unforced error after unforced error.  I don't understand why we give him a pass for that around here.  

Good intentions aren't enough, you have to get the job done.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Donald Trump can't stop acting like a circus clown to save his life and he's fucked us for the next 4 years or longer as a result.  I don't care how "right" he was (and he was usually right), he did a piss poor job getting people on board with his agenda and committed unforced error after unforced error.  I don't understand why we give him a pass for that around here.  

View Quote

Right?  The worst part is how after losing Trump went on to lose us the Senate by crying so much about how "It's all rigged, and they cheated, and the GA politicians all suck for allowing this to happen".  Take the L like a man and stop goddamn crying about everything,  I've literally seen children who are better losers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That debate did not change a single vote. Trump won by a landslide. Remember, they had to stop the counting in PA, GA, and MI to up their cheating.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone tends to romanticize the Reagan years but there were a lot of problems, I'm not so sure he was really in charge much like Xiden won't be either. On the other hand,  You never saw a debate performance from Reagan like the first Trump performance in the fall. That was a complete disaster and probably sealed his fate

That debate did not change a single vote. Trump won by a landslide. Remember, they had to stop the counting in PA, GA, and MI to up their cheating.

Even without the cheating, it was not even close to a landslide.  Prior to the funny business after midnight, he appeared to be position to basically repeat 2016, which itself was not a landslide.

1984 was a landslide.  Almost 60/40 on the popular vote and Reagan nearly ran the table electorally.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Congress, that’s who.  And they tried again in the 2000’s. I spent a good chunk of time on the phone with reps stopping votes, did you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your efforts were for nothing. Should have saved your quarters.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

YES.  Because of him I cant buy a new machine gun.
View Quote

Because of him every gun company hasn’t been sued out of existence.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me more how the amnesty Reagan signed didn't have an effect on the politics of California

The motherfucking CATO institute has a play-by-play to diagram the process so it could be used in other states for fuck's sake

https://www.cato.org/blog/proposition-187-turned-california-blue
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Right?  The worst part is how after losing Trump went on to lose us the Senate by crying so much about how "It's all rigged, and they cheated, and the GA politicians all suck for allowing this to happen".  Take the L like a man and stop goddamn crying about everything,  I've literally seen children who are better losers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have a problem with him bringing up cheating to the degree that he actually believed it happened but he did it in a way that allowed the media and the democrats to frame it as "look at this sore loser".

It goes back even farther to the fact that he was so bad at getting people on his side that he had lost all platform to even pursue a legitimate election fraud claim.  It's not just what he did after election night but what he's been doing over the past 4 years to alienate everyone except his base.  

Trump needed to read Dale Carnegie's book badly.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Not even closs. Reagan. He was much more conservative. He was much more principled and resolute. He was a much more effective at communicating to a broad swath of the American people. I won't compare achievements since it would be unfair because Reagan had 2 terms and we have had more time to appreciate their impact
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Tell me more how the amnesty Reagan signed didn't have an effect on the politics of California

The motherfucking CATO institute has a play-by-play to diagram the process so it could be used in other states for fuck's sake

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you not understand how our government works?   Do you not understand that the Dems reneged on their promise to enact immigration reform?  

Amnesty was a foregone conclusion, as it will be again.  The president is not all powerful.  

You blame the sins of the Democrats on him. Why?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yet ever single thing he did, with the exception of judges possibly, is about to be undone in the next year. Reagan was able to bring people into the party, Trump was only ever effective at motivating people against each other.
View Quote

Having being able to vote for both presidents in question, I couldn't agree with you more.

They both had the "cult of personality" (particularly Trump over Reagan), but Reagan was able to work with people and actually came across as a nice guy which helped him IMO.  Reagan was also had more more character IMO, as in any good marriage, Nancy actually ran the show LOL

Reagan could kick Trumps arse in a physical fight to boot at any same age.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top