BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pssst. They already are trying to legislate our ability to acquire it period.

Also if you don't have any by now it just might be too late. What next OP? Are you going to rant about peoples ability to make home made ceramic plates from easily obtainable materials sold at most home stores?

OP, I have to know your stance. Very simple. Form 4473. For it or against it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no Free Speech in this country anymore and this douche curbside selling body armor to literally ANYONE is inviting the Powers That Be to legislate away our ability to acquire it through normal means. He doesn't even own guns by his own admission. Wtf

Extremely poor optics.

Pssst. They already are trying to legislate our ability to acquire it period.

Also if you don't have any by now it just might be too late. What next OP? Are you going to rant about peoples ability to make home made ceramic plates from easily obtainable materials sold at most home stores?

OP, I have to know your stance. Very simple. Form 4473. For it or against it?

Against. This universal BGC bullshit in Colorado sux ass. They passed this shit before I moved here and every other state I've lived in I could conduct a private transfer without paying $50 ($10 to CBI, $40 to a LGS) and then fucking wait 3 days. They LIED TO CO Residents when they forced that shit on them promising that the $10 would allow for CBI to be properly staffed to allow quick transfers.

Curbside body armor bothers me on a visceral level given the current political state and who is coming into power shortly. I would not GAF if Trump won and this dude was peddling his shitty plates, but this is a very bad idea in the current environment.

You can all call me a communist, anti-capitalist whatever. People should be able to sell body armor private party, etc, but this guy and his ilk are setting the stage for some very bad things to happen to our ability to defend ourselves. I'm all squared away thanks to Kota and anyone paying attention should be too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
... what street corners is he working?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#3]
If this news offends you you could always move to NYS, where they want to make owning Body Armor a crime.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
OP is right! Fuck capitalism! Freedom loving Americans are our own worst enemy. We need to hide in the closet and keep our mouths shut.
That is the only way to be sure they let us keep some of our rights. If you want to speak your mind, play with your guns and body armor or fly your flag, For the love of god do it in your house. Just make sure you close the blinds so nobody can see you, and for gods sake put that stuff back in the closet when you are done! You never know who or when someone is going knock on your door and you don't want them seeing it.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

At this point he's not on our side and is profiteering on the coming violence. No different than someone selling confederate flags at Trump Rallies. You OK with that too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh oh. Guy capitalizing on capitalism needs to be shut down.

At this point he's not on our side and is profiteering on the coming violence. No different than someone selling confederate flags at Trump Rallies. You OK with that too?

You're not?

You sound more like a communist than a capitalist.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I find your screen name triggering

you should stop posting, for the optics

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm FROM Arizona, born and raised, unlike most of the CA immigrants settling there. Those are the ones who are going to see curbside body armor, flip out and get their/your legislators masters to ban it outright in your state.

I find your screen name triggering

you should stop posting, for the optics

Oh and God bless Arizona.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, what's with some of the ARFCOM member's hate of capitalism?  It's as if they had public school education.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
... what street corners is he working?
View Quote

Not sure if serious, but...

One of the pics is NE corner of Lindsay & Broadway in Mesa. There’s a chain-link fenced pottery place that’s been there for as long as I can remember in the background. They always (probably still do) have a ridiculously large metal giraffe out there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#11]
So you hate capitalism and free speech OP.......

Please sign out and don't sign back in.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Good for him, I have no issues with it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Their example of online extremism was Sean Hannity.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wut?

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Two things I'm not buying off the side of some road.
1. Food
2. PPE

OK three
3. Poon

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#16]
OP is tarded.  When the whole thread is against you, might want to re-think your position.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I feel sorry for people that think they can use ar500 without falling over from the weight.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The sooner y'all quit giving a fuck about optics, the sooner we can finally get some shit done.

Optics...2021... what a fucking joke.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I can’t believe it’s 2021, Xiden is fixing to take office, social media giants aren’t plotting to control social media to stamp out conservatives, they ARE doing it, arfcom has already been brought down once, and we have members in here worried about optics still.  October you could be worried about optics, but we are way past that point now.  The sooner you learn that the better we all will be.  The left doesn’t need to see roadside Joe Vet trying to live the American dream and run a business to want to ban stuff.  They already know this stuff exists and want to ban it.  22 years ago, I used to cringe when I saw gun show tables selling evil black rifles, and the bad optics they gave us all.  That was then, this is now.  Those sellers didn’t worry about optics and in the end we all benefited.  Wide spread acceptance and now the most popular rifle in the US.  When the retards go to ban it nationally, it’s going to affect a lot more people today than it did in 1994.  Armor is going to be the same thing.  
 There was no road side table doing private gun sales in 2012 in Colorado prior to the gun control laws being passed here.  Take your tasco quality optics opinions and see an optometrist
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am. Because the last time I looked, this was a free country. And MORE of this kind of attitude is what's needed. Not less. No pandering to people's feels. No pulling punches because the press or some prick in Commiefornia doesn't like a certain slogan, or word, or flag. We WERE a free people and we need to be the land of the brave, not the land of the take a knee.

To address your statement, you claim he's profiteering on the coming violence. Sounds a bit like blaming the gun for the shooter's actions to me. You're assuming there is going to be violence and that his products will instigate or be used in said (as of yet not applicable) violence. Perhaps we should prosecute after he commits a crime. Instead of Minority Reporting his ass. Eh comrade?

PS: get some cohones. This is still the red white and blue.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm advocating kicking that guy in the nuts for providing additional ammo to the libs to ban gear I might need one day (god, I hope I never need steel body armor, my L210's are sweet).

Normal People (Sheeple, whatever) look at people who buy body armor who aren't security or police as "Weird" and are quickly being trained by the MSM to see them as "Radical" now. This subsection of the internet of course is an echo chamber for basement trolls who have this idea that being able to roll up to a street vendor and buy fucking body armor is a great idea. MUH Freedoms.

Mark my words, shit like this is going to lead to severe restrictions on where and how you can buy body armor.
View Quote

You think the people trying to ban these items are listening to the people and then making decisions? Sorry, it doesn't work that way anymore.
The people making the decisions are spoon feeding their base what to think through NPR, lib-media Huff-po, social media, etc.
Body armor has been on the radar for over a decade, likely since the Hollywood bank robbery. I think they're playing it slow right now so they can arm their base. Liberals are buying guns in record numbers. But once that window begins to close then yes, they'll concentrate hard on guns, ammo, but won't forget about armor and will slip it in to whatever future bill. It won't stop there. Bolt actions, all pistols, any mil-dot optics and probably NVG, helmets, gas masks are next. They just need to make sure their minions have them first.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lol, screw “muh optics”.

The fascists steal elections and burn cities but some guy selling plates is bad optics.
View Quote

Yep.

Good for him!

It's a sign of the times and what's coming.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There is no Free Speech in this country anymore and this douche curbside selling body armor to literally ANYONE is inviting the Powers That Be to legislate away our ability to acquire it through normal means. He doesn't even own guns by his own admission. Wtf

Extremely poor optics.
View Quote

There're gonna outlaw anything they can get away with.

Giving two shits about optics was over when the libtards openly supported BLM.

No fucks given anymore.

I'm a half-step away from slinging an AR every day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#24]
So, to summarize the Hive Mind on the matter:

• We don't give a shit what the liberals think anymore, guns, armor, whatever should be cash and carry, drive thru window if possible.

• This armor sucks and we don't care if Antifa, Illegals, Felons, whomever owns it, even if we have to square off against it one day.

• 'Merca

I guess this is The Way. Get some.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd bet that this guy selling face to face in cash is less likely to keep and maintain a customer database that would be readily turned over to "investigative agencies".

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm advocating kicking that guy in the nuts for providing additional ammo to the libs to ban gear I might need one day (god, I hope I never need steel body armor, my L210's are sweet).

Normal People (Sheeple, whatever) look at people who buy body armor who aren't security or police as "Weird" and are quickly being trained by the MSM to see them as "Radical" now. This subsection of the internet of course is an echo chamber for basement trolls who have this idea that being able to roll up to a street vendor and buy fucking body armor is a great idea. MUH Freedoms.

Mark my words, shit like this is going to lead to severe restrictions on where and how you can buy body armor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FU too, I've been here longer and more active than yourself.

All this herp derp, maybe this guy should expand his product line to 80% Anderson Lowers and cutting jigs.

Hell, he can sell full reloading kits with pulled Green tip "Armor Piercing" bullets, get some more news bites for the media to cut our throats with next month.

You people can't see the forest thru the trees, we don't live in some sort of laissez faire libertarian utopia where you can do anything you want without consequences. This guy is giving ammo to the MSM and our enemies in Power to limit access to necessary materials, all on the pretense he's helping the cause.

You may have been here longer and post more than me. But I’m not the one advocating for taking away freedoms...

Every self defense shooting, every gun purchased, every time ammo is bought, it is “ammo” for the left to hang us. Why is this any different?? You no buy guns? Or only make sure you do a 4473 on all purchases?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Who cares if they do or not, its about Perception. The reason we're seeing BATF going after P80 kits is the Perception that bangers/felons are buying them. This guy is selling shitty armor and making a killing, even if he claims otherwise. Its raising a flag to the MSM and "Normal People" that there could be a bunch of armored thugs out there that the cops can't protect them from. That may not be the case but it WILL be used against us.

That guy needs to be kicked in the nuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Op what is your screen name on DU?

FU too, I've been here longer and more active than yourself.

All this herp derp, maybe this guy should expand his product line to 80% Anderson Lowers and cutting jigs.

Hell, he can sell full reloading kits with pulled Green tip "Armor Piercing" bullets, get some more news bites for the media to cut our throats with next month.

You people can't see the forest thru the trees, we don't live in some sort of laissez faire libertarian utopia where you can do anything you want without consequences. This guy is giving ammo to the MSM and our enemies in Power to limit access to necessary materials, all on the pretense he's helping the cause.

No banger is going to take the time to do any of that stuff. They want instant gratification (hence the crime). Does the armor have spall coating? If not bad deal for the bad guys that buy it.

If the bad guys were going to buy this armor for bad stuff wouldn’t they just shoot the seller and take it? Hopefully it helps to normalize armor sales. Even if just the smallest amount.

Who cares if they do or not, its about Perception. The reason we're seeing BATF going after P80 kits is the Perception that bangers/felons are buying them. This guy is selling shitty armor and making a killing, even if he claims otherwise. Its raising a flag to the MSM and "Normal People" that there could be a bunch of armored thugs out there that the cops can't protect them from. That may not be the case but it WILL be used against us.

That guy needs to be kicked in the nuts.

Sell all your shit, log off and never think about guns again because it is ALL bad optics to lefties.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

• We don't give a shit what the liberals think anymore, guns, armor, whatever should be cash and carry, drive thru window if possible.

• This armor sucks and we don't care if Antifa, Illegals, Felons, whomever owns it, even if we have to square off against it one day.

• 'Merca

View Quote

Feel free to return to DU anytime.  Going to guess you’re somehow ok with the Colorado gun control laws too
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

• 'Merca

View Quote

Yes, freedom is the way. And it may be scary sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#31]
"Bad optics"

You've seen what has happened over the last year, especially the last week, with social media, correct?

It doesn't matter what actually goes on, only that one or more MSM media outlets coordinate and report the same story with whatever narrative they desire.

Why do you think twitter, FB, YT, et all have been censored?

hint : too many people were forming their own opinion and that can't be tolerated

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Gosh, doesn't even offer Level IV ceramic? What a pleb.

/s
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#33]
What a dumb thread. OP should feel bad.

Also, for the record...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Look what is on the ban agenda again. This guy is making bad optics and deserves a kick in the nuts.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-southeast-valley/mesa/i-sell-out-almost-every-day-mesa-man-selling-body-armor-by-the-side-of-the-road
View Quote

Gtfo!

Dude wanted a side hustle that paid, and he made his own way.

1/2 of this forum says atf should be a convenience store until someone actually hustles then its "bad optics".

Fuck the left and their feelings.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

• 'Merca

View Quote

Please tell me you are not so dense as to think that antifacts,illegals and felons don't already own this stuff?
Not one body armor seller that i know of does a background check when you purchase nor do they ask you your political beliefs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

• 'Merca

View Quote

Better not be a capitalist and exercise my freedoms or daddy AOC will spank me!

We need to grow a fucking pair.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Bad optics....bad optics.
You show yourself to be a turtle, hiding in your shell, afraid of what liberals think.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

• 'Merca

View Quote

yes

honestly- if it's what "I want" the answer is no one except me (just me) has any sort of gun, sword, knife, explosive, whatever, and I get the nuke codes, all the MGs and B-52s I want.  I rule with an iron fist and cruelly punish all those who threaten muh authority or poorly mow their lawns.  You don't even get to lift, bro.

but see, there's this cruel bitch named Freedom...and she's super scary, but also super important.  

If some dude happens to be ANTIFA and happens to want to protect his life or his families life, I think he's a free man and should be free to do so.  If as a free man, he thinks the best way to do so involves buying plates, that's his choice to make.  Scary, sure is.  Ain't gonna fix "but that's scary" with more laws. never has worked, never will.  That's what HOAs are for.

So yeah.  'Mercia, 'Rizona, get some, etc. etc. etc.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

• 'Merca

View Quote
Abso-fucking-lutely

"Worrying about optics" is called pandering. It is what politicians and sellers do to offend the lowest percentage of emotional people while getting their way.

We aren't getting our way. Our birthrights are already repugnant in their eyes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#40]
What I find interesting is that he sells out pretty much every time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

• 'Merca

View Quote

Are you always wrong or just most of the time?  I know freedom can be scary sometimes OP.....

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Look what is on the ban agenda again. This guy is making bad optics and deserves a kick in the nuts.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-southeast-valley/mesa/i-sell-out-almost-every-day-mesa-man-selling-body-armor-by-the-side-of-the-road
View Quote

There a guy out here in San tan valley that has beeengoin that foe a few months. Nobody blinked an eye back them but it wasn't until they showed up in town that it's all controversial.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:27:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

• 'Merca

View Quote

Correct!
  • I have never given a shit what liberals think, Yes guns, armor and everything else that is legal to own should be cash and carry.
  • Everyone should be equal under the law. If felons are to dangerous to own firearms they should still be in prisons not walking free.
  • Sorry if freedom is scary for people like you
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:42:50 AM EDT
[#44]
That's nothing.
I passed by a guy in Florence (I think) who had one of those big 6 wheeled military trucks selling ammo and armor and other stuff.
Took some serious will power to keep driving.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That's nothing.
I passed by a guy in Florence (I think) who had one of those big 6 wheeled military trucks selling ammo and armor and other stuff.
View Quote

recently?

asking for a friend me
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:53:56 AM EDT
[#46]
"Bad optics" ??

Just being a straight white male who wants to be left alone has been "bad optics" for the past 4 years.

I'm seriously out of fucks to give.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:58:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely. Why you are worried about "optics," the globohomo culture is continuing to indoctrinate the next generation of children. Say what you will about the Confederacy, but southern culture is 1000x better than the degeneracy promoted today.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:00:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

recently?

asking for a friend me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's nothing.

recently?

asking for a friend me

It was just under a month ago on Hunt Hwy somewhere before W Golf Club Dr. And after Attaway road.
I was heading west at the time.
Sorry I don't have more exact info.
I was dodging traffic and was shocked to see it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:33:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you serious, Clark?

"If only that man wasn't selling body armor, the left wouldn't want to ban it..."

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:47:29 AM EDT
[#50]
hey PointBlank82,

I see you're doing a lot of selling of gun stuff

You are doing checks, to make sure everybody that you are selling to isn't a felon, or anything like that, aren't you?

How about getting copies and verifying their id, like a driver's licence?

What?!?!?! You don't !!!!!!??????

How do you know what you're selling won't be used by a felon to commit a crime? You're just an unlicensed arms dealer, aren't you?

Why, look there! You sold 3 pistol braces to one person! You're helping people to make concealable, illegal firearms, aren't you?

And there! You bought magazine couplers.... you want to make it easier for yourself to kill a bunch of people and quickly reload, don't you

Oh no you didn't! You're also selling ammo on line..... 9mm for .60 cpr! Who are you arming, baby killers?

blah, blah, blah.... internet arms dealing hypocrite

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top