Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since the obvious answer (grill it outside) has been more than beaten, I’ll be the smartbutt who says “throw it in the crockpot with beef broth”.
View Quote

HOLY SHIT my Mother in law did that one day, with one of my venison roasts.

That shit has never happened again.  I'm not sure why...  It might have had something to do with the ass chewing my wife got, for not informing my MIL, to stay the fuck out of my freezer.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Cook it outside like a fkkn man. Just ask your husband to cook it for you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP, don't let the negativity get to you.  10 years ago, only a few guys on the board cooked.  then guys like subnet started getting into the idea, and posting their learning experience.  fast forward to now, and suddenly everyone is a chef who somehow never needed to learn and therefore mocks anyone who asks a question.  some thoughts:

cooking smoke is most often the result of heating fat past its smoke point.  cooking a steak, you're going to want a high-heat oil.  i use avocado oil, which has a very high smoke point and is also very heart-healthy.

what most people do in most situations is to heat a pan, then add fat to the pan, then add the steak to the pan.  if you're using a low-smoke-point oil like extra-virgin olive oil to a very hot pan, it's going to smoke a lot, because there's a ton of fat sitting on hot metal.  as an alternative, oil the steak, not the pan.  you're still going to get some smoke, but far less of it.  

a final thought is to broil the steak, using the broiler in your oven.  the broiler cooks with radiant heat, making it basically an upside-down grill.  i keep meaning to try this, but have never gotten around to it.  so if you try, let us know how it goes.  
View Quote

Putting meat over fire is not some fancy technique requiring a great deal of skill.  So easy, a cave man could do it.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anonymously.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does a man ask a question like this?

Anonymously.

Hahahaha!

That’s probably the best way!

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Damn son its 20 degrees outside and no more propane.
View Quote

Propane?!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#10]
If your gonna cook inside without a proper hood vent then yes you will smoke it out. When the weather is bad I cook inside yet have a fan set up inside a window in my kitchen and it blows the smoke out. It's my poor mans vent.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I put a cast iron on top of a chimney starter.
On a ribeye, I stand it on its side 1st to get a nice crispy fat.
Then I sear until it’s 125-130.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Reverse sear.

Oven, then a cast iron pan over charcoal outside.

Instant no smoke house.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
On a grill, outside.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Air fryer
View Quote

Have to admit the 2 ribeyes I've done in the ninja came out great.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Sear outside on a charcoal chimney with a grate. Finish in the broiler. If that's too much to manage just toss a Hot Pocket into the science oven.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It is not done.
View Quote

Lots of chicks have that same opinion
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Putting meat over fire is not some fancy technique requiring a great deal of skill.  So easy, a cave man could do it.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

someone clearly didn't read the OP.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:50:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Try something new. Boil it and let us know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Induction cookplate
Cast iron
Grapeseed oil
Outside in your summer kitchen

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#21]
open a window put a fan in it ahead of time
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:06:53 AM EDT
[#22]
I cooked this one today.

Preheat oven to 400. Put a skillet over medium high heat.

Lightly coat both sides of your steak with a high smoke point oil, salt and pepper.

Put the steak in the hot skillet for 2-3 minutes, flip and put it at a 90 degree angle to the first side, and put in the oven for 6 minutes.

At minute 5, put the burner in medium low, cut a Pat of butter, and get some garlic ready.

Take out the skillet, put on the burner, add the butter and garlic. Spoon the garlic butter over the steak.

Remove the steak and pour some drippings over it. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Enjoy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
OP, don't let the negativity get to you.  10 years ago, only a few guys on the board cooked. then guys like subnet started getting into the idea, and posting their learning experience.  fast forward to now, and suddenly everyone is a chef who somehow never needed to learn and therefore mocks anyone who asks a question.  some thoughts:

cooking smoke is most often the result of heating fat past its smoke point.  cooking a steak, you're going to want a high-heat oil.  i use avocado oil, which has a very high smoke point and is also very heart-healthy.

what most people do in most situations is to heat a pan, then add fat to the pan, then add the steak to the pan.  if you're using a low-smoke-point oil like extra-virgin olive oil to a very hot pan, it's going to smoke a lot, because there's a ton of fat sitting on hot metal.  as an alternative, oil the steak, not the pan.  you're still going to get some smoke, but far less of it.  

a final thought is to broil the steak, using the broiler in your oven.  the broiler cooks with radiant heat, making it basically an upside-down grill.  i keep meaning to try this, but have never gotten around to it.  so if you try, let us know how it goes.  

I read the OP.  OP needs to grill outside.  You clearly didn't read what I was responding to.  I put it back in so you can easily read it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I can get a bad boy like get cooked up well done on the stove without smoking up the house,

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:33:36 PM EDT
[#25]

FPNI.
I've been using this recipe for months.
Anyone that eats one says it's the best steak they've ever had.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Got a sous vide precision cooker for Christmas thanks to my wife remembering I mentioned it after reading about it here.

I’ve done 1 ribeye and 2 filet mignons so far. I can now honestly say I’ve made the best steaks I’ve ever eaten

After sous vide it makes no sense to ever cook a steak any other way.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Boil water, drop steak in till done.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Well done...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Well done......
Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top