User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bought a 1301 tactical last month and added a mesa tactical pistol grip stock and a nordic components mag extension.  It now holds 7+1.

I love it.  It's light, quick pointing, and mild recoiling even with magnum loads.
View Quote

Oi! You got sufficient parts for that magazine tube mister?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This killed it for me. It's why I ordered a benelli M4 that's 7+1
View Quote

Benelli is under the same exact 922R requirements as Beretta. Almost like Benelli is also made in Italy.
And technically you can ghost load with those so it allows 7+1+1.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:51:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The Gen 1 1301 was made by Beretta.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Op,I have a 21” comp. had it 5 years. With mag extension it’s 10+1. It’s a game Gun plain and simple. It’s like 4 feet long. If you have any aspirations Of using this in a defense role, get the tactical. Also they are imported, that’s why they come with 5 round tubes. Mine will run any shell you throw at it, including those light recoil pink shells.

Make sure you get a Gen 2 tactical. The Gen 1 was not made by beretta and is a different gun

@Jupiter7

Who made the Gen1?

The Gen 1 1301 was made by Beretta.

Got it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Id go tactical but that 21" gun would be sweet for grouse and hare hunting
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My bad, first Gen tactical is a re-branded TX4. Different gun than 1301 comp
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Jupiter7

Who made the Gen1?

My bad, first Gen tactical is a re-branded TX4. Different gun than 1301 comp

No problem.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#6]
It appears that most here prefer the 21" barrel over the 24".  I'd like to use it for turkey also, would the 24"be better there?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oi! You got sufficient parts for that magazine tube mister?
View Quote

Of course, silly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Of course, silly.
View Quote

922R is some of the most ridiculous BS. If you want that extra capacity you need to put this here US made parts which could be a stock, follower, handguards. But hey nothing that actually matters if you really want.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Both of mine are tactical models. One is a Gen 1 with a fixed choke, the other is a Gen 2 and has a changeable choke. The Nordic comp +2 extension gives you 7 in the tube, 1 in the chamber and you can ghost load giving you 9 rounds ready in the gun in an 18” barrel.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#11]
The 21" Comp would be perfect for my general use needs. The vent rib would be preferable to the sights for most things and the ability to add a red dot would give souper percussion with slugs.
With removable chokes it will do just fine for turkey or crows probably even doves.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top