Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great time not to have effective lobbying in DC right?
View Quote

What changed?

The NRA probably should advocate the banning of things. They would get more money that way I bet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is what all the cheering in this thread boils down to.  Someone/something wasn't perfect...so the geniuses in GD cheer the destruction of it.  Then they cry that no one is on their side or willing to step up to save them...but don't ask them to become active and actually do things themselves because that is someone else's job.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Now everyone flock to .org's that are proactive like the GOA.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hopefully that "restructure" comes with an entire leadership change.
View Quote

I doubt it would work that way.  Its the thieves running and hiding in another state.  

Now escaping NY is a good thing but it is meaningless to the membership if they’re still 1. selling us out, and 2. stealing the Association’s funds.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That is what all the cheering in this thread boils down to.  Someone/something wasn't perfect...so the geniuses in GD cheer the destruction of it.  Then they cry that no one is on their side or willing to step up to save them...but don't ask them to become active and actually do things themselves because that is someone else's job.  
View Quote

Yeah, well here's the thing about that.

Some of us warned that Wayne was going to sink the NRA years ago and that the best plan was to force him out then and start to rebuild. Years ago.

Others who shall remain nameless, argued that Wayne was such an effective lobbyist that it didn't matter if he was skimming some off the top, he was just that good.

We tried to point out that the NRA could not be both corrupt and effective at the same time, and that Wayne's corruption would come back to haunt all of us if left to fester. But it fell on deaf ears.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey NRA, Texas is full, try the west coast.

I have wanted to believe they were doing all the good, but since WLP took control it was "full retard" on the chinesium "USA" gifts and paper overload.

We have the  TSRA, which is plenty good and could serve as a lobbying org for all USA.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Now everyone flock to .org's that are proactive like the GOA.
View Quote
People could have already done that, no one is prohibited from joining multiple orgs.  People will continue to make excuses to do nothing like they always have.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#10]
... hopefull, Wayne leaves office too
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
People could have already done that, no one is prohibited from joining multiple orgs.  People will continue to make excuses to do nothing like they always have.
View Quote

Exactly.

I am a member of GOA, SAF, FPC, VCDL, and hell, even Calguns at times and I've never lived there.  If you're only supporting one, you're doing it wrong.

But as much as I cannot stand Wayne and Hammer, no other organization has been as effective in the halls of Congress and that's where you stop federal legislation from fucking us. 100% effective? Absolutely not. Have they given in on things they shouldn't have? Absolutely.  But none of these other organizations has any sway at all in Congress, and if you don't think that's going to bite us in the ass, sit back and watch what happens in the next couple of years.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Giving the NRA money today only postpones the eventual day of reckoning that must come when Wayne is ushered out the door. And that day will one day arrive. Wayne's a 71 year old man. If we don't push him out the Grim Reaper will eventually.

Too bad Wayne wasn't pushed out say ..... 4 years ago at the beginning of a Republican term.  The NRA would be largely back up and running if that had occurred.

But Wayne had far too many enablers in our community for that to ever have happened. So now we're stuck with a virtually useless NRA as the left takes complete control of two of our three branches of government.

Those of you that gave Wayne your unquestioning support ..... the left thanks you.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What changed?
The NRA probably should advocate the banning of things. They would get more money that way I bet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What changed?

Or advocate for RFLs. (again)
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#14]
No organization that runs off memberships and donations can ever survive the impression (or in this case the fact) that the people in charge are a bunch of crooks robbing the membership blind.

If the CEO of Apple is skimming some off the top, they can survive that as long as people are still happy with the product. But if you're a non-profit you'll never survive the impression that money given to your organization is buying the chief executive fancy vacations, expensive suits, new homes, and hot little interns.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

well, my stand and fight challenge coins, should have said stand and fight, just not today

as much good as the nra has done, I think they have done almost as much damage
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No organization that runs off memberships and donations can ever survive the impression (or in this case the fact) that the people in charge are a bunch of crooks robbing the membership blind.

If the CEO of Apple is skimming some off the top, they can survive that as long as people are still happy with the product. But if you're a non-profit you'll never survive the impression that money given to your organization is buying the chief executive fancy vacations, expensive suits, new homes, and hot little interns.

View Quote

All of which only adds to the problem with Lapierre. Had he pit the organization above his own interests even slightly, he'd have seen that the best thing to do would have been to step down during Trump's first year. Instead, he doubled down on bluster and bullshit.

Now we're told that a bankruptcy isn't a bankruptcy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I get a kick out of these threads.

The NRA abandoned millions of gun owners in places like NY and CA. Most didn’t care.

“Hurr durr, move to a free state.”

The NJ, MD, MA, CT.

“Elections have consequences, derp derp. You can’t expect the NRA to fight behind enemy lines!”

Then CO, VT and FL.

“Uhhh, the NRA. Where are they? Please help! Hit this poll! Call our representatives!”

Then they ran out against bump stocks and advocated for RFLs.

“Fuck the NRA! Fuck Wayne!”

Most people never belonged to the NRA. Most people who did belong never voted in the elections.

And here we are.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

All of which only adds to the problem with Lapierre. Had he pit the organization above his own interests even slightly, he'd have seen that the best thing to do would have been to step down during Trump's first year. Instead, he doubled down on bluster and bullshit.

Now we're told that a bankruptcy isn't a bankruptcy.
View Quote

If LaPierre wasn't corrupt and did care about preserving 2nd amendment rights, it would be past time for him to depart.

He's 71 years old. His generation of gun owners are passing on. He is not an effective communicator to the younger generations of gun owners or potential gun owners.

At some point you've got to pull out the old vaudeville hook and yank these people off the stage.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I just paid off my Benefactor upgrade yesterday...  

Mother fucker.

Wonder if I'll still get my gift?

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#22]
This is prolly a really good time for the NRA to do such.  Partially defeats Xiden’s continued boasting that he’ll defeat the NRA and provides the opportunity for the NRA to revamp and reconstitute (re-fit, re-org, and re-equip).  New leadership is required or nothing will change.

We’ll see what actually happens, though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is prolly a really good time for the NRA to do such.  Partially defeats Xiden’s continued boasting that he’ll defeat the NRA and provides the opportunity for the NRA to revamp and reconstitute (re-fit, re-org, and re-equip).  New leadership is required or nothing will change.

We’ll see what actually happens, though.
View Quote

I will be surprised if any of what needs to done happens
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Wayne La Pier sure did all he could to kill it
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#25]
As usual I would just like to take this moment to remind everyone here that I (along with a few others) were systemically trashed, insulted, chided and chastised over the past 10-15 years for simply questioning what the NRA was doing or not doing for our right(s).

And look at where we are today...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Our governor will shit a kidney if NRA relocates here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Start checking real estate postings for "Land for sale" in NE New Mexico

Our governor will shit a kidney if NRA relocates here.

I think he's wondering if Whittingdon Center will be up for sale.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what is called misinformation.

The NRA opposed Heller.
The NRA supported a ban on new machine guns refusing to fight the Hughes Amendment in 1986.
The NRA literally created the term 'sporting use' for the 1968 GCA.
The NRA supported the 1934 NFA.
The NRA created the 10 round max ammo rule in the 1930's by advising states that anything with over 10 rounds was a machine gun.
The NRA supported 'gun free zones'.

Literally every major advance in 2A laws has come from outside the NRA and funded by individuals and state orgs.

Show me 1 thing the NRA did to advance gun rights in the past 10 years?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Perfect?  Hell, the NRA has not even been satisfactory.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Okay, setting aside what happened, what didn't happen, and what should have happened, what's the path forward? I mean other than gloating?  What's the path forward to having an effective national-level pro-2A org that can actually influence members of Congress?

With a super majority, the Democrats don't need a single Republican now to implement national-level bans.  So yeah, get over the gloating and what's the path forward? Personally, I don't see us having time to grow GOA or SAF into something like that.  The only path forward seems to be to reform the NRA, getting rid of Wayne and Marion, and thus far that has been impossible.

So other than give up, what's the plan? I challenge us all to be part of the solution, and not hecklers on the sidelines who aren't in the game.

Me? I have no idea, but I'm not dead yet, so I'm not giving up.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The only path forward seems to be to reform the NRA, getting rid of Wayne and Marion, and thus far that has been impossible.
View Quote

Not to mention that the other higher ups there who'd replace them are just as bad.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Would have been nice of them to notify their members of their intentions instead of hearing about it on the news. I'm still hoping to win a new truck loaded with guns and cash.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
im very sad to see the concept fall.

im not at all sad to see the current leadership fall.

whatever happened to the mod that was always locking people for talking trash facts about the NRA? can we say they suck now and are a total waste of money because they'll sell your rights out for a new beach home?
View Quote

He is still a member, but his info no longer says Mod or Site Staff.  He hasnt posted since April of last year.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Then CO, VT and FL.

View Quote

Don't be silly!  Unified Sportsmen of Florida has been tirelessly fighting the good fight!

Look:

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

He is still a member, but his info no longer says Mod or Site Staff.  He hasnt posted since April of last year.
View Quote

I think he got hit in the head by a flipper.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I think he got hit in the head by a flipper.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I've been telling people the NRA was garbage for the last 7 or 8 years.
Either I have magical powers of observation, or the 2A community is too slow on the uptake.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
NRA chief sought purchase of $6 million mansion in wake of Parkland shooting

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/XTUZIIFZGII6TDUDJZTIP2MYCQ.jpg&w=916

Now you know why you get all those NRA fundraiser emails and calls.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/documents-show-nra-discussions-to-purchase-luxury-mansion-for-use-of-its-chief-executive/2019/08/06/eb8b0490-b7ce-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
NRA chief sought purchase of $6 million mansion in wake of Parkland shooting

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/XTUZIIFZGII6TDUDJZTIP2MYCQ.jpg&w=916

Now you know why you get all those NRA fundraiser emails and calls.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/documents-show-nra-discussions-to-purchase-luxury-mansion-for-use-of-its-chief-executive/2019/08/06/eb8b0490-b7ce-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html

One aspect of the property that concerned Susan LaPierre was the lack of space in the men’s closet of the master bedroom, the emails show.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You sound like a battered wife making excuses for the abuse.
"Someone/something wasn't perfect."
Not even close to being good, let alone perfect.

You carry enough water for them to float that boat and it's sickitating.
It does a sad... really it does.

But on the brightside. The one take away from the demise of Fudds R' Us is-Con members out of money to fund lavish lifestyles while endorsing the erosion of rights of current and future generations, a slow and painful demise is going to be the end result. Don't copy the NRAs homework, don't wind up bankrupt.

NRA hasn't done anything to make up for their current and past blunders. Instead they double down on it.

Proof positive was when cat lady went on the attack of @Miami_JBT.
Now he Florida GOA
Funny, I got an email from his GOA notifying me of constitutional carry being proposed for Florida.
Where was cat lady's email? Still waiting.
Fudds R Us? Crickets and HALP! SAVE US! GIB MONEYS! GET CHICOM MADE KNIVES AND HATS!

So perhaps it's not arfcom who is shakey in their principles/foundation...
Because arfcom did actually do something themselves. They cut ties to a paper tiger that conned them out of rights and charged them for it too.

That takes balls to say arfcom complained nobody was on their side and insinuate it's their fault.

I will grant you the fact arfcom quite often gets shit wrong and seeks others to do work because Muh jobz Muh familyz shtick. 6 months-a year ago arfcom squawked the burbz were bastions of conservatism and we saw how that turned out. 61% of their women voted for bidet... the posts/threads about bidet signs popping up left and right in Muh burbz. Defending Muh property valuez and willingly foolishly pay more in property taxes to fund their demise as it supposedly keeps the riff raff out of their burbz... As the riff raff poured in like ants, proof with bidet signs/bumper stickers... so yeah. There is alot arfcom gets wrong.

But arfcom was never wrong about the NRA.

You can't deny speaking critically and wondering what's up over at the NRA resulted in TBK1 going on the assault to burn accounts, deny it, and Pengwin call him out on it. Now does that sound like a proactive way to make positive changes within the NRA or does that sound like a petty tyrant getting the serfs back in line by making examples out of those criticising the short comings and blunders of Fudds'R Us?

Literally it's 1 hand washes the other. Our hand washed theirs with cash. Their hand bonked ours with a mallet.
And yet again. Like that battered wife. Here you are surprise, surprise, trying to rally for an irrelevant ineffective social club for fudds posing as a civil rights foundation. As if shit will be different this time... as if no other .org can fill that void... if we don't defend the NRA who will defend us?!
As if what little they've done in the past makes up for current and most recent fuck ups...

There's plenty in line willing to fill that void. And if they're smart? They'll learn from NRAs mistakes, and use the NRAs rotting carcass as a lesson.
Don't pose as a pro2A entity while enriching fudds and adopt leftist demands as needed Compromises because Muh big picturez...
Don't wind up bankrupt irrelevant and circling the drain like the polished turd it is.

We done compromising.
That boomer ideology of if we sacrifice something the left wants, we get to keep garands revolvers lever and bolt action rifles can croak with the NRA too.
Muh big picturez. Where was that line of thought proposed before I was born when machine guns were banned?

Oooooooo that's right.
Wayne Lapierre thought banning machine guns was a good thing and a necessity.

Former NRA lobbyist Richard Feldman, who has since parted ways with the organization, tells NPR that Wayne LaPierre, currently NRA's executive vice president, was willing to let the machine gun ban go forward if it meant the larger bill it was attached to would pass.

"I remember very well having dinner ... with Wayne LaPierre on the big victory after it passed the House," he says. "And we weren't too concerned about the machine gun issue, but it came back to haunt Warren Cassidy."

Opening The Door?

At the time, Cassidy headed the NRA's lobby, the Institute for Legislative Action. He confirms now that LaPierre, who did not respond to a request for comment, pushed hard to let the machine gun ban stand.

"He said, 'I want to do it. I think we have to do it.' So I said yes, and that was the end of the story. It passed, and as we learned immediately, an element of NRA, a very vociferous element of NRA ... determined that it just couldn't be that way," Cassidy says. "We couldn't give an inch. I don't think they ever forgave me for it."

Fuck Wayne lapierre. Fuck the NRA.
I'll take them serious when they push to repeal Hughes and offer a public statement in regards to their short sighted ignorant support of redflag laws, purposely fast and loose ripe for abuse, and admit to trying to shill liberal feelz based logic as the compelling force behind their brain fart of an idea of redflag laws.

As should every arfcommer and pro2A individual.

Aside from that, we good. But God damn man, you do carry enough water to float that boat for them... that shit needs to stop....
It's sad. Truly, it is sad.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just hit the news...

NRA Smoked
View Quote

“You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time”

Looks like the big wigs chose some of the people all of the time to live a billionaire lifestyle

“There’s a sucker born every minute”
Some people never learn
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#40]
They spent all of their money on postage for those sappy letters and Chinese made duffelbags.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#41]
the NRA is doomed for the same reason the USA is

as long as they control who the candidates are the situation will never change
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#42]
I was wondering when SWIRE would be along to defend the NRA.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#43]
the NRA is doomed for the same reason the USA is

as long as they control who the candidates are the situation will never change
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Not surprised. A lot of non-profit orgs these days are just ways for certain people in leadership positions to get rich. Same crazy salaries that some in the NRA have groups like WWP have had similar issue. I hope the grassroots 2a orgs don’t follow the NRAs example. Though I fear that some have begun since suddenly getting large influxes cash from donations the past few years with people dumping the NRA. Hopefully those groups don’t exist in name only and are actually lobbying, and not withdrawing from events and laying low just to maintain self preservation and keep the dollars coming in. That is a short game that won’t last long with this new admin coming into office. Talking about doing something isn’t going to work. Action, not words.
View Quote

Thank You for that. Very few people know about what really goes on behind the scenes of a Non Profit. Very little money or action goes into their stated cause, most of it goes into raising money essentially for their own salaries. Numbers are easily and legally manipulated for IRS purposes

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Giving the NRA money today only postpones the eventual day of reckoning that must come when Wayne is ushered out the door. And that day will one day arrive. Wayne's a 71 year old man. If we don't push him out the Grim Reaper will eventually.

Too bad Wayne wasn't pushed out say ..... 4 years ago at the beginning of a Republican term.  The NRA would be largely back up and running if that had occurred.

But Wayne had far too many enablers in our community for that to ever have happened. So now we're stuck with a virtually useless NRA as the left takes complete control of two of our three branches of government.

Those of you that gave Wayne your unquestioning support ..... the left thanks you.

View Quote

He's like the Sally Struthers for the NRA. And the starving biafra kids are irrelevant corrupt geezers in expensive suits.
It's impressive-his dedication.
But it's sad.

For the price of a case of M193 and current and future generations rights, you can make a difference!

I enjoy most of his posts and that house restoration thread of his. But God damn do I disagree entirely with his devotion to Fudds R Us...
Literally battered wife syndrome. I'm sure he means well... but meaning well doesn't solve or fix anything...
I do agree with his premise many here are complacent and lazy, wanting someone else to do something. He's not wrong there. Before goat boy scrubbed the archives there were many threads and many posts which could be copy pasta'd to provide proof of that. Along with the excuses for the complacency/lazy/inaction/somebody else do something, too.
That's worthy of a thread all by itself though.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The NRA wine club is........over???

Seriously though, it's an historic American organization with a largely very proud history. The 2A had no better champion for decades and decades. I take no delight in seeing their fall. None.

I'd take a lot of delight in seeing WLP and the rest of its leadership fall.....but not the NRA itself. They absolutely destroyed it and it's membership along with it.

View Quote

Agreed.  

It's like the fall of Imperial Germany after WWI; it had to happen because they were asking for it, but worse things are going to come about as a result.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Not to mention that the other higher ups there who'd replace them are just as bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only path forward seems to be to reform the NRA, getting rid of Wayne and Marion, and thus far that has been impossible.

Of course,  same thing as our political parties.  

Equally complicit, they pushed out those that would stop the cash raiding.  The honest folks were pushed out or ran away.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:32:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Hopefully part of their plan is to remove the turds in leadership roles that helped get them into their current state of disaster.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hopefully part of their plan is to remove the turds in leadership roles that helped get them into their current state of disaster.
View Quote

That's the opposite of their plan.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Again?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top