[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope
View Quote

Exactly.  Why worry?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been buying food  for the last four years. IMHO you had your head in the sand if you didn't see this coming four years ago. I've been doing it for 4 years and still its not enough, it is never enough. Im old infantry guy with numerous medical issues however I know my heart and my love for this country too well not get involved; no matter how much my experience and sensible side tells me otherwise, I cannot be sidelined. So it is imperative that my family is at least fed, one less worry for me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Most we will see will be a few riots. It's mostly the gov I'm worried about short term fucking my life up.... boog boys maybe a few years from now in response to dumbass dem tyranny.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nope
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't care anymore.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Still stocked up from Y2K!

Did scout a creek today that a buddy said was backing up.

Will get some 330s in there next week or two, for Beaverfest 2021!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71410/IMG_20210115_112153677_jpg-1780540.JPG

Beaver loin cloth, beaver BBQ, we're be fine.
View Quote

I'm hoping to eat some beaver too
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not particularly, in the time frame you've specified.

Mid/long term, yeah.  As are several immigrant friends who came here to escape what they see happening here over the last few years.
View Quote

I know a few of those, from different countries where things went really south.

Listening to them, they use almost the exact same wording, and it always starts with "I have seen this before."

I'm a little shocked at the number of people in here who think this is no big deal, and life will carry on normally. It won't... but I hope it does.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I figure that if things get really bad I can run out and buy a lot of guns, ammo, food and water to be safe.
No big rush yet.
View Quote

Lol. You’ve got no idea how many people still think this is the case. I don’t either, but it’s not even close to uncommon.

My parents neighbors were running their mouths about civil war and how they “weren’t gonna take the election laying down” and were gonna “arm themselves if necessary”.

I politely informed them of the guns/ammo situation and, after they wiped the stupid look off of their faces said…wait for it…(you guessed it)…”we’ll just come to your house” ??
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have prepped as well as I can, everything else is in gods hands now.
View Quote

Agreed.  I'm strangely calm, or maybe just out of fucks to give.  I am about as prepared as I can be for a complete unknown.  I am more concerned at this point about keeping comms up and talking to close friends.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nope
View Quote

FPNI

All hype.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, there are terror targets that are beefing up security. I won't say what or where.
We got an email today asking for volunteers to work 12 hour shifts for one of the major ones.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#12]
We don't have have to go into work until next Thursday if any of us feel unsafe.  

I told my employer I will be at the office next week unless they close it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not particularly, in the time frame you've specified.

Mid/long term, yeah.  As are several immigrant friends who came here to escape what they see happening here over the last few years.
View Quote

My wife went to a get-together where one set of guests were older and from Romania.  They're shitting their pants right now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
At some point you have to realize events are out of your control and just go with the flow.
View Quote

Thats right.  Deck is stacked.

I have a pretty good idea that we are going to get fucked on many levels.  I cannot stop that.  I did everything i could to do my part to stop it.

I am going to live my life the best i can until until something happens that i and many of you cannot stand.  I figure someone will set it off and I will go with the patriots.

If anyone tries to hurt my family or my property I am going to use the appropriate force to stop the threat.

I am going to be nice until its time to stop being nice.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Someone else probably said it, but it's wise to have food storage regardless if anything happens or not. I am more worried about a stock market/dollar crash than full scorched earth in next week, but either way you need food. Remember covid bs last year, people freaked panicked and people had stanky ass from lack of TP for several months. Better to put some of your money in assets and food, so if dollar does crash, your not wiping with Benjamin's instead.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Good one,a lot wont get it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I keep having dreams of an old woman telling me to come to Nebraska.

Good one,a lot wont get it.

Weasels in the corn!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nope
View Quote

Not a bit because literally nothing eventful will happen. We’ll just slowly go into decline over the next two years.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Nope. I’m too old to live in fear. I’m ready for any situation.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yes, there are terror targets that are beefing up security. I won't say what or where.
We got an email today asking for volunteers to work 12 hour shifts for one of the major ones.
View Quote

Yeah we know.

We’re trying to figure out WHY.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Whatever. No need in stressing about it. I'll deal with whatever.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#23]
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

I don't even care. Let nukes fly let it all collapse. The future does not look promising or bright. Looks like famine, death, and poverty.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Probably the same people that thought there was a legitimize coup attempt in Washington and think Trump is going to declare himself emperor and use the military to stay in power.

It’s also a way to make everything about themselves “look at poor me and how scared I am”.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah we know.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah we know.

Picture this, if the Nashville bomber had hit a major facility, It would have been 500 times worst.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Let’s face it.  From now on, no matter how bad it is today, tomorrow will be worse.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have prepped as well as I can, everything else is in gods hands now.
View Quote

+1

I can only control my very small sphere of influence.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

#no.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Acts 2:17
"'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

This is mostly what I'm hearing about.  Visions & Dreams.  

You got to admit, things don't feel or seem right, right now.  

There's been a Great Delusion over people recently more than normal.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Tp.

Get the tp.
View Quote
I bought another Costco pack on Wednesday.  It is going to be a shitty year.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#31]
I am nominally preparedness minded.

Not getting the "of happenings" vibe out of this.

I don't think there will be armed right wing protestors or Chinese troops all over the nation, I don't think Trump is going to get the NG to arrest the government or anything like that.

About the only two potential darkhorse situations I could see happening is some terrorist taking advantage of the situation or the incoming Xiden administration doing something utterly nuts like immediately initiating a 30-60 day national lockdown over China virus.
Again, both are highly unlikely.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

#no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#no.
Lol, 12hr shift is a normal day for me....
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
One of my coworker friends asked if I'm freaking out the other day. He knows I've generally been on edge about election stuff. I said no I'm feeling good and that calmed him down some.

War is likely coming, but not this week. It will be all the gun control bills that send our country spiraling. I'm not looking forward to it but I'm done being scared.
View Quote

I expect this weekend to spawn gun control bills.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#34]
I fully expect something will be orchistrated to happen to further the Democrat's agenda.  If nothing else - so they can show how they restored peace, order, and the economy afterwards.  That said, I would not be surprised if they don't also use it to try to pass anti-gun legislation and develop a controllable national police force.

I doubt anything will happen that will effect me personally immediately - but we are in for a wild ride for the next 2 years legislatively.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Lulz.

We prepared a house in the country to stay in for the months of December and January. Fully stocked up too. I didn't wanna be anywhere near a city.

So yeah.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#36]

This was nice to see again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#38]
flags that are false on the 20th.

then the fun
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Talked plans with a few trusted friends, prayed every night, and kissed my wife every day. Aside from that, no. I’m busting my ass day in and day out trying to make something of myself, same as any other day.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Nah. Not this week.

Maybe in a few months when the commies try to pull a power move.

If Chinese aliens come down and want to fuck around then so be it. I’ve got what I need. Not letting a bunch of dipshit brainless politicians worry me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Not spooked.  Resigned to the fact that something crazy might happen.  Not a shooting event but this;

Hillary will not let go of the big prize taken from her.

I had known of her dealings and wants in Arkansas.   Bill getting the WH was a stepping stone to the throne for her. But she has been denied due to her very toxic nature even with Democrats.

I still see Biden being incapacitated for health reasons (before the inauguration) and Hill being appointed by the DNC/electors as POTUS.

Or, Biden serves for 6 months, resigns, Kam as pres, nominates Hillary for VP, then Kam resigns.

Far fetched?  Maybe.  But keep your eyes on Hillary.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#42]
No. I'm literally done budging or adjusting. Whatever happens, happens, but dead or in prison, so be it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
flags that are false on the 20th.

then the fun
View Quote

This.

The media narrative and the behaviors of the government are laying the foundation for reichstag fires all around the country.

Then comes the response.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I haven’t heard anything credible.

My wife, however, just walked to the garage and asked what I’ve heard about some big shake-up on Monday. According to her knitting circles DJT is going to unload a treasure trove of dirt on the entire leftest power structure. This will cause the left to panic and shut down all communications to stop the signal from getting out. Cash only because all CC and ATM communications will be down.

I gave her more tinfoil and told her not to put it on so tight this time.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Nope, not spooked. God is in control and my trust is in Him.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nope. I’m too old to live in fear. I’m ready for any situation.
View Quote

“It was always Fumbles”...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Tp.

Get the tp.
View Quote

Chichi,

Get the yayo
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#48]
No its out of my hands.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I don't care anymore.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I fully expect something will be orchistrated to happen to further the Democrat's agenda.  If nothing else - so they can show how they restored peace, order, and the economy afterwards.  That said, I would not be surprised if they don't also use it to try to pass anti-gun legislation and develop a controllable national police force.

I doubt anything will happen that will effect me personally immediately - but we are in for a wild ride for the next 2 years legislatively.
View Quote

Kinda where I'm at.  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top