Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Holly shit Bohr is laying on the holier than thou sanctimonious I'm more educated than you I'm the only adult shit more than usual.  It's a sight to behold!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

His side is winning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Zukhov. You are wrong because you believe that you can win following the rules. The bad side doesn’t

His side is winning.

No no you see he just really respects the man as a general. Nothing to do with the man's high esteem in the communist party and his willingness to force political prisoners into battle at gunpoint, or his miraculous survival of the officer purges that somehow didn't involve leading other lambs to the slaughter.

As a general, really! Just about the tactics!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Holly shit Bohr is laying on the holier than thou sanctimonious I'm more educated than you I'm the only adult shit more than usual.  It's a sight to behold!
View Quote

Agent provocateur

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Agent provocateur

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agent provocateur

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You're time of my taking you seriously has passed the middle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There were several people who responded with "But there was an Antifa guy that started it!!!"

Even IF that was the case, little kids know that "If your buddy jumped off the bridge, would you follow him?" isn't a valid excuse. I can't even wrap may head around that grown adults are using that excuse. "Hey bro, let's storm the Capitol and burn it down". WOULD YOU? Does that sounds reasonable? That's not even taking into consideration that all the other people who have been arrested all have MAGA/QAnon background.

It took this long?

Clearly you missed the Kenosha thread.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It took this long?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There were several people who responded with "But there was an Antifa guy that started it!!!"

Even IF that was the case, little kids know that "If your buddy jumped off the bridge, would you follow him?" isn't a valid excuse. I can't even wrap may head around that grown adults are using that excuse. "Hey bro, let's storm the Capitol and burn it down". WOULD YOU? Does that sounds reasonable? That's not even taking into consideration that all the other people who have been arrested all have MAGA/QAnon background.

It took this long?

He does not realize that what we believe is correct "protesting" is irrelevant.. there is only two things that matter. what do you believe.. and what tribe will murder your family for what you believe...

the lines have been drawn.. act accordingly
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You tried “principled conservatives” and what happened? Mom Jeans Romney,the least masculine chooser of masculine pronouns in modern Republican history,was accused of being a general in the War on Women. Do you even remember the War on Women? It was about 12 outrages ago so you can be excused for it having slipped your mind.  
 Its hilarious that some of you think you can actually bargain away enough to appease the far left who is driving American society right now. Your 2024 platform could include funding of Planned Parenthood and it won’t be enough because you compromised on only making abortion available on demand to women over 18 rather than all xersons of any age. Go ahead and try though,it will be funny to see the Republicans kneeling in kente cloth 4 years too late.

View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Agent provocateur

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agent provocateur

So, what is it? Is it bullshit to get lumped in with the people who attacked the capitol, or is anyone who has anything against what happened at the capitol a quisling attacking all conservatives?

Does it take some kind if super duper education to recognize that these two things can't exist in the same logical worldview?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes, you speak for all of arfcom. And the OP, who is actually arfcom staff? He doesn't speak for anyone. And because I agree with him, and disagree with you, I am attacking all of arfcom.

This logic exists in your world, that same world where apparently it's anti-Republican lies to suggest what happened at the Capitol was anything close to insurrection (even though Republican congressman and Senators have called it as much), while defending those who cite the Declaration of Independence (an argument for insurrection to justify it taking place. But then you suggest that was not what you were defending, even while, in seemingly your next breath, you suggest that those who support what just happened in the Capitol somehow represent all Republicans. Thus when I suggested their motivations hinged on a marxist world view, it was an attack on all Republicans. Honestly, my head spins trying to keep up.

My only questions are this stage is: Is there any behavior, by anyone resisting various Left wing agendas, that you are willing to say crosses a moral line for you, and not "might as well do it, they'll accuse us of it anyway?"  Is there any criticism of any activity done in the name of resisting Left wing ideology, that you will not interpret as an attack on all Conservatives?
View Quote

LOL. You really do like expanding the issue and making massive strawmen. First of all, appeal to authority logical fallacy. That he is staff has nothing to do with the validity of his point. Z is great people and I don't think I've ever treated him negatively. I assumed that he wanted to have a philosophical discussion and I think that my reply to him was not disrespectful nor out of line. He made a point and I made a counterpoint--in keeping with intellectual debate.

You, OTOH, have this...eternal contrarian position..where you are convinced that everyone around you is the lesser person and I'm amazed that you hang out here that you have so mush distain for us.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least he's consistent. Has been so for years.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Last summer, I got into several heated debates about the ongoing riots. There were some who stridently argued that ALL people involved in the BLM-type riots were commies, they all should know better, and therefore they were ALL guilty and deserving of the highest punishment, which included throwing them into ovens as one person claimed. I pointed out that using that standard, "our" side could be in real trouble and that I prefer to judge people individually for what they had or hadn't done, not by guilt by association. I was criticized by quite a few, and called a "commie" by several.

Now, after the Capitol riots of last week, I wonder how you feel now that the shoe is on the other foot. How many lefties are condemning the entirety of conservatism by the actions of a few misguided QAnons and MAGA types? Are we all Nazis? Should we have known better than to associate with conservatism? Should WE be thrown into ovens?

I maintain my original position: Judge each person according to their merit, not necessarily by their association. That is all...
View Quote

With every passing day we see more evidence from credible sources of implanted ANTIFA/BLM operatives. I’m betting far fewer Qanon/MAGA types participated in anything other than the velvet rope tours (where they were allowed in by security) we all saw on the non “riot” side of the building,
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:35:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

LOL. You really do like expanding the issue and making massive strawmen. First of all, appeal to authority logical fallacy. That he is staff has nothing to do with the validity of his point. Z is great people and I don't think I've ever treated him negatively. I assumed that he wanted to have a philosophical discussion and I think that my reply to him was not disrespectful nor out of line. He made a point and I made a counterpoint--in keeping with intellectual debate.

You, OTOH, have this...eternal contrarian position..where you are convinced that everyone around you is the lesser person and I'm amazed that you hang out here that you have so mush distain for us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, you speak for all of arfcom. And the OP, who is actually arfcom staff? He doesn't speak for anyone. And because I agree with him, and disagree with you, I am attacking all of arfcom.

This logic exists in your world, that same world where apparently it's anti-Republican lies to suggest what happened at the Capitol was anything close to insurrection (even though Republican congressman and Senators have called it as much), while defending those who cite the Declaration of Independence (an argument for insurrection to justify it taking place. But then you suggest that was not what you were defending, even while, in seemingly your next breath, you suggest that those who support what just happened in the Capitol somehow represent all Republicans. Thus when I suggested their motivations hinged on a marxist world view, it was an attack on all Republicans. Honestly, my head spins trying to keep up.

My only questions are this stage is: Is there any behavior, by anyone resisting various Left wing agendas, that you are willing to say crosses a moral line for you, and not "might as well do it, they'll accuse us of it anyway?"  Is there any criticism of any activity done in the name of resisting Left wing ideology, that you will not interpret as an attack on all Conservatives?

There are several people in this thread I have wholly agreed with. And at least one person who agreed with me at first and seemed surprised by it. That you see my back and forth with a relatively small handful of posters as some overarching epic contrarian battle against all Republicans, all arfcommers, or whatever the next group you seem to think you speak for continues to simply say a lot about you. You sure have quite the fanbase, though.

The next step in your MO now is to say that I am being disruptive to this site by standing up for myself, and calling for some sort of staff action. I suppose it's only a matter of time.

Meanwhile, you avoid my question about where you draw a moral line. You might want to ask yourself that, even if you don't want to answer here on this forum.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So, what is it? Is it bullshit to get lumped in with the people who attacked the capitol, or is anyone who has anything against what happened at the capitol a quisling attacking all conservatives?

Does it take some kind if super duper education to recognize that these two things can't exist in the same logical worldview?
View Quote

Well Ted Cruz called them terrorists.  I assume you agree with Ted.  If your idea of a terrorist is someone sitting in a desk and taking selfies then we have a problem.  Anyone that tries to even compare what happened at the capitol to those who murder(ANTIFA) and behead people(ISIS) are a) mentally unstable or b) on drugs.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Ted Cruz is bashing Republicans now too?

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:47:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Get back to when there are 90 straight nights of Conservatives rioting and the local police and governments sit by and allow it to happen.

Until then it's apples and oranges.

There are too many examples of Leftist riots that it's a cliche.

Shit, Seattle has an annually scheduled riot on May day each year.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:48:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There are several people in this thread I have wholly agreed with. And at least one person who agreed with me at first and seemed surprised by it. That you see my back and forth with a relatively small handful of posters as some overarching epic contrarian battle against all Republicans, all arfcommers, or whatever the next group you seem to think you speak for continues to simply say a lot about you. You sure have quite the fanbase, though.

The next step in your MO now is to say that I am being disruptive to this site by standing up for myself, and calling for some sort of staff action. I suppose it's only a matter of time.

Meanwhile, you avoid my question about where you draw a moral line. You might want to ask yourself that, even if you don't want to answer here on this forum.

View Quote

I don’t think I’ve called you disruptive in this thread, just that you have a general distain for most denizens of arf.  That you “agree with” a couple—or more accurately you are cool with those few who agree with you does not obviate your general distain for your peers.

As for “the moral line” question—yeah, “our side” shouldn’t smash shit up. However, that statement does not remove the salient fact that “our side” smashing things up is, up to this point, an anomaly. Over decades, from the tea party to the open up protests, to the gun rights demonstrations, conservatives are law and order types whereas the left as a matter of course are destructive and have been so since the 1960s. Thus it is my opinion that it is illogical to draw moral equivalence between the two.  I think that this is both a reasonable and logical position to have.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:55:46 AM EDT
[#20]
I love this thread so much. Such delusion and self satisfaction finally being called to task.
Glorious.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This fucking guy..

I wouldn't be surprised this fella isn't some antifa clown working for the fbi.

"What crosses the moral line for you?"

Obvious provocateur line of questioning.

Were you at the capitol? I got to ask.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of them fit into the narrative.

That you pretend not to understand what Zhukov posted, is very telling.

You pretend not to even read what is in this very thread.

I understand what he said and, as I clearly explained, I thought it a false equivalence—unless you think the American revolutionaries against king Geordie were the same as the Marxist revolutionaries again the Tsar—in which case you are a lost cause.

I know a lost cause when see one. It's trying to have a grown up conversation with you.

Actually my argument was the “adult one.” You revert to your typical “all ARFCOM is beneath me” schtick

This fucking guy..

Anyone who doesn’t agree with MEEEEEE is part of the vast conspiracy...

The (not so) new ARFCOM logic...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think what it is relative to people objecting to what you and Zhukov are saying is that you both appear to be gravitating towards an ideology like this one:

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would venture to guess that roughly 110% of people who voted for the braindead moron are fine with the "1984" tactics of the Left.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I would venture to guess that roughly 110% of people who voted for the braindead moron are fine with the "1984" tactics of the Left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s just what THEY want you to think...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Feee278cc648486ac142c8d16b1cd0184%2Ftenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1

No no you see he just really respects the man as a general. Nothing to do with the man's high esteem in the communist party and his willingness to force political prisoners into battle at gunpoint, or his miraculous survival of the officer purges that somehow didn't involve leading other lambs to the slaughter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Zukhov. You are wrong because you believe that you can win following the rules. The bad side doesn’t

His side is winning.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Feee278cc648486ac142c8d16b1cd0184%2Ftenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Don’t get baited by him dude. He did the same bullshit in the other thread. People start to point out his obvious admiration for communist leaders and he trolls for awhile before reminding people that he is a staff members who will remove you from the site. It’s his ace in the hole card he plays. When his trolling fails he moves to intimidation. Don’t get roped in to the “prove I’m a communist” game he is trying to tee up right now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Last summer, I got into several heated debates about the ongoing riots. There were some who stridently argued that ALL people involved in the BLM-type riots were commies, they all should know better, and therefore they were ALL guilty and deserving of the highest punishment, which included throwing them into ovens as one person claimed. I pointed out that using that standard, "our" side could be in real trouble and that I prefer to judge people individually for what they had or hadn't done, not by guilt by association. I was criticized by quite a few, and called a "commie" by several.

Now, after the Capitol riots of last week, I wonder how you feel now that the shoe is on the other foot. How many lefties are condemning the entirety of conservatism by the actions of a few misguided QAnons and MAGA types? Are we all Nazis? Should we have known better than to associate with conservatism? Should WE be thrown into ovens?

I maintain my original position: Judge each person according to their merit, not necessarily by their association. That is all...
View Quote
Your error is believing that the left is capable of logic and not willing to participate in violence to obtain their goals. Towit, the denial that Antifa even exists vs. the speed at which the Capital violence was denounced by Republicans.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand what he said and, as I clearly explained, I thought it a false equivalence—unless you think the American revolutionaries against king Geordie were the same as the Marxist revolutionaries again the Tsar—in which case you are a lost cause.

I know a lost cause when see one. It's trying to have a grown up conversation with you.

Actually my argument was the “adult one.” You revert to your typical “all ARFCOM is beneath me” schtick

This fucking guy..

Not a conspiracy theory.

We just had a left wing antifa/blm member infiltrate a right wing protest to goad people into "crossing their moral line".

Here we have an arfcom member goading another arfcom member into crossing his moral line.

They want right-wingers upset and to become unhinged(so do you) so they are either locked in prison or silenced.

Agent provocateurs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Like I posted earlier: Let's, for a moment, assume what you wrote is true (which it isn't): What does it say about your mental faculties that you let someone else goad you into a felony (in the former) or a CoC violation (in the latter) example? You could actually debate the point I was trying to make rather than resorting to a personal attack (not accusing you) without fear of retribution. Crazy, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a conspiracy theory.

We just had a left wing antifa/blm member infiltrate a right wing protest to goad people into "crossing their moral line".

Here we have an arfcom member goading another arfcom member into crossing his moral line.

They want right-wingers upset and to become unhinged(so do you) so they are either locked in prison or silenced.

Agent provocateurs.

Like I posted earlier: Let's, for a moment, assume what you wrote is true (which it isn't): What does it say about your mental faculties that you let someone else goad you into a felony (in the former) or a CoC violation (in the latter) example? You could actually debate the point I was trying to make rather than resorting to a personal attack (not accusing you) without fear of retribution. Crazy, right?

If you're repeatedly pushed into a corner and told you are crazy, racist, lunatic, unhinged et.al and debating results in more ridicule and censorship instead of less, then when someone comes around to provoke a crowd that's already on the edge, what do you expect to happen?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Your error is believing that the left is capable of logic and not willing to participate in violence to obtain their goals. Towit, the denial that Antifa even exists vs. the speed at which the Capital violence was denounced by Republicans.
View Quote
Wganz boiled it down quite well, Zhuk. Speaking as a friend here, I think you are wrong.

Folks calling you a commie and an agitator are also wrong. But this is not unexpected, since we allowed commie/anarchist/antifa/BLM infiltrators to come here and breed like rabbits over the last several years (which boggles my mind, and I hope site owners and staff are thinking about why that was allowed), and the shades of gray are all turning black and white everywhere, not just on arfcom. Everyone is on edge, and anyone and everyone is suspect. They have succeeded in tearing down our trust of each other, and breaking down our general coalescence, and pushing folks into groups of ideals that can be more easily pigeon-holed and disputed/canceled/doxxed etc... All part of their plan, I'm afraid. It's why "nationalism" is now a bad word, and why loving America means you are a hateful white supremacist.  

I don't have answers, but I hope we pull our collective heads out of our asses and fight back. Otherwise the future is bleak.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#33]
"Common sense" does not mean "I am right, all wordly evidence to the contrary"

Not only is the original post wrong but the ass-kicking received by both of the Smartest Men In The Room is delightful and cause of slightly chagrin feelings. Someone so passionate yet so misguided, of course it's easy to see this same pattern for many on the left and center-left. Lost in a maze of logic with a map in their hand they refuse to read.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#35]
You can't talk about yourself in the 3rd person OP, it's weird.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a conspiracy theory.

Agent provocateurs.

*sigh* you are as naive as your avatar was communist authoritarian.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not a conspiracy theory.

Agent provocateurs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This fucking guy..

Not a conspiracy theory.

Agent provocateurs.

You’re right- it’s a conspiracy of everyone against brave Patriots like you...

*eyeroll*

Look at those liberals- they can’t think for themselves!

Look what the mean liberal made me do!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Don’t get baited by him dude. He did the same bullshit in the other thread. People start to point out his obvious admiration for communist leaders and he trolls for awhile before reminding people that he is a staff members who will remove you from the site. It’s his ace in the hole card he plays. When his trolling fails he moves to intimidation. Don’t get roped in to the “prove I’m a communist” game he is trying to tee up right now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/73787/AE1A1822-E241-4792-9A7D-236EF59919C8_jpe-1781699.JPG

View Quote

Dumbest post of the day is now a lock.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
@Zhukov is wrong.

While I can wholely say that violence is not my preferred method of political discourse, Zhukov takes a position founded in idealism and skipping an entire year of the Overton Window being opened up, never mind the last decade.

Bush was in office, everyone was retarded warmongers following the monkey-Bush president. Burning the flag was acceptable, but protesting was to remain mostly peaceful. Coverage strictly one sided, few arrested.

Obama was in office, everyone who disagreed was racists. Those on the left were standing up for justice, and the "few trouble makers" were quietly dealt with, though mainly with kids gloves. Those on the right were racist trouble makers. Gun owners were racist while filming a black man carrying a rifle, with the zoom fully on the rifle so as not to see the black man carrying it.

Trump gets in office, protesting becomes a , "duty and obligation". The coverage of protests are overwhelmingly positive. Media carried hateful messaging to the people in a decidedly one directional matter. A baseball game was shot up by a deranged leftist and that single person,once linked, became 'not what we stand for, SEE LOOK WE SAID WE DON'T CONDOM IT' only to go right back into the political rhetoric. A Supreme Court Justice had a kangaroo court, complete with false accusations getting full prime time coverage without an iota of evidence. But don't worry, the media did their job to insulate the Democrat party members and ensure positive coverage to the left.

Fires erupted behind news reporters and Governors surveying damage were forced to flee. Attacks on Trump supporters were normalized. Kidnapping kids was treated like Jaywalking. State AGs ensured that rioters were let out of jail, uncharged. An organized resistance to law and order was formed, complete with phone numbers to lawyers funded by the Vice President and her staff. Hell, we weren't even allowed to ask about protesting for the purpose of COVID tracking.

That "normal and acceptable" form of protest was now violence. Violence against the community, the police, and the opposite political side. Murder in the street due to political leaning did not start with the right.

On 1/6 the Right walked through the window the Left opened and they were shocked. Only this time it wasn't the local Stop and Rob convenience store being burned. It wasn't the local hair salon being robbed, or the show store, or Best Buy and Walmart. It wasn't the police, white people, or the statues of long dead Americans being hit. The anger, through the window, was directed at  a legislature that had investigated ever nose hair on Trump but refused to look at massive voting irregularity. A judicial branch that has seen every "voter suppression" case they could find, but refused to hear last minute changes to State constitutions without the consent of the people.

With the anger being directed at them, the minions of Congress got scared and now we see the result. A combined effort to get the serfs in line.
View Quote

QFMFT

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#44]
OP is still a commie, defending commies
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Principal Skinner - It's the Children Who are Wrong.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess you score points.....but it’s a junior high argument to begin with and frankly embarrassing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

For people to control themselves and not break the law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're repeatedly pushed into a corner and told you are crazy, racist, lunatic, unhinged et.al and debating results in more ridicule and censorship instead of less, then when someone comes around to provoke a crowd that's already on the edge, what do you expect to happen?

But other people are breaking the law, destroying property, threatening other people and some of them have not been punished in a highly visible way.  Shouldn’t that mean we should do the same thing?  

Don’t we have to have an eye for an eye?  Are you saying that looking for an excuse to break the law and do what is wrong isn’t a good enterprise?  Are you saying that promoting foolish acts will only make things worse?  If so, I am truly shocked.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your expectations are unrealistic.

People are pushed to their limits and they're going to do irrational things.

You are expecting a crowd of civilians to have the discipline of a seal team?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Your expectations are unrealistic.

People are pushed to their limits and they're going to do irrational things.

You are expecting a crowd of civilians to have the discipline of a seal team?
View Quote

You and I don't always agree on things, but I agree with your assessment.  

The only thing I have to add is that some people are feeling like they're pushed to the limit, when the situation might not be as dire as they think.  Think of people who get in arguments on FB or some other platform, or have something embarrassing revealed about themselves online and commit suicide.  It isn't really the right answer, but like you say, they're going to do irrational things.  I hope people can walk themselves back from the precipice they may or may not really be at and deescalate. My $.02.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top