Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone who maintains principles and standards in an era of extremists will be deemed a traitor or worse at one time or another.

Just look at the the crowd turned in so many commentators who criticize the violence last summer and were consistent with their criticism of the violence earlier this month.

The majority of people who claim to have an issue with a given tactic or method, only really have an issue with the political view that is is attempting to advance. They will embrace those same tactics and methods they second they see an opportunity to advance their own interests.
View Quote

Well 2021 is off to an interesting start. I agree with B_A.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I've only seen you post a few times, and you've never been right.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]
We should have a "Dumbest Moderator" contest.

I know which horse to back.

We could have a side contest on "Most Consistently Smug and Condescending."
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I mean, if we'd just thrown them all in the ovens then, then we would have stopped having problems, and the capitol riot wouldnt have happened.... so I'm going to have to say they were the ones that were more right here.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#6]
One led to the other, OP. Which is why you’re wrong.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

OP is German IIRC.  That’s their thing.  Don’t take it personally.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Shhhh. Some folks here don't like it when point out that their position would condemn the people that founded this country.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/371244/thatwasdifferent-1574084.gif

But it's not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd have to give a fuck about those people in order for their opinion of me to hold any water.

Besides, you should expect to be labeled "terrorist," "seditionist," "outlaw," "traitor," or whatever other term you choose if you go against the grain. Look at the founding of this country, all the redcoats and loyalists considered the Founders and those who supported independence as traitors to the crown, and they were dealt with accordingly. Same thing occurred going the other direction too, those who wanted independence considered the redcoats and loyalists opposition that needed to be overtaken, and violently, if necessary.

Realistically, both sides (the "lawful" and those "doing the needful," and I put it in quotations because they are not always the same, or mutually exclusive) should expect to be violently resisted by the opposition should they push too far. The fact that people are shocked the police fought back against citizens invading the Capitol makes me laugh just as much as the Congressmen & women running for their lives in terror; the only question there is to ask of either outraged party is "what the fuck did you guys think would happen?"

I'm the only one I know that is apparently both shocked the people who engaged in the smidge of violence at the Capitol weren't more violent, and that the police were also not more violent in attempting to repel them.

Shhhh. Some folks here don't like it when point out that their position would condemn the people that founded this country.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/371244/thatwasdifferent-1574084.gif

But it's not.

I can smell the ignorant smugness of your post from here.

Comparing an ignorant rabid mob (that some here still want to blame on Leftist plants, as if we still can't come to grips with it) to the deliberate actions of colonial legislatures and established pillars of colonial society, just because you see yourself as aligned with that mob, is wishful thinking, not historical thinking

Hey guys, I'm not a Q-anon fucktard! I'm a spiritual heir of George fucking Washington himself!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Agreed OP , before last week Dems never wanted to kill conservatives , or silence them , it's just after the antifa UCs busted into the capit......wait a second , it's almost like some kind of ......of....an untrue banner thingy .

You're too naive .
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Like I care what the Dr. from Flash Gordon has to say about it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#11]
50-100 "conservatives"

vs

100% BLM/Antifa

LMAO GD

Much sameness.  JFC
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What consequences did leftists face as a group for their many many instances of violent and unlawful behavior?  

What consequences are right leaning folks going to face for a single, less violent act?

The truth is, the political left has enjoyed a near monopoly on political violence in our lifetimes.  The right has allowed that to happen, and we will all have to deal with the consequences.
View Quote

How does one impose consequences on a group of people who are simply grouped together by virtue of being leftists?

This post highlights the whole issue.

I believe it’s immoral to impose group guilt.

This is actually the tool of the left when they argue for systematic racism. It’s a shortcut to proof of guilt. They want to shortcut due process, so they begin with premise that presumes guilt of the group. Then the only proof required prior to punishment is simply membership in the group.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#13]
The left doesn't give a shit how you felt about BLM and Antifa.  Not pushing back just emboldens them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone who maintains principles and standards in an era of extremists will be deemed a traitor or worse at one time or another.

Just look at the the crowd turned in so many commentators who criticize the violence last summer and were consistent with their criticism of the violence earlier this month.

The majority of people who claim to have an issue with a given tactic or method, only really have an issue with the political view that is is attempting to advance. They will embrace those same tactics and methods they second they see an opportunity to advance their own interests.

I'm surprised you could make sense out of that with the atrocious typos. Fixed now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Lol. Sure, you THINK you were.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How does one impose consequences on a group of people who are simply grouped together by virtue of being leftists?

This is actually the tool of the left when they argue for systematic racism. It’s a shortcut to proof of guilt. They want to shortcut due process, so they begin with premise that presumes guilt of the group. Then the only proof required prior to punishment is simply membership in the group.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What consequences did leftists face as a group for their many many instances of violent and unlawful behavior?  

What consequences are right leaning folks going to face for a single, less violent act?

The truth is, the political left has enjoyed a near monopoly on political violence in our lifetimes.  The right has allowed that to happen, and we will all have to deal with the consequences.

They’re going to sure as hell find a way to punish all of us for the DC thing, so there’s that....

The real key issue is that only one side in this fight is being constrained by any rules, and that’s us.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Who gives a fuck?
Do you think they'd be ok with us if this never happened?
Fuck them. There is no appeasing the left.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Who gives a fuck?
Do you think they'd be ok with us if this never happened?
Fuck them. There is no appeasing the left.
View Quote

I like the cut of your jib.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Last summer, I got into several heated debates about the ongoing riots. There were some who stridently argued that ALL people involved in the BLM-type riots were commies, they all should know better, and therefore they were ALL guilty and deserving of the highest punishment, which included throwing them into ovens as one person claimed. I pointed out that using that standard, "our" side could be in real trouble and that I prefer to judge people individually for what they had or hadn't done, not by guilt by association. I was criticized by quite a few, and called a "commie" by several.

Now, after the Capitol riots of last week, I wonder how you feel now that the shoe is on the other foot. How many lefties are condemning the entirety of conservatism by the actions of a few misguided QAnons and MAGA types? Are we all Nazis? Should we have known better than to associate with conservatism? Should WE be thrown into ovens?

I maintain my original position: Judge each person according to their merit, not necessarily by their association. That is all...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Last summer, I got into several heated debates about the ongoing riots. There were some who stridently argued that ALL people involved in the BLM-type riots were commies, they all should know better, and therefore they were ALL guilty and deserving of the highest punishment, which included throwing them into ovens as one person claimed. I pointed out that using that standard, "our" side could be in real trouble and that I prefer to judge people individually for what they had or hadn't done, not by guilt by association. I was criticized by quite a few, and called a "commie" by several.

Now, after the Capitol riots of last week, I wonder how you feel now that the shoe is on the other foot. How many lefties are condemning the entirety of conservatism by the actions of a few misguided QAnons and MAGA types? Are we all Nazis? Should we have known better than to associate with conservatism? Should WE be thrown into ovens?

I maintain my original position: Judge each person according to their merit, not necessarily by their association. That is all...
View Quote
I still maintain that many peaceful protesters should be in jail from last year's event.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Wank thread

You're still wrong OP because you're following the same loser logic most conservatives, the GOP, and the right adhere too. That rhetoric is dead and dusted. Get with the time.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hahahahahahahah, You Sir, are a legend in your own mind.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#23]
People wrongly assumed the media and government would treat everyone the same.

Over the summer they were peaceful protestors, on Jan 6 they were insurrectionist, domestic terrorists and white nationalists.

Takeaway is if you're on the right don't half ass it and have a plan.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Like I care what the Dr. from Flash Gordon has to say about it.
View Quote

Wrong one........ Zarkhov is the Dr.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#25]
OP saves his farts in jars for later use.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#26]
2012 years later, Western Civilization is still paying for its loss at Tuetoburg Forest, in ways both big and small.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
lol

You can't just waltz into GD with common sense. It doesn't fucking work that way.
View Quote

This!!!!    

Bringing LOCIC, REASON, SENSE into G.D. is like wearing Filet Minion suit in a Tiger Cage...

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Q predicted that you would predict this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:27:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This!!!!    

Bringing LOCIC, REASON, SENSE into G.D. is like wearing Filet Minion suit in a Tiger Cage...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

You can't just waltz into GD with common sense. It doesn't fucking work that way.

This!!!!    

Logic, reason, sense, etc., would dictate that the Left has wanted to kill all of us LONG before the Capitol break in.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
lol

Logic and reason have no power over me
View Quote

Nor GD.

Or any gov't bureaucracy, for that matter.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This!!!!    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

This!!!!    

Logic, reason, sense also have almost no bearing on the cultural and political outcomes.

Have you paid any attention during 2020 at all?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Meh, lawlessness begets lawlessness.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Logic, reason, sense, etc., would dictate that the Left has wanted to kill all of us LONG before the Capitol break in.
View Quote

^this.

If BLM and Antifa had been absent and the protestors had spoke out against police abuse, waving their signs.  It would have just been a blurb on the news and most would not have said much about it.  To equate the 1/6 fiasco with the ongoing cancel culture and Marxist insurrection is asinine.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
^bait
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Now, after the Capitol riots of last week, I wonder how you feel now that the shoe is on the other foot. How many lefties are condemning the entirety of conservatism by the actions of a few misguided QAnons and MAGA types?

View Quote

Did you miss the part where the initial breach was BLM/Antifa guys accompanied by a CNN producer and camera crew, all in disguise, after 3+ weeks of warning that that crowd was going to do exactly that?

They're going to condemn the entirety of conservatism no matter what happens; this was just a manufactured excuse.

Also, fuck commies.  Throw the book at them because they're commies; I don't much give a shit about the details, and give zero fucks about anyone whining about having a single standard.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone who deals in absolutes is generally wrong.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#39]
That's real retarded, sir.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#40]
OP CAN'T be that naive.  I refuse to believe it.  I choose to believe that this is a parody troll thread.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#41]
I agree. It's collective behavior. Same thing that causes people to eat tide pods and do other stupid shit. From the outside it's easy to call these people dumb but really it's just people doing what they've always done. See  "Asch effect". There are people who understand this and can use it to influence behaviors of large groups of people.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Meh. The leftard extremists have been calling for our punishment/death for our associations and beliefs for a very long time. The left has been condemning the entirety of consveratism since the 60's. Suddenly I'm supposed to care about that because you said so?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
2012 years later, Western Civilization is still paying for its loss at Tuetoburg Forest, in ways both big and small.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#44]
if it ever happens again i would go with this if i were you.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
OP CAN'T be that naive.  I refuse to believe it.  I choose to believe that this is a parody troll thread.
View Quote

No, this is your standard principled conservative talking
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
If the Capitol looked like the Target on Lake St in Minneapolis when BLM got done with it, I'd almost buy your shit argument. But there is ZERO fucking moral equivalence between the BLM riots and what happened at the Capitol. Nothing was burned, etc. Some candy ass fucking politicians got scared and shit their pants. Good.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Muh principles" will be chiseled on their tombstones.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

They were a few sharks swimming in an ocean of peaceful protesters.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top