Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Cancel your membership. Tell them you don't like being harassed by some rando schmuck about politics when you just want to get your swole on. Encourage your friends to do the same.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#2]
He said bought a 9mm because a Trump supporter might rape his daughter?

He sounds straight up mentally unstable. I'd get him booted
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't have made it past the first tirade before moving out of the communication zone- permanently- and I'm fairly liberal.  Gyms and jobs are for working out and earning not these types of discussions.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I need the hives thoughts!

There’s a toxic liberal at my gym.  Practically every day he’s been in the gym for the past three months he wants to talk politics, ranting & raving, cussing up a storm like it proves his point more, about Trump and his supporters.  He’s said “true Americans vote democrat”, that he “bought a 9mm because some Trump supporter might rape his daughter”, “people who support Trump are nazis”, and that “no true Christian would support Trump.”

I’ve never engaged before and he had no idea I was a conservative until... I told him to his face when he asked last weekend who I voted for after one of his usual tirades.  It blew his mind that I wasn’t liberal; he had no idea and didn’t see that coming lol.  

Now I’m not at the gym to talk except saying the usual friendly things to the regulars you see all the time.  I’m there to workout as it’s a gym, not a chat session.  

I think it’s a safe bet that he’s going to keep bringing it up as he said last week he’s going out of his way to “call out” anyone who supported President Trump.  He got into a cussing match with one other member that I’ve heard of over it, but I wasn’t there that day.  

I’m thinking, nope, you’re not going to heckle me.  My beliefs are not up for debate to anyone, least of all to someone like him.

When he brings it up this weekend I plan to tell him that it’s a gym, not a political forum, that I’m there to workout, and ask him if he can respect my wishes and agree to disagree.  Something tells me this unhinged fellow isn’t going to leave it be.

Should I:
1. Ignore him, put the headphones in, and workout.  
2. Quietly record audio of him lose his mind & play it to management and get his membership terminated - which would likely lead to me having to switch gyms since I don’t want my car vandalized as he’ll know it was me.  Recording laws in my state appear to allow this.
3. Something else?
View Quote

Piss on his treadmill to exert dominance.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]
What whould he do if you were doing the exact same thing to him?  He would probably get you kicked out of the gym for harassing him.

Do the same.  Time to stop not saying or doing anything and let these fuckers get away with it.  Time to play their game and show them that we can play it better.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Try ignoring him first. If that doesn't work you should record him and post it here.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Gym management are probably as big a douche as the guy involved.  

Pop your ear buds in - work out and ignore the idiot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#8]
If his daughter is 18, seduce and rail her. Maybe even date her and show up for Christmas.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Ignore???  Fuck that.  Talk to the owner, that fag will shut up quick. You pay to work out without having to be harassed.... By ignoring, you're empowering him and validating his actions, just like all other leftists.  They want you to shut up and die.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not a huge fan of snitching generally, but this guy is clearly creating a terrible environment for the other customers, and management might want to be aware of it if they don't want their customers deciding to go to another gym just to avoid that guy. If it was my business I wouldn;t want someone in there doing that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Ignore him.....that is until he lays his hands on you then all bets are off!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#12]
“Befriend” him, then offer to spot him on the bench and put your nuts in his face.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Id ignore him. If he persists, then tell him to fuck off. This is why I do not speak with anyone outside of my very small inner circle of like minded individuals. Remember he is the enemy and is responsible for the problems we face today.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like schizophrenia, or some other mental disorder.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There's a toxic liberal at my gym.  Practically every day he's been in the gym for the past three months he wants to talk politics, ranting & raving, cussing up a storm like it proves his point more, about Trump and his supporters.  He's said "true Americans vote democrat", that he "bought a 9mm because some Trump supporter might rape his daughter", "people who support Trump are nazis", and that "no true Christian would support Trump."

I've never engaged before and he had no idea I was a conservative until... I told him to his face when he asked last weekend who I voted for after one of his usual tirades.  It blew his mind that I wasn't liberal; he had no idea and didn't see that coming lol.  

Now I'm not at the gym to talk except saying the usual friendly things to the regulars you see all the time.  I'm there to workout as it's a gym, not a chat session.  

I think it's a safe bet that he's going to keep bringing it up as he said last week he's going out of his way to "call out" anyone who supported President Trump.  He got into a cussing match with one other member that I've heard of over it, but I wasn't there that day.  

I'm thinking, nope, you're not going to heckle me.  My beliefs are not up for debate to anyone, least of all to someone like him.

When he brings it up this weekend I plan to tell him that it's a gym, not a political forum, that I'm there to workout, and ask him if he can respect my wishes and agree to disagree.  Something tells me this unhinged fellow isn't going to leave it be.

Should I:
2. Quietly record audio of him lose his mind & play it to management and get his membership terminated - which would likely lead to me having to switch gyms since I don't want my car vandalized as he'll know it was me.  Recording laws in my state appear to allow this.
3. Something else?
View Quote
Well, they most likely have video of the parking lot so let him go on and vandalize your car.

Get a strike on him and fuck up his future.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Wait till he starts taking to you then put your headphones on right in front of him.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Egg him on and engage him in verbal battle whilst secretly filming him for our amusement is your only option
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Talk to management and tell them he sounds like a violent loon and talks about his pew-pew GUNS!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Combination of 1 and 2
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#20]
#2 all the way.  Make him the next ARFCOM K(ar)en!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Bait him. Mahe him go 7th level unhinged. Record. Send to employer.

It's what they'd do to you
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Seduce him.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Sounds as if he's a red flag candidate.  Goose, gander, etc.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#24]
My gym, 99% white BTW, switched over to playing rap exclusively over the gym sound system..  Planet Fitness, execs must have white guilt.  I quit after 2 days of it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#25]
When I'm in the gym I only pay attention to people stronger than me or people I would like to have have sex with. Sounds like he is neither.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I just checked the electoral map. You're in a red state... Fuck him, but at the same time, do your thing and try to ignore.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I doubt that the homies who are more likely to rape his daughter are Republicans.
You should ask him how the woman who Joe fingered against her will, or the female Secret Service agents he waved his dick at, felt about being subjected to that by a Democrat.

I would tell the guy that you have a hard and fast rule of not discussing politics while working out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Ask for pictures of his daughter.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#29]
OP, put your earbuds in and listen to some good music, do not engage with him, just wear one of these.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Play by their rules.  Record videos.  Make sure to set him up really good so he becomes extra unhinged and says extra nazi rhetoric.  Give to gym management.  Post on any social media platform you can.  Do your best to make it go viral.
Send to his employer.  Like I said, play by their rules.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I just stopped by to say I fucking love my home gym.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#32]
How can you hear him with earbuds in? I get in and get out at the gym. I’m not there to make friends with anyone.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How can you hear him with earbuds in? I get in and get out at the gym. I’m not there to make friends with anyone.
View Quote

I usually only listen to music while doing cardio.  I can change that up if I need to.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Offer to spot him on the bench, then don't.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Evoke a response in him and...

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There's a toxic liberal at my gym.  Practically every day he's been in the gym for the past three months he wants to talk politics, ranting & raving, cussing up a storm like it proves his point more, about Trump and his supporters.  He's said "true Americans vote democrat", that he "bought a 9mm because some Trump supporter might rape his daughter", "people who support Trump are nazis", and that "no true Christian would support Trump."

I've never engaged before and he had no idea I was a conservative until... I told him to his face when he asked last weekend who I voted for after one of his usual tirades.  It blew his mind that I wasn't liberal; he had no idea and didn't see that coming lol.  

Now I'm not at the gym to talk except saying the usual friendly things to the regulars you see all the time.  I'm there to workout as it's a gym, not a chat session.  

I think it's a safe bet that he's going to keep bringing it up as he said last week he's going out of his way to "call out" anyone who supported President Trump.  He got into a cussing match with one other member that I've heard of over it, but I wasn't there that day.  

I'm thinking, nope, you're not going to heckle me.  My beliefs are not up for debate to anyone, least of all to someone like him.

When he brings it up this weekend I plan to tell him that it's a gym, not a political forum, that I'm there to workout, and ask him if he can respect my wishes and agree to disagree.  Something tells me this unhinged fellow isn't going to leave it be.

Should I:
2. Quietly record audio of him lose his mind & play it to management and get his membership terminated - which would likely lead to me having to switch gyms since I don't want my car vandalized as he'll know it was me.  Recording laws in my state appear to allow this.
3. Something else?
View Quote

1 and 2

then tell him to STFU and to fuck the hell off

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Then pee on him to establish dominance.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Noise cancelling headphones for the win...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
He said bought a 9mm because a Trump supporter might rape his daughter?

He sounds straight up mentally unstable. I'd get him booted
View Quote
Red flag his ass!!

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Ask him what he identifies as? Ask him if he likes anal?

Ask him if he gets turned on when dogs clean themselves?

You get the gist.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Out crazy him.

Most people try to avoid crazy people.

ETA - Post above me illustrates this perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Probably time to start thinking home gym. Who would want to talk politics while working out?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Throw forty-five pound plates at him until he stops bleeding?
View Quote

I like you.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Put your earbuds on. Problem solved.  You are the one allowing the problem.
View Quote

Airpod Pros, transparency mode off. Done
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Why do you talk to anyone at the gym?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#46]
3. Something else -

Sounds like a guy you could sway to the dark side since he bought a gun for home protection. Ask him why he needs an auto 9mm with so many rounds when a 5 shot revolver is all the rounds anyone would ever need. Shouldn't the government ban high capacity magazines like most 9mms take? It might amuse you to hear a liberal defend the 2A with some traditional reverse psychology.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Tell him to shut the fuck up and that nobody wants to listen to his bullshit. And call him a racist.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Piss on him to establish dominance.
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#50]
I would just straighten up my MAGA hat crank the pantara to 11 and add more plates.  
The gym is not for talking.
I probably would not even notice the guy and thats how it should be  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top