Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Get him tossed out.  Report, complain and doxx the fuck out of that bitch.

All the way up to corporate.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I need the hives thoughts!

There’s a toxic liberal at my gym.  Practically every day he’s been in the gym for the past three months he wants to talk politics, ranting & raving, cussing up a storm like it proves his point more, about Trump and his supporters.  He’s said “true Americans vote democrat”, that he “bought a 9mm because some Trump supporter might rape his daughter”, “people who support Trump are nazis”, and that “no true Christian would support Trump.”

I’ve never engaged before and he had no idea I was a conservative until... I told him to his face when he asked last weekend who I voted for after one of his usual tirades.  It blew his mind that I wasn’t liberal; he had no idea and didn’t see that coming lol.  

Now I’m not at the gym to talk except saying the usual friendly things to the regulars you see all the time.  I’m there to workout as it’s a gym, not a chat session.  

I think it’s a safe bet that he’s going to keep bringing it up as he said last week he’s going out of his way to “call out” anyone who supported President Trump.  He got into a cussing match with one other member that I’ve heard of over it, but I wasn’t there that day.  

I’m thinking, nope, you’re not going to heckle me.  My beliefs are not up for debate to anyone, least of all to someone like him.

When he brings it up this weekend I plan to tell him that it’s a gym, not a political forum, that I’m there to workout, and ask him if he can respect my wishes and agree to disagree.  Something tells me this unhinged fellow isn’t going to leave it be.

Should I:
1. Ignore him, put the headphones in, and workout.  
2. Quietly record audio of him lose his mind & play it to management and get his membership terminated - which would likely lead to me having to switch gyms since I don’t want my car vandalized as he’ll know it was me.  Recording laws in my state appear to allow this.
3. Something else?
View Quote

So this guy has been harassing people for three months and nobody's done a thing about it? He may be unhinged, but the rest of y'all are enablers.

And you're worried about how to respectfully request that he maybe not bother you pretty please? No fucking wonder we're losing. The left walks all over us.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Pick him up and bench press him for 8-12 reps.

Silently, with no explanation.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Liberals discovering the people around them that voted for Trump are like Boomers discovering the people around them that smoke weed.
View Quote

Point made, but probably not the best example. Most of the people at Woodstock were Boomers.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Piss on his treadmill to mark it as your territory
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you tried just telling him to STFU because no one is there to listen to his shit?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Combination of 1 and 2
View Quote

yep, boxing gloves, it is a gym after all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#8]
If he bothers you just tell him to fuck off
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There’s a toxic liberal at my gym.  Practically every day he’s been in the gym for the past three months he wants to talk politics, ranting & raving, cussing up a storm like it proves his point more, about Trump and his supporters.  He’s said “true Americans vote democrat”, that he “bought a 9mm because some Trump supporter might rape his daughter”, “people who support Trump are nazis”, and that “no true Christian would support Trump.”

I’ve never engaged before and he had no idea I was a conservative until... I told him to his face when he asked last weekend who I voted for after one of his usual tirades.  It blew his mind that I wasn’t liberal; he had no idea and didn’t see that coming lol.  

Now I’m not at the gym to talk except saying the usual friendly things to the regulars you see all the time.  I’m there to workout as it’s a gym, not a chat session.  

I think it’s a safe bet that he’s going to keep bringing it up as he said last week he’s going out of his way to “call out” anyone who supported President Trump.  He got into a cussing match with one other member that I’ve heard of over it, but I wasn’t there that day.  

I’m thinking, nope, you’re not going to heckle me.  My beliefs are not up for debate to anyone, least of all to someone like him.

When he brings it up this weekend I plan to tell him that it’s a gym, not a political forum, that I’m there to workout, and ask him if he can respect my wishes and agree to disagree.  Something tells me this unhinged fellow isn’t going to leave it be.

Should I:
2. Quietly record audio of him lose his mind & play it to management and get his membership terminated - which would likely lead to me having to switch gyms since I don’t want my car vandalized as he’ll know it was me.  Recording laws in my state appear to allow this.
3. Something else?
View Quote

You pay to use this gym, right?

Go to the management and tell them he is making your time there unpleasant along with a description of his behavior and the names of other customers that have had to deal with him. Most gyms aren’t super sympathetic to liberals given the Covid lockdown situation so you might see some action.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Spot him when he's lifting weights and hopefully the barbell doesn't slip out of you hands and crush his wind pipe.
View Quote

devious and elegant
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Obviously, pics of daughter if she's of age.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just say, your nuts and you smell out loud, embarrass him.
View Quote

Or loudly “No I will not meet you in the sauna or shower in five minutes, sicko”
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#13]
why not just ignore?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#14]
All the above. Use option 2 for red flagging in option 3. He sounds like he's ready to go postal anytime. He's a danger to himself and society. He needs an adult time out.

Edit

Quoted:

View Quote

I like this. So fourth option dox his ass with his employer and expose him as a lunatic. Let him lose his livelihood.

Before anyone flames me remember they would do all of this to us.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Take his pic and make posters that just say " Loudmouth Gym Ass Clown"

And post them in the locker room
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Should I:
3. Something else?
View Quote

Pics of gym dudes daughter?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Should I:
3. Something else?
View Quote

Can confirm man who raped me was Democrat.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Please take a minute and watch this

Time for COURAGE - Not Political Correctness
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Tell him he waisted his money on a gun because his daughter willing has trains pulled daily on her by trump supporters. So no need to rape her.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Join a gym that is also a gun range. Good practice for strength training and marksmanship.
View Quote

I never saw one of those.   Heck we are just getting a few business model indoor ranges in the ladt decade.  

It would be a nice one stop shop to have a gym and range.  With secure lockers monitored by staff instead of an unwatched gym locker.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Piss on him to establish dominance.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Put your earbuds on. Problem solved.  You are the one allowing the problem.
View Quote

This is pure rubbish logic.  OP isn't putting himself out there by responding to someone.  I think it is pretty reasonable to expect to be allowed to use a gym without harassment.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Slap him across his face with your D until he crys. Because he's a P

Hate those POS
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Combination of 1 and 2
View Quote

Both.

And post  it on U-toob.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Leave the music play in your ears while he's talking and pretend you are listening.  You need to get your mind back on the purpose of going to the gym in the first place.  Are there no women there?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Not lifting weights at a serious powerlifting / bodybuilding gym that’s full of so much “toxic masculinity” that liberals spontaneously combust when they walk through the door, NGMI.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Leave the music play in your ears while he's talking and pretend you are listening.  You need to get your mind back on the purpose of going to the gym in the first place.  Are there no women there?
View Quote

Won't matter, the more you ignore these people that louder they become. Until it's unbearable. He will keep going till OP explodes.

Two choices bitch slap the F out of him or Find another gym. Management apparently is not going to do a damn thing about it. I'd kick his ass out for causing a hostile environment.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are some women there but the time of day I normally go, not so much.  It’s usually fairly empty and the same dozen or so regulars you see all the time.

EDIT - Oh, and post 87!!!

Only took me 10 years...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#29]
you should mount him and assert dominance
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should I:
3. Something else?

Needs its own thread please.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Combination of 1 and 2
View Quote

This.

Then report him to the FBI for making political threats.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Take his pic and make posters that just say " Loudmouth Gym Ass Clown"

And post them in the locker room
View Quote

I was thinking OP should make a 2 minute highlight video of the stupidest/most obnoxious parts and post it on youtube.
Your title suggestion would be a good one to use.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Report him to management and ask that they either remind him of the rules, or have him leave.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#34]
2a. Send recording to his employer. Normally it's a dick move, but the Libs seem to think it's OK and I'm sure he'll understand.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This. In 5 years of going to the same gym, I haven't had a conversation with a single human being. On purpose.

I ain't there to listen to, or talk to, retards.
View Quote

Only conversations I’ve ever had is are you using this?  90% of the time that requires no words.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
2a. Send recording to his employer. Normally it's a dick move, but the Libs seem to think it's OK and I'm sure he'll understand.
View Quote

I believe he works for the state in some form or fashion.  He told me he “called out” his boss too so I’m sure they already know of his anger issues.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Do this and film it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#38]
at the gym? headphones on. idgaf what anyone else is saying when im working out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Three pronged attack:  Number 1, if that doesn't work, followed by number 2, get the management involved.

If he is still a problem, make it your life's work to discredit and embarrass him and change gyms.

Or ignore him. (But still embarrass him!)
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Should I:
3. Something else?
View Quote

Time for COURAGE - Not Political Correctness
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Definitely 2. Record everything.
View Quote

And post it here for all of us to enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#42]
This is why I wear ear buds anytime I’m in public where I don’t want to talk to people.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe even "Red Flag" him with the cops?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#44]
offer to spot him on bench

do a pretty piss poor job of it while gently explaining to him how it's going to be from now on.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Why do you talk to anyone at the gym?
View Quote

I was thinking this the entire time I read the OP.

The gym is not a social hour. Chatty Cathy’s can take that shit to planet fitness. The equipment / bench campers that spend long breaks on their digital pacifiers can go with them.

Oh yeah, and....

Do you even lift bro ?

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Spot him when he's lifting weights and hopefully the barbell doesn't slip out of you hands and crush his wind pipe.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Combination of 1 and 2
View Quote

This. Tune him out until he crosses your personal "I want to talk to the manager" line.

The only other answer I really have is to have your hands covered with lube when it's his bench day abs he needs a spot. But I don't think I would lead with that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#48]
red flag him with a video of his behavior.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm gonna go with option C - set him on fire in the parking lot and enjoy the 10 minutes of peace?

Or would that be too grim?

View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Liberals discovering the people around them that voted for Trump are like Boomers discovering the people around them that smoke weed.

They think it's some distant boogie man, hiding in the shadows, raping your dogs.
View Quote

The Boomer injection into your post is rather silly. Kiddo, do you think ganja is a recent invention?  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top