I bet there are plenty here who get their news from CNN and MSNBC
View Quote
Unfortunately this.

Turn off the TV.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Objectively he did not. But *glances at username* you do you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe people are finally seeing that so much of the pro-Trump rhetoric was exactly that: hot air. That the “god-emperor” has no clothes but everyone gets shouted down who said such.

At the end of the day, even his biggest supporters are going to have to sit down and admit Trump didn’t get a fraction of what he promised done. I know he had massive odds stacked against him and a swamp that has proven undrainable... but he didn’t get it done. That he was slightly worse than ambivalent to us gun owners really isn’t helping either.

I know, “sygl”, “nevatrumpa”, all that bullshit. I was really hoping for another four years to prepare... but here we are.

Focus all your ire at the dems and the swamp, I’m just pointing out the obvious.

Best president I'll ever have the honor of voting for.

He accomplished more than any other president in 4 years.

History will say otherwise. You'll miss him in 8 years.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Kind of the same as the hate upon a needed loved one who's leaving.  Trump, warts and all, was the best President we've had in a long time by every measure.   But you can't take away that he said stupid shit that aurguable energized and supported the sacking of the Capital.  Yes, lots of other factors were in place as well for that shit-show failure of security to happen, but Trump didn't handle it well, and did help enable it to happen.  And with that, he just legitimized and strengthed the Democratic leadership, and made it a much harder struggle now for Republicans to resist for 2 years, or to win in 2 years.  We went from a sure thing R sweep in 2 years, to probably not; now.  So... yea, I'm kind of pissed about that part.  Still wish he won.

People think the elections were all stolen, without really acknowledging 4 years of media hate campaigned has caused half the country outside our echo chamber to hate the man.  It's just not that incredible to me to acknowledge a nation that only knows what the newspapers tell them, and all the newpapers colluded against the man, ended up not voting for their better choice.  And with that, I do think Republicans can still win; and probably were going to after the D's in charge fail to do a good job and dissappointed their media colluders.  

But now, they are doing shit like this stupid 20K troop deployment to Washington for show, to make sure people remember the sacking of the Capital for as long as possible.  Imagine if they applied 1/1000 of that to securing Republican softball games; but that story around this time 4 years ago, dissappeared within days.  Rest assured, the story on the Capital security breach most assuredly will not.   Trump could have played this better than he did.  And so now the legacy of the best President of our time; is flushed down the toilet, and victem-hero-Democrats win.  This sucks.
View Quote

The Capitol was sacked? You are a propagandist and a liar. It’s that simple. Pick up a history book and learn what the term sack means. You used it intentionally. You are the enemy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe people are finally seeing that so much of the pro-Trump rhetoric was exactly that: hot air. That the “god-emperor” has no clothes but everyone gets shouted down who said such.

At the end of the day, even his biggest supporters are going to have to sit down and admit Trump didn’t get a fraction of what he promised done. I know he had massive odds stacked against him and a swamp that has proven undrainable... but he didn’t get it done. That he was slightly worse than ambivalent to us gun owners really isn’t helping either.

I know, “sygl”, “nevatrumpa”, all that bullshit. I was really hoping for another four years to prepare... but here we are.

Focus all your ire at the dems and the swamp, I’m just pointing out the obvious.

Don’t play me like you know better. I already “miss” that he’s not getting a second term and we’re in for a world of shit with Xiden... any patriotic American worth his/her/their salt will tell you that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#5]
He left his most vocal supporters twisting in the wind, who are now being picked off by the Feds for attending his rally, and he’s gone quiet about it. Fuck him.

DJT has a long record of screwing his supporters, investors, and creditors, and he's staying true to form.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Unfortunately this.

Turn off the TV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet there are plenty here who get their news from CNN and MSNBC
Unfortunately this.

Turn off the TV.

They won't.

They love the nightly news and are very sensitive to what the propagandist say about "principled conservatives".
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I like Trump.

He went against the Swamp and the Swamp won.
He exposed them all.

DNC and GOP are not on our side
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mexico didn't pay for the wall.
View Quote
Of course they are. Not only are they now paying import tariffs under Trumps Mexico-Canada-USA Trade Compact, they are paying for the 23,000 deployed military troops patrolling their side of the border.

Where do you guys get this shit? It seems like you only regurgitate some false narrative you've heard somewhere...and you don't/won't/or can't do your own fact checking.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Don’t play me like you know better. I already “miss” that he’s not getting a second term and we’re in for a world of shit with Xiden... any patriotic American worth his/her/their salt will tell you that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

Then he's the best that we could have hoped for and accomplished quite a bit despite the condition our culture and body politic is in.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sudden?
View Quote

FPNI!  We've had four years of Trump is the devil shoved up our collective asses.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Good.

Then he's the best that we could have hoped for and accomplished quite a bit despite the condition our culture and body politic is in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

Stop trying to convert me. He succeeded at being “Not Hillary”.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My issues with him are that he came out with accusations of huge, obvious, staggering amounts of fraud that would be easily provable......and then nothing happened.

They should have had a plan already in place.  They knew this was coming.

Part of me thinks that he's just a drama queen with a huge ego that would never admit defeat......
View Quote

Then you were not watching on election night. The fraud was blatant and in your face.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I dont hate him but what happend on the 6th changed my view of him.  He told for 3 months our election was stolen, he had proof, he was going to fix it.  He chanted and rallied that we won and we were getting our country and way of life stolen from us.  So people went by the millions to the capital. People were angry and who wouldn't be after being whipped into a frenzy of their country being stolen.  I dont care if it was antifa agents or maga people who broke down doors.
If T honestly has the info that we were frauded, if they are actually stealing the election. When it got out of control he should have led the charge.  Instead he disappeared, apologized and has been quiet. No talk of stolen election, just of how he's gonna be a thorn in their side in the future. In my eyes the 3 months of rallies were a launch of a polictal party, media network and T didn't think it would ever get out of his control.... till it did.
View Quote

Much truth and my opinion as well, power isn’t peaceful or friendly. There’s nothing more precious. He played like a game and used us. Then when it was obvious we as a people had been fucked and were finally ready to do something to get it back on track he bails.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am talking about within arfcom.
View Quote

The same two hundred or so never_Trumpers have been screeching since 2016 on this site.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#15]
normal communists, never trumpers, shills and ass lickers.  Have always been here, just feeling their oats right now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
His spending was wild and he shit on the 2nd and 4th. Lied about big promises to boot.

On the other side he did give us judges, got us out of shitty trade deals, and was proactive in helping to secure the border.

He was the best of both choices in 16 and 20, but hes far from ideal.
View Quote

Will there ever be an "ideal" candidate?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Remember how banal and retarded the political discourse became in 2016? Pepperidge Farms remembers. It was Idiocracy IRL.

The arguments AlwaysTrumpers made were barely a step above "Trump's got electrolytes... He's got what voters crave". Then you had those two Trump supporters with white framed glasses, flame shirts, and missing teeth confront Ted Cruz about how his shit's all fucked up and he talks like a fag. Also he's a serial killer liar, and Rand Paul is short.

Well, we figuratively put those two guys in the driver's seat with predictable results

I was neither a NeverTrumper or AlwaysTrumper, but the NeverTrumpers ended up being 100% right. We didn't win so much we got tired of winning. We lost. We lost harder than any conservative has ever lost.

Trump is the biggest conservative failure of all time. Probably worse than Herbert Hoover.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know you exaggerate. We all knew Trump was not a conservative but a populist. There was no way a populist would give conservatives everything we wanted. In the primary I voted for Cruz. many did, just not enough. Despite his contrarian reputation for standing against the RINOs many still regarded him an insider. They wanted an outsider. Many on GD expressed that attitude. They even expressed the knowledge Trump would not agree with them on every issue but preferred an outsider despite the warts. We all knew Trump has that typical NYC chip on the shoulder abrasive attitude. They got their way. Now come the General election there were only 2 realistic choices. To hell with the 3rd party choices, none of them were serious candidates. They were just attention whores. That left Trump and Hillary. Did you want JBT Hillary or abrasive, Populist Trump" The condescending criminal control freak Hillary was out of the question. I still have my Deplorable T-shirt to remind everyone just what she thought of "we the people". (The Democrat Party hasn't changed except for the worse since.) That left Trump, warts and all. We all said back then if we got a conservative Supreme Court out of it, we would be satisfied. Have you forgotten?  Many, many here posted that very sentiment and you know it.

Your "god-emperor" rhetoric is over the top for sure and cheap rhetoric at that. If we were so dissatisfied why didn't someone run against Trump in the primary? Because no one wanted the job? Because no one wanted to stick their ass out to do battle with Pelosi and the other Marxist shit birds? Maybe it was because being a bunch of RINOs they were willing to sell out Trump because they were part of the swamp? Where were your so called god-worshipers in the 2018 election when instead of wanting Trump to get things done we wanted, we let the Democrats win the House. That guaranteed Trump never got another major thing done. You going to blame his "god-worshipers" for that too?

Admit it, there are a shit ton of RINOS who routinely sell us out, act like speakeasies, and stab us in the back. Right now they are willing to sell out freedom to save their own asses. They are not willing to stand tall and oppose the vilification of their constituents who just want honest elections and otherwise let the chips fall where they may. The Democrats and even some RINOs have opposed the right to free, transparent and lawful elections at every turn. If they believed in transparency, lawful elections why did they refuse to allow access to prove they were clean? That is not being on the side of freedom.

If you are just pointing out the obvious then these facts should have been left out.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

Succeeded very well at not being Hillary.

Hillary wants him dead.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nope. People watch the nightly news. They hear the propaganda and believe it.

You can't rise above that. No one trying to drain the swamp and fight for freedom can rise above that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't hate Trump.  Why is it anyone that points out things they disagree with, his flaws, or his failures is branded a NeverTrumper?  It is possible to support someone but also disagree with individual things they do.  I know it is rare for people in GD to do that but it is possible.  

For example I supported Trump since the first Primary and did so before it was cool to do so.  As soon as it was clear Rand Paul had no chance I changed to support Trump and got called all sorts of names for supporting him.  I disagreed with Trump banning bumpstocks and the manner he went about doing it.  He set a very bad precedent for what he did, one that Biden/Harris is going to use to screw us hard.  I was critical of him when he called his press conference to announce the memo he wrote to Sessions ordering him to make it happen.  For pointing out that Trump said he made it his personal mission to ban bumpstocks I was called all sorts of names, including a NeverTrumper, just for bringing up something that was really happening.  

Now a lot of people are mad at Trump, but still probably support him.  Trump lied to and mislead a lot of people for over 2 months.  His constant need to be vindictive is the main reason so many Democrats wanted to vote against him.  He rallied Biden's base by his constant daily attacks on the Democrats.  Add to that his ego and his constant sales pitch that everything he does is the best/greatest even as he failed to deliver his promises over and over and was screwed by people he had hired.  

The media never reported anything positive about him on the nightly news and you're upset that he always tries to sale himself as the greatest?

LOL, so you actually believed his bullshit sales pitch?  It became tiresome and obviously not true.  Same with his spitefulness, he never just said what he disagreed with he would go on and on repeating his negative feelings in multiple ways towards whoever he felt angst towards that day.  I'm not saying those people didn't deserve it, they did, but when Trump did that he was acting like tabloid news instead of Presidential.  Did you see his video message after the 2nd impeachment, that was 100% Presidential.  He should have taken that approach to his public statements a year ago.

Sure the news was 99% against him.  A good leader would still rise above that, not sink lower than they were.

You can't rise above that. No one trying to drain the swamp and fight for freedom can rise above that.

More people get their news from social media than nightly news.  Trump had multiple ways of getting his message out without relying on the MSM.  How the media reports on him has nothing to do with how he worded his statements or his constant spitefulness against everyone he didn't like.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He said he would erase our federal debt in 8 years.

Instead, he was on pace to damn near double it.

View Quote

Our Trade deficit is at an all-time high now too... And China's trade surplus is at an all time high.

The swamp has more power than ever.

He's a failure.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Hundred years, eh? wow.
View Quote

Name a President that wasn't a piece of shit who grew State power and further entrenched the ruling class since 1920 then.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't hate the guy at all. Repeating what I have seen others posting here and on the formerly fanatical chans:

* Guns. In 2016 Trump ran on a gun rights platform. He then quickly stabbed gun owners in the back, laughed at them, then had the audacity to run in 2020 talking about the 2d amendment. It was a part of every stump speech, but all it did was remind gun owners what a traitor he was on this issue.

* Israel / Jews. Instead of Maga, former fanatic Trump supporters on the chans starting calling our movement MIGA. Many on the right are not fans of Israel or the Jews. Internationally, they see it as just more of the Neocon / Neolib globalist bullshit, and domestically they fail to see how fetishizing post modern Marxists could be anything but awful.

* Cash for Black People! What in the fuck was he thinking with this?! While every small business in the country was dying, Trump is promising 600 billion or whatever as payoffs exclusively to black businesses. He can fuck right off for that alone.

* Election Fraud.  Everyone knew when and where these crimes would take place. Trump knew the day, the hours, and the fucking street addresses. Yet him and his team completely failed to do anything to either mitigate or document the crimes that we all knew would happen. It was incompetence on a level that is utterly astonishing. If it weren't our votes being stolen I would personally say that the guy deserves to fucking lose after failing that badly.

* BOMBSHELL! The seemingly daily "stay tuned for the big reveal!" bullshit Trump and his clown team have pulled since the election has many people completely disgusted. And his team looks borderline negligent. This might be excusable, but it's MY vote that these jackasses are supposed to be guarding, and they look like the Three fucking Stooges.

* The Protest Betrayal. Trump couldn't wait to throw his supporters under the bus following the Jan 6th protests. These Patriots went to Washington to speak truth to power, to stand up for our right to fair and honest elections, and Trump stabbed them in the back. He looked pretty weak leading up to the 6th, and he looks like a complete craven coward ever since. I understand that his choice was not easy, I understand deciding to leave the pin in the grenade, but I cannot understand or forgive abandoning the people he led to Washington for his rally.

SUMMARY: I don't care to read how you disagree with every point. I don't necessarily agree with these points myself. I am merely repeating a condensed version of what I have seen other people say.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#24]
I think a lot of people feel that he would have won if he wasn't such a petulant asshole.  I think he's our best president since Reagan, but he shot himself in the foot. We needed him another 4 years and he couldn't control himself for one fucking debate.  Fraud or not he would have won if he wasn't such a miserable person.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. He was "Not Hillary" and had good SC picks.

He failed miserably at everything else.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't hate him, look back through all of my posts and you will see that.  What I am is disappointed, two years of owning the senate and congress, we got a tax cut.  He had zero game when it came to the swamp, he made or was advised to make horrible choices for multiple positions.  He's a tv guy, he gets PR so his COVID response was pants hand stupid.  Fauci, the scarf chick and his weird mumbling during the "conferences" cost us.  Why not hire a pretty talking head, deliver a well rehearsed weekly updated from him personally from his desk?  Why not a joint task force with the shitbirds dems to pin them into cooperation for the "common good".  

Then there is the election, he knew or thought he knew there was going to be cheating, why not setup surveillance/operatives in key districts like Philly, Detroit, Atlanta?  Then when the cheating happened why not use surrogates, why not stay above the fray and look presidential?  

Ohe well would have, could have, should have I guess.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
LOL

Want to tell us why socialism is so awesome when Trump does it? Waddle down to the mailbox and pick up round 2 of trumpbux. Nevermind the other 2+ trillion he just gave away.
View Quote
This too. On some very key issues he failed. It was always "I'll sign this pork ridden budget but never again" every year.

Now Republicans are complaining they didn't get a $2k check .
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

More people get their news from social media than nightly news.  Trump had multiple ways of getting his message out without relying on the MSM.  How the media reports on him has nothing to do with how he worded his statements or his constant spitefulness against everyone he didn't like.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't hate Trump.  Why is it anyone that points out things they disagree with, his flaws, or his failures is branded a NeverTrumper?  It is possible to support someone but also disagree with individual things they do.  I know it is rare for people in GD to do that but it is possible.  

For example I supported Trump since the first Primary and did so before it was cool to do so.  As soon as it was clear Rand Paul had no chance I changed to support Trump and got called all sorts of names for supporting him.  I disagreed with Trump banning bumpstocks and the manner he went about doing it.  He set a very bad precedent for what he did, one that Biden/Harris is going to use to screw us hard.  I was critical of him when he called his press conference to announce the memo he wrote to Sessions ordering him to make it happen.  For pointing out that Trump said he made it his personal mission to ban bumpstocks I was called all sorts of names, including a NeverTrumper, just for bringing up something that was really happening.  

Now a lot of people are mad at Trump, but still probably support him.  Trump lied to and mislead a lot of people for over 2 months.  His constant need to be vindictive is the main reason so many Democrats wanted to vote against him.  He rallied Biden's base by his constant daily attacks on the Democrats.  Add to that his ego and his constant sales pitch that everything he does is the best/greatest even as he failed to deliver his promises over and over and was screwed by people he had hired.  

The media never reported anything positive about him on the nightly news and you're upset that he always tries to sale himself as the greatest?

LOL, so you actually believed his bullshit sales pitch?  It became tiresome and obviously not true.  Same with his spitefulness, he never just said what he disagreed with he would go on and on repeating his negative feelings in multiple ways towards whoever he felt angst towards that day.  I'm not saying those people didn't deserve it, they did, but when Trump did that he was acting like tabloid news instead of Presidential.  Did you see his video message after the 2nd impeachment, that was 100% Presidential.  He should have taken that approach to his public statements a year ago.

Sure the news was 99% against him.  A good leader would still rise above that, not sink lower than they were.

Social media?

The same ones censoring free speech now?

So if they got their news from social media, they read mostly MSM propaganda and believed it.

He only had one way to get his message out effectively. His Twitter account, which was attacked endlessly and censored heavily before they banned it entirely.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You know you exaggerate. We all knew Trump was not a conservative but a populist. There was no way a populist would give conservatives everything we wanted. In the primary I voted for Cruz. many did, just not enough. Despite his contrarian reputation for standing against the RINOs many still regarded him an insider. They wanted an outsider. Many on GD attitude. They even expressed the knowledge Trump would not agree with them on every issue but preferred an outsider despite the warts. We all knew Trump has that typical NYC chip on the shoulder abrasive attitude. They got their way. Now come the General election there were only 2 realistic choices. To hell with the 3rd party choices, none of them were serious candidates. They were just attention whores. That left Trump and Hillary. Did you want JBT Hillary or abrasive, Populist Trump" The condescending criminal control freak Hillary was out of the question. I still have my Deplorable T-shirt to remind everyone just what she thought of "we the people". (The Democrat Party hasn't changed except for the worse since.) That left Trump, warts and all. We all said back then if we got a conservative Supreme Court out of it, we would be satisfied. Have you forgotten?  Many, many here posted that very sentiment and you know it.

Your "god-emperor" rhetoric is over the top for sure and cheap rhetoric at that. If we were so dissatisfied why didn't someone run against Trump in the primary? Because no one wanted the job? Because no one wanted to stick their ass out to do battle with Pelosi and the other Marxist shit birds? Maybe it was because being a bunch of RINOs they were willing to sell out Trump because they were part of the swamp? Where were your so called god-worshipers in the 2018 election when instead of wanting Trump to get things done we wanted, we let the Democrats win the House. That guaranteed Trump never got another major thing done. You going to blame his "god-worshipers" for that too?

Admit it, there are a shit ton of RINOS who routinely sell us out, act like speakeasies, and stab us in the back. Right now they are willing to sell out freedom to save their own asses. They are not willing to stand tall and oppose the vilification of their constituents who just want honest elections and otherwise let the chips fall where they may. The Democrats and even some RINOs have opposed the right to free, transparent and lawful elections at every turn. If they believed in transparency, lawful elections why did they refuse to allow access to prove they were clean? That is not being on the side of freedom.

If you are just pointing out the obvious then these facts should have been left out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know you exaggerate. We all knew Trump was not a conservative but a populist. There was no way a populist would give conservatives everything we wanted. In the primary I voted for Cruz. many did, just not enough. Despite his contrarian reputation for standing against the RINOs many still regarded him an insider. They wanted an outsider. Many on GD attitude. They even expressed the knowledge Trump would not agree with them on every issue but preferred an outsider despite the warts. We all knew Trump has that typical NYC chip on the shoulder abrasive attitude. They got their way. Now come the General election there were only 2 realistic choices. To hell with the 3rd party choices, none of them were serious candidates. They were just attention whores. That left Trump and Hillary. Did you want JBT Hillary or abrasive, Populist Trump" The condescending criminal control freak Hillary was out of the question. I still have my Deplorable T-shirt to remind everyone just what she thought of "we the people". (The Democrat Party hasn't changed except for the worse since.) That left Trump, warts and all. We all said back then if we got a conservative Supreme Court out of it, we would be satisfied. Have you forgotten?  Many, many here posted that very sentiment and you know it.

Your post has no point, so OK.

FWIW I think the election was stolen but nobody wants to stand up and do what it actually takes to prove it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think a lot of people feel that he would have won if he wasn't such a petulant asshole.  I think he's our best president since Reagan, but he shot himself in the foot. We needed him another 4 years and he couldn't control himself for one fucking debate.  Fraud or not he would have won if he wasn't such a miserable person.
View Quote

If he was "nice", you wouldn't like him either.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He failed to get nevertrumpers' love. Thats about it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#32]
There is plenty to criticize Trump for, some take it to the extreme. The whole bumpstock decision really pissed off a lot of people in our community. Some of them went tunnel vision and now he was completely worthless and a piece of shit.

People want someone to blame, they want and object for their anger; Trump fits the bill for that in some regards. The passion involved in our community makes it easy to constantly shit talk him(deservedly) on the Bump Stock issue without acknowledging or marginalizing the things he accomplished.

That combined with the absolute minimal reporting of anything remotely good he did gets us here.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I think we're all a bit depressed and disappointed in the outcome. I'm getting black-pilled myself I believe. If he's not retaining office he could at least burn it down and expose the corruption on the way out... He's still got a few days left but it appears he's going out with a whimper.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Arf: fuck China,I hate those assholes
Also Arf: man it fucking sucks that I can’t buy pallets of Norinco ammunition and a stack of cheap ARs that would put PSA out of business

That’s America in a nutshell and why you can’t do better than Trump or Biden ???????
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think we're all a bit depressed and disappointed in the outcome. I'm getting black-pilled myself I believe. If he's not retaining office he could at least burn it down and expose the corruption on the way out... He's still got a few days left but it appears he's going out with a whimper.
View Quote

It's up to us now. He did all he could do. Fought every step of the way. If he fights anymore, he will risk imprisonment for overthrowing the government.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#36]
We thought Trump was dangerous -- in a good way—but he wasn’t.

Super bowl. Last play of the game - you score, you win; don’t score, you lose. Ball is on the one yard line, and you have the best running back in the game. Do you go Beast Mode and make it happen with physical force, or do you get cute and try to throw?

People hated that call. And they hated the result, which will always be haunted by, “What if?”

On one hand, we’ve lost a lot by Trump not using the tools he had at his disposal to correct this situation before it got out of control. On the other hand, we may now be “safer” as nation in the same way businesses were “safer” when under the protection of the mob, and not city police. Yes, the criminal now watching over us will likely eventually lead us to our peril, but the “upstanding force of good” that was watching over us before  would have also likely led us to peril out of lack of logistic ability and vigor. Either way, we were destined to be screwed; a forsaken people. Now we know it’s every man for himself as we hope for some type of a miracle.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There is plenty to criticize Trump for, some take it to the extreme. The whole bumpstock decision really pissed off a lot of people in our community. Some of them went tunnel vision and now he was completely worthless and a piece of shit.

People want someone to blame, they want and object for their anger; Trump fits the bill for that in some regards. The passion involved in our community makes it easy to constantly shit talk him(deservedly) on the Bump Stock issue without acknowledging or marginalizing the things he accomplished.

That combined with the absolute minimal reporting of anything remotely good he did gets us here.

View Quote

Oh please. The Magabots made sure we all knew about it. “The sun came out today, MAGA!”, “I saw a trump bumper sticker, that’s MY PRESIDENT!”

At it’s peak it was a neo-religious fervor.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#38]
People always bash the guy who is leaving. He no longer is perceived to have the power he once had, and the criticism flows.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By a Lot of You:
If Trump had done something different, like tweeting less or some other policy he would have won
View Quote

You still don't get it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#40]
I dont hate him, I just dont worship him. I voted for him.

We have bigger problems than sleepy joe.
Namely private company censorship and the house and congress.

Impeachment is bullshit that's for sure.  Hes almost out.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
People always bash the guy who is leaving. He no longer is perceived to have the power he once had, and the criticism flows.
View Quote

Hmm, I think the bashing started more than 4 years ago before Trump was even in the White House.  This isn't something that's just started.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#42]
You lost me at "sudden" OP.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#43]
I noticed it too....pretty fucking pathetic, actually.

Quoted:
Probably the ongoing & relentless 5-year psyop campaign
View Quote

Unfortunately, that probably accounts for 87% of it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He had four years of remarkable accomplishment.  He was an outsider non politician who proved it can be done and that America should be first.

Yes we all know the election was stolen and he should have done more to prevent it.  But the what then was he supposed to do.   A false narrative has been attached to his name and his brand name has been tarnished.

Why all the sudden hate within Arfcom?  Just asking.
View Quote

For me, it's because he blew his reelection.

I don't subscribe to the actual false narrative of stolen election.

This loss is on him. I blame him.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#45]
I think it's a mental thing with some folks.  They are starting to realize Xiden is happening and part of accepting that is mentally separating from Trump.  I hope Trump pulls something.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't give a fuck, but his most recent speech stunk so bad of fear and defeat it was embarrassing. Why don't you say for the 100th time "No violence"? Let's blather on about Covid, again. He had balls, but now they stole those from him too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#48]
You know you can criticize a person and not hate them, right?

Conversely you can like a guy and not worship them.

Trump is a politician and a person. Neither are going to live up to all of their campaign promises or all of the things they promise in office.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You know you can criticize a person and not hate them, right?

Conversely you can like a guy and not worship them.

Trump is a politician and a person. Neither are going to live up to all of their campaign promises or all of the things they promise in office.
View Quote

It seems so simple, doesn’t it?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
No hate for trump but I always felt he was bad for the conservative brand so to speak.

The fact that he argued and pushed back against to left did not make him a great leader.  He was a very unlikeable person.

Regardless of what the more conservative side of America wants, likely more than half the country is at least left  leaning. We need someone who appeals more broadly and Trump was not that.

He will not be president and needs to step aside so we can de-energize the left and let the right get on with rebuilding.

View Quote

The “conservative brand” isn’t conservative, they are the party of compromise.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top