Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck dat warning shot. WTF is this shit? That's some hollyweird movie bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What if the mountain lion was deaf and dumb?
View Quote

So mountain lions are liberals now?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

My neighbor had a mean German Shepherd. I threw a couple tennis balls at it when it was snapping at me and it ran away like a scalded dog.  

I think a rock in the cats face would have a similar effect.

View Quote

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not.

I throw tennis balls at my dogs all the time. They bring them back and ask for more.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In today's cancel crazy political world, I would pick up my brass and continue on my way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice job, Deputy.  I was 25' from a diseased one that wouldn't frigging run away. In the suburban SF Bay Area.  No way would I shoot the damned thing, unless it came right at me.  I would get doxxed and crucified for it by enviro-nazis.
In today's cancel crazy political world, I would pick up my brass and continue on my way.

Everything is on BWC, no way I could shoot it and not get fired for not reporting the shot.  I wanted to flash bang it, but I'm 10 years and 40 pounds past SWAT.  When we get pepperballs in, kitty will not be happy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Those things scare the crap out of me, I have no idea why.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bet he just told people he fired a warning shot after he killed it, to keep the crazy people from bitching.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Those things scare the crap out of me, I have no idea why.
View Quote

Instinct.

Small kitties:

Very stealthy, very fast, very agile...and likes to play with it's food before killing it.

Big kitties:

Same as above but, on steroids.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#8]
The only similar situation I have heard of is from a hunting guide. He had a client wound a very large boar hog. When they tracked it, it was across a clearing. Came full charge. The client fired a " warning shot ", he missed on the first shot and connected on the second as it charged. The hog didn't care it was being shot at. Until it did.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I bet he just told people he fired a warning shot after he killed it, to keep the crazy people from bitching.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, he was shaking so bad his first shot missed, and he took a moment to calm down before firing again.

"Hahaha, where'd you learn to shoot?  Your first shot missed."

"It was a warning shot."
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Most internet operators dont realize how difficult it is to shoot a charging animal with a handgun.  Why i was the first here to call BS on Rick Perry's alleged coyote shoot with a .380.
View Quote

Oh please, do tell us.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In my younger days, out hiking, I've fired a round into the air at deer and coyote and they didn't run off. Most do of course, but I remember specifically one deer and one coyote (separate occasioons)that just stood there looking at me until I made a commotion with my body.
View Quote

WTF?  You fired a round in the air (unsafe as hell) to scare off a deer?  Was the deer gonna get you or something, dangerous predator that it was?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmm id have violated policy if i took a warning shot
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Should have used mace. Stops attackers in their path.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#14]
A co-worker on the Space Station lost his son to a mountain lion attack in the early 90's.  10-12 years later you could see the pain in his face and eyes when he talked about it.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:48:26 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I’m pretty sure he is juicing
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That’s because the fucking leftist shit bags outlawed hunting these things.  Now they see humans as food instead of being chased by hounds and guns. Crazy fucking clown world folks.
View Quote

Exterminate the species.  It's the only answer.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Carry a fucking gun

View Quote

It's California, they've made it next to impossible to do so, even in the forests.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Fuck all that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's California, they've made it next to impossible to do so, even in the forests.
View Quote

Statute of limitations are up now. So...

I used to just carry down there. Of course I never lived in the state, so it wasn’t a frequent thing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#20]
They just need to send in those same professionals who will be doing the work cops used to do, to talk the poor kitties down.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I can't figure why you guys are so excited about this, this can't possibly be the first time a deputy has put a couple of shots into a cougar.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuupe

View Quote

Holy shit that cat is SHREDDED
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Holy shit that cat is SHREDDED
View Quote

the term is hungry.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, California mountain lions run like hell at the sound of a shot.  So I wonder if that is the whole truth, unless TX mountain lions are different.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well, California mountain lions run like hell at the sound of a shot.  So I wonder if that is the whole truth, unless TX mountain lions are different.
View Quote

You have to ask?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#26]
He didn't have to kill it.
I hear you can just stick your thumb up it's butt and it will mellow out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I throw tennis balls at my dogs all the time. They bring them back and ask for more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My neighbor had a mean German Shepherd. I threw a couple tennis balls at it when it was snapping at me and it ran away like a scalded dog.  

I think a rock in the cats face would have a similar effect.

Not at all.  I pelted that fucker with fastballs and it worked.  

I wonder if it is an effective strategy against other animals.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Probably would have shat myself
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Based on what I've read, in the 20th Century safari hey-day a lot of the PHs preferred shotguns for big cats. The rationale was they're very fast, but have thin hides, musculature and bones. Hard to hit, but not difficult to kill. Supposedly they'll break off pretty fast if wounded, as well.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That's because the fucking leftist shit bags outlawed hunting these things.  Now they see humans as food instead of being chased by hounds and guns. Crazy fucking clown world folks.
View Quote

Been that way for at least 30 years.  I taught Hunter Safety in CA in the 80s and this kind of thing was happening back then, too, because hunting the things was illegal.  Used to hear about pets disappearing, people being stalked, sightings in backyards, etc., quite often.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:16:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Been that way for at least 30 years.  I taught Hunter Safety in CA in the 80s and this kind of thing was happening back then, too, because hunting the things was illegal.  Used to hear about pets disappearing, people being stalked, sightings in backyards, etc., quite often.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's because the fucking leftist shit bags outlawed hunting these things.  Now they see humans as food instead of being chased by hounds and guns. Crazy fucking clown world folks.

It's legal to hunt them in Nevada with a Mountain Lion tag endorsement on your hunting license.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#32]
My buddy had to kill one on duty in a pretty urban area about 10 years back. Killed the ladies dog and it came at them when fish and game tried to tranquilize it. Never seen one or even heard of another one in the area I worked in CA
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:31:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My buddy had to kill one on duty in a pretty urban area about 10 years back. Killed the ladies dog and it came at them when fish and game tried to tranquilize it. Never seen one or even heard of another one in the area I worked in CA
View Quote

We are filthy with them in the city I work in, less than 12 miles from SF.  I've got bodycam video from a number of our officers; one used his cell phone to take video of one hiding under a bush, right next to the street.  Residents report sightings all of the time, but unless it's during daytime or acting sick, we don't even notify the public.  Agency south of us sets up perimeters and has guys wanting to whack one with a rifle.  They are stupid.  Any cop that shoots one will get doxxed and his life ruined by enviro-nazis.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:04:39 AM EDT
[#34]
My wife grew up in that area. I had more than a few encounters up there when we were dating. One time I walked out the door to go home, but a younger cat was curled up on the hood of my truck. It just kinda stretched, yawned, and licked its lips as I yelled at it. I decided to stay a little longer...

We now live in a town south of Sacramento, not quite suburbia, but not quite rural either. I live on the edge of town and have acres of farm land across the street. During the major drought 3 or so years ago, we had a cat that was hanging out fairly regularly. It was never agressive, but it definitely wasn't afraid of people. All the Karens that frequented the walking trail were in a tizzy about it, wanting it gone, but not dead. I assume it eventually left of its own accord, but who knows.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top