Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
In!  Thanks.  If anyone wants an invite: postalpi
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Invite code: Spectre351
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#4]
My username of "Tinleg" can be used as an invite code.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
So what does this do? I cant set it up yet since no access to my phone at work.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Invite please. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone know any real details about it?  The concept makes no sense at all, mine on your phone and it doesn't drain the battery.  Phone CPUs are weak and if you use the CPU it will drain the battery.  Something isn't adding up here.

Then under permissions it wants all this.

This app has access to:Wi-Fi connection information
view Wi-Fi connections
Device ID & call information
read phone status and identity
Phone
Contacts
read your contacts
Photos/Media/Files
read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Storage
Other
receive data from Internet
full network access
prevent device from sleeping
draw over other apps
view network connections
control vibration
run at startup
View Quote

Where did you install it from? I got it from a link on their website and the only thing it asked for is contacts which I denied and it seems to be working fine
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Can I get one too?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll play requesting a invite
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have no idea what is going on here
View Quote

Me either but I want in.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Delete
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I have never heard of this, and don't understand how you mine it without battery or processing.

I already mine Scala XLA, which is a privacy coin, on my phone and computer. I'm going to stick with that. Good luck though!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Any invitations left?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Starting to feel like I need to recruit my friends and family to sell my steak knives for me.

Michael's Pyramid Scheme - The Office US
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's a current referral link

minepi.com/Kramerica1
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm guessing that's on android? My iPhone's not showing most of that and I was able to tell it no on my contacts and such.

I'm guessing there is ZERO actual mining going on via the phone, the phone is a way to incentivize people joining the system and distribute the coins while building buzz. It's a marketing thing, not the processing side. The processing is done via the nodes which are run on regular systems, it's a different download/process. I'm still digging into the actual design but it doesn't quite seem to be a PoS system either.
The closest analogy I can think of is something like KIN, but I have no idea if the tech side has any resemblance. That's just my impression of the way they're promoting it. The idea is to get it out there into a lot of hands quickly and make it easy to use. They'll build a market around that audience. Whether it's to purchase normal goods at vendors who participate or as a way to manage an ad network like BRAVE, we'll have to see. I have a feeling it will be a combination.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone know any real details about it?  The concept makes no sense at all, mine on your phone and it doesn't drain the battery.  Phone CPUs are weak and if you use the CPU it will drain the battery.  Something isn't adding up here.

view Wi-Fi connections
Phone
Contacts
read your contacts
Photos/Media/Files
Storage
Other
full network access
draw over other apps
view network connections
control vibration
run at startup
I'm guessing that's on android? My iPhone's not showing most of that and I was able to tell it no on my contacts and such.

I'm guessing there is ZERO actual mining going on via the phone, the phone is a way to incentivize people joining the system and distribute the coins while building buzz. It's a marketing thing, not the processing side. The processing is done via the nodes which are run on regular systems, it's a different download/process. I'm still digging into the actual design but it doesn't quite seem to be a PoS system either.
The closest analogy I can think of is something like KIN, but I have no idea if the tech side has any resemblance. That's just my impression of the way they're promoting it. The idea is to get it out there into a lot of hands quickly and make it easy to use. They'll build a market around that audience. Whether it's to purchase normal goods at vendors who participate or as a way to manage an ad network like BRAVE, we'll have to see. I have a feeling it will be a combination.

The marketing aspect and getting it in people's hands/phones makes sense.  It says the wallet is stored on the phone.  Once they get enough people with wallets then they can turn it into a digital payment system...while data mining everyone that didn't turn off the permissions.  The permissions I posted were for Android.  They could also turn it into an advertising platform like in the early days of the internet.  Click this ad and earn money or in this case earn PI coins.  Dogecoin was created for that purpose, you can earn Dogecoins for clicking links or ads.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Not today Mr. IRS man.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm assuming using an old phone on a wireless network will work?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Should work fine
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Where did you install it from? I got it from a link on their website and the only thing it asked for is contacts which I denied and it seems to be working fine
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

view Wi-Fi connections
Phone
Contacts
read your contacts
Photos/Media/Files
Storage
Other
full network access
draw over other apps
view network connections
control vibration
run at startup

I haven't installed it.  That is what is listed under the permissions in the Google Play Store.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blockchainvault

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Birdog

Anyone can use this for a invite if you want
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#22]
One of the details I found on the PI Coin is the more people someone recruits the higher payout they get.  That is some pure multi-level marketing crap right there.  It also shows that they aren't paying people to mine/process anything.  If the payout is adjustable then they can just reward their buddies with huge payouts and all the bottom level people get scraps.  I'm going to pass on this as it feels like a data mining and marketing scheme.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Invite code for all: chipblue
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I find it hard to believe that Pi would generate anything even close to real money.

You'll lower your battery life, significantly... and probably lessen the life of the phone itself... for pennies.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok, I read up on it a bit. I'll bite because of FOMO.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I can haz invite plz?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I haven't installed it.  That is what is listed under the permissions in the Google Play Store.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blockchainvault

View Quote

Android OS offers much more local control of your device to the end user and app developers. This means an android user can control more access than an IOS user. This comes with a great deal more responsibility pushed onto the android user. You must manage your device and software access in the manner you feel is best, for better or worse. IOS being much more regulated does not allow apps a great deal of permissions outside of itself. Further, IOS does not offer those settings to the end user. IOS provides a much simpler management system for application access. What android allows and what IOS allows is not comparable.

If you do not like what android allows out of the box for the app requested permissions, you may selectively edit those permissions once the app is installed.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I can haz invite plz?
View Quote
minepi.com/Kramerica1
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Me too please
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Add me to the list if there's any room
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I would be grateful for a code.
Thanks much
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#32]
https://minepi.com/BLKVooDoo

Follow link for invite
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll hp your leg for an invite pleaae.  I have good reviews
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#34]
use my username as code.

i've been doing this for a while, so hoping it blows up one day.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#35]
To claim your Pi, follow this link https://minepi.com/Kramerica1 and use (Kramerica1) as your invitation code.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes please- send it
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Pi is a new digital currency developed by Stanford PhDs, with over 10 million members worldwide.  
To claim your Pi, follow this link https://minepi.com/pipiandmorepi and us "pipiandmorepi" as your invitation code!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Invite code= Birdog
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#39]
invite code = freqlord
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#40]
What the heck...I would like one if someone doesnt mind.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#41]
If it's not too much trouble I'd appreciate an invite as well. Thank you.
Nvm, figured it out.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Pi is a new digital currency developed by Stanford PhDs, with over 10 million members worldwide. To claim your Pi, follow this link https://minepi.com/BLKVooDoo and use my username (BLKVooDoo) as your invitation code.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Pi is a new digital currency developed by Stanford PhDs, with over 10 million members worldwide. To claim your Pi, follow this link https://minepi.com/Derilictsystem and use my username (Derilictsystem) as your invitation code.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Has anyone applied to run a node yet?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If so, can I get an invite?
View Quote

Can I get one too?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Delete
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Was wondering if I could get an invite ?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Was wondering if I could get an invite ?
View Quote

If you haven't gotten one yet, use freqlord for the invite code.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#49]
I’d take an invite
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I’d take an invite
View Quote

feel free to use mine: postalpi
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top