[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope, and if they ever did insist then I'd find a new range then and there
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope, but there are no RO's at my range, so it would have to be another member.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:18:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, it is becoming more common.  For example, Nashua F&G Association in Merrimack, NH, has rules in their bylaws that state you must have BATF form(s) 1,2,3,4 or 5 in your possession and that if asked you must show these documents to club officials, including the CRSO or RSOs.  This applies to suppressors, SBRs and SBSs.    No full auto is allowed.  

I've never been asked for a Form 1 or 4, but have gotten weird looks from some of the old timers when they see me using a suppressor on my pistol.  It is just a matter of time until one of them complains to a RSO, who then will feel it necessary to ask to see my BATF documentation.  It will be a waste of his or her time as I always carry a copy of my Form 1s and Form 4s with me, just in case someone can't mind their own business.

Other clubs in NH, such as Londonderry, allow full auto on certain ranges. I've also used most of my suppressors there at one time or another.  I've never been asked for a Form 1 or 4 there.  If fact, many members are also using their NFA toys at the range.  Good times!  You can guess which club I shoot more at.  
View Quote

Live free or die. Quit giving those faggots your money. Nashua is pretty much Massachusetts at this point anyway.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#4]
no  There are two I attend regularly, neither has.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#5]
A lot more of the gun community are fucking weirdos than I would care to admit. I have a range on my property so I get to keep my distance from said weirdos.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:41:11 AM EDT
[#6]
No. I've never asked to see my own tax stamp.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No never. Had a shooter from up north try telling me once though that my SBRs and suppressors were illegal.

Actually thought he was going pull a gun in me he got so made because I told him to screw off and mind his own business.

Tried to turn me on to the range owners. They just laughed at him
View Quote

To be fair, I’m sure “that’s how they did it back home”.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Fuck no they don’t
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sounds like you need to go to a different range.
View Quote

indeed. fuck them. my range doesn't ask and why should they. they are not federal LEOs
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
#2 reason I dont go to pay ranges. #1 being I can shoot at my house and live a half hour from plenty of federal land
View Quote

You know we hate you, right?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Private outdoor club. No, nobody “works” there to do that, anyway.

Louis Awerbuck would ask for his classes I attended - and he would tell everyone well in advance to bring the form(s). I’m not even sure it was his policy versus the facility policy. One glance on day one and that was it. Only time I’ve ever been asked, non-issue for me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:23:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Never once.

I had been told once by a range employee that we should have our copies with us just in case but that's it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:24:57 AM EDT
[#13]
1 does, most dont'
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#14]
nope
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's weak sauce
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Even the police don’t get to see my stamps. Only ATF agents and only if I don’t feel like making them get a warrant.

IIRC they don’t need a warrant but ‘Merica.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#17]
"It has personally identifying information on it that it none of your fucking business. No I will not show it to you."
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I've had a range ask if I had one but didn't ask to see it.

Apparently a few guys were making their own and coming in to test them.

The next time I went in they had a sign that all privately manufactured suppressors needed to show a stamp.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've had a range ask if I had one but didn't ask to see it.

Apparently a few guys were making their own and coming in to test them.

The next time I went in they had a sign that all privately manufactured suppressors needed to show a stamp.
View Quote

WAG is the FATF is harassing and intimidating the ranges about it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#20]
If they did, I’d find a new range.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Even the police don’t get to see my stamps. Only ATF agents and only if I don’t feel like making them get a warrant.

View Quote

Actually, Florida law says suppressors, SBR, SBS, and other NFA items are illegal in the state... UNLESS you have the federal permission slip.  The local cops can arrest you.  Granted, that is a very rare occurrence, but something to keep in mind.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Never

I've done some Carbine classes, I asked instructor ahead of time if SBR and suppressor was ok. He said he encourages them, He used a SBR with a can.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#23]
When I had a range my rule was that any NFA items were good to go, no matter what, if I got to shoot a mag through them. Barring that, pictures of the owner's girlfriend/wife's tits was acceptable.

Hey, my range, my rules.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Nope.

But in Michigan we have to carry a copy of our Stamp with us because if stopped by the police and we don't have it they will confiscate any NFA item and keep it until we bring in the Stamp and show them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol. If they’re illegal under state law, and the defense/exception is “compliance with the federal NFA” - then good luck with that approach. That’s a VERY common state law structure, by the way.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Nope, never.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Just make fake forms.  There is zero chance those retard fudds will know.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Palmetto State Armory in Summerville checks NFA paperwork, so much as to interrupt my shooting to ask for papers. Fernandina does not (or, did not as of the last time I shot there) ask to see docs, but will ask if you have them on your person.

Kinda annoying with the inconsistent policies. Maybe @PalmettoStateArm­ory could comment on this?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Never been asked to see my stamp for my suppressor. But did have a range owner talk down to me for having an AR pistol with a brace. His RO watched me like a hawk the whole time, I presume to see if the brace touched my shoulder. This was back when that was an issue. I've never been back to that range. Shame, it was nice.
View Quote

I hope you shouldered the shit out of it
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#30]
No.

I volunteer as an RO at a local range.  We don't enforce laws, we just make sure nobody is pointing loaded guns at each other.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Actually, Florida law says suppressors, SBR, SBS, and other NFA items are illegal in the state... UNLESS you have the federal permission slip.  The local cops can arrest you.  Granted, that is a very rare occurrence, but something to keep in mind.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Florida simply says “NFA is fine here.”  No further restrictions, and no lesser restrictions (like suppressor sanctuary states).

Under the federal law, the only people who have the authority to view the stamps are FATF agents.

It’s just like anything else.  If the local cops want to see the stamps, they need to get a warrant and have a reason besides mere possession of an item that isn’t always illegal.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lol. If they’re illegal under state law, and the defense/exception is “compliance with the federal NFA” - then good luck with that approach. That’s a VERY common state law structure, by the way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#33]
The two current ranges I am a member of..... nobody asks or cares.

However, in the past I have had plenty of local ranges ask to check you had approved NFA paperwork with you.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Never had anyone ask as of yet.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#35]
If they are asking to make photos or copies of your tax stamps, remind them of this.  I had to one time and it shut that range up pretty f-ing quick.

FL 790.335 Prohibition of registration of firearms (Felony)

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.335.html
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Lol no. I keep a copy in my pickup for when I travel to Minnesota but that's about it. I don't worry about it around here.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Id as to see their business license proof of insurance and ffl to insure their business was kosher.

Fuck that place
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#39]
LOL no.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nope, and if they ever did insist then I'd find a new range then and there
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#41]
EVERY indoor range in Orlando asks to see stamps. He doesnt have much a choice.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:30:20 AM EDT
[#42]
On my range there are no questions asked. I got tired of the telling myself MYOB.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Nope, never been asked.

I keep a PDF of all my trusts and stamps encrypted on my phone. I don't carry paper copies.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#44]
I keep a miniature copy of my stamp in the grip of my SOCOM, but nobody’s ever asked for it nor have I volunteered to show it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Went to Shooter's World Orlando this evening and they asked if I had any suppressors. Curiously I asked why and the counter worker told me that they don't allow NFA items without proof (tax stamp) to show that it is legal and that you're allowed to have it. I have never been asked that before there or at any other range I have visited.

Has your range ever asked you to prove that you're legal?
View Quote

Never had anyone ask to see it for that reason.  Now I've had plenty of people that just wanted to see one of the forms to see what they look like.    

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/300350/E0514A74-5452-480A-A7AE-FA8E54AA3EFE_jpe-1778727.JPG

Right - so FL law is structured exactly the way I said, and the other poster said. Yet here you are, still arguing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Right - so FL law is structured exactly the way I said, and the other poster said. Yet here you are, still arguing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/300350/E0514A74-5452-480A-A7AE-FA8E54AA3EFE_jpe-1778727.JPG

You interpret it one way. I do another. And that’s ok.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, if your state makes NFA items illegal, with a federal NFA tax stamp being an affirmative defense, then you could refuse to show the local PD  your tax stamp, but you could also be arrested for it, and have to take it all the way to your criminal trial, and then would have to provide the tax stamp anyways as evidence for your affirmative defense.

Texas has tried and failed to correct this language in recent years.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Went to Shooter's World Orlando this evening and they asked if I had any suppressors. Curiously I asked why and the counter worker told me that they don't allow NFA items without proof (tax stamp) to show that it is legal and that you're allowed to have it. I have never been asked that before there or at any other range I have visited.

Has your range ever asked you to prove that you're legal?
View Quote
never.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Did you ask to see their tax returns?

Find a new range.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top