BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 70
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:05:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the best method to monitor the short ratio for a given stock?
View Quote

this was posted here earlier

https://www.highshortinterest.com
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:08:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
"What we're gonna do is this: first we pitch 'em Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, blue chip coins exclusive. Coins these people know. Once we sucker them in, we unload the dog shit."
View Quote

This...

Get rich quick only works for a few people, everyone else holds the bag.

ETF, dividend funds, tax free bonds. Ride the long wave, not the short one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:09:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It will take that long for the funds to actually transfer from your account, but they'll credit you the funds to buy with instantly on good faith.
View Quote

I wonder is something is wrong then, because I can't buy right now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:55:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:37:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Redditors and others just getting into stonks to stick it to the hedge vultures need to channel the spirit of walsteetpro, an internet legend

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4xPUZRdC0

No one before or since has summoned up the right balance of awareness and righteous fury about the financialization of our country.  Trump came close, but you have to have that youthful f it all to really make it work.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:46:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Redditors and others just getting into stonks to stick it to the hedge vultures need to channel the spirit of walsteetpro, an internet legend

No one before or since has summoned up the right balance of awareness and righteous fury about the financialization of our country.  Trump came close, but you have to have that youthful f it all to really make it work.
View Quote

Tim!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:00:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok who the fuck is that guy, and why isn’t he President?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:01:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So....how does one buy crypto?

Can you buy it on Robin Hood?

That's a totally new area for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.  That was a fast setup too.  Downloaded the wallet, BTC transfer took ~ 1min.  

Now lets see if DOGE does anything once trading is halted on the stocks in the AM, maybe people will flock to DOGE for the kicks.

I just bought 85,000 DOGE

So....how does one buy crypto?

Can you buy it on Robin Hood?

That's a totally new area for me.

Robinhood does, but it's dependent on state for some reason. Here in WV, I can't.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:03:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

That takes me back.  Loved that guy
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ok who the fuck is that guy, and why isn’t he President?
View Quote

Economic commentary and smashing things.  It really didn't get much better back in '09

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:19:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Economic commentary and smashing things.  It really didn't get much better back in '09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWu-efNN8PM
View Quote

Fuck yes, that’s my spirit animal.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:02:42 AM EDT
[#12]
$500 pre market already.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Damn doge is on a mission.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#14]
GME AMC

Buy and HOLD.

NEVER SELL.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Fuck it, I'm in for 25 shares of AMC.

I figure if the whole thing comes crashing down to pre-retard prices, I'll only lose $450. I've wasted more than that on dumb shit before.

And if it goes to Gamestop prices, I'll make several grand

Also DogeCoin to the moon. Sitting on 26k coins
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:30:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
$500 pre market already.
View Quote

retards together strong
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#17]
AMC dropped back to $4 and change over night, back up to $20
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:53:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
$500 pre market already.
View Quote
It pulled back $100. Who knows what will happen at the open. You know someone is going to have gotten in early and never took any of their profit and wind up going back close to where they started.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#19]
As of this post premarket:

GME 1.6 mil shares traded
AMC 12.5 mil shares traded
NOK 27.5 mil shares traded
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#20]
The SEC can’t stop what’s coming without fundamentally fucking up the market.

The problem is/was institutional investors, who knew better, shorted GME well past what was available in stock to cover should the opposite play get wind and attack. The tard factor was never considered because institutional investors didn’t ever consider that short bus riders would independently band together as a group on a counter play.

Now on Friday the smartest people in the room will get pounded in the ass on an epic level for their hubris. FUCKING EPIC LEVEL.  

The tards are in it for the lols now and this will have an effect on the market because in a normal world profit would be taken and shorts would loose their asses but at least there would be shares available to cover.  The tards don’t care about profit right now.  If they don’t sell the price will theoretically go up indefinitely.  Tards will tell the tale of how they lost a 50 spot sticking it to the man.

The following ‘may’ occur.  

The broader market effect is the law of unintended consequences.  There has to be a cover.  There won’t be shares available to cover.  There will be margin calls.  There will be a lack of cash to cover the margin calls, because the smartest people in the room are heavily leveraged all over the place.  They will have to start selling everything not nailed down to come up with the cash to cover.  As everyone starts selling everything to cover, the computer algorithms will kick in and freak and start selling to take profit. Everyone, with any smarts, will head to cash to see what’s left to buy on Monday and discounted prices.

In short, you could see a 86/08 moment.

The fundamental reason for what is going to happen on Friday, free FED money, hubris and tard, will still exist on Monday. So if what I think is going to happen, next week will be a wild ride with long plays becoming available at heavily discounted prices.

Until free FED money stops or FED says the little guy can’t play in the sand box, the markets will be severely overvalued and these types of events will continue from time to time as hubris and tard run into each other.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The SEC can't stop what's coming without fundamentally fucking up the market.

The problem is/was institutional investors, who knew better, shorted GME well past what was available in stock to cover should the opposite play get wind and attack. The tard factor was never considered because institutional investors didn't ever consider that short bus riders would independently band together as a group on a counter play.

Now on Friday the smartest people in the room will get pounded in the ass on an epic level for their hubris. FUCKING EPIC LEVEL.  

The tards are in it for the lols now and this will have an effect on the market because in a normal world profit would be taken and shorts would loose their asses but at least there would be shares available to cover.  The tards don't care about profit right now.  If they don't sell the price will theoretically go up indefinitely.  Tards will tell the tale of how they lost a 50 spot sticking it to the man.

The following 'may' occur.  

The broader market effect is the law of unintended consequences.  There has to be a cover.  There won't be shares available to cover.  There will be margin calls.  There will be a lack of cash to cover the margin calls, because the smartest people in the room are heavily leveraged all over the place.  They will have to start selling everything not nailed down to come up with the cash to cover.  As everyone starts selling everything to cover, the computer algorithms will kick in and freak and start selling to take profit. Everyone, with any smarts, will head to cash to see what's left to buy on Monday and discounted prices.

The fundamental reason for what is going to happen on Friday, free FED money, hubris and tard, will still exist on Monday. So if what I think is going to happen, next week will be a wild ride with long plays becoming available at heavily discounted prices.

Until free FED money stops or FED says the little guy can't play in the sand box, the markets will be severely overvalued and these types of events will continue from time to time as hubris and tard run into each other.
View Quote
Most likely. I really could care less. Hoping for a 15,000 djia down swing anyway. Fuck Xiden.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:21:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Only if the Dems want their own storming of the Bastille.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I see a lot of SEC rake-backs in a lot of those investor's future.

Only if the Dems want their own storming of the Bastille.

I won't even be mad.

Just say the SEC cracks down, that will give the Warrens, Bernies, and AOCs of the dem party (and their supporters) enormous clout going foreword further fracturing their party. There will be riots (a real excuse this time) and Slo-Joe & Co. will be left holding the bag.....Slo Man Bad.

Just like gop supporters got their wake-up call the dems may well be on their way to getting theirs.

I'm more interested in how the clown world dems will try to claim that it's Trump's fault.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#23]
While it may have a huge effect on the market, I can't help but get a warm tingly about the average joes sticking it to the "pros". My wife and I have a modest portfolio, maybe a little more than you would expect for a middle class family, and our strategy has always been the long game. I made some extra on SWBI during elevation cycles, but that's because I had good research on what happened before. This is a totally new thing and I applaud the joes for sticking with it and making a shit ton of money off the "smartest people in the room".  

If there is a huge downturn because of this, those with cash ready are going to be looking at sales. I, for one, relish these opportunities because I like to keep around 5% in cash for such occasions. Not a lot, but they can add up over a few trades over the years. Pad that retirement. It's going to be exciting.

Good luck everyone. Godspeed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:22:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm more interested in how the clown world dems will try to claim that it's Trump's fault.  
View Quote

Ask and ye shall receive
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:24:20 AM EDT
[#25]
WSB is going to be out for blood now.

Looks like precious metals will be the next target, silver and gold are obscenely shorted, and extremely under valued.

With all that GME money they will be able to continue fucking with them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Makes one wonder how Hedge Fund companies are even legal.

WTF do they do other than skim off the top?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:26:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Most likely. I really could care less. Hoping for a 15,000 djia down swing anyway. Fuck Xiden.
View Quote

Friday, Monday and Tuesday will be a bloodbath. Markets will shut down many times.  Paper losses will be epic and MSM/XIDEN will blame Buffalo Hat Trump supporting investors who are aligned with foreign powers.  Cow suit dude will be butt hurt.

Big Tech will ban hate tech investing speech and shut down and Facebook page that post memes of the stupidity.

Anybody with cash will have a chance to buy and hold as the market climbs back up to it’s over inflated levels.  FED will pump more cash in for good measure.

When the FED puts their finger on the scale, shit breaks and true price discovery disappears. It’s inevitable that problems like this will occur.  

Smart and greedy will ultimately write a check their ass can’t cash. Melvin did this and a group of the tallest midgets are going to make them pay.

This is just a small version of the mortgage back security fuck up.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The SEC can’t stop what’s coming without fundamentally fucking up the market.

The problem is/was institutional investors, who knew better, shorted GME well past what was available in stock to cover should the opposite play get wind and attack. The tard factor was never considered because institutional investors didn’t ever consider that short bus riders would independently band together as a group on a counter play.

The tards are in it for the lols now and this will have an effect on the market because in a normal world profit would be taken and shorts would loose their asses but at least there would be shares available to cover.  The tards don’t care about profit right now.  If they don’t sell the price will theoretically go up indefinitely.  Tards will tell the tale of how they lost a 50 spot sticking it to the man.

The following ‘may’ occur.  

The broader market effect is the law of unintended consequences.  There has to be a cover.  There won’t be shares available to cover.  There will be margin calls.  There will be a lack of cash to cover the margin calls, because the smartest people in the room are heavily leveraged all over the place.  They will have to start selling everything not nailed down to come up with the cash to cover.  As everyone starts selling everything to cover, the computer algorithms will kick in and freak and start selling to take profit. Everyone, with any smarts, will head to cash to see what’s left to buy on Monday and discounted prices.

Until free FED money stops or FED says the little guy can’t play in the sand box, the markets will be severely overvalued and these types of events will continue from time to time as hubris and tard run into each other.
View Quote

Good post.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:28:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Friday, Monday and Tuesday will be a bloodbath. Markets will shut down many times.  Paper losses will be epic and MSM/XIDEN will blame Buffalo Hat Trump supporting investors who is aligned with foreign powers.

Big Tech will ban hate tech investing speech and shut down and Facebook page that post memes of the stupidity.

Anybody with cash will have a chance to buy and hold as the market climbs back up to it’s over inflated levels.  FED will pump more cash in for good measure.

When the FED puts their finger on the scale, shit breaks and true price discovery disappears. It’s inevitable that problems like this will occur.  

Smart and greedy will ultimately write a check their ass can’t cash. Melvin did this and a group of the tallest midgets are going to make them pay.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Friday, Monday and Tuesday will be a bloodbath. Markets will shut down many times.  Paper losses will be epic and MSM/XIDEN will blame Buffalo Hat Trump supporting investors who is aligned with foreign powers.

All this from GME? Shit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:30:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
WSB is going to be out for blood now.

Looks like precious metals will be the next target, silver and gold are obscenely shorted, and extremely under valued.

With all that GME money they will be able to continue fucking with them.
View Quote

$silv that best for silver?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

All this from GME? Shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All this from GME? Shit.

Well, some of it could be hype.

But I expect a domino effect.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

All this from GME? Shit.
View Quote

Yes and no.

Hedge Funds got too greedy, WSB found a cheat code and tipped the scales in favor of the little guy.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask and ye shall receive

I'm sure it was not meant as one but damn, that's about as close to a complement towards Trump and his supporters as anyone ever wrote at CNN.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Full disclosure, I know nothing of the stock market... my investments consist of land and powerball tickets. I’ve tried to read and understand what’s happening, but really just don’t get it . So my question ..... is any part of what these folks are doing, even remotely against the rules/illegal? Sounds like a bunch of folks buying stock in an effort to make money?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

indeed
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:43:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Full disclosure, I know nothing of the stock market... my investments consist of land and powerball tickets. I’ve tried to read and understand what’s happening, but really just don’t get it . So my question ..... is any part of what these folks are doing, even remotely against the rules/illegal? Sounds like a bunch of folks buying stock in an effort to make money?
View Quote

Nothing illegal. The Reddit people bought up the GME stock that a hedge fund shorted by 140%. Eventually, the hedge fund had to buy back what they sold. But since the redditors bought a shit ton of GME and are holding, the cost of the GME stock is rising as the hedge fund had to buy more to cover their sales.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Full disclosure, I know nothing of the stock market... my investments consist of land and powerball tickets. I've tried to read and understand what's happening, but really just don't get it . So my question ..... is any part of what these folks are doing, even remotely against the rules/illegal? Sounds like a bunch of folks buying stock in an effort to make money?
View Quote
As far as I know nope. The media is already painting it as racism, white supremacist and such. I'm old enough to remember investment groups. People got together and talked about stocks and what to buy and sell in the next week or month and such. They took information that was available to anyone that would look on the amount of shorts. It helped with a name people recognized, the volume, and the price. and of course the number of shorts. As far as I know nothing illegal. They are painting it as market manipulation. To me sounds like a group of people saying "I'm going to buy X for Y reason".

Firm with a short posistion gets on CNBC all the time and attempts to drive down the price of the stock talking about how bad a shape the company is in and it's headed to nothing. But it's not market manipulation.

Having a lot of people at home a lot. People not working, many of them closely tied to the markets in New York, and having people having Biden Bucks to throw at it didn't hurt, but some of the early money wasn't exactly small change.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Good simple explanation for those who keep asking:
How r/WallStreetBets Made GameStop's Stock Price Soar: Reddit Takes on Short Sellers - TLDR News
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#39]
How far do you guys think the s&p could fall as a result from this? All my real money is in VTI (I’m relatively young and just planned to hold decades). Should I cash out and buy Monday at a discount?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Makes one wonder how Hedge Fund companies are even legal.

WTF do they do other than skim off the top?
View Quote

They manipulate the market and apparently get pissed when others do it while trying to tattle to the SEC.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How far do you guys think the s&p could fall as a result from this? All my real money is in VTI (I’m relatively young and just planned to hold decades). Should I cash out and buy Monday at a discount?
View Quote

If you're young, let it ride. There's ups and downs in the market all the time.

< Not a financial advisor
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#42]
I see Eddy Murphy, a toy with the Kung Fo chop and grumpy old men all over this GameStop thing.

Did people cash out yet for their real money?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

HOLD THAT GME BOYS!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is unprecedented not, the same. You basically now have a force outside of Wall Street manipulating stocks. the future of this is unknown right now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I see Eddy Murphy, a toy with the Kung Fo chop and grumpy old men all over this GameStop thing.

Did people cash out yet for their real money?
View Quote

no
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m wondering the same, I have a 401k at an old employer in a Principal account that I’d like to roll over to Fidelity. But lately the market has been going up enough that I could lose several thousand by having it out of play for a few days. Wanting to move it during a likely downswing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This is unprecedented not, the same. You basically now have a force outside of Wall Street manipulating stocks. the future of this is unknown right now.
View Quote

Because we know what happens when wall street manipulates stocks

Good guys lose money and bad guys get money.

This time its reversed I guess.

Wish I had any piece of the pie.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s not a lot of money, but it is basically my life savings. It’s about 20 grand. I guess really I should just let it sit and if it does dip buy a few extra shares at the discount and bring my average cost down
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It’s not a lot of money, but it is basically my life savings. It’s about 20 grand. I guess really I should just let it sit and if it does dip buy a few extra shares at the discount and bring my average cost down
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the way
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

All this from GME? Shit.
View Quote

Yes and No

It will depend on how leveraged everyone is with everybody else.

One real possibility.

Everyone in leveraged all over the place with each other. If they don’t have liquidity they have to sell something to get cash.

In theory if everyone is leveraged past the point to cover, then there would be no buyers because nobody would have cash.  BOOM. Now this isn’t the case, but those with cash are going to call on the way down, put on the way up to true price levels and buy long as the FED dumps more cash into the market. Printer goes burrrrrrr.  This will repeat until it breaks again.

This is the ultimate problem when things are overvalued, because of a finger on the scale, and leveraged at multiples that are past the amount of cash to cover.

The SECs only real solution is to limit the option market’s leverage % without showing the liquidity to cover a certain percentage of the loss.  They may also limit option to a certain % against the total stock available.  These solutions will create other problems though.  The reason that the markets are free is so stupid gets busted out. The fact that tard caused institutional stupid to bust...well sorry about your educated stupid play butt hurt....doesn’t play into it.

They are going to have a problem stopping tard because there is no law against tard. Tard didn’t break any laws. They may say posting what you plan on doing in /rWSB was manipulation, but that’s no different than me sayin “I’m heading to the bar to get drunk and chase pussy....WHO’S in”

If you have cash...see what’s up next week.  The doe to buck ratio may be in your favor and there may be pussy looking to get fucked.  But then again, you gotta be the big dick with balls of steal to play the game on wild swings.  

Fun times, unless you’re planning on retiring next week and want your cash.
Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top