BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

People's situations are different. You expect someone with medical problems who needs money to go out and get a side job?  That's an actual real example from a guy here a week or so ago.

Alternatively, if you have more than you will ever shoot, or some catridge you're convinced you won't shoot, why wouldn't you sell when the market is high?  What's the plan otherwise, leave it in your basement until your estate has to dump it in a garage sale to 1srelluc for far less than you paid?

Me? I was sitting on some XM855 that no range around me will let me shoot...and I have more than enough M193 for the rest of my life.  So instead of sitting on my shelf gathering dust, I sold it at a price that I was very happy with.  

People have different priorities and different situations...and certainly different sizes of forts. I'm sure some people stacked deeply in hopes of selling some of it. That's certainly why many people here stacked so deeply in lowers and mags.  YMMV.
View Quote

I agree. It's like selling your next meal and not making enough to buy another.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:Lol, yep.  Bought 1k in Sep last year and it was supposed to ship Nov..... then Dec....then Jan....now Feb.  I am starting to have doubts it will ever ship.
View Quote

Same here, 3 orders of 1k each, all pushed from Aug to April now. I doubt they will fill those orders because they were at pre panic prices.

I also think the .gov and military are getting all the ammo. There is no way the industry as a whole can not produce some ammo for the retailers. They all sing the same song, lack of components, yet they say they are running full capacity now. So where did the last million rounds go last month? .gov and military

The big picture plan is to make us unable to buy ammo. An AR without ammo is just an awkward bat, better off with a Louisville Slugger.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:Are they holding your funds hostage?
View Quote

No, they get a credit card pre-approval that doesn't affect your account.
They are required to notify us of each delay in shipping and we have to reply that we want to keep the order open or they close the order. I lost one order of 5.56 because I did not reply in time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nope. Even on auction houses they are selling for stupid prices.

Winchester Primers
View Quote

Insane. I got some but was stocking up more components and then COVID hit. Primers were last on my list. Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm seeing fuckers buying ammo early in the morning at Academy and Cabelas and then flipping it right in the parking lot to folks at the back of the line who missed their chance.
Can't be legal but nobody has stopped them (or robbed them ).....yet
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:I'm seeing fuckers buying ammo early in the morning at Academy and Cabelas and then flipping it right in the parking lot to folks at the back of the line who missed their chance.Can't be legal but nobody has stopped them (or robbed them ).....yet
View Quote

Why would that be illegal?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:So are the mfgs unable to get components because they are made in China?  How does one make a primer?
View Quote

Obama shut down the last lead smelter facility in the USA, so all lead comes from China or South America.

As others posted, this is an intentional shortage against the consumers. Eventually, most small gun stores will close. There will be no bailout for them. Cabela's and such will transition from hunting/shooting to other sports as Dick's did.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#8]
The last time I was in my LGS about three weeks ago, the only ammo for sale was what was needed for the classes.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm seeing fuckers buying ammo early in the morning at Academy and Cabelas and then flipping it right in the parking lot to folks at the back of the line who missed their chance.
View Quote

In 2013 I was working a shift that allowed me to be near first in line at Walmart every morning if I wanted. Following their app made it easy to predict which Walmarts would have certain calibers the next morning. There were definitely times I was tempted to do what you just described, or at least offer to do so to people who were whining and talking shit from the back of the line.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Both sides are preparing for Civil War 2.0

And the left has a long way to catch up.

If you are good on ammo I would focus on other gear before those prices get ridiculous

1) Night vision
2) body armor
3) medical gear
4) spare high capacity mags
5) Optics, lights, lasers
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I just picked up 3 bricks of Blazer 22 at Walmart today for $26 and change.  They had tons of 12 and 20 GA shells.  Lady said they got an ammo shipment in and have been selling a bunch all day.  Limit on 22 was 3 boxes.   Seems to be hit or miss.  

Last weekend I was in a Walmart that had 7mm Rem Mag,  300 Win Mag and 350 Legend ammo in stock 4-5 boxes of each caliber.  I may have to pick up a 350 Legend since I see it a lot on shelves.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Local Walmart had about 20 of the Federal 800 round bulk packs for $42 yesterday. They also had 50 and 100 round boxes of various CCI.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Makers are slow rolling delivery to ensure max profits.

They are producing as fast as they can but they are stacking deep.

Lower supply during increased demand means more profits for them for the same output they always have had.

Until people stop treating ammo like toilet paper it will remain this way.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not necessarily illegal (although if it can be proven that they're making a lot of profit off of it and not filing taxes for it....but I think cops have bigger things to worry about right now-then again they HAVE shaken down lemonade stands before )

Certainly immoral/kinda douchey and I'm sure Cabelas/Academy/whoever would love to know what competitor is setting up shop on their private property and making money without their say so (everyone wants their cut nowadays)

That and if frustrated people start getting into fights with dick-waggers like them, it would look awfully bad for the company essentially perpetrating it by feeding the fire with ammo.

I'm guilty of having done that for local folks I know at the back of the line (I've snagged the box limit, then simply sold it back to them for the same amount to help them out.) A few have tipped me for the help but it's nothing I could make a living off of.
But I've NEVER grabbed up all the ammo I could find with a group of buddies, flipped down the tailgate of my truck and set up shop right there next to the store entrance hawking ammo like some carnival barker.  Seen that shit too.
I feel like that's an EXCELLENT way to get robbed, lol
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Local cities in North Texas are circulating an email on a supply and acquisitions listserv asking for ammo.

They can't find any for their police academies, annual training or duty issue.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone know where I can get some cheap 9mm?

I don't really want to pay more than .20/rd.

LMFAO

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/raw-355.gif

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My 1k rounds of wolf was pushed back from Feb to April (sportsmans guide)
View Quote

Surprising that they took a backorder...
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I see those WTB ads on local boards. They need to invest in a Delorean
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

That freedom is a bitch ain't it?

Fucking eyeroll. Legal.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We were warned to buy during the salad days.  Shame on you if you didn't.
View Quote

This.

I'm more worried about ever finding another bottle of Blanton's again. Eagle Rare seems to be going that way too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Watched Blazer .22 sell for $10 per 50 and people were happy to pay it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah I'm starting to regret having sold all of mine. Doesn't look like the opportunity to replenish is going to come cheap.
View Quote

Here's the world's smallest violin.

Those of you that enjoy affordable Russian steel enjoy that before Biden fucks it along with everything else.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#24]
For those in the know, something has changed in the last 8 or so days.

Everything, everywhere has stopped.......

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That’s only a part of it. Manufacturers are experiencing issues with raw materials and transportation delays.  All that ammunition the Federal CEO was showing on that video was likely destined for the military.  

I predict that many of the smaller fun stores go out of business as firearms are suffering the same fate.

With reloading components at an absolute premium, these smaller shops are fucked.  They’ll be closing, unless the government shits more money for them.
View Quote

Or it was regular commercial lots that sold out like everything else.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was at the LGS the other day around 12:30 in the afternoon....the shipment must have just come in, because one of the employees brings out the cart full of ammo to put on the shelves.  The kid didn't even have a chance to put anything up as I have never in my life seen a bunch of grown men Karens run to that shit like it was $2 pussy......When it cleared, I asked for 300 blackout, and of course the kid said, all out bro...    Gawd i hate people....
View Quote

So in short, you saw a fresh supply of ammo and grown men getting theirs like it was $2 pussy.  You hung back, waited for sloppy seconds and left with a case of blue balls.  LOL.  Now you hate people.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

certainly feels that way
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

In my state, it's only illegal if it's sportsball/concert tickets.
But doing business on the retailer's property could probably be made into trespassing, just like trying to buy that $200 Glock before the seller can get into the pawnshop with it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please, do go on...
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I have some left over .357 defense ammo and .38 Special shot shells I've tried to trade to fellow gun owners locally for .223 or 5.56.  No takers  yet.

I bought cheap and stacked it deep during Obama, but I've actually had to crack open a couple of ten-year-old containers lately just to say I've been to the range.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Steel case jumped to $.75/rd from a consistent $.60.

Brass is over $1/rd now on Ammoseek. Prett much no match ammo anymore, either.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The Arfcom mantra has been repeated incessantly since I first started here:  

"Buy cheap, stack deep."
View Quote

The problem with that mantra is people only recognize cheap when it has passed.  When you've seen a constant decrease in price over a year, there's no reason to think it won't be even cheaper next month.

Mantra needs to change.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Question to all that have been buying ammo....What about current firearms availability in your AO?

I haven't been in a gun store in months, but how has firearms availability changed in the last week or so? I mean standard PSA style AR rifles, Glock 17/19, etc?

If so, what are prices on those now on new rifles?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So in short, you saw a fresh supply of ammo and grown men getting theirs like it was $2 pussy.  You hung back, waited for sloppy seconds and left with a case of blue balls.  LOL.  Now you hate people.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at the LGS the other day around 12:30 in the afternoon....the shipment must have just come in, because one of the employees brings out the cart full of ammo to put on the shelves.  The kid didn't even have a chance to put anything up as I have never in my life seen a bunch of grown men Karens run to that shit like it was $2 pussy......When it cleared, I asked for 300 blackout, and of course the kid said, all out bro...    Gawd i hate people....

Whatever, just tell me more about that $2 pussy.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:33:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Question to all that have been buying ammo....What about current firearms availability in your AO?

I haven't been in a gun store in months, but how has firearms availability changed in the last week or so? I mean standard PSA style AR rifles, Glock 17/19, etc?

View Quote

Still fuckloads of Glocks, Sig, etc. shelves are still full of ARs, biggest thing I see depleted are shotguns and the cheap shitty guns like Taurus and the like.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's pretty much all gone in my local AO unless you want a bolt action hunting rifle in an odd ball caliber.

I visited 4 stores on Saturday.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If the Dems have their way, I predict they will put most of the ammo makers out of business and restrict most of it for police and gov. thugs.
View Quote

There are only THREE major ammunition producers in this country:  Vista, Winchester, Remington (now owned by Vista)

All the little guys (Buffalo Bore, etc.) buy at least SOME of their components from these big three.

The Dems might be able to put the little guys out of the game, but the big guys are who supply to LE, and to some extent, the DOD.  Winchester is currently running the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant on contract, and that is obviously intended for DOD consumption, primarily.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Here's the world's smallest violin.

Those of you that enjoy affordable Russian steel enjoy that before Biden fucks it along with everything else.
View Quote
Yup.

We don't have the text yet of HR 127 but the title does include prohibitions on certain ammo........no doubt that will include 5.56 NATO and 7.62 x 39.

Oh well, anything to make democrats and "principled republicans" happy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Still fuckloads of Glocks, Sig, etc. shelves are still full of ARs, biggest thing I see depleted are shotguns and the cheap shitty guns like Taurus and the like.
View Quote

Quoted:

It's pretty much all gone in my local AO unless you want a bolt action hunting rifle in an odd ball caliber.

I visited 4 stores on Saturday.
View Quote

Interesting...I follow my local internet gun board and all AR's are gone, and one G19 listed, but then I am north of Tampa, which would probably be different than really rural FL. I don't know about LGS, but I do know that one locally closed recently because they couldn't keep inventory, or so I was told.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Interesting...I follow my local internet gun board and all AR's are gone, and one G19 listed, but then I am north of Tampa, which would probably be different than really rural FL. I don't know about LGS, but I do know that one locally closed recently because they couldn't keep inventory, or so I was told.
View Quote

Ammo will come under attack as much as anything..........AMMO!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Check out 2010. I hear they have some in stock.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Makers are slow rolling delivery to ensure max profits.

They are producing as fast as they can but they are stacking deep.

Lower supply during increased demand means more profits for them for the same output they always have had.

Until people stop treating ammo like toilet paper it will remain this way.
View Quote

This is exactly right.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I went to 4 different gun stores in various parts of the state.  Most looked like stores that have clearanced out their inventory and are shutting down, empty cases and shelves.  One had some stock, but I'm just not paying over a buck a round for 9x19 FMJ.  They just had place holders on the ammo shelf so no idea how much.  But that place was a tiny shop that seemed to mostly cater to AR-15 builders.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not a problem... but you must bring your own weapons.

https://i.imgur.com/9FjpuQH.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a problem... but you must bring your own weapons.

https://i.imgur.com/9FjpuQH.jpg

I get that reference.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jacketed Hollow Points right...??
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yes, sadly you are correct. I can't begin to explain the feeling of uneasiness I'm experiencing right  now living without any guns or ammo. Simply did not see any of this coming. I'm decently skilled with a bo staff but that isn't going to get me very far when things really start to pop off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like the "big money" flippers got fucked by trying to make a few hundred dollars in the short term.  Too shortsighted in their part.

Yes, sadly you are correct. I can't begin to explain the feeling of uneasiness I'm experiencing right  now living without any guns or ammo. Simply did not see any of this coming. I'm decently skilled with a bo staff but that isn't going to get me very far when things really start to pop off.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Where are they buying it?

The best that even a dedicated neckbeard could do wouldn't yield a huge profit. Maybe they buy 5.56 at .62-.65 and sell for .80-1.0. This isn't like early 2013 when you could triple your money.

I get the distinct impression that most buyers are holding, not re-selling. And the market pricing and inventory numbers bear that out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neckbeards are buying it up and selling it.

Where are they buying it?

The best that even a dedicated neckbeard could do wouldn't yield a huge profit. Maybe they buy 5.56 at .62-.65 and sell for .80-1.0. This isn't like early 2013 when you could triple your money.

I get the distinct impression that most buyers are holding, not re-selling. And the market pricing and inventory numbers bear that out.

Yes, where are the neckbeards finding this stuff?

If most places aren't getting regular shipments, then checking walmart every day at 8 AM isn't helpful.  With programs like Ammoseek, it's not like they are finding internet deals that the rest of us cannot.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ive had some ammo listed on armslist for 60day. Couple of inquiries, but this week ive gotten double the messages versus what ive had before.
View Quote

Hmmm, lol.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#50]
I stopped by 10ring in Houston yesterday to scope out what they have in the way of bullets for reloading as we have a new line we are working like hell to get out.

They actually have lots of bullets of all types-but no everything. They also had lots of brass and powder, but naturally very few primers. They also had lots of casting molds for various bullets, some rifles and pistols etc plus a dam nice Remington 700 that I want. Reloading machines were mostly out.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top