Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Hanging out on the GON marketplace I see.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

$250 for that box of .22 ammo and he can't afford to pay to be a member there.  ??
View Quote

There is no bullshit membership fee on Woody's
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I traded a guy a box of .380 for 9mm today.  Dunno how I got the .380; guess it just got mixed in somehow- new S&B in the gold and black box.  Anyway, got a box of Fed. Champion 115gr brass for it.  The price on the back of the box of 9?  $33.99!  And it ain't a new box either...
View Quote

That's odd. I got a case of that from Natchez 3 months ago for 27cpr (30cpr delivered).  It's nothing special. It's just brass cased plated FMJ.

Funny thing is I jumped on that deal when I saw it here because people were so excited about it and then felt like a sucker for paying so much for 9mm, especially when I didn't need any more.  I've gotten over it.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Dsgarms.com has them
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
From what I am seeing the magazine run hasn’t started yet.

Your average person who bought a gun in the last six months doesn’t value multiple magazines. Especially when they can’t find ammo to fill them.

I can’t seem to find aluminum 5.56 mags from the reputable dealers for usual prices.

Dsgarms.com has them

Do you or does anyone know off hand who makes the mags for them?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Perused GB for a bit earlier...

22LR is going for higher than you could buy LCM193 for 12 months ago.
View Quote

Do you have to have an account to see finished auction prices?  Do they even show that?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#6]
So am I the only one that decided to get back into Archery since series can be re used?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Seriously though... ** right now ** would be a perfect time for investors to start up an ammo component manufacturing facility.

Primers in particularly.

Just load the basics like 5.56 and 9mm to start, then branch out. Supply and demand. Competition. Get 8-10 guys, pool together some progressive reloaders, start cranking out ammo.

The major hold up would be the manufacturing of primers, then powder, then projectiles. 5.56 and 9mm brass can be found anywhere.

View Quote

You should absolutely do that, since it's so simple.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Most won't live long enough to shoot through their ammo forts.  

If you aren't fit for combat then stacking deep for an alien invasion is useless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the Great Boogaloo that's why.

Most won't live long enough to shoot through their ammo forts.  

If you aren't fit for combat then stacking deep for an alien invasion is useless.

An old Jewish dude in California’s preps for fighting tyranny circa 1995 was a box of old revolvers and several boxes of ammo. He had no plan to fight fair or hide in woods, in sewer system, or on a roof top. His attitude was simply ‘too old for that’, if the shit hit the fan his plan was he would just walk and give his enemy a cylinder full and walk away leaving the gun behind, or simply die right there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You should absolutely do that, since it's so simple.
View Quote

Since primers are not made for specific calibers like that I have my doubts in his business or technical abilities.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If anyone is in need of .220 Swift,  my local Dunhams has about 50 boxes of it in stock.   Of course they are out of everything else.  

For the past couple months,  that is all that has been on the shelf,  and it doesn't look like they have sold any.

Doubt they even have a rifle in the case in that caliber.
View Quote

Oooooh!  I LIKE the swift!

Keeping you in mind, OP.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
D&H makes DSG mags.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So am I the only one that decided to get back into Archery since series can be re used?
View Quote
Pellet gun be tons O' fun.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#14]
One LGS just posted 16,000 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass 9mm for $600 per 500.

It’s out there, but pricey.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#15]
My little LGS just got 12k of PMC 5.56 in.  Not cheap but available.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Local Academy Sports, Cabelas, Gander and most LGS are out of everything and nothing has been delivered in two weeks. Walmarts are down to 28 gauge shotgun shells.

Before the new year all of these places would get random shipments and it would be gone fast, but they were still getting SOMETHING.

On local dealer says he’s on hold while distributors reevaluate pricing schedules, again.

Gun inventory, same story,
View Quote

Same here, even though the 28 gauge stock between my local Walmart and Academy is almost gone as well.

I was talking to a detective of a neighboring small town PD and he said their department can’t get ammo.

It makes me wonder where it’s all going.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Like money in the bank. #dillon #550 #9mm #bluebullets

The tone at the end it is telling me it is hungry for more unobtainium.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

You dawg. Cheers
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Do you have to have an account to see finished auction prices?  Do they even show that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Perused GB for a bit earlier...

22LR is going for higher than you could buy LCM193 for 12 months ago.

I believe you might have to be logged in to use some "advanced search" features.

I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#20]
We can get much stupider than that.

Attachment Attached File

Plus shipping.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CJKF6sERoA

The tone at the end it is telling me it is hungry for more unobtainium.
View Quote

I've never used a Dillon 550, but gotta say that it's pretty damn slow compared to my Loadmaster.  I cranked out 7k rounds of 9mm a few weeks ago one hell of a lot faster than what that video is showing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I needed some trap loads and was walking by the empty ammo shelves in Walmart and saw these sitting on the side.  The girl told me she just put them out.  Great, well now they are all gone.
22.76 a box of 100.  Not a horrible price these days.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This has got to be hurting new gun sales.  What's the point in buying something when you can't get ammo for it?  I know i have zero interest in buying anything right now...
View Quote
2020 gun sales were up 60%, 34% over the previous record in 2016.

Every month of 2020 was a new record high for that month.  There were more NICS checks in December than any month ever.  40% of buyers were newbies.  8.4 million first time gun owners are scrounging for ammo.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Underwood ammo has the oddball calibers in stock, including .45Super
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Sig has some of their "premium" 9mm hollow point for $1 per round.

If I needed 9mm, I would get that before I would spend about the same for FMC.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I think the bigger problem is for active trainers.
I shoot all the time, thought I had enough after the sandy hook snafu............nope!

Just bit the bullet and bought 9mm for .63 a round, looked the next day, from the same store and it was .77 a round
I believe it will get worse before it gets better.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Seriously though... ** right now ** would be a perfect time for investors to start up an ammo component manufacturing facility.

Primers in particularly.

Just load the basics like 5.56 and 9mm to start, then branch out. Supply and demand. Competition. Get 8-10 guys, pool together some progressive reloaders, start cranking out ammo.

The major hold up would be the manufacturing of primers, then powder, then projectiles. 5.56 and 9mm brass can be found anywhere.

View Quote

If they started the process of setting up the company today, they might be releasing product in 2023.
Who knows what things will look like by then
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't ever intend to be that close.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If they started the process of setting up the company today, they might be releasing product in 2023.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Primers in particularly.

All that and they'd still be competing for raw materials with the major players that have existing relationships/contracts with their suppliers.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:14:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Kiss that ammo goodbye. I waited 4 months before they just summarily canceled my order of 223 in the spring. Sportsman's guide is BS. Never count on them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 1k rounds of wolf was pushed back from Feb to April (sportsmans guide)

Kiss that ammo goodbye. I waited 4 months before they just summarily canceled my order of 223 in the spring. Sportsman's guide is BS. Never count on them.

Sportsmans Guide back orders are like playing scratch tickets- almost always losers, a few small wins here and there, once in a while a decent win.  

Bastards cancelled out lots of my backorders the last panic, after I wasted time every month or so re-confirming that I still wanted the ammo.  I didn’t even bother this panic with them for that very reason, figured it was a waste of time, and their prices were not that great at the time anyhow.  However if I had known things were going to go this crazy, likely would have done it and spun the wheel just in case they delivered.  

But I would have only needed it to re-sell, which means I didn’t really need any.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I've never used a Dillon 550, but gotta say that it's pretty damn slow compared to my Loadmaster.  I cranked out 7k rounds of 9mm a few weeks ago one hell of a lot faster than what that video is showing.
View Quote

I take my time.

I inspect my brass and completed rounds as I load. That should be obvious.

Other folks just blindly pull and keep pulling. Not me.

It is a hand indexed system on a 550 vs pulling rotating the shell plate like a 650 and up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

for real. I remember almost every single email he sent out said "prices are at an all time low" or "prices are now at a 10 year low"
advising people if they were looking for stuff to not wait.
View Quote

I bought what I could.  Got about 20K rounds during that time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Just got off the phone with one of my best suppliers. Last week he had 91-cases (200-rounds per case) of Hornady TAP .308.
All GONE.
Nothing coming in at this time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

People will buy guns even if ammo is $3-4/round.

First people will believe that chances favor grandfathering of what they own or that they can cache the gun. Ammo price will not be a factor for those buyers.

Second most of the people buying guns that don't have ammo already will say ok that's just the price of admission or don't know last year at this time ammo was cheap.
These buyers are cool with 50-100 rounds for their arsenal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the ammo manufacturers don't add capacity, I suspect gun sales will crash soon.  People won't keep buying guns for which they can't buy ammo or reloading components.

People will buy guns even if ammo is $3-4/round.

First people will believe that chances favor grandfathering of what they own or that they can cache the gun. Ammo price will not be a factor for those buyers.

Second most of the people buying guns that don't have ammo already will say ok that's just the price of admission or don't know last year at this time ammo was cheap.
These buyers are cool with 50-100 rounds for their arsenal.

I did not say that nobody will buy guns.  I said that gun sales will crash, meaning no more record sales months.  Most guns are sold to people who already own some, and many don't have a deep stockpile of ammo.  I've already heard from numerous people that they have put off a planned gun purchase, since they can't buy ammo.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Same here, even though the 28 gauge stock between my local Walmart and Academy is almost gone as well.

I was talking to a detective of a neighboring small town PD and he said their department can’t get ammo.

View Quote

Auction sites, craigslist, local ads, ect.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I take my time.

I inspect my brass and completed rounds as I load. That should be obvious.

Other folks just blindly pull and keep pulling. Not me.

It is a hand indexed system on a 550 vs pulling rotating the shell plate like a 650 and up.
View Quote

I find reloading using a single press relaxing as it is slow and methodical. Don't think I'd like the multi-loading process as much. Which might just be an excuse to save money for other gun things.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I find reloading using a single press relaxing as it is slow and methodical. Don't think I'd like the multi-loading process as much. Which might just be an excuse to save money for other gun things.
View Quote

Pistol ammo on a single stage takes 3 pulls per rounds.  I don't have that much time.  So I take my time and get three times the output.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sportsmans Guide back orders are like playing scratch tickets- almost always losers, a few small wins here and there, once in a while a decent win.  

Bastards cancelled out lots of my backorders the last panic, after I wasted time every month or so re-confirming that I still wanted the ammo.  I didn’t even bother this panic with them for that very reason, figured it was a waste of time, and their prices were not that great at the time anyhow.  However if I had known things were going to go this crazy, likely would have done it and spun the wheel just in case they delivered.  

But I would have only needed it to re-sell, which means I didn’t really need any.
View Quote

And just like that, got an email from Sportsman's Guide that my backorder that was supposed to be on 1/25/2021 is now 4/10/2021 and do I want to keep the backorder.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Normally I wouldn't recommend them at all....but they just sold me 3000 40S&W for 38cpr shipped this week so now we are OK

My 223 backorders are from last Augest and has not shipped.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Don't worry guys, Bud's has you covered. You can finance this box of ammo with zero down.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/mobile/product/411558786/legend+9mm+115gr+fmj+100rd+pack
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#41]

$0.76 with buyers club and 4 interest free payments.

I wonder if we will be financing ammo over 72 months some day

Also Midway has 5.56 for $0.69 before tax and shipping and IMI razorcore 77gr for $1.10
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
One LGS just posted 16,000 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass 9mm for $600 per 500.

It’s out there, but pricey.
View Quote

Correction, $80 per 50.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
D&H makes DSG mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

D&H makes DSG mags.

@jaqufrost

Thank you.  I got 2 X 10 packs.  I already have a ton of mags, including D&H, Okay, PMags, etc, but while they’re cheap, may as well top off.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So in short, you saw a fresh supply of ammo and grown men getting theirs like it was $2 pussy.  You hung back, waited for sloppy seconds and left with a case of blue balls.  LOL.  Now you hate people.  
View Quote

I agree with original poster, I hate that shit but this had me rolling... Lol
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@jaqufrost

Thank you.  I got 2 X 10 packs.  I already have a ton of mags, including D&H, Okay, PMags, etc, but while they're cheap, may as well top off.
View Quote
Good choice. I picked up a couple hundred last month.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re forgetting a step. Vista and Olin aren’t selling on anyone’s local board.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I needed some trap loads and was walking by the empty ammo shelves in Walmart and saw these sitting on the side.  The girl told me she just put them out.  Great, well now they are all gone.
22.76 a box of 100.  Not a horrible price these days.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105442/trap_loads_jpg-1778951.JPG
View Quote

That is the standard pre panic price for those shotgun shells, and a very good deal today.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I gave away a box of Hornady FTX to a friend’s son because I found out that his carry gun was loaded with FMJ and he couldn’t find any JHP.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm selling my last case of primers.  I wonder what I'll get for them.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top