Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Wakeup call inbound to some fence sitters I'd imagine.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
  • Mike note: Ongoing Youtube, Twitter, etc purges seem to have dramatically expanded in scope

• [/ul]
    View Quote

I've been seeing conspiracy theory youtubers getting purged of late.

This guy had a lot of videos about the great recent / covid skepticism and 100s of thousands of subscribers. Purged.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/kl2oj4kEFc7d/
    Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:58:34 AM EDT
    [#4]
    Add the post about United Airlines kicking passengers off for singing the national anthem. Don't have a link right now.
    Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:02:55 AM EDT
    [#5]
    TAG and solid work OP, thank you.
    Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:24:19 AM EDT
    [#7]
    Quoted:

I wonder how many bots are on there and how many were before the election.  

The right needs propaganda bots
    View Quote
    Before the election, and before I got booted, I looked at a lot of the profiles of the opposition. It was amazing how many of them had 40 or so followers. And not just a few, almost all of them. Lots of troll accounts.
    Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:12:01 PM EDT
    [#9]
    APIII has been removed from MEWE
    Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:36:28 PM EDT
    [#10]
    Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:55:17 PM EDT
    [#11]
    Quoted:
    You should include a list of teachers and academics who have lost their positions this week based on their political stance
    View Quote

I'd like to - but I want links, man, links!
    Post 'em here.

Quoted:
    I just tried to upgrade my membership to Bronze. It turned down a valid Visa card and a valid MC. So this site may be on the list.
    View Quote

Possibly related to the domain issues?

Caught up up to here so far, continuing.
    Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:06:43 PM EDT
    [#12]
    Quoted:
    Add the post about United Airlines kicking passengers off for singing the national anthem. Don't have a link right now.
    View Quote

I saw the posts in passing, but didn't look too closely. Not adding until a link, so I'll see if I can find one and substantiate it.
    There was also the Delta thing (allegation: kicked off for a private pro-Trump conversation), which didn't have anything substantial from what little was available at the time.
    And I thought I saw something about American, too.

Up to date with the whole thread now.

I may have some more to add from tabs I've kept open over the last 24hr, so may have another update in a few minutes.
    Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:36:15 PM EDT
    [#13]
    Thanks for the help folks. Make sure to take screenshots of tweets and news headlines and such, things are disappearing like Stalin never went out of style.

Added Trump's impeachment, the airline thing (with a caveat), and everything you guys mentioned, plus a few more.
    Removed the bit about not hearing from Trump, since he released a new video.
    I need some kind of version control.

I may make a few mistakes on which day an article gets listed, but it should still be close.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:48:34 PM EDT
    [#14]
    Apparently eBay has banned anything that says “three percent”
    When I went in there to see if a three percent patch could be bought the few that show up show “you missed this item” when you try to click on it

Edit
    Amazon also
    Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:06:03 PM EDT
    [#15]
    Quoted:
    Apparently eBay has banned anything that says “three percent”
    When I went in there to see if a three percent patch could be bought the few that show up show “you missed this item” when you try to click on it

Edit
    Amazon also
    View Quote

Confirmed for Ebay, not for Amazon. Amazon appears to be restricted "three percent" as a search item, but "three percent flag" and other items can be found and, at least, added to cart.

In other news, "Joint Chiefs remind military of duty to support and defend Constitution" without a shred of irony.

Also: Nearly half of Americans think some GOP lawmakers encouraged violence which sounds less impressive than the author intended when more than that voted for Trump even ignoring the fraud.
    Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:32:09 PM EDT
    [#16]
    Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:43:37 AM EDT
    [#17]
    Bump
    Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:43:44 PM EDT
    [#18]
    Gadsden and  Culpeper took down their selection of 3% patches and flags
    Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:40:59 PM EDT
    [#19]
    All caught up on thread.
    Thursday:
    Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:45:50 PM EDT
    [#20]
    Quoted:
    All caught up on thread.
    Thursday:
    View Quote

Of todays developments, the cancellation of insurance seems most concerning.  If a big name is cancelled for that and it stands, no one would even notice if a no one like me had theirs cancelled, simply because of social media comments or maybe a flag in the background of a photograph i send my ins. agent.  If your beliefs make it impossible for you to insure your belongings/self, thats scary stuff.
    Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:47:19 PM EDT
    [#21]
    Quoted:

Of todays developments, the cancellation of insurance seems most concerning.  If a big name is cancelled for that and it stands, no one would even notice if a no one like me had theirs cancelled, simply because of social media comments or maybe a flag in the background of a photograph i send my ins. agent.  If your beliefs make it impossible for you to insure your belongings/self, thats scary stuff.
    View Quote

Or your vehicle - which is often required to be legal to drive on the roads.
    Public mandates for private services can lead to some very nasty corner cases when all the private services are allied politically.

Trump and his company losing further lending from Deutsche bank, and having private accounts closed by the other bank is also extremely concerning.
    Imagine trying to compete economically without being able to get a car loan, student loans, or a mortgage, or not being able to take direct deposit, cut checks, or pay with a card.

Our whole system relies upon these private services, and even though most are technically optional, it is a severe handicap financially to be cut off from them, and especially to be cut off from all of them.
    The whole concept of "just start your own x" is based on having access to large quantities of capital or credit, and that's before dealing with the regulatory burdens and the fact that Google, Facebook, Apple, and Amazon control the vast majority of all ads, nevermind the most common communications channels. So how will people hear of your business? How will you fund it? How will you hire people? Especially how will you hire people when to be hired is to be unpersoned from all of the above?

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:41:30 PM EDT
    [#22]
    Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:43:38 PM EDT
    [#23]

@CavScout: Much appreciated!
    Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:47:30 PM EDT
    [#24]
    Divide and conquer | Grant Stinchfield
    Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:26:12 AM EDT
    [#26]
    Their endgame - ALL conservatives purged from the internet.
    Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:47:17 PM EDT
    [#27]
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ariel-pink-goes-tucker-carlson-063312773.html
    I have no idea who he is, but recording artist dropped by label for pro Trump stance.
    Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:35:21 PM EDT
    [#29]
    Keybase is removing deference dispensed, Arfcom, and Are We Cool Yet, for promoting firearms and 3d printing of firearms
    Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:11:26 PM EDT
    [#30]
    Quoted:
    All of this leftist garbage is so widespread that it's In big tech and everywhere.  I work for a CA. based software company.  Leftist violence?  Crickets.  March at DC?   Well, we get a long email from the CEO about it.  It's disgusting and I can't wait to get away from them.  Pride celebrations, a summit about transgender, do you want to know about Ramadan???  All the while, let's make a huge profit in the market.

it's scary man
    View Quote

Pride??, Transgender, Islam (Iran)
    Those 3 topics used to ID conservatives and shutter their free speech especially in the workplace.
    Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:15:00 PM EDT
    [#31]
    Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:25:28 PM EDT
    [#32]
    Try posting something on Facebook or Instagram, YouTube, etc. with the name "Eric Ciaramella".

They have banned the mention of a name!
    Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:28:23 PM EDT
    [#33]
    It really is ridiculous now. I was seeing red flags back when Alex Jones was banned from Facebook and yet many people, including some conservatives, either could not have cared less or said it was good because he is a whacko...him being far out there never was the point, it was the fact that a person was being censored for his viewpoints was the issue. And he leans to the right so that was a dry for the left to see if they could get away with it and they did.

Fast forward today and yep, no kidding, they didn't stop at Alex Jones. They want to control everything that we see and hear and that means only left leaning ideals are ultimately ok. Even this website had a issue with this a few days ago and had to go to a backup for awhile.
    Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:39:36 PM EDT
    [#34]
    Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:22:26 PM EDT
    [#35]
    Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:14:29 AM EDT
    [#36]
    Quoted:

What you are describing is Parler. They went and had it removed from app stores and now its down entirely. The purge is real. There is only one way left to stop this.
    View Quote

Yes - Our collective AR-15s
    Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:27:09 AM EDT
    [#37]
    I foresee Tor use increasing
    Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:03:05 PM EDT
    [#38]
    Quoted:
    I foresee Tor use increasing
    View Quote

Tor started having major issues right at the beginning of the recent purge, and from what I read it appeared to be someone messing with the infrastructure rather than excess demand.

The other problem is that a massive number of Tor entry/exit relays are compromised, so if you use Tor you better be using .onion addresses.

Hopefully a better distributed solution comes soon.
    Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:11:26 PM EDT
    [#39]
    There's only one way to stop this.

personal consequences. Start with financial, and intensify from there.

But nothing will happen.
    Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:25:12 PM EDT
    [#40]
    Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:34:05 PM EDT
    [#41]
    Thanks for the compilation, OP.
    Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:38:03 PM EDT
    [#42]
    Quoted:
    There's only one way to stop this.

personal consequences. Start with financial, and intensify from there.

But nothing will happen.
    View Quote
    That's a pretty nice Ruby you have there. Be a shame if something happened to it.
    Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:27:44 PM EDT
    [#43]
    If they are already treating conservatives this bad before Biden is even in office, just imagine after he takes office.
    Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:33:58 PM EDT
    [#44]
    The BLM protesters at the Ohio Capitol right now have a slogan "stop giving racists platform" and everyone that is a Republican or supports Trump is considered a racist by them.
    Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:41:28 PM EDT
    [#45]
    Quoted:
    The BLM protesters at the Ohio Capitol right now have a slogan "stop giving racists platform" and everyone that is a Republican or supports Trump is considered a racist by them.
    View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:51:18 PM EDT
    [#46]
    Very nice . Thanks op
    Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:41:19 PM EDT
    [#47]
    Certainly conservatives must not want to support technology oligarchs by participating (giving their eyes and clicks) to companies actively persecuting citizens for conservative, Americans-first political views, for questioning the process of election by 'Popular vote' where 'popular vote' --  means totally different things to different states in the Union.

As long as pro-conservative companies and business are shielded from economic, business and political persecution - the purge of conservatives from the far left platforms, may be a good thing.
    Seen Gab, CitizenFreePress, revolver.news gaining readership -- is a good thing.

I think we should just stop insisting that far left -- would treat us fairly.  They never ever will.  So let's not waste our focus and time on that.

They are not afraid of us, they will bully our representatives, they will bully law enforcement, they will bully judicial to mistreat us, every day of the week.
    They think we are gullible, that our representatives are politically impotent, and that our causes are reprehensible.
    When needed they will lie, they will manufacture fake evidence, when needed they will intimidate, when needed they will suffocate our donor's businesses,
    our news sources and communication channels.

So there is nothing that they will stop at.

We must look at ourselves and improve, though.

I would like to see, is more deliberate and careful when engaging with any new online platform/market place/currency mining shit.
    Just check the founders, check their filing, investors, etc.

For example just recently on this site, I saw bunch of members of this board,  trying to get on to 'pi crypto' invite codes, etc.

But take a look at pi-crypto leadership team, and their credentials and twitter posts:

Head of Community
    "....Yale and Stanford-trained social movement builder on a mission to democratize how society defines, creates, and distributes wealth. Read more ..."

#Trump will win this election unless #Millennials get off their asses and do their part. The time for action is NOW.
    View Quote

(march 2020)

As tough as these times are for everyone, I’d remind us to never let a good crisis go to waste.
    View Quote

Look how many long-term members posted on that thread -- 4 pages!

• We keep making same mistakes, are we, really, that gullible ? Where is our natural skepticism and suspicion when it comes to 'shiny new platforms' ?

• When this adult naivety will stop?

• When will we stop falling for fake flags and deliberate sabotage?

I also think we should stop enumerating in how many ways they hate us and in how many ways they will destroy us.
    (this is also why stopped reading breitbart, re-iterating far left vomit -- is just not instructive any more).

Instead, we should figure out how to win legislative battles, through the means we have today.
    Figure how to find good leadership that represent us, how to help existing leaders that represent us, how to find honest investigative reporters that we can rely on to tell us what's going on (in the far left camps as well as in our own circles)
    Figure out how to make the far left oligarchs less powerful, less influential on our daily lives.

We know who we do not want, we know what we do not want.
    We must know, however, what we want -- and we need to devise multiple asymmetrical strategies of how to get there.

We have to change how we behave -- to change how our leaders behave.
    Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:19:59 PM EDT
    [#48]
    Spawn_lee:
    Try posting something on Facebook or Instagram, YouTube, etc. with the name "Eric Ciaramella".

View Quote View All Quotes
    View All Quotes
    Spawn_lee:

Seek2:
    Tor started having major issues right at the beginning of the recent purge, and from what I read it appeared to be someone messing with the infrastructure rather than excess demand.

I want both of these on the list.
    Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:29:45 PM EDT
    [#49]
    Quoted:
    Certainly conservatives must not want to support technology oligarchs by participating (giving their eyes and clicks) to companies actively persecuting political differences.

As long as pro-conservative companies and business are shielded from economic, business and political persecution - the purge of conservatives from the far left platforms, may be a good thing.
    Seen Gab, CitizenFreePress, revolver.news gaining readership -- is a good thing.

I think we should just stop insisting that far left -- would treat us fairly.  They never ever will.  So let's not waste our focus and time on that.

They are not afraid of us, they will bully our representatives, they will bully law enforcement, they will bully judicial to mistreat us, every day of the week.
    They think we are gullible, that our representatives are politically impotent, and that our causes are reprehensible.
    When needed they will lie, they will manufacture fake evidence, when needed they will intimidate, when needed they will suffocate our donor's businesses,
    our news sources and communication channels.

So there is nothing that they will stop at.

We must look at ourselves and improve, though.

I would like to see, is more deliberate and careful when engaging with any new online platform/market place/currency mining shit.
    Just check the founders, check their filing, investors, etc.

For example just recently on this site, I saw bunch of members of this board,  trying to get on to 'pi crypto' invite codes, etc.

But take a look at pi-crypto leadership team, and their credentials and twitter posts:

Head of Community
    "....Yale and Stanford-trained social movement builder on a mission to democratize how society defines, creates, and distributes wealth. Read more ..."

(march 2020)

Look how many long-term members posted on that thread -- 4 pages!

• We keep making same mistakes, are we, really, that gullible ? Where is our natural skepticism and suspicion when it comes to 'shiny new platforms' ?

• When this adult naivety will stop?

• When will we stop falling for fake flags and deliberate sabotage?

I also think we should stop enumerating in how many ways they hate us and in how many ways they will destroy us.
    (this is also why stopped reading breitbart, re-iterating far left vomit -- is just not instructive any more).

Instead, we should figure out how to win legislative battles, through the means we have today.
    Figure how to find good leadership that represent us, how to help existing leaders that represent us, how to find honest investigative reporters that we can rely on to tell us what's going on (in the far left camps as well as in our own circles)
    Figure out how to make the far left oligarchs less powerful, less influential on our daily lives.

We know who we do not want, we know what we do not want.
    We must know, however, what we want -- and we need to devise multiple asymmetrical strategies of how to get there.

We have to change how we behave -- to change how our leaders behave.
    View Quote

A lot to respond to. I agree, there's a lot to work on, and I got the heebie jeebies from Pi Crypto from the little I read.

I'm short on time, but I'd like to argue that there's value in pointing out just how much of a change all of these cancellations are - to reiterate to family and friends at least that this is unacceptable.
    You and I and the people in this thread know that this deplatforming isn't truly new, just the same story of the last few years told a little louder.
    But most of the people I know in real life have no idea. Some didn't even realize Trump was banned, nevermind less famous people.
    A single repository with links has value in showing what happened, which is why I'm still updating it, and this certainly isn't complete.
    Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:31:16 PM EDT
    [#50]
    Should be all caught up for things I have links for.

Week Two of the "new new normal":

Plus some related news that isn't precisely deplatforming but of general interest at the bottom of the OP.
    Page / 5
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top