Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 4:57:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
From what I can tell neither Minneapolis or St. Paul have an MLK Blvd.

GunLvr

Last Year, St. Paul, MN in all it's infinate wisdom named a street after MLK.

Here's the genious of it:

They renamed it Dr. Rev. Martain Luther King Jr. Blvd. <-- that is actually printed on each sign

The Street use to be Constitution Ave.

It runs right in front of the capital.

I bet the person printing up the new signs was so confused.....so long, replacing a very appropriate name.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:04:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is MLK in Atlanta!  ARFCOM Safety Announcement, if you plan on going West on MLK, pack heat as the surroundings rapidly deteriorate!!!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:05:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted:
I avoid MLK in Milwaukee.

Hate to douse the flames on this cross-burning party, but the MLK area in Milwaukee has undergone some rather interesting economic changes in the past few years.  

If high-end condos, sports bars, and fancy ethnic restaurants scare you as much as they scare me, by all means stay away!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:12:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Originally Posted:

Hate to douse the flames on this cross-burning party, but the MLK area in Milwaukee has undergone some rather interesting economic changes in the past few years.  

If high-end condos, sports bars, and fancy ethnic restaurants scare you as much as they scare me, by all means stay away!

Hate to think of this as a cross burning party, we are only relating what we have witnessed.
Most urban areas are getting some type of renewals due to low taxes and commuting getting to be a pain in the ass.
Willing to bet your high-end condos have some high-ass fences around them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
MLK in Dallas is a world-class dump but what's truly frightening is the intersection of MLK and Malcom X Blvd in East Dallas.  Malcom X Blvd was tough enough when it was Oakland Street.  Now it's got lush downtown Beruit beat.  

imgs.maps.yahoo.com/mapimage?MAPDATA=LTbTpud6wXWtuDhcMvhQ9iul_7gQSR20PIs6gDZ4hJJcLyk2QBfuzf5hMi9bq0wonrZcax19gaAu0C9nNY8gq4KA8pQ41G3x40EOIWcKeYVntJRU.t2hNjFEqpHZjaXGnipQo9Bv07w5escpIWaewel3Jn8sbry7lkxrvnPNxPAEpgJw

Dallas sux.

True enough. My business is located right by Expo/Fair Park. Suffice it to say, I keep a safe full of goodies in my office.

Went there with my family, its right outside the cottonbowl.
Oh, yeah.  My pistol was out of the holster, in my lap and since I drive an auto, one hand holding it.
Nice area.

Smart man. That's the way I drive as well. Also forgot to mention, CCW at all times, whether I'm sitting at my desk, taking a dump, whatever around the office. Safe only comes open when two or more shitheads are caught on camera snooping around.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
MLK in Berkeley is a dump. Then again, the WHOLE city is a dump

IBTL

Yes, it is. Yes, it is.
Down in E. San Jose, there is a "King Rd", that runs through a mostly Hispanic area. When the city of San Jose wanted to change the street name to MLK, the Hispanics protested.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From what I can tell neither Minneapolis or St. Paul have an MLK Blvd.

GunLvr

Last Year, St. Paul, MN in all it's infinate wisdom named a street after MLK.

Here's the genious of it:

They renamed it Dr. Rev. Martain Luther King Jr. Blvd. <-- that is actually printed on each sign

The Street use to be Constitution Ave.

It runs right in front of the capital.

Boo!  Minnesota is really going down-hill (apart from Concealed Carry).

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#8]
In keeping with tradition, it is in the worse part of downtown Raleigh NC. My buddie was sitting at a red light there in his pick-up talking on his cell phone, when a black guy with a knife flung his door open and tried to mug him (apparently). He immediatly threw his phone and hit the guy in the bridge of the nose with it, and then got out and kicked him for awhile.
If cross burning is telling the truth, even if it hurts, then IBTL.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
MLK in Dallas is a world-class dump but what's truly frightening is the intersection of MLK and Malcom X Blvd in East Dallas.  Malcom X Blvd was tough enough when it was Oakland Street.  Now it's got lush downtown Beruit beat.  

imgs.maps.yahoo.com/mapimage?MAPDATA=LTbTpud6wXWtuDhcMvhQ9iul_7gQSR20PIs6gDZ4hJJcLyk2QBfuzf5hMi9bq0wonrZcax19gaAu0C9nNY8gq4KA8pQ41G3x40EOIWcKeYVntJRU.t2hNjFEqpHZjaXGnipQo9Bv07w5escpIWaewel3Jn8sbry7lkxrvnPNxPAEpgJw

Dallas sux.

True enough. My business is located right by Expo/Fair Park. Suffice it to say, I keep a safe full of goodies in my office.

No kidding. My Dad's shop is located right next to Fairpark. He is referred to as the heavily armed, crazy white man. Been there 20 years with no major problems
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Don't know about any studies, but every town/ city that I've ever been in the houses around MLK Blvd. were dumps.  Not sure why, but I can guess

Jamie

Ditto.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I work a few blocks away from MLK in St. Louis, Mo. Yes, it is a very nasty and dangerous place to be. But then again pretty much all of north StL is that way.
BTW, My favorite StL street name is James "Cool Papa" Bell, a famous black baseball player.... and of course it is in another crappy neighborhood.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#12]
In Chicago MLK runs into 31st Street which has also been named Sammy Davis Jr. Blvd.

My wife called me and asked where I was?

At that exact moment there I was

MLK and Sammy Davis

She says "be careful"

I said I will be when I get to Gary, Indiana

anyway made it home safely

without my CCW in Chicago

One day maybe not POOF! I'm Gone...
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Originally Posted:

yeah the parts downtown are ok

I was up here on a saturday night and it didn't seem that nice to me:

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
MLK in Indianapolis always was a shithole even before it was renamed MLK.  Is there a pattern emerging here?  Hmmmm...

So true!  Terre Haute chapter of the NAACP wants to rename 13th st. MLK,  so far no go, but ya never know.  It may actually increase value of property on that street.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:02:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:07:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been to Buckwheat Blvd in Cincy,Baltimore,Indy & Louisville and they all suck shit. Places where carpet bombing gives new meaning to the term Neighborhood beautification.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Also, how FUCKED up is this:

In Fort Myers Florida, MLK blvd is interesected by a road named "Coon Road"

NO joke, I've seen it myself.

I about fliped my Wig when I moved to Kodiak Alaska . The local Ball feild is named Coon Field . Try that shit down south and see what happens.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:26:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Also, how FUCKED up is this:

In Fort Myers Florida, MLK blvd is interesected by a road named "Coon Road"

NO joke, I've seen it myself.

I about fliped my Wig when I moved to Kodiak Alaska . The local Ball feild is named Coon Field . Try that shit down south and see what happens.

Probaly get a riot.

We got a road named after James Brown here.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top