BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh they'll vote for Republicans again. Maybe 3% don't, but the rest will. People are too stupid to actually try for something different what they are currently doing is getting butt fucked daily. Note I didn't say VOTE for something different... That's a perfect example of doing that same thing over and over and expecting different results.
View Quote

If 3% sat out, the absolute best showing many republicans could muster would be +0.5%.

The party would collapse as a viable entity with a 3% loss in participation.

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

They won't blow you, but they will show up and vote which is why they'll win elections.

If your take away is that you need to vote less and be less involved in supporting worthwhile candidates, then you're a special kind of stupid. Democrats have managed to re-shape their party in within the span of a decade by primary challenges and groundroots campaign work. Meanwhile, conservatives get one bad outcome and stay home forever like petulant children.

I'm positive neither one of you has volunteered as a campaign worker, election volunteer, or run for office, and yet you're self-amputating your right and ability to vote? Pathetic.
View Quote

They didn't get "one bad outcome". They have lost every major legislative and cultural battle for the last 25 years.

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
There used to be a major political party back in the 1800's called the Whigs.
They're long gone, just like the Republican Party will be.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Here's the thing though:

Republicans in Congress identify more with the Democrats in Congress than they identify with you or me.

Their priority of loyalty is to Party first, then to their house of Congress, then Congress as a whole, then the Federal government, then waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over there is We The People and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over there beyond that is the Constitution.
View Quote

Agreed.  That was easy to overlook when day-to-day stuff just kinda went along as normal.  No major policy changes, no nonsensical BLM support, no demanding of "change" in America.  When the government just ran the system (took tax, made roads, defended the homeland, etc.), that was all easy to overlook.

That's over now.  If politicians can't leave shit alone and want to fundamentally change this country based on fabricated "truths" like that Trump supporters are nazis or that Trayvon Martin wasn't beating the shit out of Zimmerman, that's where it's not easy to overlook it anymore.

All those politicians -- the ones who claim to really represent us (Cruz, Graham, Rubio/Scott/Desantis -- I'm from FL --, Pence, etc.) who all cowered yesterday and dismissed our outrage and righteous anger have burned the party to the ground with those statements.  I expect moderates to fail us; I don't expect those who we hold up as our standard-bearers to waive the white flag like that.  I expect them to be on those steps with us with a megaphone, tearing the system a new one.  Each and every one of them failed.

I'm done with them all.  They can all fuck off.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes yes they are
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Those disengaging from the political process are abandoning the battlefield.

The reason the left is winning is because they don't give up after a loss.  But apparently a lot of people on arfcom do.
View Quote

The reason the left is winning is because they ALL march to the same drum. The voters on the right keep pushing a party that simply won't respond.

We gave them the tea party, the house, the senate, the oval office, and... nothing.

...and when we tried to give them the message, they threw us under the bus.

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh, please...

The deck is stacked, the game is rigged, and your beloved Republican Party is the other side of the same corrupt, cynical, statist coin. They sold out their grassroots supporters yesterday, and in doing so, consigned themselves to the dustbin of history.
View Quote

IHJ is nailing shit down today!

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They didn't get "one bad outcome". They have lost every major legislative and cultural battle for the last 25 years.

View Quote
On the other hand, looking at what they are today, maybe they don't think they "lost".
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So who else feels the Republican Party is dead after this election. I have never seen so many spineless fucks that won’t back each other. 74+ million probably ain’t gonna vote for these clowns anymore when they can’t even fight for their President who helped this party. Your thoughts
View Quote

It has been a rotting corpse for a very long time. Trump 2016 was the 3rd party that managed to get the disenfranchised voters out to vote.
Will agree with you, that on Jan. 6th the mask (of deception) came off for all to see.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Because of our Constitution, we’re essentially a two-party system in practical terms.  Both of the parties are realigning their bases, the Dems have chosen neo-feudalism as their new path to power.  Like a lot of change, there are opportunities there.  The GOP is likely to fracture first, that might be good or bad.  But it is coming for the Dems also.

The new alignments will be with our tech overlords or agin them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter to me, I'm never voting again.
View Quote
You must love democracy. If you aren't a fan of voting there are lots of dictatorships out looking for ya. Communism might take you too. 1 election where you don't get your choice, and "I'm never voting again." Trump really did a number on this country. In America, if you don't like who got voted in, guess what? You get to do's it again in four years. Life isn't over.  But believe me, there are many out there that are excited to hear about how many people "will never vote again." And that is just as sad as not voting.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You must love democracy. If you aren't a fan of voting there are lots of dictatorships out looking for ya. Communism might take you too. 1 election where you don't get your choice, and "I'm never voting again." Trump really did a number on this country. In America, if you don't like who got voted in, guess what? You get to do's it again in four years. Life isn't over.  But believe me, there are many out there that are excited to hear about how many people "will never vote again." And that is just as sad as not voting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't matter to me, I'm never voting again.
Cute that you think it has been 1 election.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What is the Republican Party then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump was never one of them.

What is the Republican Party then?

Managed by establishment assholes. Ryan should have been the big tell.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok Jeb.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Because of our Constitution, we’re essentially a two-party system in practical terms.  Both of the parties are realigning their bases, the Dems have chosen neo-feudalism as their new path to power.  Like a lot of change, their are opportunities there.  The GOP is likely to fracture first, that might be good or bad.  But it is coming for the Dems also.

The new alignments will be with our tech overlords or agin them.
View Quote

We are essentially a two party system despite the Constitution and the founders. No one dared form a political party while Washington was alive. Well into the 1830s, four candidates got Electoral College votes for President. We have essentially two parties because of the split in the country in the 1850s led to one party rule in each state. After Redestruction ended in 1876, politics consisted of what used to be the one party being in power, or the other party being in power. And in most states, that system is locked in place by election laws requiring a party get x% of votes to have a place on the ballot, and the amount of cash going into elections is a high barrier to effective competition. Anybody remember Perot and the Reform Party? That is why Trump ran as a Republican.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#17]
So the current composition of the RP is a fully failed and defeated “corporation”.  It has only 2 options at this point:

1) Declare a “Chp 7 bankruptcy “ and sell its remnants to the Democrat corporation (basically, done already)  
2) Or declare “chap 13 bankruptcy” and reform under new leadership (ie, Patriot party leadership)

But, for sure, the RP’s customer base is sourcing other options to meet its needs.

JMHO, of course.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We are essentially a two party system despite the Constitution and the founders. No one dared form a political party while Washington was alive. Well into the 1830s, four candidates got Electoral College votes for President. We have essentially two parties because of the split in the country in the 1850s led to one party rule in each state. After Redestruction ended in 1876, politics consisted of what used to be the one party being in power, or the other party being in power. And in most states, that system is locked in place by election laws requiring a party get x% of votes to have a place on the ballot, and the amount of cash going into elections is a high barrier to effective competition. Anybody remember Perot and the Reform Party? That is why Trump ran as a Republican.
View Quote

Mathematically, we’re a two party system because of the way our government is structured in the Constitution.  I don’t have any special insight into the thoughts of our founders beyond what is already well-documented.  They were trying to restrain the effects of demagoguery in a democracy and well aware of the failures of the Roman republic.  They created a system of self-government that almost outlasted the Roman republic era.  But third parties are dead-ends.  You need the cultural change to explode a major party.  That’s what we are seeing in both parties now.  All of us here, have failed at creating that cultural change in our communities.  If we hadn’t failed, we would not be having this conversation.

Act local, think global.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Agreed.  That was easy to overlook when day-to-day stuff just kinda went along as normal.  No major policy changes, no nonsensical BLM support, no demanding of "change" in America.  When the government just ran the system (took tax, made roads, defended the homeland, etc.), that was all easy to overlook.

That's over now.  If politicians can't leave shit alone and want to fundamentally change this country based on fabricated "truths" like that Trump supporters are nazis or that Trayvon Martin wasn't beating the shit out of Zimmerman, that's where it's not easy to overlook it anymore.

All those politicians -- the ones who claim to really represent us (Cruz, Graham, Rubio/Scott/Desantis -- I'm from FL --, Pence, etc.) who all cowered yesterday and dismissed our outrage and righteous anger have burned the party to the ground with those statements.  I expect moderates to fail us; I don't expect those who we hold up as our standard-bearers to waive the white flag like that.  I expect them to be on those steps with us with a megaphone, tearing the system a new one.  Each and every one of them failed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the thing though:

Republicans in Congress identify more with the Democrats in Congress than they identify with you or me.

Their priority of loyalty is to Party first, then to their house of Congress, then Congress as a whole, then the Federal government, then waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over there is We The People and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over there beyond that is the Constitution.

I agree w this except for “their priority being to party”. Their priority is to themselves. They don’t give a shit about anything else
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#20]
An important aspect of our political system is perception.  If people perceive the system to be fair, they accept it whether it is fair or not.  If they don’t perceive it to be fair, well that historically leads to dark places.  Good or bad, our leadership lacks this basic understanding of perception, and we’re going to reap the whirlwind.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Staying Repub for my locale and State. I no longer care or focus on national shit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Think Perot would have won if he hadn't dropped out?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He racked up 15% and that is substantial. All because GHWB said FU to the Reagan Republicans and lied his ass off. Since when has another 3rd party candidate gotten as many?

FGHWB.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Trump got a lot of people excited about draining the swamp.  After loosing to Biden the republicans went back to the swamp way of doing things.  I changed my party affiliation from Republican to NPA - no party affiliation.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#25]
And fuck Reek Romney.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Trump delivered more voters than any GOP candidate ever.  And then also committed the huge sin of not paying billions to political consultants for failed ideas.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I swear, some of you people just giving up on politics after a loss would have given up after the first shot fired at Lexington Green in 1775.

HARDEN

THE

FUCK

UP.

The Dems claim 2000, 2004 and 2016 were 'stolen' from them. Did they ever give up? No. So any of you quitters have less spine then your average democrat, which is pathetic considering how much shit we talk about them here.

Now is not the time to cry and retreat.
View Quote

I didn't leave the Republican party, they left me. They're nothing but a bunch of spineless windbags who pretend be hard chargers when not in power and are fucking cowards when they are in power.

I hope the Republican party fractures and becomes a footnote in American history. To those that support them, when will you tire of being Charlie Brown?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#28]
People are tired of giving the Rs a win and then getting absolutely nothing for it because they are all working with the UniParty. Different brand but same crappy results.

It amazes me the same fuds who will cut off their Amazon accounts “for mah principlez” simply cannot grasp it’s the same damn thing. No ones buying a Romney or a McConnell anymore.

People are tired of watching someone they put in office because that was “the only guy we have bro” screw them yet again. Yes they know they are getting hosed by the Dems but they expected it.

So do all the name calling, join the conservative apology tour and forecast doom but the voters are done with this clown show.

GOP = Extinct
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I switched my registration to independent a week ago.

Fuck em
View Quote
I did the same. I'm hoping the GOP might see the numbers and get a clue.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
"Election"

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I did the same. I'm hoping the GOP might see the numbers and get a clue.
View Quote

I'm a life-long repub voter. But fuck them. They're not gonna "get a clue" because they've been bought and sold by the globalists, like the rest of the oligarchy in washington. They call all suck my ball sack. Very few of them had the stones to say a word about the theft of our liberty. They're dead to me. To hell with this " we'll get 'em next time" garbage.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#32]
The two party system, just like our “freedom,” is a wonderful illusion.

It has worked very, very well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:05:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Great quote from Zerohedge:

"The republican establishment thinks it has won a victory over the forces of populism and reform, but its tactics have destroyed any legitimacy in the eyes of its constituents.  It has shown itself as disinclined and incapable of implementing the wishes of its voters, and no longer functions even as a symbolic opposition party.  

Offered a reasonable third-party option, I think most republican voters will jump ship.

Perhaps the incumbents can rely on propaganda and election fraud to remain in office for a time, but I don't think they can foresee the full consequences of a mass exodus from the party."    

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There used to be a major political party back in the 1800's called the Whigs.
They're long gone, just like the Republican Party will be.
View Quote

The Republican party that replaced the Whigs is long gone too.

From Lincoln to WWI the Republican party considered wage labor just a temporary form of slavery, now they've got corporate sponsorship.

The real GOP died with Teddy Roosevelt. (which was actually very similar to what's happening now)
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#35]
The optimistic part of me sees the GOP falling apart, the Democrat running the economy into the ground and the misery rekindling the effort needed to maintain an accountable and small government.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:37:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
With Perot and the Tea Party, the best thing they did is force the GOP to change their focus to the issues that were important to their constituents.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:40:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The two party system, just like our “freedom,” is a wonderful illusion.

It has worked very, very well.
View Quote

Well, it's what a first-past-the-post system creates.

Individual responsibility and corporate conspiracy are both downstream of structural incentives.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top