User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@cosmo05
I wear earplugs and electric muffs on max volume. Makes hearing conversation way easier.  Try it an then tell me I’m crazy.  
View Quote

Decibels are not reduced that greatly by two layers.  Wear one good set, it is how it works.  Not sure what noise canceling muffs provide but actual protection is not increased that much by two layers.  

Here be some facts.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If dr fauxi told these ppl that eating actual shit will prevent the spread, dog shit would starting going for 10 bucks a pound on nextdoor.com.
View Quote

I was wondering why puppy prices were so high.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I haven't seen anyone say anything to people not wearing masks.
View Quote

A couple in their 70's got into a tire iron fight with a woman in her 60's in the Safeway parking lot in our sleepy ski resort town when the couple gave the woman a ration of shit for not wearing a mask. The woman then called the couple pussies and fake coughed on them.

70 YO dude then smashed out woman's back window with a tire iron.

https://www.krtv.com/news/montana-and-regional-news/2-people-charged-after-altercation-over-face-mask-wearing-at-whitefish-grocery-store

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
My mask is mesh.

I suppose I could wear 2 mesh masks.  Wouldn't change much.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw this today and was like .
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Decibels are not reduced that greatly by two layers.  Wear one good set, it is how it works.  Not sure what noise canceling muffs provide but actual protection is not increased that much by two layers.  

Here be some facts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@cosmo05
I wear earplugs and electric muffs on max volume. Makes hearing conversation way easier.  Try it an then tell me I’m crazy.  

Here be some facts.

Combine 30db plugs with 22db electronic muffs, and have the muffs on nearly full blast so you can still hear critical sounds.

If you had bothered to read your link, it tells you:
Wondering how the efficiency of double protection translates to higher decibel levels? All it takes is a simple calculation to determine the level your double hearing protection is providing: Add 5 dBA to the highest noise reduction rating of the higher-rated hearing device. For example, if you’re using an earplug with a 30 NRR and an earmuff with a 26 NRR, you would add 5 dB to the 30 NRR for the earplug. Your protection level would then increase to 35 dB, assuming the earplug is worn properly. This simplified method of calculating double protection dBA is based on OSHA recommendations.

One downside to wearing double protection is that it may put the worker in harm’s way should he or she be unable to hear warning sounds in the surrounding area. For this reason, double hearing protection should be carefully considered for certain worksites.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm.....

Timely bump
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hmm.....

Timely bump
View Quote

Ahead of your time, renaissance man.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The beard. PPE pro there.
View Quote

Looks like a 1970's JCPenney underwear ad
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#10]

You know this is Fauci's ultimate plan for us.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:27:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Just thinking about this thread and they really are pushing it.  Crazy
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:39:20 AM EDT
[#13]

That's pathetic.

4 masks is where it's at.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:49:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's pathetic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's pathetic.

Plastic bag with a rubber band securing it around the neck would offer the ultimate in China virus protection.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:00:04 AM EDT
[#15]
So, basically we are here:  Vaccines are good, but you still have to wear a mask, because to spread out the vaccines you are only getting the first shot now, giving you 75% protection.  So, the vaccine really isn't effective but neither is wearing a mask.  Instead, so you need to wear two masks.

I am guessing that the stores have seen "peak mask sales" and are looking for ways to get their customers to keep buying them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:14:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There are a couple of reasons to wear double masks.  1) Wearing a surgical mask over an N95 will help you to reuse the N95, which are still hard to come by. 2) Like president harris in that pic, she is hiding the fact that she has an N95 that the peasants can't have.  3) Being at high risk for rona complications, I wear an N95 with vent.  My doctors office requires a no vent mask so I put a surgical mask over my N95.  4)  A friend of mine wears a fashion mask over a filter mask.  That's a little weak but whatever.
View Quote

There is a better reason,  that's to say, fuck you I'm not wearing a face diaper so stop the bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:18:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Plastic bag with a rubber band securing it around the neck would offer the ultimate in China virus protection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pathetic.

I'm staying in TN for the week and compared to VA, it's marvelous. The same kind of rules, except nobody really gives a shit.

I really hope we as a nation go to a double mask mandate. I want to see how that plays out. I think I know, but I need to know.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:38:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm not wearing 2 masks. They can fuck right off with that bullshit. I have to wear one for work (not that I wear it properly); and that's bad enough. If they tell us we have to wear 2, I'll just tell them I have 2 sewn together and it's impossible to tell that it's 2, but they're there.

Two masks. Pfft. Only a fucking retard would wear 2 masks. We need more people to say, "Fuck your mask bullshit!" and absolutely refuse to wear one. If enough people did it, then ANY mask mandate/rule/law would be unenforceable and ineffective.

I've actually thought of trying to get enough people at work to refuse to wear them. Sure, they can suspend us or even fire us. But if enough people aren't there, who's going to do the work? And I work in customer service. Pissing off the customers with horrible service isn't the way to keep your business.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:44:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Why don’t you just make 10 louder?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:46:38 AM EDT
[#20]
fuck that noise. lefties can wear quadruple masks and asphixiate.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:11:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm already up to nine masks.  Where have y'all been?
View Quote

This. It looks as if this is going to be like the razor blade wars.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:33:19 AM EDT
[#22]
If masks are here to stay, might as well go full Imperial...

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:12:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Three masks huh?

It was sort of inevitable.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:28:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey idiots, take off that stupid mask!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#26]
God almighty, fuck that noise. The mandate around here is bullshit, and i will do it only when i am getting kicked out of the store otherwise (sadly, gotta actually buy food); hell, there are a couple of awesome trampoline parks that my daughter loves, that don't give two shits, and it is glorious. I am making its a point to wear it as LITTLE as possible, not more.... they can FOAD if they think i am doubling up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#27]
If wearing a mask can save just one life, isn't it common sense to wear two just in case it saves two? Three masks, three lives. See where this is going?

Anyone who isn't willing to wear 1,000 masks should be considered a war criminal.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#28]
I just saw this thread yesterday. An hour earlier I had noticed the following headline in apple news or something on my iPhone. Figured I’d go back and find a link. OP nailed it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-double-mask-prevent-covid_l_600f3e87c5b600a27962329e
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#29]
I hope everyone sees where this is going.  We've talked about it before.

They are going to push double masks, hell, why not TRIPLE masks.  Fauci will say yeah, it's the best thing since he pushed HIV as the cause of AIDs with his boys over at NIH.  

Meanwhile the WHO has just said they are going to review the count thresholds for the PCR testing which will more than likely result in fewer cases being reported. Since we as a country are all of the sudden "all good" with the WHO I would expect the CDC to speak with the test manufactures and push the same thing.

Boom, the "cases" of COVID will begin to drop.  Media/Biden admin will say it is due to super masking 5000 and state that they found the way but avoid any discussion of test results (or DNA manufacturing) altering.

Remember, with COVID YOU are the problem not the virus hence why YOU have to be masked.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I see your double masks and raise you double masks with goggles, a face shield and gloves.
View Quote

I have no shit witnessed this.

2 masks, safety glasses , a face shield, and nitrile gloves.

Dude if you're that scared, dont go to work.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Six minute abs!!!

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

A couple in their 70's got into a tire iron fight with a woman in her 60's in the Safeway parking lot in our sleepy ski resort town when the couple gave the woman a ration of shit for not wearing a mask. The woman then called the couple pussies and fake coughed on them.

70 YO dude then smashed out woman's back window with a tire iron.

https://www.krtv.com/news/montana-and-regional-news/2-people-charged-after-altercation-over-face-mask-wearing-at-whitefish-grocery-store

View Quote

Friend of mine that works at a pet groomer said two fucks got into a verbal altercation in their parking lot over masks....didnt escalate to tire irons however.

Motherfuckers are spun too tight.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've seen it as well, no way I could come up with something that pants on head retarded by myself.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#34]
I asked one of the NPCs at work why she was wearing 2 masks and she said it worked like an n95 and gave some idiotic explanation of how that was supposed to work before telling me how my gaiter didn't do anything. She didn't like my response of "I don't care, I wouldn't wear a mask at all if it wasn't required." No longer talking to me, no fucks given.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Soma dispensing implants soon
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Makes them easy to spot and avoid.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like we are jumping over the adoption of double masking and going straight to triple masks.
Local media is all about that 3 masking.... Bet it becomes mandated inside of a week or two.

Did Hunter Biden get a job on the BOD of a Chinese mask company or something?

Can't wait until people start passing out from O2 deprivation.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#39]
If I had a really nice quality Stormtrooper helmet I would legit just wear this every time I go out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Didn't they piss on their masks in WW1 to prevent the gas,,  I wonder if that would work for the CHINA VIRUS.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#41]
.jpg the stupid burns..
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Since they’ve already said 3 are 90 something percent effective, 3 will be the norm. I’m hoping it’s 4. Keeping fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Virtue signaling just feels so good.

As Captain Redlegs opined, “doin right ain’t got no end.”
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#45]
And they said it couldn’t be done. Four fuckin masks.
https://summit.news/2021/01/28/doctor-tells-nbc-americans-should-consider-wearing-four-face-masks/

Now just waiting on 6.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#46]
When they came out with this nonsense ten months ago the standard was supposed to be four layers of a very tightly woven cloth to make an 'effective' mask.
Few or none of the commercial cloth mask makers did that because would cost too much. Plus no one could breathe through the things.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Already saw 3 people double masking it today when out and about.  Fucking losers.

1: haircut place
2: Lowes
3: guy walking down the sidewalk. ALONE.

They seem to go out of their way and use two different colors. So everyone KNOWS they are wearing two. Or maybe those are just the ones I notice.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#48]
You're late OP, is happening right now.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#49]

What the fuck is that supposed to do?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#50]
I think this whole 2 mask bullshit is because the elite communists have gone to wearing N95s and they don't want the peasants to know they are wearing expensive masks that actually protect them so the new narrative is 2 masks so when the peasants see the elite communists wearing 2 masks they think it is normal and don't know that the elite communists are wearing respirators that they can get and most people can't.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top