Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2001 4:19:30 PM EDT
I have an enfield 2a .308 that shoots about 18 inches high @ 100yds. it also has a broken extractor spring. Where do you get one of those? Should I fix it up or get rid of it?
At one point I was ready to tie a concrete block to it and throw it in the Ohio! well not really but... Any ideas?
- bricklayer
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Give that one to me, and buy another

[thinking]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Give your enfield to me.Go buy a new one,give that one also to me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
You have to build up the front site. My English
friend had the same problem and had a gunsmith
install a new front site. It is dead on now.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.gunpartscorp.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly I don't know,I never messed with enfields.At least I booted the thread to top for you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't listen to the above posts...send it to me[:D]

Sounds like the sight(s) got banged up. Is the front sight bent, straighten it.  Is the rear sight poking up some, bend it back.

PS Send it to me
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it just needs a new front sight. the one that is on it is so short i have to raise my cheek almost off of the stock to be able to see it right. I like my AR a million times better so this one just sits there gathering dust. imagine that... I think i will trade it in on more stuff for the AR!
- BRICKLAYER
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#8]
You can get a taller front sight blade for it. They made different ones. Try Gun Parts Corp. somebody else already posted the link. They had them a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys! [;)]
I'll check it out
- bricklayer
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#10]
ALL YOUR TOO HIGH SHOOTING ENFIELDS ARE BELONG TO US
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:13:58 PM EDT
[#11]
My Enfield .308 is the most accurate gun I have. It would be well worth it to install a new front sight on it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#12]
deep six it
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know what the walnut sporter stocks look like that are listed on the gunpartscorp.com site?
I'm thinking about changing the stock and putting a red dot on it. How about one of those scout mounts that replace the rear sight? I don't know - just thinking out loud...... [thinking]
- bricklayer
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By the bricklayer:
Does anyone know what the walnut sporter stocks look like that are listed on the gunpartscorp.com site?
I'm thinking about changing the stock and putting a red dot on it. How about one of those scout mounts that replace the rear sight? I don't know - just thinking out loud...... [thinking]
- bricklayer
View Quote

Instead send it to me.  I will work with it for 20 or 30 years and send it back.  OK?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top