Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]

enhance

Enhance

ENHANCE

Attachment Attached File

M'yep still have no idea what the fuck I'm looking at.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I see this image, clearly.

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
West of the rockies you're on the air.
View Quote

Area 51 workers hotline, you’re  on

Art Bell gets a Frantic Call from an Ex-worker of Area 51

It looks like the floor is split level.  The right side as we’re looking at it, slopes down to a subterranean level.  The left side Half is level with the ground.
I guess the big hydraulic posts in hangar 18 weren’t that reliable.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think its more of an incline to load an aircraft under another one
View Quote

More realistic than what I imagined, maybe
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#7]
If anything, it might be a test shape or mockup for the radar test range over there. Just to be different I'll guess it's a scale model of the Independence-class LCS.

Like this, but a hull shape. Maybe testing how a new module affects RCS. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Jamming and EMP guns.

Plus I imagine they have enough sensors to hunt you down a disappear you.
View Quote
Unless one was to launch a jet powered drone on a one way path and someone else recover it on the other side. Pre programmed flight path and dropped from a balloon .
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

More realistic than what I imagined, maybe
View Quote
Possibly they have a tunnel and the launch aircraft resides in that hanger or its a simple aircraft and they load and fuel a drone in that depression . Might be hard to taxi . Same way they loaded little boy and fatman on tinian
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Maybe they just build weird shapes out of plywood and leave them just far enough out that they know someone will see them but not enough to get a good shot of.  I know I would if I worked there.
View Quote

LOFL.  Nobody would EVER think of doing that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Ah, the 8.5X11

Truly a classic.

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:30:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wonder how they would keep people from flying drones over the area to take pics and footage?
View Quote

There are lots of various sensors along the border.  They probably have means to detect various EM transmissions.
If they pick up something in say the 2.4 or 5.8 ghz band, or some of the ones used for long range RC, you will find a camo  dude Ford Raptor on you fast, plus their Blackhawks on site will drop security forces on you if the security contractor camo dudes can’t get there fast enough.
It’s also a long way to public land.   Something like 27 miles to the closest point of Tikaboo Peak.  That would take a fair amount of time to cover that distance.  You’d need a decent sized flying wing to cover that distance, not likely a multicolor drone.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You need the camera and the lens it was shot with. It's a new technique, using lasers, from some guys in Virginia.

Kharn
View Quote

Even works with low oblique shots.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Possibly they have a tunnel and the launch aircraft resides in that hanger or its a simple aircraft and they load and fuel a drone in that depression . Might be hard to taxi . Same way they loaded little boy and fatman on tinian
View Quote

Only thing about a loading pit on that side, is the turnaround doesn’t appear to have any link to the other runways.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Maybe they just build weird shapes out of plywood and leave them just far enough out that they know someone will see them but not enough to get a good shot of.  I know I would if I worked there.
View Quote

I would do that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looks like a baby Star Destroyer to me!
View Quote

Nah. Jedi Starfighter
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
West of the rockies you're on the air.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was just about to say the same thing, proof of concept maybe?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:36:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wonder how they would keep people from flying drones over the area to take pics and footage?
View Quote
Give it a try and get back to us.

Heh.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#20]
It’s a flying Toyota Tacoma.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Was this the one that the 6 million dollar man crashed?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#23]
B-21 or an RQ-170 or RQ-180?

-K
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's in an air warfare training range, and one of the most heavily controlled air spaces on the planet.  There is most likely a fighter jet a couple minutes out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#25]
The plane from Heat?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Aurora
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:54:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought this too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#28]

I would find a way to build a high speed aircraft that looked like this, just to mess with people that saw it flying...
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:04:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#30]
One on hand, cool. Neat. Hmm. (I guess I never knew or even thought of the idea of the scoot and hide "shelter", but it makes damn good sense).

On the other...
Quoted:
If the door is open during the day, it ain't that important.
View Quote

Quoted:
If I ran Area 51, I'd have a group of folks building crazy mock ups of sci-fi shit to leave around just to fuck with people.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 2:26:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Independence day area 51 how do you get funding for all this
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 2:37:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Potato. Possibly a Russet.
View Quote

I think that's what took the picture.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 2:49:30 AM EDT
[#34]
SR-91 Aurora Hypersonic Spy Plane perhaps?

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 2:56:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Could be a vertical stabilizer or a pair of overalls hanging .

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Fuck Gabe. That dickhead lands his stupid fucking plane on the dirt roads here in town about once a week now. Him and Joerg can go blow each other. Hopefully the feds prosecute and jail that cocksucker for treason. He takes pics of all the installations in So NV. and Socal.....
View Quote

He’s taking pictures from legally accessible areas and you want him arrested for treason.  Such freedom.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#37]
I see one of our flying wings (B-2, B-21, or  RQ-170) turned sideways in that hanger.  We'd be looking at the starboard wing and cockpit area is to the right.

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If the door is open during the day, it ain't that important.
View Quote

True.  After all these years, I doubt there are any really big secrets at Area 51.  It’s the shiny object to keep the attention of the inquisitive away from lower profile sites with the really sensitive stuff.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Blackstar II
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Employee of the month parking.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He’s taking pictures from legally accessible areas and you want him arrested for treason.  Such freedom.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Gabe. That dickhead lands his stupid fucking plane on the dirt roads here in town about once a week now. Him and Joerg can go blow each other. Hopefully the feds prosecute and jail that cocksucker for treason. He takes pics of all the installations in So NV. and Socal.....

Accessibility or classification of information has no bearing on what constitutes treason.  If the guy was taking pictures of military installations from areas open to the public and giving them to our enemy in time of war that would fit the definition of treason.

Japan based a lot of their planning for Pear Harbor on observation from the surrounding area.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Accessibility or classification of information has no bearing on what constitutes treason.  If the guy was taking pictures of military installations from areas open to the public and giving them to our enemy in time of war that would fit the definition of treason.

Japan based a lot of their planning for Pear Harbor on observation from the surrounding area.
View Quote

Man that’s one fucking leap right there...
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Looks like an F-86 to me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I kinda agree with this guy.

I use to Recruit for the Army in that area, there's a town called Pahranagat (sp?) not far from there that has a tiny high school I would visit one or twice a year. Lots of folks who live there work at are 51.

My opinion has always been, if they are developing shit that's going to keep my Son alive on a battlefield, leave them the fuck alone. They don't need a bunch of sci fi nerds with super huge cameras leaking sensitive stuff to the internet.

I'd still love to tour the place though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Here is a better picture of it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think they even take the picture and give it to Art Bell.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I kinda agree with this guy.

I use to Recruit for the Army in that area, there's a town called Pahranagat (sp?) not far from there that has a tiny high school I would visit one or twice a year. Lots of folks who live there work at are 51.

My opinion has always been, if they are developing shit that's going to keep my Son alive on a battlefield, leave them the fuck alone. They don't need a bunch of sci fi nerds with super huge cameras leaking sensitive stuff to the internet.

I'd still love to tour the place though.
View Quote

same here.

i'll do whatever security background check clearance whatever. Sign a waiver for them to kill me if I talk.

I just wanna see the place
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

True.  After all these years, I doubt there are any really big secrets at Area 51.  It’s the shiny object to keep the attention of the inquisitive away from lower profile sites with the really sensitive stuff.
View Quote

I've always assumed since Area 51 became so popular that they moved the super secret squirrel stuff to another area and keep 51 going to keep the nuts focused there.  Have some planes take off at night, build hangers...etc to keep up appearances there.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top