Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 241
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm still new enough to F1 to not know what I'm talking about (), but being the #2 driver on the #1 team seems like a pretty good gig unless you're actually better than the #1 guy. Why leave?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd love to see Valteri on Red Bull to get his revenge.

Mercedes treats him like shit.

This for sure.

I get so angry when they make him give up places to LH. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I recall it going the other way.

Like it or not Formula 1 is a team sport and team orders aren’t anything new or exclusive to Mercedes.

I'm still new enough to F1 to not know what I'm talking about (), but being the #2 driver on the #1 team seems like a pretty good gig unless you're actually better than the #1 guy. Why leave?

Bottas is being replaced by Russel.  Russel is the future number one driver after Hamilton retires.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Like it or not Formula 1 is a team sport and team orders aren’t anything new or exclusive to Mercedes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This for sure.

I get so angry when they make him give up places to LH. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I recall it going the other way.

Multi-21
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Got to say….I haven’t really paid any attention to F1 since the last race (which is rare for me).

I’m not a fan of the budget cap and PU usage rules as they currently stand - when applied without context to incidents like Max’s wreck. It’s all just too artificial, stunts the opportunity for even competition through the end of the season, and costs the offending team absolutely nothing.

Speaking of an artificial show…..gps data. All of the teams get it, but nobody else is allowed access. Why? It’s a face saver for the engine manufacturers, a face saver for driver legacy, and most importantly, it keeps all the shenanigans in house.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Multi-21
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This for sure.

Multi-21

And I have more respect for Seb for being a competitor and not just rolling over. FMW.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This for sure.

It’s hard to reach F1 without thinking you are god’s gift to driving and vastly superior to anyone else on the grid. Of the 20 guys out there BOT strikes me as the only one who is happy to come in second week in and week out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This for sure.

I think most of those guys think they could win the championship if they were just in the right car or had the same luck as their teammate.  In some cases they are correct but most of the time...
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 12:13:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It’s hard to reach F1 without thinking you are god’s gift to driving and vastly superior to anyone else on the grid. Of the 20 guys out there BOT strikes me as the only one who is happy to come in second week in and week out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This for sure.

This too
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 5:25:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Lets play silly season...

We operate under the impression HAM has a say in what happens driver wise at Merc, which I think is fair.  HAM doesn't want RUS as the second driver, right?  Not only has he proven to be quick in the Merc last year but if Merc continues to be successful in the next gen of car could a British driver like RUS threaten his records?  Potentially so - and obviously not something HAM wants with a British driver, or one with no pedigree.  So who becomes the second driver at Merc?  My wild guess is Mick.  

MERC - HAM, SCH
ALFA - BOT, RUS
HAAS - MAZ, KVT
WIL - LAT, ???

I'm sure it's a far shot but wouldn't be a terrible shakeup.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 5:51:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We operate under the impression HAM has a say in what happens driver wise at Merc, which I think is fair.  HAM doesn't want RUS as the second driver, right?  Not only has he proven to be quick in the Merc last year but if Merc continues to be successful in the next gen of car could a British driver like RUS threaten his records?  Potentially so - and obviously not something HAM wants with a British driver, or one with no pedigree.  So who becomes the second driver at Merc?  My wild guess is Mick.  

MERC - HAM, SCH
ALFA - BOT, RUS
HAAS - MAZ, KVT
WIL - LAT, ???

View Quote

If Rus is not inthe Merc by 2023, he will go to Red Bull.

Just my guess.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And I have more respect for Seb for being a competitor and not just rolling over. FMW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This for sure.

Multi-21

Would you feel the same about HAM if he was told to hold P2 and passed BOT anyway?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Would you feel the same about HAM if he was told to hold P2 and passed BOT anyway?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This for sure.

Multi-21

Lets reverse that. How would you feel about Bot doing it to Ham?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This for sure.

Multi-21

Answer my question first.

ETA: It was an honest question. Not trying for a 'gotcha' moment or anything.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We operate under the impression HAM has a say in what happens driver wise at Merc, which I think is fair.
View Quote

Curious as to why you think it’s fair for any driver to have a say as to who sits in the other seat? Not picking an argument, serious question. I’m looking to learn something here.

I’d think what’s the purpose of having a team manager at that point...
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:01:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

MERC - HAM, SCH
ALFA - BOT, RUS
HAAS - MAZ, KVT
WIL - LAT, ???

View Quote

Mick is a Ferrari driver and RUS is a Mercedes driver. I don’t see how they end up on each others teams. I think Mick will be sitting in Sainz’s seat in a year or two and RUS will be in the Mercedes. I don’t think HAM has ultimate veto power over who’s in the other car, especially if they don’t win the championships this year. Not only will Mercedes want the best driver lineup possible but they’ll want to keep RUS from competing against them. They did it to Ocon in 2019.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Mick is a Ferrari driver and RUS is a Mercedes driver. I don't see how they end up on each others teams. I think Mick will be sitting in Sainz's seat in a year or two and RUS will be in the Mercedes. I don't think HAM has ultimate veto power over who's in the other car, especially if they don't win the championships this year. Not only will Mercedes want the best driver lineup possible but they'll want to keep RUS from competing against them. They did it to Ocon in 2019.
View Quote
Alfa does not need to use any Ferrari Academy drivers next year.
They can fill their seats with whoever they want. That part of their engine deal with Ferrari ends after this season.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They can fill their seats with whoever they want. That part of their engine deal with Ferrari ends after this season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mick is a Ferrari driver and RUS is a Mercedes driver. I don't see how they end up on each others teams. I think Mick will be sitting in Sainz's seat in a year or two and RUS will be in the Mercedes. I don't think HAM has ultimate veto power over who's in the other car, especially if they don't win the championships this year. Not only will Mercedes want the best driver lineup possible but they'll want to keep RUS from competing against them. They did it to Ocon in 2019.

I don’t see how the second seat at Alfa will have any influence over where Mick and RUS end up.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This for sure.

Multi-21

Racing in my opinion should be a competition of individual cars and drivers. In my opinion the whole "team" thing of multiple cars blocking and being used as air difusion is bullshit. This should be an every man for himself sport. When Hamilton passes Bottas because he is faster I have no problem with it, I do have a problem with drivers being told to hold position or let someoe else through. So in summary Hamilton passing on merit, no problem as long as bottas is "allowed" to put up a fight.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Racing in my opinion should be a competition of individual cars and drivers. In my opinion the whole "team" thing of multiple cars blocking and being used as air difusion is bullshit. This should be an every man for himself sport. When Hamilton passes Bottas because he is faster I have no problem with it, I do have a problem with drivers being told to hold position or let someoe else through. So in summary Hamilton passing on merit, no problem as long as bottas is "allowed" to put up a fight.
View Quote

This is why IMSA,WEC, etc are the better series at this point.  Too much politics both internal/external in F1 now.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Bs opinion. Here is the link it sent me to to read the whole article.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/giedo-van-der-garde-george-russell-future/
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We are assuming that Bottas wants to go to Alfa. Of course, it’s probably more like “where Toto will allow him to go”, sadly.
View Quote

I don’t think he has any power over where Bottas goes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I mean....it can't be worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know if Red Bull is the place to go for a more friendly work environment.

I mean....it can't be worse.

Horner would probably be OK, but having to deal with Marko is something completely different.  Don’t be fooled, Max is still the number one driver.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bottas is being replaced by Russel.  Russel is the future number one driver after Hamilton retires.
View Quote

After Hammy retires is one thing, but both on the team at the same time is something else.  Russell won’t accept being a number 2 driver like Bottas does, and Hammy won’t accept not being the number 1 driver.  Think the Vettel-Leclerc pairing, or even Hammy-Rosberg.  Toto will eventually have to choose a side, and it probably won’t be pretty.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Bs opinion. Here is the link it sent me to to read the whole article.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/giedo-van-der-garde-george-russell-future/
View Quote

The comments are accurate.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Curious as to why you think it’s fair for any driver to have a say as to who sits in the other seat? Not picking an argument, serious question. I’m looking to learn something here.

I’d think what’s the purpose of having a team manager at that point...
View Quote

I don't.  It's just something that has gone around on F1 news and rumors.  Team manager job is to get constructor/drivers championship and if the manager believes HAM as the answer they would likely try and accommodate.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Mick is a Ferrari driver and RUS is a Mercedes driver. I don’t see how they end up on each others teams. I think Mick will be sitting in Sainz’s seat in a year or two and RUS will be in the Mercedes. I don’t think HAM has ultimate veto power over who’s in the other car, especially if they don’t win the championships this year. Not only will Mercedes want the best driver lineup possible but they’ll want to keep RUS from competing against them. They did it to Ocon in 2019.
View Quote

I know they are drivers for different teams than I lined out, but ultimately how much does that really matter?  Just a few years ago Sainz was a Red Bull driver, then McLaren now Ferrari.  They can jump around.  SCH has got to have some ties to Merc, it is where his dad spent the last few years of his career. He and HAM have a decent relationship it seems.  

Ultimately, I was sitting waiting on a flight and was tired of thinking about work and my mind went to crazy silly season moves.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This is why IMSA,WEC, etc are the better series at this point.  Too much politics both internal/external in F1 now.
View Quote

Sadly from the politics perspective I agree with this. I’d still chose to go to an F1 race over the latter any day though. COTA is a blast if you can park yourself up in turn 1.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 7:04:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Verstappen, Hamilton & Leclerc | 3D Ghost Car Comparison
Verstappen, Hamilton & Leclerc | 3D Ghost Car Comparison #Shorts
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Verstappen, Hamilton & Leclerc | 3D Ghost Car Comparison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGgpdb2WhRE
View Quote

Does anyone show HAMs sprint race lines?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:10:53 AM EDT
[#32]
HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX SCHEDULE

Friday 07/30
FP1 5:30am -ESPN2
FP2 9am -ESPNU

Saturday 07/31

FP3 6am -ESPN2
Quali 9am -ESPN2

Sunday 08/01
RACE 9am -ESPN

Good Lap vs. Great Lap, with George Russell | Hungarian Grand Prix

5 Feel Good Moments In Hungary | Hungarian Grand Prix
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks.  I was wondering about the schedule.

Where can that be found?

-
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Thanks.  I was wondering about the schedule.

Where can that be found?

-
View Quote

For the TV schedule I use this page but sometimes ESPN is slow to update it to the upcoming race.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/26082657/espn-tv-schedule-2021-f1-season
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Red Bull petition to review has been dismissed.

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Well....this will make the rest of the season interesting.  It only costs a 10 second penalty to take out a car now per this bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well....this will make the rest of the season interesting.  It only costs Mercedes a 10 second penalty to take out a car now per this bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well....this will make the rest of the season interesting.  It only costs Mercedes a 10 second penalty to take out a car now per this bullshit.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#38]
I came here looking for pit girls. Was that wrong?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I came here looking for pit girls. Was that wrong?
View Quote

F1 has gone woke... no more pit girls.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

For the TV schedule I use this page but sometimes ESPN is slow to update it to the upcoming race.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/26082657/espn-tv-schedule-2021-f1-season
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#41]
and Hamilton criticize Hungary's laws against exposition of minors to trans and homosexual propaganda on social media....

https://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/29-07-2021/f1-gp-ungheria-lewis-hamilton-attacca-social-leggi-anti-gay-ungheresi-42014166908.shtml

what a fucking dipshit this faggot is---

Mind your fuck9ing business you twat
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#42]
7 Times F1 Title Rivals Crashed
7 Times F1 Title Rivals Crashed
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#43]

They had an almost zero chance of succeeding anyway.  To get an appeal, they had to present new evidence.  They didn’t have any.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They had an almost zero chance of succeeding anyway.  To get an appeal, they had to present new evidence.  They didn’t have any.
View Quote

Well they did some great slides in Windows Paint.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Per ESPN F1:

Netflix has confirmed the upcoming release of a film about F1 legend Michael Schumacher, set for release on September 15.
The film, the first to be supported by the driver's family, will give "unique insights" into his life.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Per ESPN F1:

View Quote
I wonder if they'll talk about his current condition at all.

Is he simply enjoying his privacy or is he a vegetable in a bed somewhere? In any case I wish him well and look forward to seeing this special. Such an awesome driver.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#47]
F1 2021 Hungarian GP Live FP2 Watchalong
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Hungarian Friday practice results

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Is the field tightening up? (even Haas ....)
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#50]

That is a cool channel. Subscribed.
Page / 241
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top