Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 241
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Alot of the simps for Lewis are now trying to blame Horner and Redbull for inciting this "racism" towards lewis.  And evidently the bulk of it was the Clown Emoji....so they are now saying the Clown Emoji is racist......
View Quote

Of coarse, any attack on Lulu will been seen as racist.  Complete and utter bullshit.

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Professional racing drivers don't take dives down the inside like that.  He even did it again on Leclerc.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL whatever you say pal.  Why don't you tell us of all your experience.

Hence my comment.  

They are professional racing drivers, they're not paid to back off. I don't pay to watch them waive each other through turns like old women at church either.

Professional racing drivers don't take dives down the inside like that.  He even did it again on Leclerc.

It's bad practice to do that on a slow hairpin. It's BS to do that on a 180mph corner. Hamilton intentionally took out his only opponent. On a corner like that, at those speeds, it wouldn't even be a stretch to say he was trying to take out is only opponent for the next 4 races by injuring him.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wearing a mask. Picking up trash. Totally alone. And wearing a fuckin mask!
View Quote

Virtue signaling
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#4]

I wonder just how racist these comments were. I doubt there were that many that were truly racist if any at all.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL and Merc has come out and said that the damage was so bad on Lulu's car that without the Red Flag he would have had to retire.

This is such bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's bad practice to do that on a slow hairpin. It's BS to do that on a 180mph corner. Hamilton intentionally took out his only opponent. On a corner like that, at those speeds, it wouldn't even be a stretch to say he was trying to take out is only opponent for the next 4 races by injuring him.
View Quote

I dislike Hamilton a lot, and it’s massive BS that he only got a slap on the wrist, but I don’t think he’s some kind of super genius that planned out exactly where and how hard to hit Max’s car so he’d go sliding off track with enough force to destroy the car and have a chance of putting Max out of action, and not damaging his own car to the extent that it couldn’t be fixed under the red flag.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I wonder just how racist these comments were. I doubt there were that many that were truly racist if any at all.
View Quote

I’ll bet you’re wrong about that.  As goes on at soccer matches shows, some of the Brits can be pretty racist, like almost any other group.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wanted to feel like he accomplished something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why did he do that?

Wanted to feel like he accomplished something?

lol savage AF
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#9]

What's crazy is that those people being racist are all European and their governments can probably jail them for life for being racist
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL whatever you say pal.  Why don't you tell us of all your experience.

Hence my comment.  

They are professional racing drivers, they're not paid to back off. I don't pay to watch them waive each other through turns like old women at church either.

Exactly, they will kick you out of the go karts at the race track in NOLA for driving like HAM was.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't know how much time you've spent behind the wheel of a racecar or as a serious competitor but I disagree with the part in bold, and the next sentence is almost laughable.  Let me preface this by saying I am not a Lewis fan at all.  I think he is a very talented driver but he is far from my guy.  I'm a Ferrari guy thru and thru have been since I started watching F1 with my dad in the mid 90's as a kid with a Ferrari in the garage.   He should have had a stiffer penalty and should have some penalty points on his license.  

Lewis made an aggressive move into a fast corner.  He was not, in my opinion, on a good racing line and was clearly going to miss the apex.  As Max was going toward the apex that was only going to get worse as more air was taken off of Lewis car.  Lewis could have backed off going into the corner but at that corner, the car loaded like it was I think he might have had a pretty gnarly spin ending up like Max.  

The 8 corners leading up to the incident were what we all wanted to see.  There was VERY tight racing, to the point of contact a few times if I remember correctly.  Sometimes when you are racing that hard a couple of inches matter.  I'm not convinced this is a situation where it was just a couple of inches, it was not a light contact at all, but when you get two very competitive guys racing that close for the lead that also are battling for the world championship...things like this are bound to happen.  It never works out well for the guy on the outside.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Don't know how much time you've spent behind the wheel of a racecar or as a serious competitor but I disagree with the part in bold, and the next sentence is almost laughable.  Let me preface this by saying I am not a Lewis fan at all.  I think he is a very talented driver but he is far from my guy.  I'm a Ferrari guy thru and thru have been since I started watching F1 with my dad in the mid 90's as a kid with a Ferrari in the garage.   He should have had a stiffer penalty and should have some penalty points on his license.  

Lewis made an aggressive move into a fast corner.  He was not, in my opinion, on a good racing line and was clearly going to miss the apex.  As Max was going toward the apex that was only going to get worse as more air was taken off of Lewis car.  Lewis could have backed off going into the corner but at that corner, the car loaded like it was I think he might have had a pretty gnarly spin ending up like Max.  

The 8 corners leading up to the incident were what we all wanted to see.  There was VERY tight racing, to the point of contact a few times if I remember correctly.  Sometimes when you are racing that hard a couple of inches matter.  I'm not convinced this is a situation where it was just a couple of inches, it was not a light contact at all, but when you get two very competitive guys racing that close for the lead that also are battling for the world championship...things like this are bound to happen.  It never works out well for the guy on the outside.
View Quote

If you look there's a trend with HAM punting people in corner....the 2 cases with Albon immediately come to mind.  I think he intentionally punted him...I don't think he ment for it to be as bad as it was.....
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:59:39 AM EDT
[#13]
How's this compare to Schumacher punting Hill outright?

eta: or Senna punting Prost?
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#15]
same shit in 2019...HAM is known for that shit

Lewis Hamilton Crashes Into Alex Albon - Brazil 2019
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never in a race car but I raced motorcoss for 15 years, but that is a totally different sport. In motorcross we'd just call that stuffing someone in the berm. I did have friends I grew up with that raced dirt cars, sprints and super stocks, still different. The person on the inside is responsible to be a little more conservative. Hamilton pushed jt too hard and way over shot his apex. It was close racing up until then and I'm sure both drivers thought the other would back out. The 10 sec penalty is laughable.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I’ll bet you’re wrong about that.  As goes on at soccer matches shows, some of the Brits can be pretty racist, like almost any other group.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was watching everything on Reddit F1 after the race and there wasn’t anything racist being said.

That didn’t stop people from complaining that people were being racist.

Twitter…who the fuck knows. Probably some, no doubt.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If you look there's a trend with HAM punting people in corner....the 2 cases with Albon immediately come to mind.  I think he intentionally punted him...I don't think he ment for it to be as bad as it was.....
View Quote

I think of it more from a driver point of view.  Hamilton's view is: I'm putting the car into this corner whether Max gives me room or not.  Max is: I'm putting the car into this corner whether Ham is there or not.  I don't think either one is an intentional punt but an intentional and deliberate decision to make a move to make a pass for the lead.  He wouldn't be where he is now without sticking his nose in there many times over.  The drivers that don't do that are those who will never be discussed since they will never be at that level...and that is speaking from first hand experience.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlJBNZGmmrk
View Quote

But but but but but....Lulu is the cleanest of drivers...
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I think of it more from a driver point of view.  Hamilton's view is: I'm putting the car into this corner whether Max gives me room or not.  Max is: I'm putting the car into this corner whether Ham is there or not.  I don't think either one is an intentional punt but an intentional and deliberate decision to make a move to make a pass for the lead.  He wouldn't be where he is now without sticking his nose in there many times over.  The drivers that don't do that are those who will never be discussed since they will never be at that level...and that is speaking from first hand experience.
View Quote

Lulu wasn't even close to the line.  He knows what was going to happen.  Max had the line...he had the apex....he was far enough in front.  It was Max's....it was any driver that was in that position.  Look later on now with Leclerc...he was afraid Lulu was going to do the same shit to him so he backed off.  This is a huge problem now, that other drivers don't trust Lulu to be safe on the circuit.

People love to bring up the bullshit Senna quote all the time.....well that fucker died on the track....so maybe that guy......just maybe.....wasn't completely right with that one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlJBNZGmmrk

Lol. He races the same way I play Gran turismo
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Some of the supposed comments that were deleted from Twitter
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#24]

LOL The Middle Finger....and Black flag one is hilarious....thats how fucking stupid his fans are....that they don't realize....there's actually a Black Fucking Flag in racing....for dangerous racing/conduct......jesus titty fucking christ they are stupid.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#25]

What a fucking pussy
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:16:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Merc have released a statement claiming Hamilton has received a lot of racial abuse via social media and how bad that is.

Not only do they push Max off, they almost kill him and now they are making it all about Lewis and how he is suffering.
View Quote

"Black Cunt" scene from The Gentlemen 😂
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Lulu only got 2 pts on his license for this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#28]
How many times has max over the years taken an inside line that people said not there and caused a wreck?     And he was not even fighting for a championship till now.  

I personally see a lot of irony in the whole situation.    

7 Times Max Verstappen Clashed with his Rivals
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How many times has max over the years taken an inside line that people said not there and caused a wreck?     And he was not even fighting for a championship till now.  

I personally see a lot of irony in the whole situation.    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAoSghdD6Y
View Quote

Man the Lulu Fans coming out of the woodwork with the "What aboutism" is really really funny.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Lulu wasn't even close to the line.  He knows what was going to happen.  Max had the line...he had the apex....he was far enough in front.  It was Max's....it was any driver that was in that position.  Look later on now with Leclerc...he was afraid Lulu was going to do the same shit to him so he backed off.  This is a huge problem now, that other drivers don't trust Lulu to be safe on the circuit.

People love to bring up the bullshit Senna quote all the time.....well that fucker died on the track....so maybe that guy......just maybe.....wasn't completely right with that one.
View Quote

Again, not a fan of Lewis at all but you are exactly right with the LeClerc reference.  He looked in the mirror and you know what he saw?  The guy that was going to do what it took to win.  He's annoying on the radio, he gets preferential treatment from the team,

Max also has that mindset, even back when he was "divebombing" back in his early days in F1.  He was taking advantage of an opening he saw.  Sometimes the gap was there and stayed there, sometimes it wasn't.  It's the same thing that was the case with Ferrari back with Michael.  They saw the red car in the mirror and knew what that if the window was cracked it may as well have been wide open.  And it's that way across all disciplines.  Dale in NASCAR.  Sure, sometimes people got/get taken out.  Everyone around him knew any opening or form of weakness was going to be taken advantage of.  

When the drivers stop trying to make passes like that is when I will not be interested in watching anymore.  I don't care about the crashes at all, hate to see them.  I like seeing the best of the best giving it everything.  Sometimes they will end up like Senna - it's part of the sport they choose to compete in.

I would have liked it better had Lewis been half a cars width further inside but I don't know if it would have changed anything.  It may have been Max getting spun at the apex, or Max running wide maybe spinning maybe not.  I think if those two were in the same position headed to Eau Rouge it would have ended the same way.  We have two hyper competitive guys racing each other in cars that are sometime going to want to be in the same space.  When one of them starts to let off to let the other thru, the championship chase may as well be over.

Hopefully that is all semi-cohesive.  I wrote it over a long period of time with several interruptions at the office.  I just hate that I am defending Lewis so much.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of the supposed comments that were deleted from Twitter

it appears some europeans give zero fucks, damn
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Again, not a fan of Lewis at all but you are exactly right with the LeClerc reference.  He looked in the mirror and you know what he saw?  The guy that was going to do what it took to win.  He's annoying on the radio, he gets preferential treatment from the team,

Max also has that mindset, even back when he was "divebombing" back in his early days in F1.  He was taking advantage of an opening he saw.  Sometimes the gap was there and stayed there, sometimes it wasn't.  It's the same thing that was the case with Ferrari back with Michael.  They saw the red car in the mirror and knew what that if the window was cracked it may as well have been wide open.  And it's that way across all disciplines.  Dale in NASCAR.  Sure, sometimes people got/get taken out.  Everyone around him knew any opening or form of weakness was going to be taken advantage of.  

When the drivers stop trying to make passes like that is when I will not be interested in watching anymore.  I don't care about the crashes at all, hate to see them.  I like seeing the best of the best giving it everything.  Sometimes they will end up like Senna - it's part of the sport they choose to compete in.

I would have liked it better had Lewis been half a cars width further inside but I don't know if it would have changed anything.  It may have been Max getting spun at the apex, or Max running wide maybe spinning maybe not.  I think if those two were in the same position headed to Eau Rouge it would have ended the same way.  We have two hyper competitive guys racing each other in cars that are sometime going to want to be in the same space.  When one of them starts to let off to let the other thru, the championship chase may as well be over.

Hopefully that is all semi-cohesive.  I wrote it over a long period of time with several interruptions at the office.  I just hate that I am defending Lewis so much.
View Quote

Don't think you were defending Lewis.  He knows he should have backed off, he knew he didn't have that one, and instead of trying again....thats what we got.  One race ruined....one trip to the hospital after a hard hit.  And the cherry on top is his Dick head fans, and of course the throwing of the race card.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Max has had his share too over the years.  He shoved Leclerc off track a couple of years ago, I think in Austria?  And for years Max had quite the reputation, before he finally settled down.  Leclerc had his moments too with diving down the inside and causing wrecks (Vettel in Austria, and another in Bahrain), until he too settled down this year.  Hammy isn’t the only one who’s done it over his career, and may not even be the worst.  That said, it was a very stupid move that someone who’s been in F1 for as long as he has to make, especially on someone like Max.  Guys get the Red Mist going.  Lewis says he’s going to get by no matter what.  Max says I’m staying ahead, no matter what.  A coming together was likely to happen sometime this year anyway.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
LOL and Merc has come out and said that the damage was so bad on Lulu's car that without the Red Flag he would have had to retire.

This is such bullshit.
View Quote

See my earlier post about changing red flag rules. Ham has picked up about 40 points this year due to red flags and letting them fix his car, and once putting him back on the lead lap when Russell and Bottas had a crash.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Funny how when there are thousands and thousands of proven fraudulent votes it's "it's not material enough to matter" or "it's the exception, let's focus on the correct ones," or a similar narrative.

But when 3 people out of 1,000 post something that may be racist - OMG THERE'S RACIST EVERYWHERE!!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#38]
When Max did shit like Hamilton did we hammered him in tthese threads.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

bingo.

and I was the first doing it
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Max was my least favorite driver up until about a season and a half ago.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

bingo.

and I was the first doing it
View Quote
I did argue in favor of his aggressiveness but would not defend his stupid stuff.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And the check should have Perez's name on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
there is a wall in Hamilton's future, and it will be deserved

Yup.

Negative, Ham should be paid back by an Alpha Tauri
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
there is a wall in Hamilton's future, and it will be deserved

Yup.

There should be an unofficial bounty paid for whichever Honda drivers takes out Lulu

Let Yuki or Gasly earn some driver points.  

He'll do it again if some payback doesn't come his way.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, so coming from a guy who has spent quite a lot of time in race cars, mostly open wheel formula cars with wings, Hamilton is not just completely wrong, but the leap to intentional is entirely justified.

As a racing driver, you run on many circuits and there are corners and sections where you just don't try dumb shit.  As someone else posted earlier, sticking your nose inside someone in a 15 mph hair pin is a "racing accident", but a when a guy with a FIA Super License jams his nose inside someone, who he is clearly NOT alongside and makes contact with left front to right rear, its at best a terrible decision on top of a complete disregard for the many laps that Hamilton has turned at Silverstone over his lifetime.  

EVERY driver with experience at Silverstone would agree that a pass at Copse is a TERRIBLE idea, especially a desperate attempt such as we witnessed.  Thousands of laps at Silverstone over Hamilton's career would have instilled the fact that you can't dive inside someone at Copse without potentially getting someone injured, but certainly resulting in a wreck.  To make a pass in a corner such as Copse, you MUST overtake PRIOR to the entrance of the turn and if you do something dumb and attempt it anyway, yes it's you're responsibility to do everything you can to avoid contact with the car on the racing line.  Max was in front, it wasn't even debatable, Max was on the racing line, Hamilton created the contacted and he did it in a place where a Formula Ford Driver wouldn't have made such a dangerous attempt, let alone a 7 time F1 World Champion with an FIA Super License.

So yes, it could easily have been intentional.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Alot of the simps for Lewis are now trying to blame Horner and Redbull for inciting this "racism" towards lewis.  And evidently the bulk of it was the Clown Emoji....so they are now saying the Clown Emoji is racist......
View Quote

Honk honk I suppose.

Lewis's after race antics would have been OK for winning a championship or maybe a first win, but that didn't really apply.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#47]
So what happens if Max's Honda PU is scrap due to the accident? RB won't be punished for replacing it, will they?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So what happens if Max's Honda PU is scrap due to the accident? RB won't be punished for replacing it, will they?
View Quote

I believe it counts against them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that is BS. If a driver is punted off the track in an accident deemed not his fault, anything on the car that is totaled should be able to be replaced without consequence.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

There was this from yesterday saying they might save it: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/honda-verstappens-f1-engine-could-be-saved-after-british-gp-crash/6633633/

Page / 241
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top