User Panel

Page / 241
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OCON WINS!!!!!!

Once again Merc beats RB with a superior strategy.

Watching the battle between HAM and ALO was hugely entertaining, outstanding defense that sealed the win for the team. Nobody deserved a win more IMO. Great way to enter the summer break.

View Quote
Ummm, did we watch the same race?
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OCON WINS!!!!!!

Watching the battle between HAM and ALO was hugely entertaining, outstanding defense that sealed the win for the team. Nobody deserved a win more IMO. Great way to enter the summer break.

It’s true. Remove and or damage both cars at turn one is a strategy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OCON WINS!!!!!!

Did you not see the undercut by HAM on VER(lap 20 I think) The late pit stop for HAM was also undoubtedly the right move.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Did you not see the undercut by HAM on VER(lap 20 I think) The late pit stop for HAM was also undoubtedly the right move.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OCON WINS!!!!!!

Did you not see when BOT took out a RB and damaged the other so much it couldn't get passed the Williams?
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Young Frankenstein it could work.jpg
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
fucking announcers "unfortunately I don't think there's enough time for Lewis to overtake the leader."

View Quote

No, they're not biased. Not at all. I hate those cock-gobbling jerkoffs. I think I'm going to have to start watching the races on mute. They don't even try to hide it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like VET will lose 2nd.  Lack of fuel.  They could only extract .3L instead of 1.0
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

If Redbull doesn't start playing by the Merc rules, the season is over.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Did you not see when BOT took out a RB and damaged the other so much it couldn't get passed the Williams?
View Quote

That was lap 1. VER was ahead of HAM after the second lap of the restart. Redbull may have a championship winning car and driver but their race strategy is tier two and has been for a long time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That was lap 1. VER was ahead of HAM after the second lap of the restart. Redbull may have a championship winning car and driver but their race strategy is tier two and has been for a long time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

There was nothing Max could have done to keep Hamilton behind him.  He was missing large chunks of his floor and barge boards.  

It was a great drive by Max to even finish the race in the points.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No, they're not biased. Not at all. I hate those cock-gobbling jerkoffs. I think I'm going to have to start watching the races on mute. They don't even try to hide it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
fucking announcers "unfortunately I don't think there's enough time for Lewis to overtake the leader."

What do you expect? Stop watch Sky if you don’t want a pro British perspective.

I love hearing Rosberg talk down to Crofty like the idiot he is. Even my wife picked up on it this race.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already over due to engine penalties
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/confused-britney-spears--83.gif

They snatch defeat from the jaws of victory more than any other team.

Monaco 2016, never forget, never forgive.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, more like you're literally ignoring that Max had a compromised car here.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I love hearing Rosberg talk down to Crofty like the idiot he is. Even my wife picked up on it this race.
View Quote

Any other English language coverage?

The F1 pit lane channel is also a circle jerk.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

YOu realize how heavily damaged VER car was right?  It was a miracle they even tried to put him back out
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Lol…Alonso.

On his fight against Ham, “….also, it was important for Max, so I tried my best”.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damaged floor or not, be proactive and make HAM pass him on the track, let Max get his elbows out and have a chance at some payback for Silverstone. Instead RB is caught with their thumb up their ass like usual and Merc undercut them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

OY!, like I can watch it on MSG (Madison Square Garden network) lol..
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you expect? Stop watch Sky if you don't want a pro British perspective.

I'd really love to be able to stream Sky Italia. Not that my Italian is very good, it isn't.
But I'm often commentating over Crofty anyway, I might as well practice another language while I'm at it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:49:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Do they really take a month off?  Spa isn’t until 8/29.
Is that typical, or ?
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is that typical, or ?
View Quote

Yes. Most of Europe takes August off.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'd really love to be able to stream Sky Italia. Not that my Italian is very good, it isn't.
But I'm often commentating over Crofty anyway, I might as well practice another language while I'm at it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you expect? Stop watch Sky if you don't want a pro British perspective.

I like the German feed, Sascha Roos is solid. With the subtitles on I can keep up just fine but I usually watch the English feed anyway. Especially if they have Rosberg or Di Rista in the box, those guys she great.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Is that typical, or ?
View Quote

Yes, it's typical. In the middle[ish] of the season there is a four week break.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No penalties - just reprimands For Ocons parking and the TShirt terrorists  Vettel Carlos Sainz Jnr, Valtteri Bottas and Lance Stroll

and the dramaqueen hammy continues on

it's not like the queenhammy doesn't have a personal physiotherapist to work with or anything.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No penalties - just reprimands For Ocons parking and the TShirt terrorists  Vettel Carlos Sainz Jnr, Valtteri Bottas and Lance Stroll

Sebastian Vettel’s second-place finish in the Hungarian Grand Prix is in doubt as his car contained insufficient fuel at the end of the race.

The FIA’s Formula 1 technical delegate Jo Bauer confirmed they had only been able to remove 300ml of fuel from Vettel’s Aston Martin.
The F1 technical regulations state: “Competitors must ensure that a one-litre sample of fuel may be taken from the car at any time during the event.”

“I had real big dizziness and everything got a bit blurry on the podium,” Hamilton explained when he later joined the press conference. “I’ve been fighting all year with staying healthy after what happened at the end of last year. It’s a battle.”

Hamilton is one of six F1 drivers to have tested positive for Covid-19. He missed the Sakhir Grand Prix last year while isolating from the rest of the paddock.

He admitted he has struggled with his health since returning to racing. “I haven’t spoken to anyone particularly about it, but I think it is lingering,” he said.

it's not like the queenhammy doesn't have a personal physiotherapist to work with or anything.  

Sure didn't seem to be lingering when he was jumping around like a mental patient two Sundays ago.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sure didn't seem to be lingering when he was jumping around like a mental patient two Sundays ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sebastian Vettel’s second-place finish in the Hungarian Grand Prix is in doubt as his car contained insufficient fuel at the end of the race.

The FIA’s Formula 1 technical delegate Jo Bauer confirmed they had only been able to remove 300ml of fuel from Vettel’s Aston Martin.
The F1 technical regulations state: “Competitors must ensure that a one-litre sample of fuel may be taken from the car at any time during the event.”

“I had real big dizziness and everything got a bit blurry on the podium,” Hamilton explained when he later joined the press conference. “I’ve been fighting all year with staying healthy after what happened at the end of last year. It’s a battle.”

Hamilton is one of six F1 drivers to have tested positive for Covid-19. He missed the Sakhir Grand Prix last year while isolating from the rest of the paddock.

He admitted he has struggled with his health since returning to racing. “I haven’t spoken to anyone particularly about it, but I think it is lingering,” he said.

True but he was legitimately fucked up after the race today, he couldn’t catch his breath in the post race interview and looked like he was going to pass out on the podium. At silverstone he had the benefit of an adrenaline dump from winning in front of hundreds of thousands of adoring fans. In Hungry he was P3 and getting booed loudly. Getting old sucks.

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I kinda miss the old SPEED channel coverage
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Pit lane penalties struck me as odd today.

10 sec stop and go for speeding in the pit lane. (Even if he did exceed it by a lot from what i gather)

10 second time penalty for an incredibly unsafe release leading to a collision and removing a competitor.

The whole system seems a bit unbalanced.

Not to mention that Bottas took out much of the front runners and received a 5 place grid penalty, but if someone replaces PU components as a result of that crash they might eat a 10 spot penalty.  

I would like to see a bit better balance in the penalties and maybe a bit more consistency in others like the track limits that get enforced on some turns and not others.

-Mike
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Do you guys bitch about the American coverage of the olympics favoring the Americans too? Of course a British channel is going to favor the British GOAT. Really pathetic what you take the time to cry about ??
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

10 sec stop and go for speeding in the pit lane. (Even if he did exceed it by a lot from what i gather)

10 second time penalty for an incredibly unsafe release leading to a collision and removing a competitor.

Not to mention that Bottas took out much of the front runners and received a 5 place grid penalty, but if someone replaces PU components as a result of that crash they might eat a 10 spot penalty.  

I would like to see a bit better balance in the penalties and maybe a bit more consistency in others like the track limits that get enforced on some turns and not others.

-Mike
View Quote
Agreed.
Perez was speeding in the pitlane in Silverstone (120kph in a 80kph pitlane) and RBR just got a 1000 Euro fine.
Granted it was during a practice session, but if it's for "safety" it shouldn't matter what session. The FIA is incredibly arbitrary.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Do you guys bitch about the American coverage of the olympics favoring the Americans too? Of course a British channel is going to favor the British GOAT. Really pathetic what you take the time to cry about ??
View Quote

It’s the official F1 channel coverage, fair-weather.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Agreed.
Perez was speeding in the pitlane in Silverstone (120kph in a 80kph pitlane) and RBR just got a 1000 Euro fine.
Granted it was during a practice session, but if it's for "safety" it shouldn't matter what session. The FIA is incredibly arbitrary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Mike
Agreed.

I agree that there should be less subjectivity and ambiguity in the enforcement of rules.

Quoted:

It’s the official F1 channel coverage, fair-weather.

There is the world feed video everyone uses and the commentary is up to the individual markets, the US chooses to use the UK commentary so you are going to get British homers. Literally no different than the olympics.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

There is the world feed video everyone uses and the commentary is up to the individual markets, the US chooses to use the UK commentary so you are going to get British homers. Literally no different than the olympics.
View Quote

Official F1 pit lane channel (has nothing to do with Sky), in a sport that doesn’t compete via country of origin. All commentators are employed by F1.

So, you would need to be able to buy Olympic streaming access directly from the IOC, and then the English language commentators (employees of the IOC), would spend the majority of their time speaking about athletes from one country.

That would be pretty lame.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Will Seb get DQ'ed if he didn't have enough fuel?
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Official F1 pit lane channel (has nothing to do with Sky), in a sport that doesn’t compete via country of origin. All commentators are employed by F1.

So, you would need to be able to buy Olympic streaming access directly from the IOC, and then the English language commentators (employees of the IOC), would spend the majority of their time speaking about athletes from one country.

That would be pretty lame.
View Quote

Incredibly lame. I thought they were part of the Sky package, I didn’t realize that was Formula 1 produced content. I expect better from Liberty Media.

I’ve never really watched the pit lane channel but for whatever reason trying to watch the race on delay this morning didn’t have any English commentary at all and then it was the pit lane commentators which were garbage. I switched it to German and only went back to English half way through watching once the race had ended because I think Rosberg is hands down the best commentator out there, for someone who has been out of the sport for 5 years he is still the most knowledgeable person out there.

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

The anointed one must win

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How fucking terrible. Liberty Media needs to step in and do something about the FiA, they are killing the sport.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

How fucking terrible. Liberty Media needs to step in and do something about the FiA, they are killing the sport.
View Quote

As much as I want to see Seb do well this is a violation of a Technical Regulation there's not really a grey area with those. All teams know they must provide a 1L sample to the FIA at the end of the race.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Why are the cars not fueled just before the race from the same batch of fuel?

This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. An incredibly easy solution to fix any fuel discrepancies.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Has this happened before? Recently?

George ran out of fuel on the return lap - does he get DQ'd?
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

As much as I want to see Seb do well this is a violation of a Technical Regulation there's not really a grey area with those. All teams know they must provide a 1L sample to the FIA at the end of the race.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, rule 6.6.2.whateverthefuck was violated but it calls into question the rule itself. What’s the purpose? Safety? No. Fairness in competition? Maybe. Are they really not able to perform whatever necessary tests on .3L vs 1L? Why not just siphon off the 1L at the start of the race? It’s not like they refuel. What’s the likely impact? Now drivers will round the final corner, shut the car off, coast across the line and abandon the car somewhere on the track vs take the risk of being DQ’ed. At the end of the day the rules should keep drivers safe and make the sport good to watch, this does neither.
Page / 241
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top