Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2001 2:39:49 PM EDT
I bought my AR with M16 parts in it minus the DIAS.  I replaced everything but the bolt and carrier group.  I still have the parts stashed away just in case they outlaw AW altogether.  If the do I just might convert it back.  Would you keep the parts or get rid of them?
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Get rid of the carrier or modify it to AR15 profile!!!! Get rid of the parts!!!!Can you spell CONSPIRICY TO MANUFACTOR A MACHINEGUN???? I think it sucks but sadly thats the law. If you want to be 100% legal do the right thing.
Besides why take the chance?
My .02 worth
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I do not beleive that abiding by unconstitutional laws is "doing the right thing".  

If you are nervous about holding on to them then you have three options. One, sell them. Two, throw them away. Three, clean the parts real good, spray some Break Free Collector on them, put them in a rust inhibitor bag, drop them in a .50 cal ammo can, and bury somewhere.

My .02 cents anyway.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]
"Three, clean the parts real good, spray some Break Free Collector on them, put them in a rust inhibitor bag, drop them in a .50 cal ammo can, and bury somewhere."

Some good advice.  Get it done at ONCE.  You don't know who has read this...

Otherwise, it's HiHo, HiHo, Its off to jail you go...

Link Posted: 5/21/2001 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't worry. If the atf really wants you in jail they have many talented people in their crime lab that are very good at getting legal semi-auto's to fire in bursts.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Don't worry. If the atf really wants you in jail they have many talented people in their crime lab that are very good at getting legal semi-auto's to fire in bursts.
View Quote

Sadly. very true.....
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#6]
yep, hid them away for when you might need them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#7]
My personal opinion is that full-auto in a lightweight .223 is so worthless that it's not worth the risk of getting caught.  You can do far better work almost as fast on semi.  You do need to get that bolt carrier modified if you're going to keep it in the rifle.  ATF decided by imperial decree that your AR with one single M16 part in it is a 'machinegun'.  Idiots.  It's a simple job for a competent machinist.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I would have kept the parts and not posted my criminal intentions to the entire world. Prisons are full of stupid people.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I once heard of somebody who sealed some rare coins in bars of beeswax and put them in a safe-deposit box.....for safe keeping.

So if you have some valuable coins....

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top