Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 55
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:15:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any good deals on Okay mags anywhere? Or even D&H?
View Quote

DSG has the D&H mags for less than $10 each when you buy a ten pack.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]
My order of trade in G19 mags from recoil arrived today. Not bad considering I ordered on the 5th and my order from Dack before Christmas hasn't even shipped yet.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
ill be honestly surprised if power outages dont become really common in the near future, either because of democrat mismanagement, or hostile acts by both sides to disrupt power to hurt / make people mad / sow chaos.

so, you guys should be preparing for this, get yourself a small generator, good flash lights, rechargeable batteries, a kerosene heater, camp stove for cooking, lanterns for lights, small window ac unit, etc for getting thru long power outages, keep freezers frozen, run your tv / sat / internet, etc.
View Quote

Good advice.  I’ve been all over this stuff for years.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

$33.99 at Dacks

They also had the 19x extended coyote mags for $26
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

$33.99 at Dacks

They also had the 19x extended coyote mags for $26

@Szilagyi-hpg

What was shipping for you?  It wouldn’t show me the shipping charge.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@Szilagyi-hpg

View Quote

$8.99 for four glock mags and a pair of bx-25's
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Long shot perhaps. Anyone have a source for lr308 extractors? I'd like to add a couple to my parts bin.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Long shot perhaps. Anyone have a source for lr308 extractors? I'd like to add a couple to my parts bin.
View Quote

Just did some searching and came up dry. Crazy!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
who had that deal on steel ar mags a while back for $5.00??     what are they going for now?

Was it these at Global Ordnance?

https://globalordnance.com/shk-30rd-steel-ar15-magazines-upc-00850003223070/

$6.99 now.

Out of stock right now. Odds are they will not come back in stock, and we aren't likely to ever see them at $5.00 ever again
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Szilagyi-hpg

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Out of stock right now. Odds are they will not come back in stock, and we aren't likely to ever see them at $5.00 ever again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
who had that deal on steel ar mags a while back for $5.00??     what are they going for now?

Was it these at Global Ordnance?

https://globalordnance.com/shk-30rd-steel-ar15-magazines-upc-00850003223070/

$6.99 now.

You may be right about the $5 price, but they go in and out of stock pretty regularly.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I got my 6 M&P mags. all were in great shape. wish i had bought 50 of them. its a shame that just enjoying the second amendment and the god given right to self defense has to result in buying shit like this , in such crazy amounts,  just to stay prepared in the face of gov bullshit / over reach.

i have a feeling mags will disappear REALLY soon.  biden will start screeching to ban guns / mags / mail order shit day 1.. if not in the next few days. better get them while you can.

i also received my 22,000 survival / gun / military / medical etc.. manual dvd set. copying that onto a thumb drive, and gonna make copies for friends and family. that should be useful.

View Quote

@ buck19delta

What is this 22,000 survival / gun / military / medical etc.. manual dvd set you speak of?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got my inverters !  I  Traded ammo for them .

Traded 2000 rds of pmc .223 FM, and 300rds of 9mm for them.  Figured it was a good trade as I had only $600 bucks or so in the ammo. Plus, if got a ton of ammo, but only 1 generator, a 8000 watt generac. Great generator. But uses a lot of fuel. Vs inverters. Now if got a generator for any need.

Both new in box, from local pawn shop.

2000 watt champion inverter, ( approx $500 )  and 3500 watt champion dual fuel inverter with battery start. ( approx $1000.00.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92687/Screenshot_20210108-135113_Gallery_jpg-1769987.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92687/Screenshot_20210108-134619_Gallery_jpg-1769998.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92687/Screenshot_20210108-134643_Gallery_jpg-1769990.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92687/Screenshot_20210108-134631_Gallery_jpg-1769991.JPG
View Quote

@buck19delta
How clean is the electricity?  Can they run amateur radio without a lot of interference?  I'm also looking at some hondas.....

Thx.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@ buck19delta

What is this 22,000 survival / gun / military / medical etc.. manual dvd set you speak of?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got my 6 M&P mags. all were in great shape. wish i had bought 50 of them. its a shame that just enjoying the second amendment and the god given right to self defense has to result in buying shit like this , in such crazy amounts,  just to stay prepared in the face of gov bullshit / over reach.

i have a feeling mags will disappear REALLY soon.  biden will start screeching to ban guns / mags / mail order shit day 1.. if not in the next few days. better get them while you can.

i also received my 22,000 survival / gun / military / medical etc.. manual dvd set. copying that onto a thumb drive, and gonna make copies for friends and family. that should be useful.

@ buck19delta

@Slarti

http://www.survivalebooks.com/Survivalists.html?fbclid=IwAR3w6nOI-AOEzisA34_NZStlADD9oL6DaAvF5lAXLvWGeof9kiBUocmUtu4

also.  shitloads of free weapon / gun manuals, armorers manuals, etc.

https://archive.org/details/firearmsmanuals?tab=collection

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@buck19delta
How clean is the electricity?  Can they run amateur radio without a lot of interference?  I'm also looking at some hondas.....

Thx.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got my inverters !  I  Traded ammo for them .

Traded 2000 rds of pmc .223 FM, and 300rds of 9mm for them.  Figured it was a good trade as I had only $600 bucks or so in the ammo. Plus, if got a ton of ammo, but only 1 generator, a 8000 watt generac. Great generator. But uses a lot of fuel. Vs inverters. Now if got a generator for any need.

Both new in box, from local pawn shop.

2000 watt champion inverter, ( approx $500 )  and 3500 watt champion dual fuel inverter with battery start. ( approx $1000.00.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92687/Screenshot_20210108-135113_Gallery_jpg-1769987.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92687/Screenshot_20210108-134619_Gallery_jpg-1769998.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92687/Screenshot_20210108-134643_Gallery_jpg-1769990.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92687/Screenshot_20210108-134631_Gallery_jpg-1769991.JPG

@buck19delta

Thx.

they are supposed to be safe for sensitive electronics, but i have no clue what these numbers mean.

Confidently connect your sensitive electronics since this inverter produces Clean Power (< 3% THD). Designed for safety with a low oil shut-off sensor, this model has a 0.5-quart oil capacity.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#15]
@buck19delta
Sweet dude....Thx.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#16]
just ordered from a place called the mag shack.  processing and shipping were super quick.  3 days from placed order and supposed to be delivered today.

prices were decent and shipping was not insane.  if i get more funds soon, i will def order more from them.  i got the g2 pmags.  they had the other variants.

i have plenty of mags, but figured we are moving into uncharted territory.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dont JUST load up on guns and ammo.. you NEED to get stocked up on food, and other supplies. Think bad storm / hurricane supplies, enough to last months.  Just like gun, ammo, and toilet paper panics...I think you might well see food shortages, extended power outages, extended phone / internet outages, etc.

You dont want to be hunting for dinner when the panicked  hordes are mobbing stores.

Food, water, fuel, etc.. plus guns n ammo.
View Quote

This.   You can't take a hot shower with a gun.  Can't cook bacon either, at least not without a large degree of expense and hassle.

For those of you with kids and spouses, consider how unhappy some of them are going to be after a week of cold washcloth baths.  Look at your home and figure out how to not live like a caveman if the power is out for 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 years.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This.   You can't take a hot shower with a gun.  Can't cook bacon either, at least not without a large degree of expense and hassle.

For those of you with kids and spouses, consider how unhappy some of them are going to be after a week of cold washcloth baths.  Look at your home and figure out how to not live like a caveman if the power is out for 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 years.
View Quote

Had hot water tank issues earlier this year. Couldn't get it fixed for 2 1/2 weeks. I took cold showers, but the wife and kids took baths drawn from water heated up on the stove. It sucked.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Aims used S&W mags arrived today.
Recoilgunworks used 23's arrived yesterday - look brand new, in excellent shape.

2 is my 3 Dacks orders have shipped -- the 17's that I wanted to come first are the delayed ones.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Has anybody received g17 mags from Dack? I ordered on the 6th and just wondering what kind of time frame I'm looking at.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Has anybody received g17 mags from Dack? I ordered on the 6th and just wondering what kind of time frame I'm looking at.
View Quote

Those who ordered G17 mags from Dack may want to contact them. Their website apparently wasn’t updating stock numbers as orders came in, and they oversold big time.

Some of their comms I never received, some went straight to my spam folder.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Had hot water tank issues earlier this year. Couldn't get it fixed for 2 1/2 weeks. I took cold showers, but the wife and kids took baths drawn from water heated up on the stove. It sucked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These run on 20lb or larger propane cylinders and make a shitload of hot water.  You probably get 4 hours of runtime per gallon. (3-4 gal in a 20lb tank) pound.

https://www.eccotemp.com/eccotemp-l10-portable-outdoor-tankless-water-heater-w-shower-set/

I have an “emergency” one with a pump so i can use a tank of water. (Linked above)  

I also have a permanently installed one with a built in deicer hooked to my 500gal LP tank.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

These run on 20lb or larger propane cylinders and make a shitload of hot water.  You probably get 4 hours of runtime per gallon. (3-4 gal in a 20lb tank) pound.

https://www.eccotemp.com/eccotemp-l10-portable-outdoor-tankless-water-heater-w-shower-set/

I have an "emergency" one with a pump so i can use a tank of water. (Linked above)  

I also have a permanently installed one with a built in deicer hooked to my 500gal LP tank.
View Quote
Wow thats pretty cool, will add that to the list

@sq40 How do you like yours? Also have you used it to take a shower yet? Also have any pics of your setup??
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Those who ordered G17 mags from Dack may want to contact them. Their website apparently wasn’t updating stock numbers as orders came in, and they oversold big time.

View Quote

Thanks i will contact them. Wouldn't bother me too much except they hit my card the day I ordered. Been checking my spam too, nothing so far.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@sq40 How do you like yours? Also have you used it to take a shower yet? Also have any pics of your setup??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an "emergency" one with a pump so i can use a tank of water. (Linked above)  

I have the portable L10 still in the box for an emergency/spare.  It’s a limited to warm weather or emergency use only, because you can’t let water freeze in it, it has no warmer built in.  (If it’s below zero, you have to drain it after use.)  its inexpensive, and would be great for backup, southern states, and camping.

I installed one of their 45H units to run the whole cabin.  It runs a regular shower/bath, bath sink, kitchen sink, and washer.  I’ve used it daily for almost three years.   I bought the 40lb propane tanks, and they would last for 3 weeks in the winter, 4-5 in the summer. (8 gal, $24 fillup).  I would keep spares and swap them out.   I did small tank swaps for two years, until my private road had been compacted and graveled enough to support an LP supply truck.  Now I have a 500gal.   I left the “grill” regulator port attached to my system in case I ever need to switch back to portable tanks.  (I can run 20lb, 40lb, and 100lb as needed).
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:05:13 AM EDT
[#26]
There are a lot of lessons to learn from those who have cabins or more remote homes, and from countries where utilities can't be taken for granted.   If things get really shitty, don't fool yourselves thinking the powers that be won't come up with excuses to make deliberate blackouts.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:22:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I ordered some on Dec 23rd. Got a processing notice on January 11th. Nothing since.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Planning on building a small solar set up in the near future. Found a great deal on a awesome transformer, that's safe for sensitive electronics,  and jumped on it.  These run $375.00 new from amazon, got this one for 2 boxes of .380 fmj.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#30]

If you buy 2 of them it's free shipping.

Actually you're entire cart, over $49, ships free if you have just 1 thing from the Dack Deals section.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Planning on building a small solar set up in the near future. Found a great deal on a awesome transformer, that's safe for sensitive electronics,  and jumped on it.  These run $375.00 new from amazon, got this one for 2 boxes of .380 fmj.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/Screenshot_20210116-133525_Gallery_jpg-1783439.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/Screenshot_20210116-133545_Gallery_jpg-1783440.JPG
View Quote

Be careful of some of these. They don't make their rated power and can leave you stranded. The most reliable ones for a good price that I have found are Meanwell. They are Taiwanese and reliable as hell. They are inexpensive but used as OEM in yachts and expensive motorhomes. Stuffed away and working silently for years.

1.5KW 12V $438

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/mean-well-usa-inc/TS-1500-112A/7707152

3KW 12V $833

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/mean-well-usa-inc/TS-3000-112A/7707164
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Be careful of some of these. They don't make their rated power and can leave you stranded. The most reliable ones for a good price that I have found are Meanwell. They are Taiwanese and reliable as hell. They are inexpensive but used as OEM in yachts and expensive motorhomes. Stuffed away and working silently for years.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/filter/dc-to-ac-power-inverters/833?s=N4IgjCBcpgHAzFUBjKAzAhgGwM4FMAaEAeygG0R4BWATgHY7YQBdIgBwBcoQBlDgJwCWAOwDmIAL5EwABlgA2JCFSRMuQiXIgALGD01FrEJ258hYydPh1F0Zemz4ipSBXiwZ2hS3ZdIvARFxCSkQACYtAFs8DGEAdzwsLAACEQA3PH4OTJYJIA

About $1,000 for an equivalent 3kw 12v unit.
View Quote
Link is Borked.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Link is Borked.
View Quote

Thanks, should have checked the link first. I updated with individual product links.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Just a heads up from someone who has BTDT in regards to generators in a no-power zone and hostiles who want said power.
They will come for your generator and they won't be alone. Either make sure you have enough back-up to defend it, barricade it - making it too costly to steal, get a silent unit - and filter the exhaust (you'd be surprised how far away you can smell exhaust when nothing else is making exhaust) or... go silent with solar. Solar doesn't have the same kick, but the baddies don't know it's there unless you flaunt it with a bunch of stupid lights or whatever when everyone else is dark.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone else get any sketchy emails claiming to be Dack asking "Did you get my last message?" or something to that effect?  Wonder if they've been compromised.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Anyone else get any sketchy emails claiming to be Dack asking "Did you get my last message?" or something to that effect?  Wonder if they've been compromised.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

See my post above, they oversold, and are likely trying to contact you.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#37]
BTTT
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that for $9.99 Magpul G17 mags?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks.  Nothing in my spam folder.  Guess they could have some issues with Zendesk or something or maybe my mail provider doesn't play well with Zendesk.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Just ordered a tri fuel kit for my Gen set. I plan on running it off nat gas now and keep all my stored gasoline for backup use.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Thanks.  Nothing in my spam folder.  Guess they could have some issues with Zendesk or something or maybe my mail provider doesn't play well with Zendesk.
View Quote

I got the same message.  I had ordered a handful of G17 mags.  I replied to the email asking "what message" and got this canned response:

We just wanted to touch bases with you regarding your open support ticket.

Our support team has been informed of your ticket and they also just received an alert
to let them know you’re still waiting for a response.

We do strive to answer customers as soon as possible, but because of the large order volume
we have been experiencing, it can take up to 24 hours.

Rest assured, one of our friendly support reps will respond to you asap!

I never emailed them about any issues.

The G17 mag order is even showing up in my order history.  I ordered some other mags 12/22 and those show as processing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I ordered on Dec 31
Nothing yet

Just checked e mails and I have one that says order confirmed and one that says they’re waiting for a response but nothing in between. I have a message on the site saying waiting for a response from me about something.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sir, just the Glock OEM mags as far as I know.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#44]
I shot 'em an email straight to their [email protected] address.  We'll see what happens.  I'm not overly concerned.  Sounds like there's an issue, and they probably just have a shitty comms system.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Yep, the day after I ordered, I received another message along the lines of "Hello, just checking in, wanted to make sure you received our first message?"  (I didn't.)

Me:

The only message I’ve received so far is the order confirmation from Monday.
View Quote

Dack:

We apologize, the contents of the original message are shown below.

Hi XXXXXXX,

Thank you again for your business!

Unfortunately, there was an issue with our inventory syncing up to our supplier's inventory
and your item showed in stock when it wasn't. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
At this time, we do not have an ETA for the item to come back into stock.

If you would like to lock in the price you paid for the item, we can place it on backorder for you
and ship it just as soon as it becomes available again! Alternatively, we can cancel/refund the order
if you would like.

If you decide to place this on backorder, you can always have us issue a full refund at
any time if we’re unable get the product back in stock.

Again, we’re sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you’d like for us to place
this on backorder or issue a refund and we’ll be happy to help either way.

Sincerely,
DACK Outdoors
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I shot 'em an email straight to their [email protected] address.  We'll see what happens.  I'm not overly concerned.  Sounds like there's an issue, and they probably just have a shitty comms system.
View Quote

I sent them an email about the Ruger mag order I placed. They were fairly responsive with a bit of delay. Shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Just received an email from DACK outdoors. Sounds like a failure to me, they charge my card almost 500 bucks for 25 glock magazines that I’m probably not gonna receive. The order was placed December 30 if I remember correctly. I got the same BS email that everyone else got. I’m debating on keeping the order with them so that when they do come in stock they have to honor the $20 price roughly
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#48]
shits gonna be getting real, real quick people. you will ABSOLUTELY be looking at anti gun laws being passed. at a MINIMUM, expect universal back ground checks, and federal red flag laws, with assault rifle / 10+ mag bans likely, as well as bans on mail order ammo / reloading supplies / ammo / reloading background checks  coming.

not a whole lot you can do about it right now ammo wise as shits retardedly expensive right now, but magazines are still cheap and easy to get as are most ar15 parts, so, stock up while you still can.  its almost guaranteed IMHO to have a grandfather clause for shit you already own, not to mention probably be able to sell and resell as well, which creates a situation to make some serious cash down the road.

load up !
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My order of trade in G19 mags from recoil arrived today. Not bad considering I ordered on the 5th and my order from Dack before Christmas hasn't even shipped yet.
View Quote

payday ill be looking to buy some more g19 mags, as well as glock 20, ruger 57, S&W 15-22 and ruger 10-22 mags as well.  iv got a bunch of every mag i use, but i need and want more.  i expect the first week of feburary to be the last time ill be able to buy mags that are normal priced and easy to find as once biden starts running his mouth as potus 24/7 the mag panic will go full retard to match the ammo panic.  holy fuck i wish we had 4 more years of trump to prepare.

honestly you really cant have enough mags, either you will use them, you will give them to your kids, or you can resell them for 5x what you paid for them if this ban happens, all of which are wins. ( a ban is not obviously, but you gotta work with what your given )
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just ordered a tri fuel kit for my Gen set. I plan on running it off nat gas now and keep all my stored gasoline for backup use.
View Quote

good stuff.

hot water is something i cant make easily, barring hooking up my big generator and running the whole house and electric water heater. been toying with the idea of putting in a shower in my garage bathroom and adding a on demand propane hot water heater, and a 100 gallon propane tank. maybe even adding a 500 gallon propane tank to run that, as well as a propane fireplace for atmosphere and emergency heat in my living room, and maybe a ventless heater in the garage as well..
Page / 55
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top