Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 55
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion, we are very near the end of affordable food storage.  Same for any meaningful long term preps that require materials made of steel, although wood seems to be holding out well.  

I’m not saying it’s not going to be available, I’m saying you damn well better hurry if you think you need to build barns, sheds, have any tools you don’t already own, create the ability to feed people....

All of that stuff is going to be impossible to get at any price, like ammo.  Same with long term food storage items.  Get them ASAP.  They’ll be available later, at 5 times the price.

Another thing I expect to become in huge demand is home-sized solar power systems.  5-20kW systems with battery backup.  Panels are crazy cheap right now.  Buy them.  Lots. Of. Them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are people's thoughts on debt?  If things truly go to shit debt will not matter.  If things "only" mostly go to shit then of course debt would matter.  

Another thing to think about with debt is the value of the dollar.  If the value drops and turns into a Zimbabwe or Venezuelan situation one could (in the early days of it anyway) pay for their debt by selling gold/silver.  There would be a small window of opportunity because they'd quickly institute some laws to protect the upper echelons from being screwed in such a manner.
View Quote

This is my question.

How is debt going to matter when 90% of Americans have a home loan. They going to come kick out 90% of 330million?

I am in debt over half a million for business use. Would it be cool if it was all paid off, yes. But I also am using modern business and money leverage to grow my business. If it all goes to shit, fuck it come grab the keys and do whatever. I'm not living there....
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe 2021 would have been fine if Buck19delta would have just make a "salad days forever 2021 thread" but noooooo....bucks gonna delta.

Godspeed and good luck to all American patriots.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

i spent 17 years in the army. for every bullet i shot i ate probably 10lbs of food and drank 100 gallons of water and wiped my butt 50 times, and needed light, and heat to be comfortable.  ammo and guns are nice, but you need a lot more than that.  i think the usa in general will resemble detroit nationally in a few short years with democrats running everything. ( name 1 democrat controlled state / city thats financially sound and not all fucked up )
View Quote

If they manipulated you into leaving the army before 20 years, that's an example of things they're willing to do.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:09:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Tagged for posterity.

Last thread was pretty spot on
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#6]
If the left succeeds in implementing some of these things, it will provide the right with an opportunity to take back control.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:06:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Trust in the President.

The following is a post from Candice Owens.

The really good news is Trump reposted it on his Facebook page.

Candace Owens:" At the moment, POTUS is sitting on a stack of Trump cards that he's just waiting to unleash...a royal  flush!
He has court cases that will go to the Supreme Court and thanks to the Texas case, he's now aware how to file them properly...under article 3 not 2...so the SCOTUS will be forced to listen.....
He now has the DNI report. Barr stepped down and can now be a witness.....he did his job. Durham is special counsel and can prosecute, in any state....
He's letting civil, criminal and federal courts fail to handle the situation properly.....so he can use military tribunals. He has ALL the data from the NSA, the Kraken supercomputer, the Alice supercomputer and likely many more computers, unknown to us....
He has the dueling electors from 7 state legislatures.  He has VP Pence, as the final arbiter of which ballots to accept.....
He has the Insurrection Act, the NDAA, the national emergency, the 14th amendment, the 2018 executive order, the 2017 very first EO, the Patriot Act, the FISA warrants, the Declassification of everything, people swearing affidavits by the 1000s.
He has all the statistical data being analyzed....along with the videos, emails, phone calls and bank transfer statements.....showing the coordination of the coup d'etat.
He has RICO and he has the crimes against humanity videos. Wikileaks just dropped extensive information and Assange will be pardoned. Assange can then openly discuss the murder of Seth Rich....
Now that the governors and secretary of states certified and Biden accepted....they each committed and knowingly agreed to acts of Treason....
Solar Winds was literally just raided and Dominion is  closing down, as well. He has the CIA servers, used to change dominion machine votes from Trump to Biden...and he will soon have access to the actual machines, themselves....
He baited the Deep State into staying in DC, so they can be arrested. Biden hasn't accepted any transition money and Harris has still not given up her seat on the senate....
The military has infiltrated Antifa and BLM. He has all their financial records. He knows which politicians took Chinese and Soros money....both Republican and Demorat....
He positioned Christopher Miller as secretary of defense and Ezra-Cohen Watnick as assistant secretary of defense. He literally just wrote an executive order, regarding the military line of succession. Many suspect Watnick to be Q.
He is defunding the CIA. He just replaced Kissinger & Allbright on the National Security Advisory Board.....with men loyal to him.
The military has been flying planes, far more than usual, all over the country. The Navy just parked mega fleets on both coasts. The 82nd Airborne is preparing for an operation....which is the same group that General Flynn & AG Donoghue were enlisted.
Pieces are finally falling into place. POTUS has it all! He is just laying out the pieces and building the narrative. He knows he won and they commited Treason! He set a trap and they walked right in, without hesitation.
He gave the Deep State the chance to come clean and try to fix things. They chose Treason! They will all hang, as the result.
Patriots in control! Nothing can stop what's coming.".  Copied and pasted
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:45:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Reality.

All of the economic hardships created by the shutdowns in 2020 are going to manifest in 2021.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I thought doomers got made fun of.

Can’t keep up with the GD trends.

Reality.

All of the economic hardships created by the shutdowns in 2020 are going to manifest in 2021.

^^^^^^
I was thinking this if Trump stays in. The stuff already put in the pipe in 2020 will not be good for 2021. Then you add Democrat wet dreams to it all...... It's reality....and it won't be good.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In my opinion, we are very near the end of affordable food storage.  Same for any meaningful long term preps that require materials made of steel, although wood seems to be holding out well.  

I’m not saying it’s not going to be available, I’m saying you damn well better hurry if you think you need to build barns, sheds, have any tools you don’t already own, create the ability to feed people....

All of that stuff is going to be impossible to get at any price, like ammo.  Same with long term food storage items.  Get them ASAP.  They’ll be available later, at 5 times the price.

Another thing I expect to become in huge demand is home-sized solar power systems.  5-20kW systems with battery backup.  Panels are crazy cheap right now.  Buy them.  Lots. Of. Them.
View Quote

i agree.

i think prices on EVERYTHING will start to slowly creep up soon. fuel prices for DAMN sure. expect the price of gas to about double with in a few years back to obama era $4 bucks a gallon. prices are already climbing on several things, especially on steel. steel prices are high as shit. solar panels are always a good investment if you think electricity might be hard to come by.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe 2021 would have been fine if Buck19delta would have just make a "salad days forever 2021 thread" but noooooo....bucks gonna delta.

Godspeed and good luck to all American patriots.
View Quote

hey brother, if i thought that would work, id have made nothing but good vibes / happy days threads from the get go.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If they manipulated you into leaving the army before 20 years, that's an example of things they're willing to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i spent 17 years in the army. for every bullet i shot i ate probably 10lbs of food and drank 100 gallons of water and wiped my butt 50 times, and needed light, and heat to be comfortable.  ammo and guns are nice, but you need a lot more than that.  i think the usa in general will resemble detroit nationally in a few short years with democrats running everything. ( name 1 democrat controlled state / city thats financially sound and not all fucked up )

nope, i left under a medical discharge. i still met the requirements for a ky national guard medical retirement. ill start getting it at 58 years old, be a nice $$ addition to the budget. ( if dollars are worth anything by then )
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#13]
In, I am.
21's gonna be a crippled clusterfuck.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#14]
i guess im getting $600 bucks from uncle sam.

Definately not a fortune, but enough to get a few extra things accomplished around the compound.

Ill probably use all of it to buy lumber. i need some 3/4 plywood to finish my reloading  and ham radio tables, as well as some 1"x12" shelf boards, and 2x4's and plywood to build shelving units in my prep storage room. ( i need 3x shelving units. 12' long, 12' tall and 30" wide.  and various other shelving here and there)

wood prices still suck though. maybe i can find some used shelving off facebook, or something i can dismantle and reuse the wood and save some bucks. hmmm.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Buck19delta, our prophet of doom speaks —> I subscribe
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#16]
In for more
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Good thread,  and thanks for the m&p mag link. Picked up 4.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good thread,  and thanks for the m&p mag link. Picked up 4.
View Quote

good deal ! i grabbed some as well !

the damn things are around $40 bucks for new ones.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Picked up a handful thank you sir!
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#20]
In on page 4!

While I bought them in 2020, in 2021 I'll be getting my Garand & Sandman S. I'll also finish my basement and have a connection for my generator set up to the house, to make it easier to have power if we have outages.

Adding to the food stores is a constant priority, but I'm pretty well stocked for now.

I'll also be setting up a private range on the property up north now that we're clearing some of the land. That's more of a long term goal tho and isn't that big of a priority.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good post... I don't think OP is wrong.
View Quote
Same, he speaks the truth!

God help us!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#22]

THANK YOU MY GOOD SIR!! I just placed my order!!

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Just picked up 150 7mm Nosler Partition bullets (160gr) for elk. Need another pound or two of powder and I can keep the family in (elk) venison for a long while.

We're moving to rural Montana in the spring...from the 'burbs less than 10 miles from where George Floyd died in May.

Many other preps are in order, which should make the move a heavy affair.

Need some land, a couple outbuildings and freedom and we'll make a go of it.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

They also have them for the 45...
Link

USED Smith & Wesson M&P Handgun Magazine .45 ACP Black Base 10/rd $11.99
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just picked up 150 7mm Nosler Partition bullets (160gr) for elk. Need another pound or two of powder and I can keep the family in (elk) venison for a long while.

We're moving to rural Montana in the spring...from the 'burbs less than 10 miles from where George Floyd died in May.

Many other preps are in order, which should make the move a heavy affair.

Need some land, a couple outbuildings and freedom and we'll make a go of it.

View Quote

I figured out that land isn't even a necessity in MT since there's so much public and block management ground available for use.

Now if you just want it because owning land is great - that's another story.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I too believe we will be back in a hot war by the mid terms.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Heard it with Clinton, heard it with Obama. Heard with with y@k and Peak Oil and...and...and

Aint the end of the world son, calm down.
View Quote
Remember the boy who cried wolf?
you're kind of like the opposite.
You'll be caught with your pants down when the shtf. <shrug>
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Fent hard.

Thanks Buck

PS especially helpful you updated thread title, I clicked on it from my subscriptions as soon as I saw it!  
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#29]
you should go ahead and buy replacement springs for the .45 mags.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I figured out that land isn't even a necessity in MT since there's so much public and block management ground available for use.

Now if you just want it because owning land is great - that's another story.
View Quote

I want a small orchard with a dozen apple trees, a couple cherry trees and a few others probably. Fruit bushes/brambles like blueberries and raspberries.  Room for some livestock like chickens, pigs and a cow or two, etc. --You know, a version of food security for the long term. Some decent land for gardening would be welcome as well.

I do apple trees and raspberries here, just on a smaller scale. This dumbass liberal city allows up to 4 laying hens, but that doesn't work well on 1/4 acre when you have dogs as well. --Interesting sidenote: I have a friend less than a mile away whose neighbor across the street has several goats . They're on a 1/2 acre lot and the city doesn't know about them.

I'm thinking somewhere in the range of 20 acres, if it lays right, will be enough to get me started.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm good if the power goes out. Canned food to the ceiling and fresh water on tap.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Cool! Thanks! Ordered 10 because why not?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#33]
so I should start buying ammo now?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Thanks!  I grabbed 6.  I have purchased the trade in .40 M&P mags several times, so I have plenty of .40 mags but I needed more 9mm mags.

I’d recommend anyone going in big time on an order to consider picking up this from Wolff:

Wolff M&P Full Size Mag Spring 10 pack

I’ve purchased a bunch of the .40 trade ins.  Each time I’d mark the mags, and rotate them through during range trips.  I’d usually see about half my bags would have trouble with occasional FTF.  

I bought a 10 pack of springs (you save a good bit buying in bulk) and replaced out the springs on the problem mags.  100% function after that.

Note that the 9mm mags snd the .40 mags take the same springs, so if you are also invested in M&P40 you can use in either.

I’m going to buy another 10 pack of springs so I can swap out any springs that look questionable.

I’d recommend disassembling all of these mags at a minimum.  My experience with the used M&P mags are police trade ins, and sone of them were clearly not stored in optimum conditions.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Thanks for the heads up, grabbed two for some extra training mags
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This is the new-style “YASBYBIC” thread isn’t it?

Who’s been here long enough to know what that even means?
View Quote

A '13er
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#37]

You want to see proof of voter fraud, please watch.
I hope America burns to the ground.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjbAFuoQOvo

You want to see proof of voter fraud, please watch.
I hope America burns to the ground.
View Quote

Any particular timestamps to watch in this video?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#39]
i stumbled upon this deal today. just could not pass it up, it will make a awesome addition to my new mancave / reloading room.

Mosler double door safe. approx 3500lbs. 75" tall x 50" wide x 35" deep. inside its 60" tall.  its 3x the size of my current safe, its GIGANTIC.

needs a few bits , a gun friendly interior and a paint job.

paid $500 bucks for it. picking it up this saturday.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#40]
feel free to post any prepper related deals in this thread. generators, mountain house food, mags, ammo, medical gear, etc.  ill try to post up some kind of deal every day as well.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Heard it with Clinton, heard it with Obama. Heard with with y@k and Peak Oil and...and...and

Aint the end of the world son, calm down.
View Quote

Not to say you're wrong, you're not, but you're not entirely correct either.  If 2020 proved anything its that crazy shit does happen
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Link

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link

I hate both of you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

ALET ! ALET ! ALET !  

Used 17 rd M&P 9mm mags $11.99!

(Snip)
View Quote

TY been looking for a deal on these for a while.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#44]
If anyone finds a deal on M&P Shield mags let me know. 9mm and 40S&W.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

i agree.

i think prices on EVERYTHING will start to slowly creep up soon. fuel prices for DAMN sure. expect the price of gas to about double with in a few years back to obama era $4 bucks a gallon. prices are already climbing on several things, especially on steel. steel prices are high as shit. solar panels are always a good investment if you think electricity might be hard to come by.
View Quote
Steel is stupid high right now but scrap is still in the tank.

I want 2007-2008 scrap prices back.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#46]
My question for the group here is :   If it all goes to shit and crashes where would the opportunities be to gain wealth?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#47]
A couple of decades ago I wanted a diesel truck, because I thought if it all went to hell in a handbasket, there would be diesel to keep trucking running. Then I saw Clinton dump millions of gallons of the oil reserve into the market to keep gas prices low.

In 2008/2009 I saw Bush and Obama bailout companies with taxpayer dollars.

That has been quadruply doubled with now two payouts to everyone during covid to keep the economy chugging.

I have learned that the gov will do whatever it has to do to keep the masses placated, and the masses will happily eat it up and be placated.

When tshtf it will hit everybody at the same time.
If half the population is bankrupt, your debt won't matter.
If banks fail the guy with $500k in the bank is in the same position as the guy with $5 in the bank.
Stock up on what you can but don't obsess over it.
Be the grey man. Don't advertise.
Prepare to do what you can to protect your family and friends.
Realize all this may someday cost you your life.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My question for the group here is :   If it all goes to shit and crashes where would the opportunities be to gain wealth?
View Quote

Food, clothing, and medicine. When those become scarce, normal law abiding citizens will become lawless to acquire them. People aren't knocking each other over in Sporting Goods stores for ammo, but they were fighting over toilet paper.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#49]
More likely to happen closer to 2030 but this new administration could speed that up. I’ll edit my post with some links I’ve recently read.

ETA: being lazy but ITR Economics has a very thoughtful and interesting theory worth looking at.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
i stumbled upon this deal today. just could not pass it up, it will make a awesome addition to my new mancave / reloading room...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 55
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top